Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,571 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

booked - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / booked (2646 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / Let's Write A Book! / Recommend A Book For Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

booked by GoldCircle: 8:00pm On May 01, 2008
;d ;d
Re: booked by Nobody: 3:49am On May 02, 2008
Why does it piss you off? What if your girlfriend insist you read romance novels, mmhh?  undecided
Re: booked by GoldCircle: 7:42am On May 02, 2008
Do you consider this a useful contribution stillwater If you aint got something good to say, please back off!
Re: booked by iice(f): 1:35pm On May 02, 2008
Sorry but i agree with stillwater. Shouldn't people allowed their preferences now? undecided
Some books no matter how good do not appeal to all readers and forcing one to read them only adds stress and headaches.
Re: booked by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 02, 2008
GoldCircle:

Do you consider this a useful contribution stillwater If you aint got something good to say, please back off!

oops sorry, Mr Goldcircle!! cheesy grin
Re: booked by Radiant(f): 1:45pm On May 02, 2008
lol. . . I worry about people's sanity a lot. I mean, WTF? Go sleep jare.
Re: booked by HRhotness(f): 1:51pm On May 02, 2008
@ post

the fact that she likes romance novels doesn't necessarily mean it adds no value to her life
those books are for entertainment purposes and entertaining yourself some might argue, does add value to your life.
personally i don't read romances but i can't stand motivational books either, why the hell would  I need someone else to tell me how to live my life

Leave your girlfriend alone, its her taste and her choice,
quit trying to force your opinions on her
Re: booked by Chookym(m): 1:55pm On May 02, 2008
@iice is right. why forcing her to like what you like? let her be for she is just beeing a female. Most female like rontic books while the males like motivationl books. its normal. howevr u can get her an educative romatic book.  There are also motivational books filled with stories.

Try as u may but dont force her.Love her the way she is. try and like what she likes and lets see how it goes.
Re: booked by GoldCircle: 7:36pm On May 02, 2008
Thanks Chookym! good advice! one of the best I've actually had from nairaland in a long long while! guess I should stick to your advice and see how it goes.

Cheerio!
Re: booked by kay9(m): 9:36pm On May 02, 2008
@ poster: i don't much like romance myself, but that doesn't make them bad. One man's droppings could be another man's meat-ball, as they say. Anyway, I'm sure you can get all the romance you want (or rather, she wants) from any good book store - just go to the Mills n Boon or Silhoutte section (or just ask the seller for romance novels). Ciao
Re: booked by Chookym(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2008
@Goldcicle.
You are welcome. keep us posted on the outcome. Remember there aught to be compromise in a relationship for it to work, u loose some and win some. The way females sees things is not the way males sees the same thing. we are created different and that's what makes relationship to be fun.

One has to compromise somehow for love to keep flowing, it doesnt make us less a man rather it shows you are mature. its just the same way that men love football while most women like homevideos, and what do u think will happen if an important match and nice soap opera are been aired on TV at the same time. You guess is as good as mine. Both party should learn to compromise once in a while . The man most not always have his way. Its good for us men to respect women fealings too. God made them that way.

The truth is that this differences are what makes a relationship to be fun.
Re: booked by swing4real(m): 2:05am On May 27, 2008
Get the SECRET BY RHONDA BYRNE for her that might help
Re: booked by ireneph2112: 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
you can google search "best girly book of all time squidoo", i'm sure there are good suggestions from lens master of Squidoo.com. I've found many good stuffs there

(1) (Reply)

Today Makes It Two Years Since Achebe's Death. / King Of Sex(oral ,anal And Hard Fucking Involved 18++++ / Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.