Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips (7914 Views)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 1:14am On May 02, 2008
just so we dont thrash the other thread,i thought i should post another one for us to share our experiences and mostly experiences with our bukas,mama-puts shitta,pwd,tarmac e.tc pls all connoisseurs share.

lets talk about funny incidents we have experienced on our trips to nigeria,the eateries,bukas,the paraga joints,chinese restaurants and our general experiences going to nigeria, ill shar two stories that happened to me and my sister
i almost missed my flight because i thought my flight was for the next day,i was on the phone with a friend till the late housr and checked my ticked by chance and barely made it to the airport like 45 mins to checkn close, while i was rushing i didnt have time to freshen up and had a diry jeans and a grubby tee shirt on and a pair of flip flops, when i got to lagos, the immigration or whatever guys(not sure cause there are so many uniforms) was going to ask me for some money and the other one told him in yoruba that im a deportee and he should check out my dressing,so the guy asked me in english if i had any money and i brought out sum euro coins,he just gave me back and shook his head n told me to just go lol

this happened to my elder sister,she was in a hold up in lagos and a masquerade came begging for money,being born again and cause she dislikes anything of the sort,she wound up the glass while the hold up started moving almost at the same time,what we didnt know was that the lgass had caught one of the folds of cloth the masquerade had on and so he/she had to run after the car while grunting with the effort of running with the car,it was after sum minutes that i told her to wind down which she did and the masquerade just almost collapsed while cursing her out and fuming under the costume,it was soo funny and she s not lived it down ever since,

for the mama put,and buka connoisseur like me pls all tips are welcome

1 Like

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 1:52am On May 02, 2008
My guy got me this pounded yam, efo and this long fish with snail to eat for lunch, but I didn't want to eat with my nails becos I just got done and didn't want to mess my French nails up, lol . So I decided to use the fork but damn the food was not going well with like I wanted it to be. he stood up to use the restroom not knowing he was looking to see if I was going to use my hands or continue with the fork lol.
As soon as I watched him leave, I dropped that fork down very fast and started using my hands, out of no where he came out while the pounded yam was on the tip of my fingers and the efo was right on top. Lmfao I couldn’t even stop laughing becos I got caught red handed cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Will be back later for the strip club story

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 2:05am On May 02, 2008
I ate a meatpie and had immediate uncontrollable diarrhea .
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by HRhotness(f): 2:12am On May 02, 2008
As with all of my trips to Nigeria, the tradition is having Ewa Agoyin and Agege bread for breakfast. On one trip, i woke early ready for breakfast and the cook told me the woman who used to sell it nearby had moved or sumthin,,, so determined to have my breakfast i pulled on a pair of jeans and jumped into the car armed with my storage bowl and N200 and directions to the nearest joint.

I live just by the entrance to lekki beach so i'm infact closer to ajah than obalende,,, so i went to ajah in search of my illusive meal. at each stop i was told either they had just run out of ewa agoyin or the person wasnt selling that morning. i was running out of time so i decided to head for obalende, i surely can't go wrong,,, despite visiting nigeria at least twice every yr i hadnt actually been to obalende for about 7yrs or so. To begin with i got lost driving around in circles trying to get my bearing and then like the light at the end of a tunnel i found a road side buka that had the wonderful beans and bread. i bought enough to feed an army headed back into my car and in my hurry to get home and without realising it, drove into a one-way street and through a LASMA check point,,, i don't need to explain what happened next but thank God for british accent,,,, I didnt have my license or any form of identification, no phone and no money. they "detained" me there until someone came to "bail" me (their words exactly).

I had to call my brother on credit from those road side call centres and when he arrived i was happily eating my ewa and bread and gisting with the mechanic that shared a stand with the phone people  embarassed grin that was one of thebest days of my life
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by ikamefa(f): 2:38am On May 02, 2008
mine was gala and pure water oh when i was still in 9 j a

i had acute diarrhea ! " grin "
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 4:54am On May 02, 2008
another heavy one was in 2003,i didnt want to go out that evening and everybody at home assumed that i was at home untill some of my friends came that sum gurls are waiting for us snd we should go after like 30 mins i sucumbed and we started on our way,when we got to ikordu road under the bridge i think the place is called obanikoro, some policemen stopped us for the particulars, i just opened the glove compartment and gave them the papers there,when they checked it wasnt the car particulars just sum receipts,they asked me where the particulars were but i explained that the car was just purchased like a month b4 i arrived,but the man kept sayn "you this small boy driving this big car u be armed robber", thats how they told us to get down and we must be armed robbers, they cocked thier guns and i started begging them they sha took us to one police station alakara in mushin and parked the car inside while all these drama was going on it was getting to like to 12 and i was getting scared cause of the news we hear of policemen and their funny ways,when we got to the police station i wanted to call my dad and the man snatched the phone from me and seized all our phones.

after a while they brought another guy in and after taking the guy straight to the cell we started hearing slaps and the guy shouting,the man told me that ill be going inside very soon thats when i begged him to let me call my dad and after he allowed me i called my dad that the police said his car is stolen and im behind the counter,he asked me what police station it was and like 20 mins later the dpo came and called my name after which he asked me and i told him what happened,so he told the guys to release all of us and while all that was going on another asp or smthn came that he was radioed by the commissioner of police to check in and make sure we were ok and bla bla thats how we escaped but im ashamed to say i got one slap on our way to the station lol it was later that i realised that the car particulars was in the booth and the yeye driver did it on purpose because i wanted to drive myself and my GOD punished him back because he too got some slaps before i left lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 4:56am On May 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

As with all of my trips to Nigeria, the tradition is having Ewa Agoyin and Agege bread for breakfast. On one trip, i woke early ready for breakfast and the cook told me the woman who used to sell it nearby had moved or sumthin,,, so determined to have my breakfast i pulled on a pair of jeans and jumped into the car armed with my storage bowl and N200 and directions to the nearest joint.

I live just by the entrance to lekki beach so i'm infact closer to ajah than obalende,,, so i went to ajah in search of my illusive meal. at each stop i was told either they had just run out of ewa agoyin or the person wasnt selling that morning. i was running out of time so i decided to head for obalende, i surely can't go wrong,,, despite visiting nigeria at least twice every yr i hadnt actually been to obalende for about 7yrs or so. To begin with i got lost driving around in circles trying to get my bearing and then like the light at the end of a tunnel i found a road side buka that had the wonderful beans and bread. i bought enough to feed an army headed back into my car and in my hurry to get home and without realising it, drove into a one-way street and through a LASMA check point,,, i don't need to explain what happened next but thank God for british accent,,,, I didnt have my license or any form of identification, no phone and no money. they "detained" me there until someone came to "bail" me (their words exactly).

I had to call my brother on credit from those road side call centres and when he arrived i was happily eating my ewa and bread and gisting with the mechanic that shared a stand with the phone people embarassed grin that was one of thebest days of my life

at that point of being detained bet u were thinking, all this for ewa goyin lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 4:56am On May 02, 2008

I had this moi moi with rice, gosh I had running stomach and was farting all night, the fart was uncontrollable and it smelled funky embarassed embarassed embarassed.

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 5:01am On May 02, 2008
@HR.hotness

Lucky girl you had Ewa Agoyin with Agege bread, I dey jealous you oh. That is one thing I didn’t have the chance to eat angry, the beans sellers doesn’t go around where I stayed

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by HRhotness(f): 3:44pm On May 02, 2008
tRoOE:

@HR.hotness

Lucky girl you had Ewa Agoyin with Agege bread, I dey jealous you oh. That is one thing I didn’t have the chance to eat angry, the beans sellers doesn’t go around where I stayed

LOl, why do u think i got into so much trouble
as far as i'm in nig, nothin can stop me, lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 5:36pm On May 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

LOl, why do u think i got into so much trouble
as far as i'm in Nigeria, nothin can stop me, lol
LOL I posted your story to my cousin on AOL, she was laughing all crazy, saying na wa oooooooooo all because of ewa. Omo this dec i don't care what anyone says I most eat that Agoyin with the fried yam or dodo,

You have courage oh, driving to obalende shocked shocked, weren't you scared ni
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by HRhotness(f): 8:51pm On May 02, 2008
tRoOE:

LOL I posted your story to my cousin on AOL, she was laughing all crazy, saying na wa oooooooooo all because of ewa. Omo this dec i don't care what anyone says I most eat that Agoyin with the fried yam or dodo,

You have courage oh, driving to obalende shocked shocked, weren't you scared ni

the things i do for ewa agoyin, embarassed tongue
the funny thing is never used to eat it when i was in nigeria,,,,
that obalende moves can never happen again sha,,, it was after i got home i realised how dangerous what i did was. the cook was so shocked, now she orders in advance so that i dont get dissappointed grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 9:39pm On May 02, 2008
tRoOE:

I had this moi moi with rice, gosh I had running stomach and was farting all night, the fart was uncontrollable and it smelled funky embarassed embarassed embarassed.

yu aint had moi moi and fried rice u u v not tried the one nr french embassy like 2 mins walk,thats one of d best fried rice n moi moi i v had,also grilled catfish with dried pepper and french fries at this place in gra, holla at me if u want the password lol
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 1:06am On May 03, 2008
Can you please prescribe bukas to go to buy food, and the types of food they sell. I've been told there are some good onces at surulere. Can't wait to go and try them out.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 2:08am On May 03, 2008
what the fried fish is ewa agoyin ?

I don't think Igbos eat such cool
the name even sounds like something you get from a babalawo lipsrsealed
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Viante(f): 2:16am On May 03, 2008
There is a place they say is very good on the island, its on a street off Ademola Adetokunbo

Oyin Jolayemi, they say its great o.

Me i kno dey eat out, if not i for say i recommend am
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 2:29am On May 03, 2008
sheniqua:

I don't think Igbos eat such
the name even sounds like something you get from a babalawo

Only you would come up with a response like this on this thread. I'm not surprised at all.

Useless tribalist lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 2:57am On May 03, 2008
@lucabrasi
Abeg stop making me hungry jare grin grin i don't like to be tease when it comes to food.
I will love to have a piece of the grilled catfish, damn with moi moi and fried rice, am trying to have the imagine how it';s going to be serve on my plate. You better don't leave Nland until dec so you can give me the location to all these buka(s0

@ big_bumper
na wa o what do you need the location for, you dey go Naija ni grin grin grin, i swear if my mum is willing to pay my fare i dey do Naija summer

[b]@sheniqua aka babyoisis aka nawdo[/b]I see Seun don ban you, very good cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why are you so ignorant , was this how you were brought up, to make fun of other people food undecided
When i called you a tribalist, you thought I was mean, you need to changing your way thinking, it's very bad especially for someone that claims she's educated!!!!!!!!Shio

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 3:00am On May 03, 2008
tRoOE:

[Why are you so ignorant , was this how you were brought up, to make fun of other people food undecided
When i called you a tribalist, you thought I was mean, you need to changing your way thinking, it's very bad especially for someone that claims she's educated!!!!!!!!Shio

[/color][/font][/size]

Omo eko aka many other names aka troOe
Woman this is Friday night,I'm alternating between here and an NBA game.
If you don't get sarcasm and humor,go to your bed and sleep before you collapse at your keyboard
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 3:03am On May 03, 2008
sheniqua:

sheniqua:

Woman this is Friday night,I'm alternating between here and an NBA game.
If you don't get sarcasm and humor,go to your bed and sleep before you collapse at your keyboard

how about igbos and their cannibalism ?

Since we are being humourous, I figure we start on the right note.

What are you eating with the game, human thigh?
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 3:04am On May 03, 2008
lmfao cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Sheniqa
Yea right who are you fooling, nor were you tryin to be funny.

Wataeva
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 3:06am On May 03, 2008
Arnold1:

how about igbos and their cannibalism ?

Since we are being humourous, I figure we start on the right note.

What are you eating with the game, human thigh?

hmm
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 3:07am On May 03, 2008
tRoOE:

Yea right who are you fooling, nor were you tryin to be funny.

Wataeva

Rather than have your undies in a bunch why don't you tell me what ewa agoyin means.
does it have human parts? grin
like thighs?
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 3:09am On May 03, 2008
sheniqua:

ah
the effeminate one don arrive.
arnoldenisha!!
how bodi grin

It is your mother that is the effeminate one.

Is your human thigh deep fried or cooked in stew ?

I see you have gone and deleted/edited all the nasty things you wrote about your hatred for yorubas.

You have replaced them with "hmm"

It just goes to show the kind of person you are
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 3:17am On May 03, 2008
big_bumper:

Can you please prescribe bukas to go to buy food, and the types of food they sell. I've been told there are some good onces at surulere. Can't wait to go and try them out.

yes ,theres the one in shitta ask anybody living in surulere and they ll take u to where the amala shitta is,people come from far and wide and u ll find all sorts of exotic cars and jeeps parked there for the food,correct amala and assorted that ll make u sweat then u ll have a cold bath and have ur siesta wake up around 6/7 when the sun s gone down and get ready to eat the town feeln refreshed lol
depends on what kind of naija food you like tho.
sheniqua:

the grilled fish and fries is a diffrent dish on its own and a diffrent venue and the ewa agoyin is not a yoruba food its actually beninoise kind of mashed beans and fried sauce so its got nothing to do with any tribe in nigeria
Viante:

There is a place they say is very good on the island, its on a street off Ademola Adetokunbo

Oyin Jolayemi, they say its great o.

Me i kno dey eat out, if not i for say i recommend am
pls supply me the details,i promise to find it and ill give y'all the feedback when i come back from naija lol
tRoOE:

@lucabrasi
Abeg stop making me hungry jare grin grin i don't like to be tease when it comes to food.
I will love to have a piece of the grilled catfish, damn with moi moi and fried rice, am trying to have the imagine how it';s going to be serve on my plate. You better don't leave Nland until dec so you can give me the location to all these buka(s0

@ big_bumper
na wa o what do you need the location for, you dey go Naija ni grin grin grin, i swear if my mum is willing to pay my fare i dey do Naija summer

[b]@sheniqua aka babyoisis aka nawdo[/b]I see Seun don ban you, very good cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why are you so ignorant , was this how you were brought up, to make fun of other people food undecided

dont worry theres more than enough delicacies now shebi its lagos, lol now u know why i spend a month to 5 weeks each holiday lol
abeg cool temper my sister no vex smiley
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 3:38am On May 03, 2008
[hmm!
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tRoOE(f): 3:48am On May 03, 2008
sheniqua:

Rather than have your undies in a bunch why don't you tell me what ewa agoyin means.
does it have human parts? grin
like thighs?
Yes oh, it has you left thighs along with your left breat blended together grin grin grin grin

don't worry theres more than enough delicacies now shebi its lagos, lol now u know why i spend a month to 5 weeks each holiday lol
abeg cool temper my sister no vex
Have never spent that long in Naija oh, my last trip was 3wks cry cry i cried gonnnnn,but this xma am using 1month oh or more.

LOL i no vex jare, i just dey play with osis tongue
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 3:55am On May 03, 2008
tRoOE:

Yes oh, it has you left thighs along with your left breat blended together grin grin grin grin
[LOL i no vex jare, i just dey play with osis tongue[/color][/font][/size]

Oh
we call it ngwo ngwo.
assorted parts.
just add arnoldenisha's blokoss,it would taste better than isiewu and nkwobi rolled up in one

let me see what the Hawks are doing tonite!
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 3:56am On May 03, 2008
sheniqua:

apparently you have no clue what effeminate means,if you did you'd know it's not a term used for females.

why are you getting angry all of a sudden mentioning my mother?

I can see you are now all female shocked
l
ooks like you are on your period already.

gerraway you and your ewa agoyin balls ( that's if you have them at all )

maybe yours are made of do do wink

when they're counting males,you kwa will come out to be counted.

there's nothing I won't see

This is what you wrote on post # 25 that I quoted, now you have deleted the post !

Why can't you stand by your words ?

I thought you are a God fearing christian woman ?
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 3:59am On May 03, 2008
Arnold1:

What would it take for you to carry your tribalistic useless behind from this forum ?

Are you that daft ? Don't you get it ?

You are not wanted on this forum.

From babyosisi to Nwando to whatever; you keep getting banned over and over, but you fail to leave.

Is your life that pathetic that you have to live the bulk of it on Nairaland ?

Go to your biafraworld and yarn all your hatred towards hatred and other tribes there.

Before you know it now, you'll be banned again.

What would it take for you to leave this place ?

tongue
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 4:00am On May 03, 2008
If you hate yoruba people so much, why do you continue to stay on a yoruba man's forum ?

He has banned you over and over again, yet, you fail to leave.

Again, you have deleted what you wrote as far as your hatred towards yorubas.

This goes to show the kind of person you are.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 4:01am On May 03, 2008
sheniqua:

It took you this long to type that small epistle
pathetic!
So you have now degenerated into a little crying girl
You really have issues woman! wink

Carry your hatred for mu'slims and yorubas else where

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dv 2011 American Lottery Results Finally Out / How Good And Motorable Are Roads In Your Locality? / Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.