Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,205 members, 7,780,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:09 PM

Please Convert to African Traditional Religions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Convert to African Traditional Religions (4024 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Are African Traditional Religions Syncretic In Nature (between One Another)? / Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
hi smiley

please convert to African Traditional Religions. NOW IS YOUR TIME!
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Swaggot00(m): 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
hi smiley

please convert to African Traditional Religions. NOW IS YOUR TIME!
¤_¤ which one is dis nw?
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
hahhahahahahaahah!!!!!

Mods, pls close this thread.. angry

grin
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by plaetton: 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
Evangelical Paganism.
Keep spreading the good news bro.
The kingdom is at hand. grin grin
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kufre2010: 1:22am On Jun 04, 2013
I subscribe to u bro, i don't subscribe to any powerless imported sky daddy. Traditional religion is where the power lies. If u think i'm lying ask ombatse group in Nasarawa. The truth is there is no popular pastor who is not using traditional power or occultic power to protect himself and to perform miracle to get .$€£. While members are suffèring and dying. What do u thing biblical Isreaj where practicing in the old testament? Do u thing all does consultation they were doing before taking any national action like going to war or festivals were to sky Daddy? Jesus to tell them not to sacrifice blood to those dieties. Jesus did not die he finish his work as a Godman or a Messiah b4 he get married to mary magdalene so all those biblical and koranic cork and bull stories was a grand plan by agent of satan in leadership position so as to rob u of God power and render u powerless to satanic attack. If ifa, Amadioha and other dieties are satanic them why would witches and wizard, mamaid b afraid of them. Why were they being used to discover and killed witches in the society remember jesus say a kingdom cannot divide against itself. Our colonial masters knows that with african traditional religion they wil nt b able to colonise Africa so they first of all send their agents to brainwashed them to give up on their tradition before they colonise them. Why would they tell us not to practice our tradition yet they carry thousands of our dieties to europe and america. They are now ready tn buy the remaining one with millions of dollars. Brothers pls let wake up this white folks are maimaid they are from water they are more spiritual and wiser than us hence their deceptions. They are the inventors of these their religion yet they don't embrace it much exception of the younger generation who are not aware of the deception behind religions. I have said mine he who have ears wil here. Life is very important. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 04, 2013
^^ you have said it all, paganism all the way
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:23am On Jun 04, 2013
kufre2010: I subscribe to u bro, i don't subscribe to any powerless imported sky daddy. Traditional religion is where the power lies. If u think i'm lying ask ombatse group in Nasarawa. The truth is there is no popular pastor who is not using traditional power or occultic power to protect himself and to perform miracle to get .$€£. While members are suffèring and dying. What do u thing biblical Isreaj where practicing in the old testament? Do u thing all does consultation they were doing before taking any national action like going to war or festivals were to sky Daddy? Jesus to tell them not to sacrifice blood to those dieties. Jesus did not die he finish his work as a Godman or a Messiah b4 he get married to mary magdalene so all those biblical and koranic cork and bull stories was a grand plan by agent of satan in leadership position so as to rob u of God power and render u powerless to satanic attack. If ifa, Amadioha and other dieties are satanic them why would witches and wizard, mamaid b afraid of them. Why were they being used to discover and killed witches in the society remember jesus say a kingdom cannot divide against itself. Our colonial masters knows that with african traditional religion they wil nt b able to colonise Africa so they first of all send their agents to brainwashed them to give up on their tradition before they colonise them. Why would they tell us not to practice our tradition yet they carry thousands of our dieties to europe and america. They are now ready tn buy the remaining one with millions of dollars. Brothers pls let wake up this white folks are maimaid they are from water they are more spiritual and wiser than us hence their deceptions. They are the inventors of these their religion yet they don't embrace it much exception of the younger generation who are not aware of the deception behind religions. I have said mine he who have ears wil here. Life is very important. Thanks

Baba I salut dey! cool
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:24am On Jun 04, 2013
plaetton: Evangelical Paganism.
Keep spreading the good news bro.
The kingdom is at hand. grin grin

Rejoice for the Kingdom of the Gods is back! (updated v 2.0) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by onila(f): 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
grin
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kufre2010: 9:27am On Jun 05, 2013
Jesus, mohammed should leave Africa they are foreign gods

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 12:55am On Jun 06, 2013
you can't just Convert to ATRs they are not organized like Christianity. they do not have a set of rules(more or less)
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 06, 2013
TerryCarr: you can't just Convert to ATRs they are not organized like Christianity. they do not have a set of rules(more or less)
what's your ethnicity?
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:04am On Jun 06, 2013
TerryCarr: you can't just Convert to ATRs they are not organized like Christianity. they do not have a set of rules(more or less)

Not really..

Actually all tribals by law are Pagans. THere was no proper conversion process, because when Pagan religions existed, no other religions existed. So basically when you are born into a tribe, the tribes religion is automaticlaly yours.

I think this is why xtians invented baptism. so as to symbolically cleanse the person of his born religion.

Anyways, the only way to "officially" convert to Pagan religion is by starting to follow it and to further legitimize it, you can be initiated into it.

In my case for example, i did not have to undergo any formal conversion process like baptism (xtians) or reciting shahada (muslims)

I was already born Pagan.
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kufre2010: 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
i am a traditionalist and we have our rules. 1. We believe what u sow is what u wil reap so we don't believe in sin and forgive. If u do something bad, for u to b free u go to the person of whom u do that thing against and confers he or she is the one to give u forgiveness. We believe in the existence of gud and bad karma which u create by ur action or inaction. It only a witch or wizard or satanic agent traditionalist that wil engage in evil practice but these people wil not use any of the potent African dieties because it wil strike them death for engaging in evil. These are satanic agents who call themselves traditionalist to render havoc on their unsuspecting victims just as we get pastors and prophets who are satanic agents. But these evil traditionalist can be fish out using the potent African dieties like Amadioha as it was done in the case of Bakassi. As a traditionalist i don't eat food cook by a woman on menses. As a traditionalist we don't hate but we love everyhuman no matter ur religion because we believe everyface is the face of God as God is in every one. As a traditional i don't assume anything until i consult oracle and find out the truth or they show me in a dream. I don't need to have my own oracle i go to the priest. Example b4 u married u have to find out who ur wife or husband is so that u wil not marry a witch, snake, mami water or papawater etc. At time u have to know the line of business that is good for u as a businessman. In traditional religioun it is a curse on u if u disrespect elders. They are so many

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what's your ethnicity?
Afro American
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kufre2010: 12:16am On Jun 07, 2013
As a traditionalist i am very bold, brave and happy because i know that as far as i don't go against the law of creation or natural law no witches, no mamaid, no lucifer can do me anything because the power is too much.
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
^whats your religion?
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
TerryCarr: Afro American
since you don't have an ethnicity , i'm afraid to tell you that paganism is organized in each ethnicity , meaning calling paganism disorganized is misleading since you probably don't know half of African Ethnicities

2 Likes

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
"Organized religion is typically characterized by an official doctrine (or dogma), a hierarchical or bureaucratic leadership structure, and a codification of rules and practices"
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
TerryCarr: "Organized religion is typically characterized by an official doctrine (or dogma), a hierarchical or bureaucratic leadership structure, and a codification of rules and practices"

go check Ifa and BWITI religion/paganism them come back ...we will see if you still call them disorganized
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
go check Ifa and BWITI religion/paganism them come back ...we will see if you still call them disorganized

Bwiti is a spiritual discipline of the forest-dwelling Babongo and Mitsogo peoples of Gabon (where it is recognized as one of three official religions) and by the Fang people of Gabon and Cameroon. Modern Bwiti incorporates animism, ancestor worship and Christianity into a syncretistic belief system.
Bwiti is one of Gabon's official religions and is influenced by Christianity including using the Christian Calendar.
it does not look organized it me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6xiDEqsjU

Due to their structured, standardized, and so easily proliferated form, organized religions comprise many of the world's major religious groups. The Abrahamic religions are all largely considered organized (including Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Bahai Faith), as well as some schools of thought within Indian religions (for example, some schools of Hinduism and Buddhism). Religions that are not considered organized, or only loosely so, include many indigenous and folk religions, such as traditional African religions, Native American religions, and prehistoric religions, as well as personal religions including most strands of Hinduism. Hinduism is an example of a major religion that is not organized. Even though a few Hindu monasteries and religious institutions have organized themselves, these are local to the organizations affecting only their adherents and have very little impact on the rest of the religious practices. For the most part, Hinduism is personal in nature without organizational backing and does not advocate interference in politics or social affairs.

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
^^ of course coming from a western point of view our religions are not organized, in fact according to them we are backwards and primitives, come to think of it aren't they the same who called us uncivilized or without civilization? please our religions don't have to answer europeans standards to b considered as organized .BTW the whole article doesn't even make sense ..BWITI AND IFA(that you ignored) existed before ISLAM and Christianity, how come these religions have suddenly been influenced by Abrahamic religions?

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^ of course coming from a western point of view our religions are not organized, in fact according to them we are backwards and primitives, come to think of it aren't they the same who called us uncivilized or without civilization? please our religions don't have to answer europeans standards to b considered as organized .BTW the whole article doesn't even make sense ..BWITI AND IFA(that you ignored) existed before ISLAM and Christianity, how come these religions have suddenly been influenced by Abrahamic religions?

[img]http://4.bp..com/_enRW2gU1hjg/S9rdnKejXoI/AAAAAAAAA6I/W0mtFBNAg-4/s400/Religion_distribution_Afric.jpg[/img]
that's way.

and anyway unorganized religions is kind of interesting since not every body does it the same way.
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Your map shows an heavy presence of abrahamic religion not that they have influenced traditional religions and in Cameroon we have more traditional worshipers than muslims and they have sensibly the same pop with christians .Anyway ike i said our religion don't have an abramic influence what we do inside the BWITI religion has nothing to do with Christianity or islam
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
here is a more Christianized Bwiti compared to the native one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKBX6LA76GI
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
^^^ please kindly tell how you terrycar and your western supremacist know how the "native" BWITI religion is supposed to look like
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
internet
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
TerryCar, what are the characteristics of an organized religion?
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by TerryCarr(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
TerryCar, what are the characteristics of an organized religion?
organized religion works like some kind of government or and organization(hence organized) they are govern by rules and laws and they have religious leaders who lead the people and preach etc. Catholic Church is a great example it is very complex
here is "How to Become Pope"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF8I_r9XT7A

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? / What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? / 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.