Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? (1018 Views)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage / Help My Marriage Am Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? by Cosmass(f): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
Am I supposed to move in with him after the traditional marriage/wedding, or till after the white wedding?
Re: After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
I think u and ur hubby,ur people, his pple to an extent,ur church if u r a christian,don't know much about moslem has d best answer for u. Thanks and congrats on ur traditional marriage
Re: After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? by baby124: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
Just finish all the rites. Why rush? Or are the ceremonies that far apart.
Re: After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? by danjkad: 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
ℓ̊ think if he has paid Ūя bride price U̶̲̥̅̊ can move i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ wit him. D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̣̣̥'s D̶̲̥̅̊ most important tin. All odas ª̳͡Rε J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ ceremony.
Re: After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? by bellong: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2013
There is no where in the bible that says you must be married in the church. To me, the church wedding is only to give the pastor relevance and also to make the ceremony more flamboyant. As far as I am concerned and I know, marriage is consummated when the bride price is paid and the bride's father consent to giving out his daughter in marriage. The father of the bride represents the authority of God in marriage not the pastor.

However, you will have to wait patiently to complete the process in the church before you move in with him because, your church may frown at that and not perform the "ceremonial" ceremony.

I will advise you wait or you ditch the church ceremony and enjoy your marriage... Happy Married life sis

4 Likes

Re: After Traditional Marriage, Am I Allowed To Live With My Husband? by andyanders: 6:09am On Jun 05, 2013
You can move in with your husband since the traditional marriage has been done.White wedding is just a way as a christian to honour your woman.

The most important thing is for both parents to agree to accept both of you as husband and wife after the bride price has been paid.

(1) (Reply)

What Can A Graduate Do To Be Independent? / Husband Crashes Car And Rolls It FOUR TIMES As Wife Give Birth In The Car / The Best Childhood Memories That You Can Remember.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.