Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others (14679 Views)

Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) / Lagos Buys 30 New Buses For Intra-City Transportation (2) (3) (4)

Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by mojounited(m): 1:21am On Jun 05, 2013
Akpabio To Commission 30 New Additional Projects

TO mark the 2013 Democracy Day and the 6th anniversary of Akwa Ibom State governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, and the state government yesterday said it would commission 30 new additional projects. The Commissioner for Information, Aniekan Umanah, disclosed this while briefing reporters in Uyo, the state capital. Umanah said a total of 30 projects covering roads, bridges, housing and recreational facilities would be commissioned by Akpabio.

The commissioner noted that the uncommon transformation of Akpabio’s government has created a new consciousness amongst Nigerians and global citizens in their perception of an Akwa Ibom person, thus raising the mental infrastructure of the people. His words: “It is an acceptable fact that the six years of Governor Akpabio administration has led to infrastructural renaissance. In the area of road construction, the present administration has built not less than 320 new roads covering not less than 1200 kilometres. “These include five federal highways, 28 new bridges linking communities and five new flyovers at strategic locations in different parts of the state. “The administration has acquitted itself creditably in the social contract he entered into with the good people of the state even with the promise of doing more for the people.”The commissioner admitted that the governor has honoured his covenant with Akwa Ibom people with unprecedented achievements recorded in different sectors of the economy.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/akpabio-to-commission-30-new-additional-projects/
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by mojounited(m): 1:22am On Jun 05, 2013
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by mojounited(m): 1:27am On Jun 05, 2013
Just the kind of news I like to hear/read - COMMISSIONING of Infrastructural Projects. #Akwa Ibom Ado OK! grin
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by mojounited(m): 4:58am On Jun 05, 2013
Few pictures: Abak-Utu Nsehe Road & Bridge

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by mojounited(m): 5:00am On Jun 05, 2013
ukpom abak - ikot oku ikono road

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by RickyRoss1(m): 5:52am On Jun 05, 2013
These are world class roads in rural communities in Akwa Ibom and its free for all. In Lagos these roads/bridges must be tolled.

27 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Garrithe1st: 6:44am On Jun 05, 2013
Ricky_Ross: These are world class roads in rural communities in Akwa Ibom and its free for all. In Lagos these roads/bridges must be tolled.

Why not tell your brothers to relocate from Lagos to Akwa. Ibom. After all it has an International Airport and a Seaport as well as "World-Class" Infrastructure....

Did you say God Forbid??

I thought as much.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by awodman: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2013
Look at the quality of roads with the well designed landscape and yet the users don't pay to use this facility..and lest I Forget this road is in a rural area...Akwa ibom ayaya ooooo

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by ba7man(m): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2013
Those roads make me feel like driving fast on them!!! There are more people walking on those roads than cars though. Akpabio has to think deeper and further than roads now.....at least he has the funds....Skill acquisition centers, attraction of industries and Education will be a welcome addition. The environment is inviting enough.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by bloggernaija: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2013
Ricky_Ross: These are world class roads in rural communities in Akwa Ibom and its free for all. In Lagos these roads/bridges must be tolled.

World class road for world class poverty .look at the poverty/misery of the people on thay road in spite of the stupendous monthly allocation .those road /flashy hotels will not be in the same condition in a few years but the poverty will remain constant .
If you want to know about transformational and inter generational development.look no further than aregbesola and what he his doing to transform the future of the kids of osun state.some of those kids will become great someday.
That is how you build a nation .if it is so good as you say, you can move there.i have been to akwa ibom before and even know when the then commissioner for local government affair akpabio was scheming for the governorship.but nowhere in this country is so harder to make money and nowhere is it more difficult to survive without money than uyo.
If you have many ,you will enjoy yourself like no other place even before akpabio.uyo girls are quite generous
The elites are swimming in so much money and their children are arrogant . the everyday people are poor but very nice and friendly .
Personally, I think the poor in that state need a governor who will concentrate on human capital development since the money is available .education ,health ,agriculture &housing . A typical state in the southeast and southwest have the critical mass of educated middleclass professionals at home and abroad.akwa ibom needs a champion to build that for them

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by frodobee: 8:23am On Jun 05, 2013
^^ did you say its very hard to make money in Akwa-Ibom? Please elucidate on that. I have intentions of moving my business down there.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by taharqa2: 9:03am On Jun 05, 2013
bloggernaija:

World class road for world class poverty .look at the poverty/misery of the people on thay road in spite of the stupendous monthly allocation .those road /flashy hotels will not be in the same condition in a few years but the poverty will remain constant .
If you want to know about transformational and inter generational development.look no further than aregbesola and what he his doing to transform the future of the kids of osun state.some of those kids will become great someday.
That is how you build a nation .if it is so good as you say, you can move there.i have been to akwa ibom before and even know when the then commissioner for local government affair akpabio was scheming for the governorship.but nowhere in this country is so harder to make money and nowhere is it more difficult to survive without money than uyo.
If you have many ,you will enjoy yourself like no other place even before akpabio.uyo girls are quite generous
The elites are swimming in so much money and their children are arrogant . the everyday people are poor but very nice and friendly .
Personally, I think the poor in that state need a governor who will concentrate on human capital development since the money is available .education ,health ,agriculture &housing . A typical state in the southeast and southwest have the critical mass of educated middleclass professionals at home and abroad.akwa ibom needs a champion to build that for them
Will you SHUT it already, Clown??... Aregbesola? Are u actuali comparing Aregbesola with Akpabio? No kidding?? Aregbe wud NEVER get remotely close to what Akpabio has done in his state infrastructure-wise and in oda areas, even if he was allowd 4 consecutive terms of 20 yrs! So lose that line of thinking; it is not even funny...

16 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 05, 2013
Akpabio is really working!! I served in akwa ibom seven years ago.I only rounded up few months into his administration.I have not been there since but from what I see and read on the news I think he should be amongst the best if not the best Governor today in naija.

That guy mentioning Aregbesola should bury his head in shame.Aregbesola is yet to achieve 10% of what Akpabio has done in akwa ibom state.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by PapaBrowne(m): 9:44am On Jun 05, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Why not tell your brothers to relocate from Lagos to Akwa. Ibom. After all it has an International Airport and a Seaport as well as "World-Class" Infrastructure....

Did you say God Forbid??

I thought as much.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maybe you think Lagos belongs to you because you are a Yoruba man. Sorry for you. Osun man like you go dey claim Lagos.

Let me tell you this: We own lagos. We non-indigenes. We make Lagos tick. Without us, Lagos would be just like Ibadan or Ife or Ogbomosho or Ijebu Ode.

What makes Lagos tick:
The banks: We own them. Diamond, Stanbic IBTC, Zenith, UBA, you name it.
The Airlines: We own them.- Arik and Aero. Edo & Delta. Ibru and Aruremi.
The TV stations: We own them. Channels, AIT, Silverbird...you name it.
The Newspapers: Guardian, Thisday, Vanguard, and the rest of the best.
The Hotels: We own them. Federal Palace, Sheraton, Four Points, the new Marriot, and a whole lot others.
Or is it the ports? Na we dey import everything that passes through.

As if the infrastructure that makes Lagos tick was built by Awo. Gowon built the infrastructure. Even the money that built the infrastructure came from down south. So what the heck is this talk about go back to your village.

Akwa Ibom is making progress and peoiple celebrate but you here throwing jealous rants. Maybe the reason for your fear is that the owners of everything that makes Lagos tick would start considering moving to Akwa Ibom and Lagos would suddenly look like Abeokuta. Nonsense!!

32 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by superior1: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2013
When you consider what Akwa-Ibom is receiving monthly from the Federal purse as an oil producing state, these projects are really nothing much but then atol atol na im bad pass

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:49am On Jun 05, 2013
If only Abia State Governor can learn frm him rather dan E..m..b..z..l.e d state fund. Akwa Ibom Adi ok, Akwa Ibom ayaya
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by iykak47: 9:49am On Jun 05, 2013
But there are no toll gates on those good roads. Oga Fash, God dey sha.
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by pendusky(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2013
Tell me why this man shouldnt make the 1st in this thread of the 5 most promising Governors in Nigeria! akwa ibom ado okay!

https://www.nairaland.com/1311168/5-most-promising-governors-nigeria
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 05, 2013
I can sense THICK Jealousness on this thread from the part of Nigeria that loves causing confusions everywhere. These roads are meant for Nigerians and not just Akwa Ibom, you never know what might carry you to Akwa Ibom one day and you will have to make use of one of these roads.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by obinnakenedo(m): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Maybe you think Lagos belongs to you because you are a Yoruba man. Sorry for you. Osun man like you go dey claim Lagos.

Let me tell you this: We own lagos. We non-indigenes. We make Lagos tick. Without us, Lagos would be just like Ibadan or Ife or Ogbomosho or Ijebu Ode.

What makes Lagos tick:
The banks: We own them. Diamond, Stanbic IBTC
The Airlines: We own them.- Arik and Aero. Edo & Delta
The TV stations: We own them.
The Hotels: We own them.
they own agberos and tolls collectors. Lol

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by teejaybil: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2013
frodobee: ^^ did you say its very hard to make money in Akwa-Ibom? Please elucidate on that. I have intentions of moving my business down there.
Plz do your research WELL........ Don't base it on all u hearing!!!!!

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Dollarjunkie: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2013
bloggernaija:

Who did I just hear you mention? AreWHAT? I always marvel at you guys IQ whenever you mention of that name. Is it not the same Osun State that I just concluded my NYSC that you're talking about? GOSH!!! *spits*
What's he transforming? Is it arresting goats and sacking high paid civil servants just to recruit OYES teachers that he pays #10k a month? Thereby putting the secondary schools in a very bad shape where students are been taught by mostly unqualified teachers and corpers.... Better shut the crap and know the difference between rural and urban area.
I've been to so many rural areas in Osun State during my service year and the places are not in any way to compare with the above pictures. Aarrghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by MrFord1: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2013
I think Akpabio is the best governor in the country. He took his people back to school, stopping majority from being house helps that they were well known for. I have been to Akwa Ibom before he became governor, I know what the state was like then.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2013
awodman: Look at the quality of roads with the well designed landscape and yet the users don't pay to use this facility..and lest I Forget this road is in a rural area...Akwa ibom ayaya ooooo

Eyen eka.... Akwa ibom āaya ya ka paniko
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by stineb1: 10:04am On Jun 05, 2013
Akpabio to me has done more than Fashola in lagos in terms on Infrastructural development. The only advantage fashola has over Akpabio is the media.

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by yuzedo: 10:07am On Jun 05, 2013
hope he gived poeple mony for "MISTEH BIGGS"... and Prado. undecided
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by pendusky(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2013
ba7man: Those roads make me feel like driving fast on them!!! There are more people walking on those roads than cars though. Akpabio has to think deeper and further than roads now.....at least he has the funds....Skill acquisition centers, attraction of industries and Education will be a welcome addition. The environment is inviting enough.

do you want to toll the road? What your problem if more people walk on the road than cars?
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EPOMA(m): 10:18am On Jun 05, 2013
bloggernaija:

Akpabio only concentrates on roads which are easy for him to inflate price and steal money. All the road are costed at 2.7billion naira per kilometre . People should stop all this world class this and world that. Those roads are not upto standards in other third world countries like Singapore . Second to the last picture, the culvert are not levelled at all and are not straight . Road markings by now should be made with white tar and be very straight. I get ashame when we keep using all this words.
I have 2 commissioner friend in akwa IBM, one of the steals upto 300 million from his ministry every month, the other take about 10 million a month. Those guys are just stealing money in akwa IBom . If the people know what akpabio and his boys are up to, they will keep quiet. My take is that he does not do enough for the masses

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by EPOMA(m): 10:26am On Jun 05, 2013
stine b: Akpabio to me has done more than Fashola in lagos in terms on Infrastructural development. The only advantage fashola has over Akpabio is the media.

Get you facts right, who have been winning all the awards including the last one from Ghana . The state press officer flies everywhere dashing out money to all the media houses to right stuff about the governor, they buy up all the print if anything negative is written against akpabio . A good example ,after he claimed he rigged election, he paid for channel tv to broadcast from uyo and interview him to get his story right. Who do thing paid for all that, the same interviewer that harassed oga at the top were all laughing when it came to being with akpabio .

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Garrithe1st: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne:

What makes Lagos tick:
The banks: We own them. Diamond, Stanbic IBTC
The Airlines: We own them.- Arik and Aero. Edo & Delta
The TV stations: We own them.
The Hotels: We own them.

Ok, I agree!!

You own everything. Why not move them to Akwa-Ibom??

cheesy cheesy cheesy

P.S.: I'm not Yoruba
Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by pendusky(m): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2013
aka road/IBB juncthon uyo

Re: Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 05, 2013
EPOMA:

Akpabio only concentrates on roads which are easy for him to inflate price and steal money. All the road are costed at 2.7billion naira per kilometre . People should stop all this world class this and world that. Those roads are not upto standards in other third world countries like Singapore . Second to the last picture, the culvert are not levelled at all and are not straight . Road markings by now should be made with white tar and be very straight. I get ashame when we keep using all this words.
I have 2 commissioner friend in akwa IBM, one of the steals upto 300 million from his ministry every month, the other take about 10 million a month. Those guys are just stealing money in akwa IBom . If the people know what akpabio and his boys are up to, they will keep quiet. My take is that he does not do enough for the masses

Liar!!!

Kola Ologbondiyan: ₦679M daily FG School Feeding Programme, A Monumental Scam / 'We Are Coming Back On October 30' – Bandits Write Niger State Community / Ondo APC Party Secretariat Locked Over Imposition Of Candidates

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69