Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

How Long Do I Have To Wait? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Do I Have To Wait? (1364 Views)

Are Men Willing To Wait For Sex Till Marriage? / How To Convince Your Boyfriend To Wait For Sex? / Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Do I Have To Wait? by keney(f): 1:30am On May 02, 2008
how long do i have to wait?, fellow landers, i've been dating a particular guy for the past 7yrs now, and rite now i have so many suitors coming for me, but i really dont know what i wnt, am so much inlove with this guy that i dont want to let go, pls i need ur advice on what to do, both of us are out of school but still strugling hard to get a good job
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by Cadet(f): 1:32am On May 02, 2008
whh what? 7 years? angry WHAT?!! Lady, you were suppose to stop waiting 5 years ago.

Even though you're both struggling to get a job, he still needs to show some signs that he wants you in his life, if not, then the guy is not interested
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by Nobody: 1:46am On May 02, 2008
abeg let me tell d truth jo,both of you're still looking for job?when will he get a job,settle down,buy a house and come for marriage rites,that should be give or take another year or so,and you're misssing other suitors,don't get me wrong but .its obvious u aint getting younger now judging from d urgency in ur post?how can u date a guy for 7 years still no change in d relationship status,u guys r still boyfriend and girlfriend,how r u sure d guy wont ,leave u when he starts working,because them guys u can't trust them,after suffering wt them they will go and pick one mint and tell u ,you're tokunbo

Be wise,make haste now wey sun dey shine,because when it gets dark its going to be tooo lipsrsealed
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by NaJaHaJe(f): 9:19am On May 02, 2008
jennykadry:

abeg let me tell d truth jo,both of you're still looking for job?when will he get a job,settle down,buy a house and come for marriage rites,that should be give or take another year or so,and you're misssing other suitors,don't get me wrong but .its obvious u aint getting younger now judging from d urgency in your post?how can u date a guy for 7 years still no change in d relationship status,u guys r still boyfriend and girlfriend,how r u sure d guy wont ,leave u when he starts working,because them guys u can't trust them,after suffering wt them they will go and pick one mint and tell u ,you're tokunbo

Be wise,make haste now wey sun dey shine,because when it gets dark its going to be tooo lipsrsealed

Once again you have outdone yourself. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@poster

Nairaland can't tell you what to do. The undertone in your post indicates that you know what you should do. All you are looking for is come assurance that its the right thing.

Whateva you do make sure it's something that suits you and only YOU!

One question tho: this guy you've been with for 7 years. , . . . . . . what are his thoughts on marriage? undecided
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by frank316(m): 11:33am On May 02, 2008
if you met him when you were twenty, that means by now you are at least 27.
if i were your brother i wil tell you to start getting him to commit you or you move on with your life
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by babyx(f): 11:51am On May 02, 2008
@Keney
my advice is that you let this thing you guys have take a natural turn. He doesnt have a JOB neither do you, so how can you be talking of commitment, obviously you are both not ready for that huge step, you need your finances put together, concentrate on getting a JOB, a source of income, first, then all other things will follow. Have a drive to succeed you might rub off on him and spur good things in both your lives, dont bother your head about his commitment enjoy what you have now while you chase your dream(s), if you have any,
CONTROL your emotions else it will get you nowhere,

Best wishes cheesy
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by keney(f): 2:20am On May 04, 2008
hey thanks guys, u all are really wonderful, but the truth of the matter is, ,this guy has become part of me, u can imagine being with someone from year one to final year and till date, i was barely 18 yrs when i met him and now am 25, we are more than lovers, think thats the reason i feel i wont be able to cope with someone else, talking about his idea 2wards marriage, he reminds me every now and then to hang on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but u guys know as they say" women are just like flowers" plsssss shld i still hang on with this guy or move on with my life
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by iice(f): 2:24am On May 04, 2008
It's more about the understanding you guys have. I have seen couples who have stayed that long and got married. It's not always the case. But if there is a bond/understanding and a connectivity btw you guys, it will work out. You know, you should have this talk with him. Sometimes, it takes sharing your fears and thoughts to your partner to make them realise somethings.
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by bawomolo(m): 6:03am On May 04, 2008
stick with him and set a timeline towards marriage. i don't know why women are always so keen on marriage as if some title would change anything about the relationship
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by Eclairs: 6:26am On May 04, 2008
woman palava.

@poster, You'v cm a long way, Grass is not alwz greener @ ova end. Do not despise the days of little beginning. It cms dwn to luck, keep prayin cz you neva knw and remember, wht goes round cms around. If u dump the dude cz u think you'v hit a jackpot, , I hope the green grass at the ova end doesnt go brown.

al the best sha,

Grass not alwz greener. Be warned
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by 4Him1(m): 6:28am On May 04, 2008
what is even more puzzling is the unspoken idea that all the woman needs is just find a fellow who is ready to marry her NOW.
Is anyone asking what Keenee herself has to offer any potential suitor?
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by Eclairs: 6:34am On May 04, 2008
4 Him:

what is even more puzzling is the unspoken idea that all the woman needs is just find a fellow who is ready to marry her NOW.
Is anyone asking what Keenee herself has to offer any potential suitor?

was goin to ask but I fot lines of advise wld be more appreciated. You'r spot on.

Dumpin a dude cz u fink u'v hit the jackpot.

Be warned, grass not alwz greener.

@ Cadet, did this question come to ur mind? I bet it didnt,
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 04, 2008
Once again you have outdone yourself.

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by Busta(f): 1:25am On May 05, 2008
don't know about other pple. . . but I think 7yrs is rather a long time . . . then again, considering ur age (25), u're still young and gots ur life ahead of u so why the rush?
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by danonyeka: 5:57pm On May 05, 2008
WOW!!!!
The ladies here are wonderfull,I suggest u listen to them especially BABYX
babyx:

@Keney
my advice is that you let this thing you guys have take a natural turn. He doesnt have a JOB neither do you, so how can you be talking of commitment, obviously you are both not ready for that huge step, you need your finances put together, concentrate on getting a JOB, a source of income, first, then all other things will follow. Have a drive to succeed you might rub off on him and spur good things in both your lives, don't bother your head about his commitment enjoy what you have now while you chase your dream(s), if you have any,
CONTROL your emotions else it will get you nowhere,

Best wishes cheesy
You live in the real world.!!!
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by keney(f): 10:51pm On May 05, 2008
I must say, u guys are really wonderful, i feel u all, babyx u are the bomb, Eclairs, i appreciate ur advice, iice u are also wonderful, i feel much better sincerely,
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by frank316(m): 5:23pm On May 06, 2008
what does he think about the future for both of you?
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by squirrel20(f): 7:58pm On May 06, 2008
You are still 25 and not 35, you are still young so try not to bother yourself too much about marriage, it will happen at the right time for you.
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by keney(f): 12:51am On May 08, 2008
@ frank
he wants me to wait
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by Bizl4Rizl(m): 8:49pm On May 08, 2008
Wait! Simple, you have waited for 7 years, whats a couple more? I believe you have something special with this guy that you wont get with anyone else. . . these other suitors, what do you know about them, how long have you known them - the saying "the devil you know. . . " is apt in this circumstance.

I believe you are going thru some bumpy time and its quite natural but note that its just a phase it will pass away.

Work at it, TALK to him (very important!) Things will work out, trust me.
Re: How Long Do I Have To Wait? by keney(f): 9:41pm On May 08, 2008
@Bizl4Rizl
Thanks for ur advice

(1) (Reply)

I Am In My Final Year And I Am Dating A Decent Girl But Her Roommate Is A Bad Gi / Is It True That Men And Women Love It? / Go Or Stay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.