Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

7 Important Things To Consider When Buying A Suit - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 7 Important Things To Consider When Buying A Suit (1182 Views)

Things to know before getting a suit (photos) / 6 Things To Avoid One Week Before Your Wedding Day / Photo : Who Looks Better In A Suit...trey Songz Or Drake ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Important Things To Consider When Buying A Suit by DIYTechnologies: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
What are the important things to consider when buying a suit? I asked myself this question sometime in the past and after some research and investigations, I came to some interesting conclusions which I want to share with you in this post.

1. The shoulders

This is one of the most conspicuous parts of any suit you wear. Do not judge how well-tailored the suit jacket shoulders are by gazing at it on a rack or hangar but right on you. They should perfectly fit your shoulder frame. Those with minimal or no shoulder pads are often the best.

2. Lapels

The lapel is that long part of a suit jacket similar to a shirt collar that often reaches from the neck down to the first button of your suit. There are different types of lapels. Common examples are the notch and peak lapels. For maximum result, the width of your suit lapel should correspond with the width of your tie. Wider lapels are fitting for wider ties and narrow lapels are fitting for narrow ties. So next time you want to buy a suit, factor in the widths of your ties.

3. The breast pocket/pocket square

Most suit jackets’ breast pockets today are usually angled. They often come tacked up to maintain its shape during packaging and transportation. In other to use a pocket square with it, you have to remove the tacking.

Most people think pocket square are meant to be wore only during formal dinners and social events but I beg to differ. The pocket square draws attention from your stomach to the chest and highlights your tie and shirt.

You also need to check if the lapel of the suit jacket overlaps one end of the breast pocket. For men with wider chest, it is recommended that there should be no overlap. If you have a narrow chest however, the overlap should be perfect for you.

4. The button stance

This refers to how high or low the buttons on the suit jacket are. Low buttons enable you to show off your shirt and tie. For best result with low button suits, you need to wear longer ties that would not easily slip out of the suit anytime you bend forward. Low button suits are also very good for shorter men with short upper body since it gives an appearance of a long upper body. High button suit works completely in the opposite direction.

You also need to note that since you are not expected to button the last button of your suit, a high button suit would most likely showcase the buckle of your belt.

Continue reading below:
http://nigeriaconsumers.com/blog/6-important-things-to-consider-when-buying-a-suit/

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Miss Heiress Nigeria Pageant: Naija’s 1st Cultural Beauty Contest Debuts; No Bik / Mo Lounge:thread For Models,actors,entertainers,presenters,etc... / Mans And Wowens Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.