Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,976 members, 7,799,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Protecting My E-book From Pillaging - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Protecting My E-book From Pillaging (811 Views)

How Do You Buy A Book From Amazon To Nigeria / Copyrights And Patenting: A Guide To Protecting Your Ideas / Protecting Intellectual Property In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hello House,
How do l prevent the people that buy the e-book l'm writing from selling it? l have toiled so much on this book.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by presegsADESIDA(m): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Omerian Consult: Hello House,
How do l prevent the people that buy the e-book l'm writing from selling it? l have toiled so much on this book.

You can use some softwares that will prevent your ebook from being copied or printed as I normally do mine.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by wealthbutton: 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
Omerian Consult: Hello House,
grin grin grin The only thing you got to do it is "copyright reserved" Yes! If anyone tampers with it without your prior permission, O boy.....You don hammer be that! And how do you intend to sell it because I have Ebooks with master resell rights to sell but I don't know the right channel may be we can do collabo.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
presegsADESIDA:

You can use some softwares that will prevent your ebook from being copied or printed as I normally do mine.
Good! What are the software and how do l use them?
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by presegsADESIDA(m): 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
Omerian Consult:
Good! What are the software and how do l use them?

The software is a premium software.
Kindly PM me for me to give you where to get the software online cuz I'm mindful of the robot.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 12:29am On Jun 06, 2013
Selling d book is d bigger issue.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by biz1234: 1:09am On Jun 06, 2013
Lock the eBook by using a protective password lock. I do not the software you use, but open office dot org has a platform for locking your eBook.

Secondly, you can also spell it out in your license eBook that it should not be resold or given away by whatever means.

Thank you.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by biz1234: 1:14am On Jun 06, 2013
In response to the guy who said "selling the eBook is a serious issue" I disagree with you totally. Selling an eBook online is never an issue, provided you get the concept right. One of such is to find a profitable niche with lots of people in need, secondly, promoting your eBook where your target audience are.

There are lots of ways to make a killing selling eBooks online, but like I said before, you must understand the concept.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by emailguru: 1:48am On Jun 06, 2013
Use open office dot org. that is what I use for all my books.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by presegsADESIDA(m): 8:05am On Jun 06, 2013
emailguru: Use open office dot org. that is what I use for all my books.
Great software in here but it can't encrypt your ebook preventing it from being copied and printed.

Checkout my ebook(s),no one can copy let alone printing it except I give the person permitted version upon request.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
presegsADESIDA:
Checkout my ebook(s),no one can copy let alone printing it except I give the person permitted version upon request.
l sent you a PM! l would like to see one of your books.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
biz1234: In response to the guy who said "selling the eBook is a serious issue" I disagree with you totally. Selling an eBook online is never an issue, provided you get the concept right. secondly, promoting your eBook where your target audience are.
Biz l have been trying to reach you. Pls text me on 08132232989, 08188360168. l will call you.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
l visited open office dot org but l don't know which one of their software will work for E-books. Also, what exactly does the software do. Someone said that it can't prevent unauthorised copying and printing.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omerian Consult: l visited open office dot org but l don't know which one of their software will work for E-books. Also, what exactly does the software do. Someone said that it can't prevent unauthorised copying and printing.

Open office doesn't support using it for preventing unauthorised copying and printing but kindly send me a mail
via INFO @ LEGAL WEALTH CREATION . COM so that I can link you up with where I got mine working perfectly.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 7:42am On Jun 08, 2013
l mailed megawealth.., will re-route the mail.
What does open office dot org do?
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by presegsADESIDA(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
Omerian Consult: l mailed megawealth.., will re-route the mail.
What does open office dot org do?

Let me know once you've sent it please.Thanks
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
presegsADESIDA:

Let me know once you've sent it please.Thanks
l sent it more than 12 hours ago. Pls share the info here, the way open office dot com was done.
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 11:45am On Jun 10, 2013
Hello Preseg,

the post has been hidden and l can't get your mail. Pls text the link to me on 08132232989, 08188360168 or mail omerianconsult@gmail.com
God bless you
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hello Preseg,

the post has been hidden and l can't get your mail. Pls text the link to me on 08132232989, 08188360168 or mail omerianconsult@gmail.com
God bless you
Re: Protecting My E-book From Pillaging by OmerianConsult: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
l got your mail which includes your wonderful book, thanks. The software, however, goes for $10 oi l'm l getting it wrong?

(1) (Reply)

Quarry Stone Crusher Business / Make N75,000 To N80,000 Monthly Be A Marketer/distributor/retailer Of Pustefix / Can Anyone Verify If This Is Applicable In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.