Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,075 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:28 AM

I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating (2008 Views)

I’ve Never Had Orgasm With Any Man, Always Faked It / I’ve Dated 12 Men, And Had Seven Abortions / Things A Guy Must Learn Before Graduating From University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by salamudeen(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2013
The 11th convocation of the Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Ogun State recorded a mixed grill of emotions,SEGUN OLUGBILE reports

Last Sunday’s convocation of Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Ogun State, was a potpourri of emotions. For some, it was expectedly exciting. Shouts of joy, mixed with backslapping and hugging, were not in short supply.

But while most of the graduating students had cause to rejoice and shed tears of joy, two of the graduating students and their family members, who managed to grace the occasion, were grief-stricken. But, first, they story of joy.

At the carnival-like 11th convocation, 1,359 students were awarded first degrees. Twenty got postgraduate diplomas, 71 obtained Master’s degrees in various disciplines while another set of 41 got PhD degrees in various disciplines.

The cynosure of all eyes were, however, a 20-year-old lady, Omobola Oduyoye, who emerged the best graduating student after scoring a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.92, and Nuhu Benjamin, who won the President’s Award for securing the overall best performances in leadership, academics, community and spiritual services.

Oduyoye, an indigene of Ilisan-Remo, Ikenne Local Government Area of the state, was awarded a first class degree in Public Health, while Nuhu also got a first degree in Christian Religious Studies.

Speaking with our correspondent after she received the Senior Vice-President’s Prize as the graduate with the highest overall CGPA, Oduyoye said commitment, discipline, hard work and focus – combined with what she called God’s grace – fetched her the award.

“Motivation from my parents, lecturers and course mates also helped me. Healthy competition from my course mates such as Akomolafe Damilola, who also obtained a CGPA of 4.60 , also enhanced my performance.

“I have a lot of respect for her because she is a mature married woman and a nurse. In spite of her age, she related well with us and she was very focused. Each time I looked at her, I felt like I should ask government to stop admitting fresh secondary school leavers straight into the university. They should be asked to do the A/Level or ordinary diploma programme before they enrol at the university,” she said.

Oduyoye, who aspires to become the nation’s health minister some day, noted that she would change the face of the nation’s health sector, particularly child and maternal health if given the chance.

“I’m from this town. I only lived the first six years of my life in Ghana and since then I’ve been here and I see a lot of challenges poor women and children go through daily. I want to make health delivery accessible, affordable and extremely cheap for our children and women. I will fight corruption in the health sector and ensure that our children and their mother don’t die again from preventable diseases,” she added.

This desire could explain why each time she and her colleagues had to embark on a field work, Oduyoye always ensured that children and young mothers were her target.

“Though I don’t have money to give them, I always organise seminar and workshop to train them on hygiene, oral health and how to handle preventable diseases. We at times give them off-the-counter drugs. But if God permits and I become the health minister, I’ll work hard to ensure better health service delivery for Nigerians,” she noted.

On how she handled pressure from male students and lecturers, Oduyoye, who had her primary and secondary school education at Babcock Primary School and Babcock University High School, stated that though she had so many male friends, she avoided getting intimate with them.

“I have a number of friends – including male students but I always draw a line between friendship for academic advancement and immoral relationship. I’m not abusive; neither am I a snub. But I don’t encourage any relationship that will distract me from my studies. I don’t encourage any action that can suggest to you that I’m a cheap commodity. I also ensure that I don’t go alone anywhere or follow anybody to dark corners even if she is a girl like me.

“It may sound funny to you, I have never kîssed anyone in my life and I have not been kîssed by anybody. I thank God for the grace He gives me to achieve this because I know that some people will say it is not easy but with God all things are possible,” the 20-year-old fresh graduate added.

Oduyoye advised young girls to abstain from séx, face their studies and respect people and honour God. But the lady, whose father is a lecturer in the Business Administration Department at Babcock, has a word for the management of the institution.

She stated, “They should relax the rules. Specifically, I don’t see any reason why a female student should not keep long hairs. Do you know it is so bad that security men on campus can stop a student and cut off her hair? This is not good. After all, undergraduates are no longer in the secondary school.”

Oduyoye however urged the university to sustain its dress code, though she wants students to be forced into engaging in physical activities. This, she said, is based on the result of a research she did in her final year.

“I did a project on the effect of physical inactivity among Babcock University students and my findings revealed that many of us were not physically active and this has implication for our academics, health and general wellbeing. The university should therefore invest more in sports and possibly compel everybody to participate in sports.

“They should also reduce the sale of fatty foods such as hamburger, doughnut, eggroll and meat-pie on campus. The scriptural and inspirational write ups on billboards in open spaces on campus are good but they should add educational health tips too,” she noted.

The former Governor of Cross River State, Mr. Donald Duke, was honoured with the honoraris causa of the institution for his distinguished public service works. He gave a lecture where he advised African leaders to work for the development of their people.

He also challenged the graduating students never to emulate corrupt leaders but to be passionate and committed to their vision.

Earlier, Makinde had told the gathering, including the Chancellor, BU, Pastor Gilbert Wari; the institution’s Pro-Chancellor, Dr. Oyeleke Owolabi; representative of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi; and vice-chancellors of some Nigerian universities, that as is the tradition with the citadel, none of the graduating students had Third Class degree.

It was learnt that students whose CGPA was within the third class degree were given automatic extra year. According to Makinde, the institution is committed to its mission to produce graduates that have competence, character and commitment.

He told the gathering that all the programmes on offer in the institution had been accredited by the NUC. He also commended philanthropists, including Chief Kessignton Adebutu, Dr. Alex Otti and Alhaji Aliko Dangote, for their contributions towards the development of the university.

… as another graduating student loses 8 family members

Margaret Okwuikpo, who graduated with a second class upper degree in Nursing, was one of the two that could not help shedding bitter tears at the Babcock’s graduation. The lady had lost eight family members in a road crash on Friday, two days to her graduation.

It was learnt that 11 people, including Okwuikpo’s parents, brothers and sisters and her sister-in-law, had an accident shortly after they left Port-Harcourt for the convocation in Ilisan-Remo.

“Eight of the occupants of the vehicle, including Okwuikpo’s parents, her brother and his wife and their eight-month-old baby, died on the spot,” a source close to the family told our correspondent.

A man, who claimed to be Okwuikpo’s relations, said he could not talk to the press. The lady herself was not stable when our correspondent attempted to speak to her.

The correspondent’s telephone call to the university source, with a view to speaking with Okwuikpo, yielded no fruit, as she was said to have left for Port Harcourt on Monday morning.

However, another graduating student, simply identified as Tochi, also lost her father in the same accident.

Another university source, who claimed that Tochi’s brother works at Babcock, said he (the brother) was also too devastated to speak on the issue.

In the course of the ceremony, before it was the turn of the graduating students of her department to mount the rostrum to shake hands with the institution’s principal officers, led by the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Kayode Makinde, Okwuikpo had controlled her emotions. But she soon started crying and collapsed on the podium as soon as she walked towards Makinde, Her friend and course mate, Rabiu Sakirat, who was right beside her, could only help in wiping off her tears.

Those who did not know what the matter was were confused.

“Why is she weeping?” a woman beside our correspondent asked rhetorically.

“Perhaps, she remembered her relation who might have been part of those who died in the ill-fated Dana crash a year ago,” another man, who had come to celebrate with her niece, said.

But silence fell upon the hitherto cheerful crowd when it was learnt that the grieving lady had lost her parents two days to her convocation. The institution’s Sports Complex, venue of the convocation, suddenly became a temporary hall of mourning. Parents, students and well wishers shared in the lady’s low moment, with some putting their hands on their heads while others just sighed.

Like a pastor, Makinde rose to the occasion, held Okuikpo’s hands and consoled her. Tochi and her mother were also called to the rostrum where they were prayed for. But efforts to speak with the mourning families were unsuccessful as a man who identified himself as Okuikpo’s relation said they were not in the mood to speak to the press about the sad incident.

Punch

Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 04, 2013
dis na money-making-morning, too early to read the long post... saw the topic and have two things on my mind....
either someone is gay, or has irritating mouth scent wink
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Rapmaestro(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2013
Her lips says otherwise
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by salamudeen(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
she is even kinda of ugly why wont guys run away from her grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by AtheistD(m): 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
991: dis na money-making-morning, too early to read the long post... saw the topic and have two things on my mind....
either someone is gay, or has irritating mouth scent wink

She looks like a dude shocked
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by 190: 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
She looks like one a-s-h-a-w-o i saw 2weeks ago shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Florena(f): 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hw can dey kiss u wen u re dis ugly?
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by sexymoma(f): 1:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
Atheist:-D:

She looks like a dude shocked
Ah Ah Ashiest where have you bin na, it bin a while,@190 Remember to send ma Cake o....
Ehn ehn back to the matter e be like say the gurl get weak-Low for mouth, or probably didn't see guys to ask her out.
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by sureway1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hmmm we are nigerian and most pple will always be jealous perhap cos they don't have/lose wat d girl have..so they'll criticize and pretend, it can never happen..wake up, we still av decent pple/family in Nigeria.
everybody can not just be like you..
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Davico(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
Florena: Hw can dey kiss u wen u re dis ugly?
U are not better than her in beauty judging by ur pix. I think its decency and good morals, Some people are principled and disciplined
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by 190: 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
sexymoma: Ah Ah Ashiest where have you bin na, it bin a while,@190 Remember to send ma Cake o....
Ehn ehn back to the matter e be like say the gurl get weak-Low for mouth, or probably didn't see guys to ask her out.

grin grin grin grin

i smell girls beefing grin grin
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by AtheistD(m): 2:12pm On Jun 04, 2013
190: She looks like one a-s-h-a-w-o i saw 2weeks ago shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

God help you!!! shocked

Knacking manly ashawos. I wouldnt even be paid to hit that cry cry cry

sexymoma: Ah Ah Ashiest where have you bin na, it bin a while.

This is some scary s@@@. If she carried a manly haircut with no make up, she would look like a real tough dude. The type that can fight and throw some solid punches. Man that is some rough stuff embarassed. And someone will still marry that and hit it hard and impregnate it too shocked
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by sexymoma(f): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
190:

grin grin grin grin

i smell girls beefing grin grin
who dey Beef, She gat the best student i gat the best kisser, Case Closed. she s at risk, let her come nd let me teach her how to ki55... grin
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by sexymoma(f): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2013

God help you!!! shocked

Knacking manly ashawos. I wouldnt even be paid to hit that cry cry cry

This is some scary s@@@. If she carried a manly haircut with no make up, she would look like a real tough dude. The type that can fight and throw some solid punches. Man that is some rough stuff embarassed. And someone will still marry that and hit it hard and impregnate it too shocked
ah ah she hasn't kissed before does not mean she doesn't have a boyfriend or it doesn't mean dem no dey shine im congo for underground. grin
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by AtheistD(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
sexymoma: w. she s at risk, let her come nd let me teach her how to ki55... grin

That would be so gross except she looks like a man so it could work out tongue

sexymoma: ah ah she hasn't kissed before does not mean she doesn't have a boyfriend or it doesn't mean dem no dey shine im congo for underground. grin

Who would shine that congo
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
salamudeen: she is even kinda of ugly why wont guys run away from her grin grin grin grin grin
Jealousy go kill you. The babe fine wit sweet lips... how i wish i know her, i'd have done justice to her lips and move my joystick into her permanent site
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by sexymoma(f): 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2013

That would be so gross except she looks like a man so it could work out tongue

Who would shine that congo
Na u dey select na, Shey Joystick dey select... Pencil no dey select d kyn sharpener wey go sharpen am na. wink
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
sexymoma: ah ah she hasn't kissed before does not mean she doesn't have a boyfriend or it doesn't mean dem no dey shine im congo for underground. grin
na dull guys full babcock uni. no blame her. if and only if person like me de eh, the story for change
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
sexymoma: Na u dey select na, Shey Joystick dey select... Pencil no dey select d kyn sharpener wey go sharpen am na. wink
Thank you. my joystick na all-weather and my lips no get requirement. every every i de
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
Davico:
U are not better than her in beauty judging by ur pix. Some people are principled and disciplined
no mind jealousy people...
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by AtheistD(m): 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
sexymoma: Na u dey select na, Shey Joystick dey select... Pencil no dey select d kyn sharpener wey go sharpen am na. wink

Speeched... if a dude has to constantly check his sexuality out anytime he has a bonk then he needs to assess what sharpener he is dipping his pencil into grin
barcanista: Thank you. my joystick na all-weather and my lips no get requirement. every every i de

Oh no you didnt..... shocked

So you would hit anything tongue
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
Florena: Hw can dey kiss u wen u re dis ugly?
Na lie the babe na brain, she come fine wit lovely kisseable lips. beside why you de beef her? you be guy ni?
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by sexymoma(f): 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
barcanista: Thank you. my joystick na all-weather and my lips no get requirement. every every i de
So your joystick is one of those Joystick wey no get class, anything hole mek i enta. grin You this man shey u go mari as am seeing you. cheesy
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by sexymoma(f): 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2013

Speeched... if a dude has to constantly check his sexuality out anytime he has a bonk then he needs to assess what sharpener he is dipping his pencil into grin My dear That your own policy didn't you see oga Barcanista ni cheesy

Oh no you didnt..... shocked

So you would hit anything tongue
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
sexymoma: So your joystick is one of those Joystick wey no get class, anything hole mek i enta. grin You this man shey u go mari as am seeing you. cheesy
My dear i'll definitely marry someday, butt before my wife go take full control of my joystick, make i use am flex other punnies and enjoy singlehood abi na bachelorhood. you know say e de come once in a life time na
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by AtheistD(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
sexymoma: My dear That your own policy didn't you see oga Barcanista ni cheesy

I got that smiley

He is a blessing to all women.
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2013

I got that smiley

He is a blessing to all women.
more grease to your elbow
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by dridowu: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Dn what, how does kissing of man relate to briliance and intelligent. Anyway is matter of choice
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Florena(f): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
Davico:
U are not better than her in beauty judging by ur pix. I think its decency and good morals, Some people are principled and disciplined
WHAT!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by AtheistD(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
barcanista: more grease to your elbow

So do you just hit that or do you walk around and wifey that too in public? Kisses, hugs, dinner in public and all sorts? Romantic nights out etc?
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Florena(f): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
barcanista: Na lie the babe na brain, she come fine wit lovely kisseable lips. beside why you de beef her? you be guy ni?
beef her? na na na, all dis things re private issues, they re nt suppose 2 be made public..... anyways dats her business
Re: I’ve Never Kîssed A Man In My Life – Babcock’s Best Graduating by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2013

So do you just hit that or do you walk around and wifey that too in public? Kisses, hugs, dinner in public and all sorts? Romantic nights out etc?
this kind english de hard me o. bros abeg you fit re-write am in local parlance ie PIDGIN? i no really understand d thin way you mean. no vex

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bitter Truith For All Ladies !!!!!!!! A Must Read / Emotionally Displaced / Sex On First Date: Good Or Bad Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.