Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? (8717 Views)

Father Mbaka Warns Judges Over Cultism / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / 4 Reasons Why Pastors' Children Are Usually Immoral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by fuzek: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2007
Q: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc?

A: because Salvation is a personal thing, my parents being saved doesnt guarantee my salvation ok, and wit more prayers from their parents, eventually they get saved and that testimony matters.

i have alot of examples; but it all comes to, ''so that the name of God may be glorified''
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by Emad(f): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2007
@topic

Because the pastors want to prove to you guys that Salvation is "doing what i say not what i do" cool
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by NeoBlack(m): 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2008
ask Pastor's On That
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by esha2808: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2008
I am a pastor's wife and my husband and I have been asked by our church Board of Trustees to step down from being pastors because my husband's nephew whose 29 years old and only been living with us just over a year had committed fornication with a young lady from church who is 11 years younger than himself. They are getting married in two weeks time after they had eloped for a few days. Our only son who is 30 years old is separated from his wife after 8 years of being together and during the separation, his girlfriend had given birth to my grandson Marcus about 3 months ago. We have been pastors for only 5 years in this church and its been quite an experience. My husband is taking it very hard because we don't teach our children to go out there and sin.We teach them the ways of God and if they don't listen, that's their choice. We don't force it on them, because they are not young anymore and to have some sort of relationship with them, we have to treat them like adults, and just like any other member of the church. My husband is very passionate about his responsibility as a pastor. My son's wife is with someone else and although my son had tried to reconcile their marriage, I don't think she is willing to try. I have sighted a lot of comments about the pastors children, the pastor's responsibilities in bringing up their kids in a godly manner, but at the end of all these, it all comes down to individual choices. We can't force it on them. They say that we put them under a lot of stress and we don't want to scare our children away. We are very sad about what had happened but glad that we still have our children and hope one day they will make the choice to follow God. God knows our heart and how much we want to use our lives for his glory, but I can't walk in my children's shoes and I'm sure they have any intention of walking in mind but people should be more sympathetic with us as pastors and parents. We are very sad about the final decision that the board has given us, we pray that God will help us deal with it and what it is exactly we are dealing with.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by Pepeye(f): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2008
The bible cannot lie it’s the manual for my life and the bible says train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old ,he will not depart from it !!! Proverbs 22-6 Shikena and the word of God will not return unto Him void, but must accomplish that purpose which it has been sent. I m a product of that word - The word works!!!
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by ayobase(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2008
the question, ''Why pastors children ofen
embrace cultism, prostitution,etc?''
is totally wrong,

the question is supposed to be
why do we talk about
pastor`s child involvement in
some dirty activities when we have
Emmanuel,Paul,Esther,John {other xtians}
involved but without a pastor as dad?

the fact is that it is very obvious when a pastor`s
child is involved.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by tpia1: 4:31am On Sep 15, 2014
GL: the parents also warn them to conform to the expectations of church members.

good luck with that.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by tpia1: 4:33am On Sep 15, 2014
agnesoseka: Hmmn, I believe every parent should train their children,irrespective of the positions in the society

that's all.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by tpiah01: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
. . . . . . . .
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by tpiah01: 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
tpia:
I dont know if people are aware of the overall negative effect of their words when they can only respond to inquiries by quoting bible verses that may or may not be relevant.

I have nothing aginst quoting the bible, but Jesus himself did not only use bible verses when teaching. He also used stories from nature and common sense, among other things.

And as someone pointed out, there is too much hate speech disguised as Christianity. Such speech is nothing more than the Christian version of terrorism. If you live by the sword you will also die by the sword- this is also in the bible. Trying to score brownie points and terrorize people by threatening them with fire and brimstone ( as if God is your personal messenger), accomplishes nothing.

A lot of non-Christians actually have a better understanding of Christianity than many so-called Christians. So if your only response to an inquirer about or a mocker of your religion is to threaten thunder, then check yourself. You may not be much better than the person you're preaching to. That's the irony of religion, and a trap for many.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by tpiah01: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
^^attention "wrath of god-ers".
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by atu100(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
i can't blame the pastor's everyone is resposibles for his or hers actions in life
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by tck2000(m): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2019
booked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)? / Daily Guide - Daily Bible Reading Devotional From Scripture Union Nigeria (SU) / Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.