Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported (3365 Views)

Germany-based Businessman Shot Dead In Lagos (Pictured) / Olaoluwa Ibrahim Jailed In London For Rape, To Be Deported After Serving Term / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Businessman In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya: Controversial Nigerian businessman Anthony Chinedu who has been facing criminal charges has been deported from Kenya.

Chinedu is among six Nigerians who were deported on Monday from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for being in the country illegally.

They were arrested from their houses on Sunday night in a police operation following reports they were involved in “dirty” businesses.

Sources at JKIA said they were all put on an international airline after being warned against being violent if and when they are there.

“Five of them have been deported and they are no longer in the country,” said a senior security official at the airport.

Nairobi Area head of CID Nicholas Kamwende confirmed the deportation.

Chinedu was facing a number of criminal cases and was in April arrested in his house with 10 grammes of heroin that he is believed to have either been using or intended to traffic.

The arrest followed an operation carried out in the city centre in which two men including a Nigerian national were nabbed for trafficking heroin.

The men were identified as Nelson Namunyu Mwangi who was found with 268 grams of heroin and Nigerian national Adebiyi Oluwatosin Fatai who had 20 grammes of the drugs.

They were arrested outside a popular club with the narcotics. Police say the two have been behind several incidents of drug trafficking in the city and they were expected in court again on Monday for mention of their case.

Cases of narcotics consumption are on the rise in the city and police are grappling with the situation.

Officers who were involved in the operation said several other mules managed to escape as they approached the scene. A major operation has been organised to nab the traffickers who are on the lose in the city.

Chinedu has been embroiled in a tussle over control of property with his estranged wife Joyce Akinyi and had asked the court to wind up their business in the city and the proceeds shared between them.

The rival couple has court cases relating to their various properties and custody of their two children.

Chinedu has also in the past fought deportation charges by authorities and succeeded.

Akinyi had in 2010 asked for the deportation of Chinedu on grounds that he was a danger to Kenya.

She wrote asking that "swift action will be taken to ensure Kenyans are safe from any activities that Chinedu is alleged to have been involved in".

There are close to seven cases between Akinyi and Chinedu pending in court.

Former Immigration minister Gideon Konchella on June 19, 2007 directed that Chinedu be deported because he "is one of several foreigners in this country involved in the commission of serious crimes involving trade in narcotics and money laundering".

However, Chinedu moved to court on June 13, 2008 to stop his deportation.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000085156&story_title=controversial-nigerian-businessman-chinedu-deported&pageNo=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stkuDC3Y2ZY
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
Kenya, South Africa, Ghana etc.

Nigerians continue to spread their bad reputation everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Zet72(m): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Kenya, South Africa, Ghana etc.

Nigerians continue to spread their bad reputation everywhere.

Will u stop talking trash, crime is not peculiar to Nigeria alone, other nationals does the same too, I believe u hav not been hiding of recent, Check yesterday front page& comeback & tell me what u saw
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Zet72: Will u stop talking trash, crime is not peculiar to Nigeria alone, other nationals does the same too, I believe u hav not been hiding of recent, Check yesterday front page& comeback & tell me what u saw

Is that your excuse, soldier?
Because crime is not particular to Nigerians alone, Nigerians should continue to be "Giant of criminals"?

2 Likes

Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by RickyRoss1(m): 11:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
Nigerian national Adebiyi Oluwatosin Fatai who had 20 grammes of the drugs.

These guys nor dey shame. A thing that is worth doing is worth doing well. Why must you spend several years in jail bc of just mere 20 grammes of dope?
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Abagworo(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Nigerian national Adebiyi Oluwatosin Fatai who had 20 grammes of the drugs.

These guys nor dey shame. A thing that is worth doing is worth doing well. Why must you spend several years in jail bc of just mere 20 grammes of dope?

Don't worry about this news. This was a case of set up and Adebiyi was just a collateral damage. Chinedu has been in court with his Kenyan wife over his property and the best they could come up with was to set him up with drugs. It is high time Nigeria deals with all these poor countries riding on our bad reputation to met out wickedness on Nigerian citizens.

NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 31 – Drama unfolded at a city restaurant on Tuesday when controversial businesswoman Joyce Akinyi confronted her estranged husband Antony Chinedu, slapped him and hurled insults at him.

Ms Akinyi, who arrived in Kenya at the weekend from India where she spent six months in jail alongside former Assistant Minister Raphael Wanjala, lashed out at the Nigerian as he was speaking to reporters and went on to accuse him of being responsible for the troubles she underwent in India.

She was incensed by Mr Chinedu’s remarks to journalists that the disputed property "must be shared equally among them."

"Akinyi has been my wife for 10 years. We accumulated property with her, there is no problem in sharing it. That is what I want, but she does not," Mr Chinedu said before Ms Akinyi confronted him and started insulting him.

"Chinedu has been celebrating because I was away. He took over my property when I was in India but now that I am back, he must vacate," she said.

The latest controversy between the two follows Mr Chinedu’s decision to lease the New Deep West Resort Club to a local investor.

When asked why he leased the property, Mr Chinedu said: "This is our business. There was nothing wrong in leasing it because it had been neglected. Workers had not been paid and the place was in a total mess."

On her part, Ms Akinyi said Mr Chinedu was trying to defraud her of the property, which is one among many at the centre of an ownership tussle between the two.

On arrival from India, Ms Akinyi said that she found the property under the management of a businessman, whom she has vowed to evict.

On Tuesday morning, police officers from various units stormed the premise and conducted a raid, in an apparent search for contraband goods.

Lang’ata divisional Police chief Patrick Mang’oli said that they were looking for various items, including illicit drugs.

"We were looking for many things, including drugs but in the process we have found some motorcycle tyres which have been surrendered to the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) for verification," he said.

During the search that lasted three hours, Mr Chinedu and Ms Akinyi – who have divorced proceedings pending in court – were present.

The police later towed away two vehicles, which were found parked in the compound.

"These vehicles do not appear genuine and that is why we have taken them for further inspection," Mr Mang’oli said.

Ms Akinyi and Mr Wanjala were detained at New Delhi’s airport in September last year for failing to declare Sh7.5 million that they were carrying in hard cash.

Ms Akinyi said that they were both released following the intervention of former Foreign Affairs Minister Raphael Tuju.

"It is Tuju who helped us, it is not Prime Minister Raila Odinga or Foreign Affairs Minister Moses Wetangula," she said and narrated how she ‘led a comfortable life in the Indian jail’.

"Indian jails are very nice. I was in a self-contained room. That place is not like Kenya. There is no congestion there and we even ate good food," she said in reference to the time she spent at India’s largest Prison in Tihar.

Share this story

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2009/03/chinedu-akinyi-soap-resumes/

2 Likes

Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by funnyx(m): 12:33am On Jun 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Don't worry about this news. This was a case of set up and Adebiyi was just a collateral damage. Chinedu has been in court with his Kenyan wife over his property and the best they could come up with was to set him up with drugs. It is high time Nigeria deals with all these poor countries riding on our bad reputation to met out wickedness on Nigerian citizens.

I think I agree with your assertion, it looks like an orchestrated plan to get rid of him.
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 05, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Nigerian national Adebiyi Oluwatosin Fatai who had 20 grammes of the drugs.

Actually the years you spend in jail depends on the amount you were carrying...

1 Like

Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 05, 2013
IvyBlue:

Actually the years you spend in jail depends on the amount you were carrying...

You understand why I dont bother answering ignorant and dumb Nigerians anymore?
When people fail to understand their law, they talk aimlessly.
Thanks for educating the buffoon.
All in all, Nigerians are messing up their image wherever they go.
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by ACM10: 6:37am On Jun 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Anyone that fails to recognise this case as a plot to dispossess Chinedu of his hard earned investments, properties and money must have a skull filled with water.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by adconline(m): 7:24am On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by solomon111(m): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2013
From all indications,the dude was set up.
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2013
ACM10: @Bluetooth,
Your tribalistic intent makes you unreasonable most times. And mods cannot hide such comment.

Do you think the eediot bothered to read the thread
The intent of the thread starter was to highlight a chinedu and not the Oluwatosin who the article described as a known drug dealer and the hare brain read the title and his manhood stood up and pointed East
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by overdrive(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2013
I hope d Texas cow rustler watched d clip and if wise enough shld be able to read between d lines.
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by funnyx(m): 10:05am On Jun 05, 2013
adconline: His ex-wife with her MP lover set him up.
Click on these links for your pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIGYYhzfKDA&feature=player_embedded
http://diasporamessenger.com/akinyi-former-mp-cleared-of-case-in-india/

Men! This lady na serious trouble, na one chance chinedu come enter.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
The guy was obviously setup.
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by overdrive(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
Chinedu my brother come back tto d village and report this matter to okija juju high priest it will only cost u one white fowl and some kolanuts provided ur conscience is clear ur matter will be taken care of. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
overdrive: Chinedu my brother come back tto d village and report this matter to okija juju high priest it will only cost u one white fowl and some kolanuts provided ur conscience is clear ur matter will be taken care of. shocked
grin grin grin grin
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Afam4eva: The guy was obviously setup.

Meaning the drugs in his vicinity were placed there by the cops? A trail of shady businesses was a set up?
Re: Controversial Nigerian Businessman Chinedu Deported by Afam4eva(m): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Meaning the drugs in his vicinity were placed there by the cops? A trail of shady businesses was a set up?
I read of this guy's story somewhere. I don't know if he's a drug dealer or not as i don't know what he does for a living but we cannot rule out the fact that he may have been setup judging by his story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Reveals What A Driver Did To Her Friend In Abuja [see Photos] / 29 Years Old Woman Posed As A Teenager And Enrolls In High School To Catch Fun / I Had Sex With Five Dogs, Boy, 18, Tells Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.