Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. (14989 Views)

Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? / Car Dealers In Abuja / Used Car Dealers Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2008
Hello everyone,

Do you know that you can get great cars at Benin repulblic at a very cheap rate and clear it through Benin/Nigeria border?

These cars are 8years or less so they are dutable(Bring them in legally as allowed by Nigerian Government). No fears of customs seizure. Just buy your car by yourself at Retret in Benin Repulblic and we will handle the clearing for you. No stress and very cheap price.

For instance if you decide to buy a Toyota Camry 2001 model You are guaranteed to save thousands of naira if you decide to buy and clear it through Seme Border. both buying and duty fee are far less than 1.2m

Good luck.

But if you would like to buy directly from USA, we can also order and clear it for you through Benin or Lagos as required by you.

Click the link below to see various types of machines you can get both in Benin rep. or direct from United states.

http://www.diamondfield.net/American%20spec%20autos.htm

Toks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Udo01: 9:55pm On May 01, 2008
Just be careful. Most cars stolen in Lagos are taken across the border and sold in Benin Republic. Nigerian police has confirmed this.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for your response but i guess you are kind of ignorant of the whole process.

Retret in Benin Republic is not a road side car sales outlet. This is a government approved location where cars that are imported directly into Benin are sold. All cars that are sold there are well monitored by the approved agencies before they are allowed to go in.

I would urge you to pay a visit to this location and you will undestand what i am talking about.

By the way you cannot do duty for a stolen car that have been previously bought in Nigeria so my friend relax, take advantage of this option and save yourself thousands of naira.

Toks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by bigfather(m): 6:20pm On May 02, 2008
@toks
The site is somehow not user friendly o !
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 6:40pm On May 02, 2008
Thanks for your response,

I guess you need to adjust the screen resolution.

Just checked and i think its okay or maybe i don't understand what you meant by *not user friendly*

Toks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by bigfather(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2008
I tried navigating some sections and they don't bring up what i needed.
Eg. the nigeria user section.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 7:15pm On May 02, 2008
Thanks for your response Big father,

If i get what you are saying, i think you are expecting more on the auto sales in the Nigeria section tagged *Do you live in Nigeria*

If this is true then i must apologize for the mix up. We just recently introduced the auto section on our website but all other features on our sites focuss on e-commerce consultancy services. Nevertheless you can e-mail us or call us if you have any question regarding the auto section. You may decide to browse through the website and if anything else catches your fancy, you may subscribe to it.

Thanks.

Less i forget, some sent this response as regards the auto sales and he wrote

*What you didn't tell us is that cars are shamelessly vandalized in Benin morethan Lagos!
True you can save some money like you said but turn around and use it to replace the things they will steal from your car! Anytime, Anyday, I'll recommend Lagos instead of the Benin thing! Some of you agents will even try to chop your own money and custom own and end up driving the car through the bush! if one is unlucky una go flip the car over! lets not even talk of Naija police! they'll tell you that you smuggled the car into naija and all that crap*

Here is my response and i think it is important that i post it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Thanks for your response but you must understand some facts:

1. To start with, our firm does not bring in contra band cars(Cars above 11years) so please leave the issue of Bush passing,car flipping and customs evasion. If you want to bring in such cars then get in touch with the illetrate law breaking smugglers.
2. These cars that are 8years or less are never vandalised in any way because the dealers pay great attention to every accesories since they are top notch cars.
3. Once you have paid customs duty, even I.G.P(Mike Okiro) or  C.G(customs General. Buba Iyang cannot seize the vehicle or accuse you of smuggling the car in.
4. Lagos is a terrible place when it comes to vandalising and some of our clients now prefers to clear their vehicles through Benin republic. In lagos,you will see people vandalising your cars right in your presence and you cannot do anything about it, Even the police will not mind you. But Benenuas are very disciplined to indulge in such act. And mind you Vandalising of vehicle is more rampant where a car is packed for a long time before clearing.
So bro, if you are ready or if you know someone who is ready, just call us and we can take you down to buy yout car or just go down and buy it if you can and give us a call. You are guaranteed to get your car down to Nigeria faser than you can ever immagine.

Thanks.

Olatokunbo
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by danzaria: 1:43am On May 03, 2008
1. How much would it cost me to clear say a 2003 Toyota Avalon or a 2005 Acura MDX?
2. Are you a clearing agent?
3. Is it safe to ship roll-on roll-off to Benin Republic?
I might be interested in trying.
Thanks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by aseda(m): 6:49am On May 06, 2008
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Please reply the last mail.I'm interested.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by ajagx1: 12:09pm On May 06, 2008
I will call this an advertisement. grin grin grin grin grin.
Man go chop now
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by treasureli: 7:45pm On May 06, 2008
@ Olatokunbo

Can u give the total cost for 2000/ 2001 Honda CRV using your company,

i'd appreciate your prompt response, Thank you.

You can mail me @ rambo90 at yahoo.com
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 12:44am On May 07, 2008
Good day Folks,

We understand that many people are in the habit of talking down on people's ideologies and acumen and this is really disheartening. If you see a post on a forum, you either take it as a good source of information and if you must criticize it, do so constructively and not in a rather sacarstic manner.

If you click on the site i gave you from the onset, you will see that what we do primarily is to send cars on demand directly from USA and if you want us to clear it at the ports for you, we will do just that. Simple. I don't understand the phrase *man must shop advert* we have been in this business for long and i just thought that it will be nice to extend our service to Nairalanders.

Well concerning the cars you requested for, i will send the full details of how much it will cost to have them shipped in and how much it will cost you to clear them by tomorrow because these prices change.

Our method of selling cars remain the best because you get these cars in top form, and cheaper than waht you will ordinarily get elsewhere.

We usually send the VIN of the car to you so that you can check the history and if you are okay with it, we send it down, if not, we get you another one and as soon as we send it, we send you the bill of laden to do the clearing through us or through any agent of your choice.

Nevertheless, for the avoidance of doubt, you can give me a call and we will arrange a meeting where you will see the other cars we have brought in to be sure of our service.

Olatokunbo
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by mat2lock(m): 12:16pm On May 07, 2008
@toks

i called ur nmber, u didn't pick it up, anyway i would like to know the cost implication of geting a 2000/2001 honda accord (babyboy) from cotonu or the US both buying and clearing and how long it will take to get it. U can mail ur reply to bodynobodex@yahoo.com.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 12:14pm On May 08, 2008
Good day,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately i was not aware of your call cos i do pick my calls. Nevertheless concerning the car price you asked for, i will give you the details later today or tomorrow because these prices do change and we urge you to exercise patience in getting response from us but we do guarantee that you will always get unbeatable prices coupled with top form cars.

However, if you are not the patient type, we urge you to give Benin Rep. a try, you will get most of these cars there. Just pick your choicem,pay and move out your cars. Pay your duty through accredited agents at the border and drive your car home but the cheapest means of geting a dutable car is for it to be sent directly from Abroad.

To your question Mat2lock, i will send the price to your e-mail box but concerning the duration of shipping from U.S, it normally takes up to two to three weeks at worst a month  to get it counting from the day you make the payment. As i said earlier on, the bill of laden and other necessary documents are sent to you via courier as soon as the car is shipped.

Thanks

Olatokunbo
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by viperman: 1:11pm On May 08, 2008
What are your costs o! Answer the guys above, i would also like to know.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 1:47pm On May 08, 2008
Hello,

I am presently compiling the price list and i will post them as soon as i am done.

I found out that most tokunbo cars sold on nairaland are always very expensive in the range of 1.5 and above but let's not fool ourselves;cars are just neccesities and not luxuries so i believe you will be okay with the price list i will be presenting. Please be patient.

Toks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 7:41pm On May 08, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,

Concerning the price list, i have some already compiled and i would like you to use this as random sampling for other brands which means if you get same car that goes for 1.3m in my list for a highrt price else where, then automatically know that you can always get discount on several other brands from us.

However the advantages you get from us are listed below:

1. All our cars are full option(American specification) though you can choose what you want.

2. You get your car shipped directly from U.S.A and cleared within 3 weeks at most 4.
Tell us what you want, make a small deposit of N10,000 for the presale services.(This is included in your total payments and not an extra fee)
We search for the very best for you,send you the pictures and VIN of the vehicle and we also check the VIN for you (You confirm the status yourself). If you love it, make half payment(For us to be sure) and we instantly send all required documents to you as soon as it is shiped and simply wait for your car. If you don't like it,we simply get you another one.

These are the present prices you can get the following machines from us directly from U.S. Clearing fee included.

1. 2000 MODEL MERCEDES ML 430 ------------ N2.750M
2. 2004 MODEL HONDA ELEMENT----------------N2.650M
3. 2001 HONDA BABYBOY -----------------------N1.550M
4. 200/2002 VOLKSWAGEN BORA OR JETTA----N1.550M
5. 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY----------------------------N1.5M
6.2005/2006 NISSAN ALTIMA----------------------N1.950M
7.2000 NISSAN MAXIMA -----------------------------N1.3M
8.2000 MITSUBISHI GALANT------------------------N1.350M
9. 2002 P T CRUISER-------------------------------N1.650M

Please let me knoew if you are interested by calling 08023146046

N.B: If you will like to buy your car in Benin Rep. please feel free to call me and we shall schedule an appointment. You only need to hold as little as N5000 naira which is about 14,500CFR in Benin rep.

Just visit Retret and look out for any car pf your choice within 8years range and make a little deposit if you wish, then the next day you can simply go back and make the full payment and leave the rest to us. You are sure to get your car in Nigeria intact. You only need to make a bank transfer cos we don't encourage carrying cash but once we move in the morning, no problem but the choice is yours.

So if you really want to save good money while you enjoy great cars, i will recommend visiting Retret in Benin Rep.

Good Luck.

Mr Olatokunbo
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Fadar(m): 8:31pm On May 08, 2008
Do you bring in cars that are over the legal age limit?
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2008
Hi,

Well some people do it and they actually get it cleared but i think it is risky.

My guy you can settle for a good Nigerian used if you are on a low budget. Gimme a call.

Toks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by smirn(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2008
Hello Toks, i think all your lectures are well understood. It means that 1999 toyota camry cannot be cleared at seme because its not wetin the legal age. I was making an arrangement to go for it and hoping to clear it legally. Now that its not lawfully possible,what advice can you give or possible better alternative can you suggest. Really this is the car i needed. You can email me on this address: myteena4life@yahoo.com
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2008
Good day,

Thanks for your enquiry. I would suggest that you scout around for very good Nigerian used car but if you must buy a tokunbo above 8 years, you can visit Afolabi plaza at iyana iba bustop near Lagos state University ojo. Just ask for Genesis and tell him you are from Bode. You will surely get a good deal.

All the best.

Olatokunbo
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by liscnet(m): 8:10pm On May 10, 2008
Hi Tokunbo,

I actually live and work in Cotonou as a translator. I'm a Nigerian from Ogun State. Could you please assist me in getting a Used engine in perfect condition for my KIA Sorento EX Diesel Turbo ?

It's a 2003 car still in mint condition ( in my estimation 'cos I love taking extra good care of my cars) which I used till only 2006 before the engine got knocked. I have adapted a Tokunbo Mazda engine which I bought at Ladipo in Lagos which works ok but with less speed and capacity to pull this imposing beauty of a vehicle.

Can you help me? I've been to Kia Nigeria several times and they can't assist because they don't sell new engines.

Looking forward to your assistance .

Femi

NB : You can send me a mail : liscnet@yahoo.fr or call me on + 229 97 17 40 50 anytime . I'll also try and stay conected on Nairaland most of the time.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by liscnet(m): 8:30pm On May 10, 2008
----

Hi again Tokunbo,

I just called you from Cotonou now with + 229 93 15 33 28 . I'm still expecting your response to this mail below which I sent some minutes ago.

Thanks and take care

Femi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Tokunbo,

I actually live and work in Cotonou as a translator. I'm a Nigerian from Ogun State. Could you please assist me in getting a Used engine in perfect condition for my KIA Sorento EX Diesel Turbo ?

It's a 2003 car still in mint condition ( in my estimation 'because I love taking extra good care of my cars) which I used till only 2006 before the engine got knocked. I have adapted a Tokunbo Mazda engine which I bought at Ladipo in Lagos which works ok but with less speed and capacity to pull this imposing beauty of a vehicle.

Can you help me? I've been to Kia Nigeria several times and they can't assist because they don't sell new engines.

Looking forward to your assistance .

Femi

NB : You can send me a mail : liscnet@yahoo.fr or call me on + 229 97 17 40 50 anytime . I'll also try and stay conected on Nairaland most of the time.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Fadar(m): 8:49pm On May 10, 2008
I want to send my own car to naija and it's over the age limit, must be through cotonou,
i need help from anybody on what to do, as in clearing it in Benin and taking it into naija
through any how.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by smirn(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2008
thanks Toks. i will always get in touch.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 10:04pm On May 11, 2008
Hi Guys,

Hello mr Femi, sorryo when you called me and said i should check my message, i thought you meant my mobile phone,never knew you wre referring to this thread. Anyway we will see as discussed on phone.

And as per your message Fadar, i really feel you 100% concerning bringing in your car through Benin at all cost because cars are very cheap there compared to Nigeria especially the ones above age limit but unfortunately i won't be able to help you on this due to our policy.

Anyway, i have a little piece of Advice for intending car buyers.

1. Cars are necessities and not luxuries. Therefore buy an affordable car as long as it is presentable and in a very good shape. Forget very expensive cars and use your money for more productive things.

2. Never buy a car without finding out the maintainance cost.

3. VIN(Vehicle identification number) or no VIN, to know car history is not a guarantee that you will enjoy a particular car. Make a thorough examination.

4. If you ever decide to buy Nigerian used cars, please be careful because 9 out of every 10 Nigerian used cars have a hidden problem.

5. This might sound stupid but please if you have a choice to choose between auto and manual transmission,dive for the manual. Cheap to maintain.

6. If you must buy expensive cars, go for the Nigerian used ones that are not more than a year in Nigeria because in most cases the owners are probaly broke after spending so much to aquire it.

7. Until our Nigerian auto dealers soft pedal,stop waisting your Hard earned money buying cars of eight years or less from dealers in Nigeria due to their exploitative atitude. Order them directly from United Stes.

8. Alternatively go to Benin Rep. and buy your car, do your duty and drive your car home jeje, no fear of this or that. You can save thousands of naira and give to charity rather than dashing it out to our dealers here. Immagine what you can do with N100,000 savings on toyota camry 2001 model that is sold here at N1.4m or N1.5m while you will get same from Benin rep. at about N1.3m(duty fee included).

9. If you have your way, look for good car sales outlet in lagos where you can find cheap cars above 8 years and buy jeje and don't wait until you have millions to shower on the so called state of the art cars.

10. If you love variety, then never use a car for more than a year or at most two before selling it. Just add a little money to buy another one.

Thanks

Tokunbo
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Fadar(m): 10:43pm On May 11, 2008
Good idea! thanx.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by liscnet(m): 8:20pm On May 12, 2008
Hi Toks ,

I was indeed referring to this particular thread ! T'was a pleasure discussing with you on phone eventually. Thanks for your attention. Take care and see you at my end one of these days !
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 8:58am On May 13, 2008
Hello Everyone,

Please if you are interested in buying tokunbo cars between 400k to 500k, give me a call.

Toks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by osazeet(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2008
@ Toks2008,
i,m sorry i can,t call you cos i,m in the office i will want to know the list of vehicles you have for 400-500,000 naira renge.
Thank you.
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Toks2008(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2008
If you are interested please call me.

GOLF 3 , N500
GOLF WAGON 97MODEL------------------------N550
MITSUBISHI WAGON, N490
MAZDA 323 2000MODEL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,N900
suzuki 97model,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,N950
and many more

American specs KIA ALTIMA 2001 V6 Engine with mileage OF 48,000, N1,450,000

The most important step is to pay the sales outlet a visit so that you can see different types and make your choice. Sitting in an office and bargaining for price is not ideal.

Toks
Re: Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. by Tommry: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
Toks2008:

Hi Guys,

Hello mr Femi, sorryo when you called me and said i should check my message, i thought you meant my mobile phone,never knew you wre referring to this thread. Anyway we will see as discussed on phone.

And as per your message Fadar, i really feel you 100% concerning bringing in your car through Benin at all cost because cars are very cheap there compared to Nigeria especially the ones above age limit but unfortunately i won't be able to help you on this due to our policy.

Anyway, i have a little piece of Advice for intending car buyers.

1. Cars are necessities and not luxuries. Therefore buy an affordable car as long as it is presentable and in a very good shape. Forget very expensive cars and use your money for more productive things.

2. Never buy a car without finding out the maintainance cost.

3. VIN(Vehicle identification number) or no VIN, to know car history is not a guarantee that you will enjoy a particular car. Make a thorough examination.

4. If you ever decide to buy Nigerian used cars, please be careful because 9 out of every 10 Nigerian used cars have a hidden problem.

5. This might sound stupid but please if you have a choice to choose between auto and manual transmission,dive for the manual. Cheap to maintain.

6. If you must buy expensive cars, go for the Nigerian used ones that are not more than a year in Nigeria because in most cases the owners are probaly broke after spending so much to aquire it.

7. Until our Nigerian auto dealers soft pedal,stop waisting your Hard earned money buying cars of eight years or less from dealers in Nigeria due to their exploitative atitude. Order them directly from United Stes.

8. Alternatively go to Benin Rep. and buy your car, do your duty and drive your car home jeje, no fear of this or that. You can save thousands of naira and give to charity rather than dashing it out to our dealers here. Immagine what you can do with N100,000 savings on toyota camry 2001 model that is sold here at N1.4m or N1.5m while you will get same from Benin rep. at about N1.3m(duty fee included).

9. If you have your way, look for good car sales outlet in lagos where you can find cheap cars above 8 years and buy jeje and don't wait until you have millions to shower on the so called state of the art cars.

10. If you love variety, then never use a car for more than a year or at most two before selling it. Just add a little money to buy another one.

Thanks

Tokunbo

Due to your advice above, can you pls give me a guideline on any tokubo minivan or car that I can buy with 600,000 or should I go for something cheaper ?

You could post it here or email your reply to me at tomoriodemuyiwa@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the advice above.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nyrol's Customer Pre-order Immaculate And SWEET 2006 Toyota 4runner From Fhemmmy / Very Clean Nissan Altima 2006 With Navi V6 N870k / Toks- --- Dodge Dakota 2007 Model !!!!!!! First In Nairaland!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.