Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? (20894 Views)

Cement Business In Nigeria Is A Good Business, Start Your Today / Suppliers Or Investors Wanted To Supply For A Cement Manufacturing Company / Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by Sploofic: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Good day fellow Nairalanders.

I'm a young Nigerian planning to get a loan of 1million from a family member to start cement business. But as we all knw, every business done without proper feasibility studies will surely crash.
Therefore i'ld like to ask about the pros and cons from any of you who has gone into this business before, presently doing it, or knows someone who is into it. For example if i want to get cement from obajana or other cement factories and supply in lagos, ibadan, akure and environs, what would it cost me to get a full trailer(600bags) and transport down here. And whats the current price cement retailers buy.
I'ld really be very grateful if the moderators of this great forum can help me post this topic on front page so i can get more concise informations. I believe this will help other prospective investors too. Thanks a lot in anticipation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by fingaroll5: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2013
I am an american who is looking to invest in a business in Nigeria. I too am very interested in investing in a cement business. Maybe we can get to know each other and gain a partnership? We get to know each other and build trust. Then find a reputable consultant that we can get a professional feasability study done. What do you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by Sploofic: 11:18am On Jun 04, 2013
fingaroll5: I am an american who is looking to invest in a business in Nigeria. I too am very interested in investing in a cement business. Maybe we can get to know each other and gain a partnership? We get to know each other and build trust. Then find a reputable consultant that we can get a professional feasability study done. What do you think?
Thats a good idea. But i feel there's a need to know all it what it entails before going further. You could send me a PM so talk more. I still need to gather ideas as i'm not too grounded in the business. Just looking to invest in it
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by lipstick1(f): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
i work in a cement company in calabar,i can help you get distributorship in my company it will cost u nothing just your ability to pay for your orders,we run a prepay system.For major distributorship,u started with 50 Trucks, a truck carries 600 bagS.We dont transport for people in this category,but there is another categories where we undertake to deliver to your doorstep,here you start with as little as 3 trucks. Call me for further details; 08033212743
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by Sploofic: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
lipstick 1: i work in a cement company in calabar,i can help you get distributorship in my company it will cost u nothing just your ability to pay for your orders,we run a prepay system.For major distributorship,u started with 50 Trucks, a truck carries 600 bagS.We dont transport for people in this category,but there is another categories where we undertake to deliver to your doorstep,here you start with as little as 3 trucks. Call me for further details; 08033212743
thanks a lot 4 ur time. pls wat brand of cement do u sell and what is the cost per truck?
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by LondonCool(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by beconx: 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
jhytfhjb
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by Sploofic: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
beconx: @sploofic i am also interested in the cement business.. been trying to see a particular lady who happens t be a distributor of dangote cement so she could put me through but she has been posting me for the past two weeks.. i wont mind if we could join heads together, i am not saying partnership, but we could make the findings together... please drop your number so i could call you or better still call me.. 08066059047
Are u on whatsapp? I've got some useful info now sha. I'd love 2 put heads 2geda. And i tink it would be best if we can chat
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by beconx: 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Yes i am on whatsapp... We can chat...
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by Sploofic: 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
beconx: Yes i am on whatsapp... We can chat...
its like dat number is not 4 ur whatsapp. I saved it but couldnt get across
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by beconx: 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
whats your own number so i could call you
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by lymelyte(m): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
I am seriously interested in cement biz too.I have being looking for someone that would shed more light on this type of biz..
Please keep up with the update..a partnership would be accepted by me.I don't mind
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by wealth123: 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
I am DISTRIBUTOR OF Dangote Cement. I have written many treads on the subject of cement distribution and how profitable it is. Just go to google now and type DANGOTE CEMENT DISTRIBUTOR and you will see some of my post here on nairaland.

You can also call me on 08082083126 and book an appointment for a free chat on how to start and challenges to face and possible mitigants.

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by Strongedition: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2013
fingaroll5: I am an american who is looking to invest in a business in Nigeria. I too am very interested in investing in a cement business. Maybe we can get to know each other and gain a partnership? We get to know each other and build trust. Then find a reputable consultant that we can get a professional feasability study done. What do you think?

Edo north is known for solid minerals.From limestone,calcite,dolomite etc.So many quarries spread across the area mining and distributing raw materials all over nigeria.
There are so many business opportunities down here,i wld just give an insight on the compressor.Its a smalll machine of different sizes used in drilling holes into rocks b4 blasting.It has always been in high demand here since the 90s and has never been enough,u even have people booking for night work.
There are different types and prices,its even cheaper buying it abroad and bringing into 9ja.ATLAS COPCO which is the best around here(availability of parts and strong lasting engine) its summarily 1.2million naira (a foreign used one)
In the cities (e.g port harcourt) hiring a compressor is abt 30k a day but u aint guaranteed every day hiring.Its a rural area here so the price here is 10k a day for the owner and its a day to day hiring.
The machine isnt the type dat gives problems easily especially when its foreign used and not nigerian used.
We buy in lagos and bring down to Edo state in a pick-up van or dyna.

Here is the deal: I do supply of limestone bolders to lagos and want to do the compressor business also,which wld indirectly stop me from struggling to hire.I need either a partner to put money together buy one and split profit or someone that wld buy alone and i manage for.
Any interested person can come around to the sites,see things first-hand before agreements a reached.
You can contact me: strongedition@yahoo.com or call 07085769071

I hope this wld do and other people cld find opportunities here too like owning quarries,lands that contain solid minerals,911 and 1822 tippers for hauling within the premises,it dosnt require ur tipper or trucks traveling long distances and risking accidents and frustrating break-downs.
We can start something even more solid and long lasting depending on the interest.
We can achieve something together.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by dripstoil: 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
[size=14pt]First Let me answer your question. It's very very profitable, more profitable than you can imaging

Read The step by step what to do to get started and other things you need to know on WealthResult.com

http://www.wealthresult.com/2013/09/Cement-Business-Nigeria.html

Every information is free. Enjoy![/size]
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2014
Looking to go into this too, how profitable Izit pls
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by ultrazone(m): 6:42am On Dec 20, 2016
Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by iseeicome: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
Starting a Cement Business here in Nigeria is not that hard compared to what people are saying. To start as a Distributor – First, You need to start a company whose business is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. Get more information here: http://businessplan.com.ng/start-cement-business-nigeria-business-plan-feasibility-study/

1 Like

Re: How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? by mrniceguyuc5(m): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2021
visit https://www.businessplansamples.com.ng/cement-business-plan-in-nigeria/ for more on cement business plan in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Invest 500,000 Naira / Can A Person Have Two Bvn Numbers / Oxford Group Of Companies Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.