Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:27 PM

Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene (23088 Views)

Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. / 100+ Best Tweets - Game Of Thrones - Red Wedding! / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by 190: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
drealnamdy: Mtseeeew.....bunch of jobless murrafackers.....get a life u pple
grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Olamilec(m): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
jackbauersballs:
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/episodes/
Please can I download documentaries in the site or where can I download documentaries like the ones aired in Discovery Channels?
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by DonTim1: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
well, wouldnt say i didnt see it commin,rob broke his vow (not worthy of a king). i also think em...wats dia name agn oooo (the ned stark creepled boy n the tom boy) would play even more significant roles
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by bigrovar(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
ogugua88:

Really? I always hated the way Lady Stark promised Robb to one of Frey's daughters. It was such a contrast to Sansa's begging Eddard to let her marry Joffrey and have his blonde babies and Eddard's refusal to both Sansa and Robert Baratheon.

Robb was a fool, he is not worthy of being a lord talkless of a king.. he is selfish & immature... Catalyn Stark for all her fault give him good counsel but he was carried away by youth and felt too big to listen to his mother. He give his word and was duty bound to marry the Frey girl. The whole war, the north and the river land was reliant on that marriage. The Frey would guarantee him over 5000 men including mounted knights instead he throw all that away because of a woman. His father was a different Man. Ned Married Catalyn out of duty not out of love. He married her to keep the river land in support of the Robert rebellion.. He had to spun the love of lady Ashara whom he fell in love with in the tourney in Harrenhal as much as he was in love with her.. I never comprised his stand but went home to catalyn whom he was duty bound to marry.

Instead Rob lost Winterfel (for his strategic blunder of trusting the Iron Islanders.. as in seriously who in their right mind does that? Iron Island understand only one language.. War and Violence)

He lost his most loyal bannermen the Karstarks (who are the strongest allies of starks for 1000s of years) by not being sensitive to the mood of Karstarks catalyn's freeing of Kingslayer.

He lost the chance to finish off the mountain by not communicating clearly his strategy to his men

and he lost the frey and brought dishonor to his house by breaking his vow to marry a woman (whose family are bannermen to the Lannisters at least in the book)

Robb was reckless and showed no understanding of geopolitics in westeros, he was arrogant to the point of even chaining his wolf who tried warning him many times. I hate to say this but Rob had it coming.

Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2013
The movie should be renamed 'the tragedy of the starks'

So sad

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by onegig(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
bigrovar:

Robb was a fool, he is not worthy of being a lord talkless of a king.. he is selfish & immature... Catalyn Stark for all her fault give him good counsel but he was carried away by youth and felt too big to listen to his mother. He give his word and was duty bound to marry the Frey girl. The whole war, the north and the river land was reliant on that marriage. The Frey would guarantee him over 5000 men including mounted knights instead he throw all that away because of a woman. His father was a different Man. Ned Married Catalyn out of duty not out of love. He married her to keep the river land in support of the Robert rebellion.. He had to spun the love of lady Ashara whom he fell in love with in the tourney in Harrenhal as much as he was in love with her.. I never comprised his stand but went home to catalyn whom he was duty bound to marry.

Instead Rob lost Winterfel (for his strategic blunder of trusting the Iron Islanders.. as in seriously who in their right mind does that? Iron Island understand only one language.. War and Violence)

He lost his most loyal bannermen the Karstarks (who are the strongest allies of starks for 1000s of years) by not being sensitive to the mood of Karstarks catalyn's freeing of Kingslayer.

He lost the chance to finish off the mountain by not communicating clearly his strategy to his men

and he lost the frey and brought dishonor to his house by breaking his vow to marry a woman (whose family are bannermen to the Lannisters at least in the book)

Robb was reckless and showed no understanding of geopolitics in westeros, he was arrogant to the point of even chaining his wolf who tried warning him many times. I hate to say this but Rob had it coming.

Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

You are very wrong sire, Robb was like his father a man of honor.

Yes he was duty bound to marry one of the Frey's but he fell for the other girl whom he had relations with. He was torn between two honors. Should he dump a girl he pledged his life to or should he follow an allegiance he made.

But i guess he choose the wrong one. It was his honor that killed him not the other way round.

At least he made a recompense to the Frey's since Edmure is marrying one of the Freys. But I guess most times in the GOT nothing really plays out to logic.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Bebetter: 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
[size=13pt]i and my friends were discussing a few days back that the starks seem to be a cursed family. after their dad was killed they all scattered in different directions, Rob & the mother, salsa in kings landing, arya lost in the wild, the two little boys left behind to fate, jon snow with wildlings, only for me to watch the episode 9. choi! see massacre! anyways, what its going to be is the dragon lady against the Lannisters... the era of the starks don wipe. [/size]
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by MiloRambaldi(m): 1:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
bigrovar:

Robb followed his heart, but should probably have been more careful - not watched the episode yet, though. Ned Stark, for all his honor, lost his head so no difference in the outcome. Loved both their characters, though.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Chidiphilip(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
What episode is that?? In makurdi,benue state,...only episode 3 is out and i am not sure it is complete!
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by freecocoa(f): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
Na wa o,I'm still on S1E4 so make una take am easy.

Btw the film no too sweet sef.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by AlyricistLaura: 2:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
The Dialog in this thread is amazing if i must say......

I am Definitely Watching Every Episode of This Series.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by marvelling(m): 2:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
Am surprised no one here mentioned Stanis Baratheon. Stanis will bounce back from his defeat at black water and claim the iron throne for himself!
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Bolernlay(m): 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
cooltony09: Mehn..i've seen d next episode..rob was actually dreaming..it was all a dream grin wink..
Buh ceriously,who else wil remain 4 dat film..the lannisters..guess it's time to introduce the kardashians 2 make it more interesting grin
lol....the kardashians would make it horrible
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
--
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by firesail: 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
I still haven't gotten over this episode. Can't believe the Starks were annihilated just like that. And Lord Frey, the deceitful bugger smiled all the way thru. Hope the Lannisters and the Freys get done in by Dany.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by uwa007: 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
lmao i would really love to see the kardashians in the next episode [/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]grin grin
cooltony09: Mehn..i've seen d next episode..rob was actually dreaming..it was all a dream grin wink..
Buh ceriously,who else wil remain 4 dat film..the lannisters..guess it's time to introduce the kardashians 2 make it more interesting grin
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by dapsonlou(m): 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
I feel cheated, I waited 2 season for the starks to get their revenge, now this. the writers the idiots, who are we suppose to follow now? the boyish looking daughter of boring ass John snow... I'm just upset. killing your main character man no sense.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by dapsonlou(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ok since i don't want to watch the show anymore, what happen to the rest of the starks and the dragon mother tygarain girl?
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by MARSHALLMVP: 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
just last night i watched episode 9 season 3 where both robb ans lady stark were gruesomely murderd, i have to say i never saw it coming... i used to think maybe one of the starks would take the iron throne but now i see its impossible. I think Khaleesi would succeed, she's got the true grit to outwit both the Lannisters, the Baratheons or even the Tyrells.
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
MARSHALL MVP: just last night i watched episode 9 season 3 where both robb ans lady stark were gruesomely murderd, i have to say i never saw it coming... i used to think maybe one of the starks would take the iron throne but now i see its impossible. I think Khaleesi would succeed, she's got the true grit to outwit both the Lannisters, the Baratheons or even the Tyrells.

Are tyrells evil? Cunning maybe, but not evil, being evil is the exclusive right of the lannisters (minus the imp)
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by lymelyte(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
I have watched too many movies which the main or my favorite character died...so what is the big deal here if son n mother died?
Know 1 thing pple,these are the kind of reaction the writers,producers wants from the viewers.. I am sure № one saw this coming.this is call SUSPENSE. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene by ITbomb(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
In less than a week , I have witness the death of my favorite characters in different series.
First in Da Vinci's Demon that Medici's biatch kill Medici's brother who was a lovely rascal
Second in the Walking death, the old man who double as a father figure and the mechanic was kill senselessly by the walkers
Then Game of Throne . . .
Was it planned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Don Jazzy Lists 5 Favourite Housemates To Win N100M Grand Prize / Omoni Oboli Cancels Premiere Of Okafor's Law Over Court Injunction For Stealing / #bbnaija: Cee-c's Sister Apologizes To Payporte On Her Behalf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.