Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank (2166 Views)

Please Help!!! Torn Between Two Interviews. / Call Center Jobs / Why Job Seekers Hate Marketing Jobs (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank by tayoccu(m): 10:52am On Jun 05, 2013
Hi guys,
I need you advise, a very close family member currently works @ airtel as a call center agent, but she just got an offer to work in the call center of a bank, she's @ a cross road. The bank will pay her more than airtel, but the job security @ banks is also an issue.
Please guys if you were in her shoes, what would you do?
Re: Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank by Abbaj: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2013
please advice ur friend to run for the bank call center job with speed, airtel has d worse call center job little change as salary and plenty of work with no job security as they keep employing and people keep resigning daily

1 Like

Re: Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank by blackfm: 8:25am On Jun 06, 2013
I favour the bank job more since it pays more and regardin d issue of job security,dt depends on the bank in questn however, our banks are quite stable at d moment unlike d days of yor wen dey fire anyhow
.d role ure considerin isnt exactly a high risk one so ur job shuld be as secure as can be. Gudluck with ur choice
Re: Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank by ddjay: 8:59am On Jun 06, 2013
airtel call centre are managed by spanco bpo (ibadan) and tech mahindra (lag/ogun). dey inheritd from zain a minimum salary of almost 100k but could nt continue with it,labour did nt alow dem to just lay off bt pay off dis call centre agents,their team leads etc,dey did a fresh employmnt starting from 29k cus airtel pays spanco/tech per call received (customer satisfied and documented calls) so d more call processed the more money dey get from airtel. nw i dnt weda ur friend is on inbound or outbound (even d pay) bt one thing is certain ''the indians want to spend very very little to get so much'' dey will lay off dos getting almost 100k that are still remaing and replace dem wit dos that just came in (earning btw 29k and 35k) and raise dia pay to almost 50.my bros was in dia abuja call centre.hp di helps bt if d person is ok wit dem,all d best
Re: Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank by tayoccu(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2013
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your contribution.
You guys stated the exact things I pointed out to her, but she didn't believe me, I'm gonna forward the link to this thread to her, hopefully it will help her make up her mind.
Re: Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank by nenergy(m): 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
@OP So which did she decide on?
Re: Torn Between Call Center Jobs @ A Telcom Firm, And A Bank by ThatKING(m): 9:19am On Mar 23, 2018
tayoccu:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your contribution.
You guys stated the exact things I pointed out to her, but she didn't believe me, I'm gonna forward the link to this thread to her, hopefully it will help her make up her mind.
good day, I have just sent you a PM. I had to comment here cuz I have something really private I want to explain to you. Thanks in anticipation for your reply

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State 2013 Civil Service Recruitment; Lets Met Here (wit Pics) / Akwa Ibom State SUBEB Aptitude Test On Saturday / Process, Design And Piping Engineers Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.