Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31463 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by segxyrema: 7:48am On Jun 04, 2013
billante:

Foolish human being! Celebrating slavery.....one day ur master will also tax you for sleeping with ur wife!
Stop abusing pple,is immature act. The basic thing nigerians failed to understand is hw to derive positives things or opportunities frm any challenges or changes in our country or environment.
Those toll gates are good innovation which to be emulated throughout the country.its checkmate a lot of things and provide source of income and revenue.
All we need to fight for is the price of ticket to be reduce
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MiloRambaldi(m): 7:52am On Jun 04, 2013
eko ilee:

Emotions and sentiments wont get us to the promise land, but strategies and prudent financial investments surely will.

It's no news that we don't have every kobo we need to build every inch of road in the state talk less enough to develop other infrastructures like schools, colleges, hospitals, clinics, transportation, human and capital development and with this obvious realities, we have to get creative with what we have, we have to recycle our resources to get what we want without accumulating needless .

1. We need to understand one thing and it is the fact that this bridge is not only a very needed infrastructure in terms of practical solution to chronic traffic problems in the area but also a business investment on behalf of the people of Lagos state.

2. We need to also understand that the money collected from Lagosians driving on this bridge belongs to the same Lagosians to be spent on other infrastructures like the ones I listed earlier including that bad road you complain about, that 4thMB we need so badly but too expensive, the metro rail we are working on, our schools and hospitals and so on.

3. This bridge is not taking anything away from anybody unduly since there are free alternatives all over the place so if money from this bridge built your road in Okokomaiko, it means other people paid to build your road.

4. Bottom line, we are recycling our money to get what we want in the most prudent and debt free way possible and using money from this bridge to build so many infrastructures all over the state is better than taxing you to do it or borrowing money to do it..

We've found a creative way to take care of our needs and progress accordingly together. Let's not cry and keep shooting ourselves over what's really not killing anybody but making money for us to take care of us, there are free alternatives

Ok. By same vein, it's alright for the govt to toll the 3MB to get more funds in addition to the taxes.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Qc1(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2013
billante:

Mumu u hav already paid for it!! That's if u are old enough or employed to be paying tax, cause I can see u are jobless or still in being spoon fed by ur parents

US govt can never use tax payers money to build a bridge and still toll it again! They will only allow a toll on a road if it was constructed on a concessionaire basis to recoup investment!

Lair !!! What about New Jersey turnpike? What about Verrazzano bridge from staten Island to Brooklyn in NY? And the list goes on in the US.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Qc1(m): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2013
oshea44: Some people are just idiot, they have never travelled outside the country Nigeria before and see how the Western World Govt tax the hell out of you, I am in Canada, the govt tax 13% out of everything you buy, 13% from your Wages, $500 for car insurance every month, which tax una dey pay for 9ja, Yet una go dey complain.. Mind you, the bridge cost alot of money and how do u pay taxes? let me ask you a question, paying toll money is it not better than bad road or nothing? Please sometimes let think before we talk, cos its extremely annoying...if my second home Nigeria go bill 30% of tax from my money, i go pay....

Word !!!

In Quebec you pay about 20% (direct income tax) + 13.5% on every dollar used to purchase anything. There are also some places you can't walk for free. E.g Laronde.

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Qc1(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2013
ILIDEFI: I strongly detest Eko Ile and his brother Eko Atlantic. Typical Yoruba bigots they both are. They've never been outside the south west but think they know anytin abt Nigeria.
To start wit, Lagos is not Yoruba land. Lagos was Nigeria's capital city, and today it represents Nigeria as a whole. D beauty of Lagos today is because it wz built by Nigeria, not by Southwesterners, who lack a sense of beauty. Eko Ile and co, how many other SW cities are like Lagos? It's just like northerners coming to boast about Abj cos it's in d north.
Granted dat Onitsha may be dirty cos of the large population of traders and the enormous trading activities going on there, but you guys should visit Enugu and Owerri. Are they in any way less developed than Ibadan and Abeokuta etc? The answer is no.
Go to villages in d East and see development. Men hustle and develop their communities. Fine houses are built, electricity is brought into communities, even roads are tarred by indigenes of various communities, unlike your SW ppl that depend on government to do everything for them.
You guys should change that dirty mindset you have about Igbos, which only portray jealousy. No other tribe in Nigeria wud'v been standing this tall like Igbos, if they faced the civil war, and the ensuing marginalization that Igbos have faced for many decades now. Igbos are still d best in Nigeria, and the transformation you all have been craving for will only come in Nigeria wen an Igbo man ascends the presidency. Mark my words.

You're out of of your mind!
Im 100% Lagosian hail from Ikorodu town. What do you mean Lagos is not a Yoruba land? Eluku lo ma gba e lenu!

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by feminancy(m): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2013
Eko Ile: This looks so so better than many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje o.

how old is this boy??

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mandarin: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2013
We must appreciate progress. If govt introduced toll in areas serving the rich and you complain then i don't know what you want. The Abuja govt that controls everything is not doing enough and Lagos is running a high tax income system because its not getting enough like it contributes. If 50% of all taxes levied on services in Lagos are returned to the state coffers there wont be need for any toll anywhere but all these money go to Abuja and never returns. its the FG that's responsible for the hardships by its financial unitary system that has also breded mass corruption. I think we should appreciate LASG efforts.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Horus(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2013

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2013
dgreat001:

God have mercy!!!....imagine how two 'grown men' are feeling like retards......
Won't you be called a fool when you give money to some1 to buy you are TV and at the end the person requires you to pay b4 getting assess to watch it
I pity the Future of the Now.....#brainwashed n spoonfed generation
The only thing worse than being a foool is not realizing it. You have no idea how advanced civillizations function.....you belong in the past. You're the one that needs to be pitied....look at the silly comparism he just gave....and he feels he's intelligent....Go and acquire knowledge.

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by zobaamara: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2013
grin grin angry smiley smiley tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Abagworo: I'm impressed. I hope this level of cleanliness is maintained.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mandarin: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2013
ILIDEFI: I strongly detest Eko Ile and his brother Eko Atlantic. Typical Yoruba bigots they both are. They've never been outside the south west but think they know anytin abt Nigeria.
To start wit, Lagos is not Yoruba land. Lagos was Nigeria's capital city, and today it represents Nigeria as a whole. D beauty of Lagos today is because it wz built by Nigeria, not by Southwesterners, who lack a sense of beauty. Eko Ile and co, how many other SW cities are like Lagos? It's just like northerners coming to boast about Abj cos it's in d north.
Granted dat Onitsha may be dirty cos of the large population of traders and the enormous trading activities going on there, but you guys should visit Enugu and Owerri. Are they in any way less developed than Ibadan and Abeokuta etc? The answer is no.
Go to villages in d East and see development. Men hustle and develop their communities. Fine houses are built, electricity is brought into communities, even roads are tarred by indigenes of various communities, unlike your SW ppl that depend on government to do everything for them.
You guys should change that dirty mindset you have about Igbos, which only portray jealousy. No other tribe in Nigeria wud'v been standing this tall like Igbos, if they faced the civil war, and the ensuing marginalization that Igbos have faced for many decades now. Igbos are still d best in Nigeria, and the transformation you all have been craving for will only come in Nigeria wen an Igbo man ascends the presidency. Mark my words.

All these talks of Lagos not been a Yoruba on this forum should not be an issue though i wont like to take any side but let's be objective. The Colonial and Federal office was built on Lagos Island and so developed through collective resources like other cities across Nigeria e.g. Porthacourt,Kaduna, Kano, Minna(may be the East has not enjoyed same benefits)Its worth of note that the industrial Lagos around the mainland was built by the Awolowo regime(you can trace the history) alongside the Oluyole industrial estate in Ibadan. These areas generate the largest chunk of taxes aside the seaports in Lagos. Besides, the Lekki corridor today is a brain child of Lagos state government.
Lagos state is the commercial capital of Nigeria just as New York and London and anyone around the world is free to invest,live and enjoy life to the fullest while just like all over the world original land owners are known and acknowledged.Lagos State originally belong to various Yoruba groups as Ijebu, Egba,Awori,Ilaje,Egun etc and its not important if anyone accept it or not and that necessitated for Abuja's creation om land ownership issue

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2013
mandarin:

All these talks of Lagos not been a Yoruba on this forum should not be an issue though i wont like to take any side but let's be objective. The Colonial and Federal office was built on Lagos Island and so developed through collective resources like other cities across Nigeria e.g. Porthacourt,Kaduna, Kano, Minna(may be the East has not enjoyed same benefits)Its worth of note that the industrial Lagos around the mainland was built by the Awolowo regime(you can trace the history) alongside the Oluyole industrial estate in Ibadan. These areas generate the largest chunk of taxes aside the seaports in Lagos. Besides, the Lekki corridor today is a brain child of Lagos state government.
Lagos state is the commercial capital of Nigeria just as New York and London and anyone around the world is free to invest,live and enjoy life to the fullest while just like all over the world original land owners are known and acknowledged.Lagos State originally belong to various Yoruba groups as Ijebu, Egba,Awori,Ilaje,Egun etc and its not important if anyone accept it or not and that necessitated for Abuja's creation om land ownership issue
Pls educate them.....Your input is a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by BrokenTV: 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
eko ilee:

Of what relevance is my age to your existence and well being..
it is relevance for me because your are suppose to be in the kid section unfortunately Seun did not create it. So construction of bridge and toll booth is what you called development i asked you a straight forward question of yes or no. I need your answer stop beating round the bush.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Ok. By same vein, it's alright for the govt to toll the 3MB to get more funds in addition to the taxes.

I don't care and it makes no difference to me, that bridge belongs to the federal government and they can do whatever they want with it.

And this is not just about tolling, this is more about what you do with the money collected. Is the FG going to use the money collected from Lagosians to build more roads and bridges in Lagos? Are they going to use it to build schools and hospital for Lagosians..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
Broken TV: [s]
it is relevance for me because your are suppose to be in the kid section unfortunately Seun did not create it. So construction of bridge and toll booth is what you called development i asked you a straight forward question of yes or no. I need your answer stop beating round the bush.[/s]

I've answered your question you piece of shity and I was even more than generous for entertaining your retarded elementary question.

Some of you idiots really overstate your shity importance and relevance..

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by BrokenTV: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
eko ilee:

I've answered your question you piece of shity and I was even more than generous for entertaining your retarded elementary question.

Some of you idiots really overstate your shity importance and relevance..
you did not answer my question you are actually running away from it. I did not know if you brain are being run by micro chip or what, it the kind of you that follow their party and jump into abyss. Keep deceiving yourself, keep showing the world your stupidity. You are not ashamed of yourself am pretty sure that your people are bitter at the kind of brainless child they brought into the world. You claim to be intelligence by shying away from what i ask you.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 5:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Broken TV:
[s] you did not answer my question you are actually running away from it. I did not know if you brain are being run by micro chip or what, it the kind of you that follow their party and jump into abyss. Keep deceiving yourself, keep showing the world your stupidity. You are not ashamed of yourself am pretty sure that your people are bitter at the kind of brainless child they brought into the world. You claim to be intelligence by shying away from what i ask you. [/s]

Look here you mentally disabled slimebag, I've answered your dumb question so get off my nuts for Christ sake. Geezzz.

Here is is what I said...

eko ilee:

The fact is, toll or no toll I don't care, just build infrastructures and make our lives better which so far the useless and worthless PDP don't know how to do.

So what do you want from me or you just don't know how to read and comprehend you dullard? Do I have to spell it out to you like a damn baby....? And if you don't like my answer, go kill your self and quit being a damn pest.

Get lost and quit wasting my time

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
Horus:

This is so lovely....

Lagos Photographers are hard at work on this bridge...

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MiloRambaldi(m): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
eko ilee:

I don't care and it makes no difference to me, that bridge belongs to the federal government and they can do whatever they want with it.

And this is not just about tolling, this is more about what you do with the money collected. Is the FG going to use the money collected from Lagosians to build more roads and bridges in Lagos? Are they going to use it to build schools and hospital for Lagosians..

Of course tolling the 3MB would make a lot of difference to Lagosians just as tolling the Lekki Epe road is affecting the area. But because Fashola's govt is god to you, you opt to see no wrong is their commercializing basic amenities.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by bloggernaija: 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Please don't let truth get in the way of your bias.

Building infrastructure has nothing to do with PDP or ACN. Akpabio in Akwa Ibom has built far more roads and bridges (not tolled, btw) than Fashola and he is PDP. They are a few other performing PDP governors as there are ACN duds too. Ideologically, there's little to choose between PDP, ACN, CPC, etc.

N250/N300 is too high as toll for this road, considering the straight alternate road is also tolled at N120/150.

Only the dishonest blind would reject removal of fuel subsidy and then applaud tolling of key roads without viable alternatives.

If you cannot afford to pay toll on a road , then you should not own a car .
Do these people even know that in Singapore ,you have to play yearly lottery to even get a driving license.this is not only to reduce the number of cars on the road and fuel consumption but to also reduce pressures on the foreign reserve.
Personally I will like to see a congestion charge once the monorail project has been completed .
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by BrokenTV: 6:32am On Jun 05, 2013
eko ilee:

Look here you mentally disabled slimebag, I've answered your dumb question so get off my nuts for Christ sake. Geezzz.

Here is is what I said...

So what do you want from me or you just don't know how to read and comprehend you dullard? Do I have to spell it out to you like a damn baby....? And if you don't like my answer, go kill your self and quit being a damn pest.

Get lost and quit wasting my time
i should have know this that your pathetic brain is beyond repair, that you have been totally brainwashed, you are not the one typing this, is the chip that liar Muhammad inserted in your brain that is working, son take it easy by this rate you are going you are going to crash. Did i ask you if pdp government can construct bridge, what i asked you is if it was pdp led government that constructed that bridge what will be your reaction to it.
To show the world how dullard you are you leave the question i asked you and starting talking boo. And your answer is that pdp government cannot construct any brigde. For your information let me remind you that that your acn/apc or whatever is a reject waste products of pdp keep crying foul. The problem Nigeria is facing today is people like you, people that will be twisting the truth to make it fit their evil agenda. Shame.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by danbabe: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2013
This bridge is the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though it is expensive, it takes me approximately 12 minutes from my house in Lekki Phase 1, to my office in Parkview Ikoyi. Unbelievable! A journey that used to take me one and a half hours going through Oniru! I will now save money on fuel and the wear and tear on my car will be less. Fashola, God bless you. We need more Governors like you. Forward thinking grin

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ade80: 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
bloggernaija:

If you cannot afford to pay toll on a road , then you should not own a car .
Do these people even know that in Singapore ,you have to play yearly lottery to even get a driving license.this is not only to reduce the number of cars on the road and fuel consumption but to also reduce pressures on the foreign reserve.
Personally I will like to see a congestion charge once the monorail project has been completed .

Do you live in nigeria
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by alkalineak: 11:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
HNosegbe: This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.

True talk my brother..you talk sense!

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
danbabe: This bridge is the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though it is expensive, it takes me approximately 12 minutes now from my house in Lekki phase 1 to my office in Parkview Ikoyi. Unbelievable! A journey that used to take me One and a half hours going through Oniru! I will now save money on fuel and the wear and tear on my car will be less. Fashola, God bless you. We need more Governors like you. Forward thinking grin

That's the idea..

Eko o ni baje o

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
Broken TV:
i should have know this that your pathetic brain is beyond repair, that you have been totally brainwashed, you are not the one typing this, is the chip that liar Muhammad inserted in your brain that is working, son take it easy by this rate you are going you are going to crash. Did i ask you if pdp government can construct bridge, what i asked you is if it was pdp led government that constructed that bridge what will be your reaction to it.
To show the world how dullard you are you leave the question i asked you and starting talking boo. And your answer is that pdp government cannot construct any brigde. For your information let me remind you that that your acn/apc or whatever is a reject waste products of pdp keep crying foul. The problem Nigeria is facing today is people like you, people that will be twisting the truth to make it fit their evil agenda. Shame.

What do you want from me? The lousy PDP 14 year old government is yet to build any bridge and have no intentions of building any so why are you asking me dumb questions? Ask me that dumb and silly question when they start building bridge.

Niger bridge is still a beg beg bridge after 30 years and 14 years PDP administration.

Please get lost wih your retardation nonsense. Usless cassava bread dullard.

Asking me dumb question as if your masters sabi wipe their nose talk less building bridge.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Horus(m): 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko Ile: This looks so so better than many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje o.

Ummm..... Ok, now youre pushing it.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
kingoflag:

Ummm..... Ok, now youre pushing it.

I wasn't. Maybe not the best in the world, but def better than many in yankee and other places..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

I wasn't. Maybe not the best in the world, but def better than many in yankee and other places..

Lol Youre still pushing it bro...

But, it looks good theres no denying that. Its such a shame only Lagos and a few Western States that seem to even have an idea what governing is about in a country as vast as Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 1:16am On Jun 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Lol Youre still pushing it bro...

But, it looks good theres no denying that. Its such a shame only Lagos and a few Western States that seem to even have an idea what governing is about in a country as vast as Nigeria.

You keep saying pushing it, buy are you saying all the ones in Yankee are better than this? I don't get you.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by PvtParts1: 2:33am On Jun 06, 2013
Federal Govt should toll all their roads in the SW. Since tolling is accepted in lAGOS, Ikorodu, 3rd Mainland and Apapa and Mile 2 Rds should be tolled. Subsidies in the form oil should also be removed and all existing federal schools should be self autonomous in fund generations via a new fee arrangement

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) / Anambra Has Over 1 Billion Barrels Of Oil & 30 Trillion Cubic Ft Of Gas - Obiano / Akeredolu: Tayo The Road To Your House Was Tarred By Me(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.