Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,238 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Rooting Tecno F7 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooting Tecno F7 (29261 Views)

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
HOLLASLYD: For those of you that gets the restore screen as a result of continuous restore of binary and other oneclick packages that proved abortive, I will upload the stock rom or pre rooted rom flashable through clockworkmod recovery which am working to port to this device soon. Ironically, I only have this weekend free. Hope it gets done by night at least

how do we flash it with clockwork when the phone isn't rooted? except you have found a way to make a flashable recovery image that has cwm inside already. please I feel really bad for not being patient....Brenda needs to be rooted. help me please.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by orosun55(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
ERoot-10.14.exe. link to download did file
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by WillyWest: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
Digatron: read hollasyld's post and click on the eroot link there

timba_bng: @ HOLLASLYD thumbs up to you
Just rooted my F7 in 10 secs.

Nice one Guys

HOLLASLYD:

For pda.net drivers, visit http://pdanet.co with ya PC
And hit download.
Pda.net is a general adb drivers for all google devices. Whether chinko or original

Thanks Digatron ive downloaded the pda.net file successfully but the ERoot-10.14.exe link Hollaslyd sent isnt openning on my internet Explorer, i even tried to google ERoot-10.14.exe but i got the superoneclick file instead. that one keeps freezing after i run it. pls can u help with a different link a dropbox link would even be better. sorry for the stress.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Stakekay1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
I dont know all this technicall jargon that u guys are puting up here for f7 rooting.All I know is that I want to root my f7 and am not a techy person,I base in Abuja,pls who can help me out here?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
WillyWest:

Thanks Digatron ive downloaded the pda.net file successfully but the ERoot-10.14.exe link Hollaslyd sent isnt openning on my internet Explorer, i even tried to google ERoot-10.14.exe but i got the superoneclick file instead. that one keeps freezing after i run it. pls can u help with a different link a dropbox link would even be better. sorry for the stress.

Download from https://www.dropbox.com/s/36psj2lg9xutf8p/ERoot-1.0.14.exe.7z
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
seunpayne: won't a hard reset remove the com.android.settings that binary put in the phone? I'm saying will formatting the phone solve this issue?
Nope.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
seunpayne:

how do we flash it with clockwork when the phone isn't rooted? except you have found a way to make a flashable recovery image that has cwm inside already. please I feel really bad for not being patient....Brenda needs to be rooted. help me please.

I stated clearly that I will be working on it. I've already gotten ready the stock rom of this device and stock rooted rom for this device ready for upload. Due to file size about a gig plus, I will upload the stock rooted and try to make it smaller.
Before that, I want you get clockworkmod recovery ready or to be flashed via fastboot .
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by biz2get(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
HOLLASLYD:

I stated clearly that I will be working on it. I've already gotten ready the stock rom of this device and stock rooted rom for this device ready for upload. Due to file size about a gig plus, I will upload the stock rooted and try to make it smaller.
Before that, I want you get clockworkmod recovery ready or to be flashed via fastboot .

Now Yuu talking Bro, next tin on my mind is custom room sweeeeeeeeet
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by WillyWest: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
HOLLASLYD:

Hollaslyd you are the Godsent for Tecno F7 users, thanks for the dropbox link. My Tecno has now been successfully rooted, to think that i was just about giving up when u sent the dropbox link, thanks for the stress bro.

Thanks alot
Merci beacoup
Gracias
Nagode
Ndalu
Esse
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Stakekay1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
WillyWest:

Hollaslyd you are the Godsent for Tecno F7 users, thanks for the dropbox link. My Tecno has now been successfully rooted, to think that i was just about giving up when u sent the dropbox link, thanks for the stress bro.

Thanks alot
Merci beacoup
Gracias
Nagode
Ndalu
Esse
Pls somebody should enlighten me am a novice in android,with the link above does that mean if I download it my f7 will be rooted one time?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Stakekay1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
HOLLASLYD:

By downloading this dropbox link wil my f7 be rooted automatically? Or is their any other procedure,pls am waiting.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by WillyWest: 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
Stakekay1: By downloading this dropbox link wil my f7 be rooted automatically? Or is their any other procedure,pls am waiting.

I too was a novice download the above and download the PDA.net then follow the instructions strictly that Hollaslyd gave.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
HOLLASLYD:

fastboot is a much better option. plus you don't have to upload the whole ROM now. just the recovery.img will do. since yours is rooted already, flashing it will be the fastest way to get root access for those people getting the restore error.

is that possible? thanks for the effort.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by tunsmart: 7:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
WillyWest:

I too was a novice download the above and download the PDA.net then follow the instructions strictly that Hollaslyd gave.
to root my f7 us it advisable to use my follow come 8gig SD or should I buy the 32 gig jeeje?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by lordmayor4(m): 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
please who knows how much they sell 32gb mmc ? I need it for my F7 !
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by kenny1795(m): 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Abeg is dia any tecno phone sold 4 8600naira I wan knw o
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
HOLLASLYD: to root this mt6577 thats got its bootloaders locked, you can either do that through a oneclick package or extract the boot.img and modify to remove security.
now here is what goes easy for you all.
1= must have a pc
2= must have a working internet connectivity
3= must have adb installed
4= must enable usb debugging
5= must root grin grin

download pda.net from google
install it when prompted for device type, press other
and you are good to connet as adb device
download [url=http://d.pcs.baidu.com/file/1a02a8b1398472547ed66df3d3816ad6?fid=218481690-250528-2669243496&time=1370733825&sign=FDTAR-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-Fe8%2BXIEgmFl8VRJjd0wucHqc6u8%3D&rt=sh&expires=8h&r=561858977&sh=1&response-cache-control=private]ERoot-10.14.exe[/url]
extract with 7zip or winrar
run the ERoot-10.14.exe
ensure you have internet connectivity to enable eroot install 11mb of additional data
ignore the chinese language
enable usb debugging on your device by going to settings/ development option/ usb debugging
plug your device into the pc through the mini usb cable
now the ERoot will show a root button once it detects device
press root.
in 10 secs you are rooted.
look at your phone's homescreen you will find superuser.
once you have super user, reboot device manually and enjoy

thNK Yu for the well detailed explanation but at the end of the download it keep ssaying process failed! what could be the cause>? (ERoot-10.14.exe
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
okay i think i have done it... i am a bit new in this thing so how do i know that my lovely phantom is rooted?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by freshp(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
twinskenny: okay i think i have done it... i am a bit new in this thing so how do i know that my lovely phantom is rooted?

its easy

HOLLASLYD: .....look at your phone's homescreen you will find superuser.
once you have super user, reboot device manually and enjoy
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
freshp:

its easy

thanks hp... eroot and i launch it... it started the usual downloading process as explained ealier but at the end of the downloading process it say process()process
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
process()fail!!
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by bam1: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
Pls why rooting dis phone?, I bought one not dis wk and it`s working fyn, pls kindly help
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by freshp(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
twinskenny: process()fail!!

restart the system and make sure nothing else is running (by starting the your process immidiately)

or you try kingzoul's method

KINGZOUL:
THERE ARE TWO APPLICATIONS (PORTABLE) THAT WORK FLAWLESSLY TO ROOT TECNO F7 OR N7 OR ANY OTHER MTK MT6577 ANDROID PHONES. JUST DOWNLOAD 'MTKdroidTools V2.4.6' OR 'EROOT V1.3.3.' I USED EROOT IN ROOTING MY F7 ANYWAY. JUST RUN THE PROGRAM, CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR PC, WAIT TILL THE PROGRAM DETECTS YOUR PHONE AND CLICK ON ROOT (MAINLY CHINESE LANGUAGE BUT YOU WOULD SEE THE ROOT BUTTON.) AFTER THREE SECONDS, YOUR PHONE IS ROOTED. CHECK FOR AN APPLICATION IN YOUR PHONE WITH A HASH SIGN '#''SUPERUSER'. YOU CAN EQUALLY UPDATE THE SUPERUSER AFTERWARDS.

IF YOU FIND IT HARD TO DOWNLOAD THESE FILES THEN YOU CAN SEND ME A BLANK EMAIL WITH SUBJECT 'TECNO ROOT TOOLS' TO KINGZOUL@GMAIL.COM OR YOU CAN ADD ME IN WHATSAPP (08036683224). FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU GET CONFUSED OR DESIRE ASSISTANCE. ENJOY YOUR ROOTED TECNO F7 AKA PHANTOM A.

N/B: MAKE SURE YOUR PHONES' DRIVERS IS INSTALLED (ADB....)
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
HOLLASLYD: For those of you that gets the restore screen as a result of continuous restore of binary and other oneclick packages that proved abortive, I will upload the stock rom or pre rooted rom flashable through clockworkmod recovery which am working to port to this device soon. Ironically, I only have this weekend free. Hope it gets done by night at least
we will be waiting sir, mine also stop at the restore point
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
freshp:

restart the system and make sure nothing else is running (by starting the your process immidiately)

or you try kingzoul's method

thanks freshp
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by sfiea: 4:19am On Jun 10, 2013
seunpayne:

fastboot is a much better option. plus you don't have to upload the whole ROM now. just the recovery.img will do. since yours is rooted already, flashing it will be the fastest way to get root access for those people getting the restore error.

Hollaslyd, how far with this? Just a bump.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Youngsage: 4:58am On Jun 10, 2013
@HOLLASLYD, are u on whatsapp? If yes pls give ur fone no. Tanx, & kudos
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by olahero(m): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2013
Root any of YOUR Android devices in Ilorin (SmgS4, SmgS3,HTCdesire&on, TecnoF7,N7,N3,D5) contact moi on 07062183593,08096967509. with cool Android's apps, Games, Tools, and on

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:57am On Jun 10, 2013
seunpayne:

yes if you flash stock rooted rom, it will wipe the old one you have and replace with a rooted stock
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2013
tunsmart: to root my f7 us it advisable to use my follow come 8gig SD or should I buy the 32 gig jeeje?
it doesnt really matter what size of sdcard you use
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2013
twinskenny:

thNK Yu for the well detailed explanation but at the end of the download it keep ssaying process failed! what could be the cause>? (ERoot-10.14.exe
what version of windows do u run?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2013
sfi_ea:

Hollaslyd, how far with this? Just a bump.
would work. but for some reasons i want to upload the full rom as backup. cus i got plans of editing it all later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airtel Users Get In Here I Just Got 2gb For 200 Valid For 14 Days See Prof / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / How Much Did You Spend On Data Subscription In 2014 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.