Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Even PHCN Uses Generator! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even PHCN Uses Generator! (4432 Views)

Does Phcn Uses Generator To Empower Us?? / Phcn Uses Generators In Its Offices; Group Wants Practice To End / PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Scopium: 5:05pm On May 02, 2008
[size=13pt]Imagine I went to PHCN office at Ahmadu Bello Way today and they couldn't print the document I requested because they don't have power. They had the effrontery to use generator when they are supposed to be generating power for the country and you guys think an end to this madness is near. It's so pathetic.[/size]
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Cadet(f): 2:55am On May 03, 2008
grin grin grin It is very pathetic embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by dominique(f): 11:11am On May 04, 2008
at least they have gen, most times when i go there, we have to wait for them to restore their power. so annoying angry angry
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by kesyboy(m): 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2008
what a shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by adebisi1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
Imagine I went to PHCN office at Ahmadu Bello Way today and they couldn't print the document I requested because they don't have power. They had the effrontery to use generator when they are supposed to be generating power for the country and you guys think an end to this madness is near. It's so pathetic.

What do you expecting from PHCN ? You guys better talk to the govt
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by iice(f): 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2008
Rofl. Please Hold Candle Now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by abikelat(f): 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2008
No wahala even though they use gen
At least God will help us somday cry
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by ifyalways(f): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2008
lmao cheesy
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Nautillus(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2008
LMAO . .na wah oh. the thing tire me . . .saw me something like that recently at a PHCN Desrtict office. i nearly passed out with lafter cos i went to complian that my street has been in total darkness for a while. grin grin grin
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Scopium: 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
Nautillus:

LMAO . .na wah oh. the thing tire me . . .saw me something like that recently at a PHCN Desrtict office. i nearly passed out with lafter because i went to complian that my street has been in total darkness for a while. grin grin grin

[size=13pt]And you met the office in the same darkness your street has been enjoying/enduring[/size]
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by opensource(m): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2008
[size=16pt]Dont Curse The Darkest , Light Up Your Candle[/size]
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Caliente(m): 8:21am On Jul 21, 2008
[size=13pt]Giant of Africa, Giant of Darkness[/size]
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Caliente(m): 8:25am On Jul 21, 2008
opensource:

[size=16pt]Dont Curse The Darkest , Light Up Your Candle[/size]

[size=13pt]. . . . . and burn your apartment, the moda4king system or both![/size]
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by BangBang2(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2008
it shouldnt be a surprise, should it?!

wat a disgrace from a disgraced organisation!!
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by mellow(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2008
Can You imagine!!1
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by seyibrown(f): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2008
If you go that kind place with the intention to complain of lack of power supply, you go just comot jeje!

Power suppliers no get Power supply, therefore, no Power to supply you Power! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by nedra: 9:02am On Jul 21, 2008
Stale news
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by ASL33: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2008
Break up the fu*king country or stop complaining and take things as you see them.
Nigeria is not working the earlier you accept it the better for you.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by nedra: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2008
i work in nepa office, and if any of u mk too much noise, i will note ur home address and ensure i off d lite in ur area for two mnths as punishmnt 4 u  grin grin grin
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by alex406(m): 9:38am On Jul 21, 2008
Dont blame the darkness instead generate light to solve the problem of darkness.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by jkpretty(f): 9:45am On Jul 21, 2008
U go to their office to complain that your area hasn't got power for some time and they tell u " We ma sef, dey use gen" Like its no big deal.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by SkyBlue1: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2008
ASL33:

Break up the fu*king country or stop complaining and take things as you see them.
Nigeria is not working the earlier you accept it the better for you.

@ASL33 how does NEPA and other non functioning agencies lead to "break up" cries? LOL. Mosquito bites somebody - break up the country; you catch cold - break up the country; the leaders of your own state that are your own people steal and rob from you - break up the country. LOL, quite amusing.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by DuduCute: 10:04am On Jul 21, 2008
Dat is Nigeria 4 u oo
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by SkyBlue1: 10:11am On Jul 21, 2008
to be honest i am still at a loss in understanding how one single agency can be responsible for providing power to a whole country, and a country of 140million people at that. Just does not make sense especially given that the country we speak of is Nigeria. The way the government continues to handle this issue is just shocking. The market needs to be open and the task needs to be delegated to smallers regions or states. Let lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcout, etc be in charge of generating their own power. This monopoly in the power sector has not helped anything at all.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by qleyo(f): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2008
Sky Blue:

to be honest i am still at a loss in understanding how one single agency can be responsible for providing power to a whole country, and a country of 140million people at that. Just does not make sense especially given that the country we speak of is Nigeria. The way the government continues to handle this issue is just shocking. The market needs to be open and the task needs to be delegated to smallers regions or states. Let lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcout, etc be in charge of generating their own power. This monopoly in the power sector has not helped anything at all.

I couldn't agree with you, exactly what happened with the telecom industry and Nitel, needs to happen with NEPA or PHCN or whatever new rebrand they come up with to hide their appalling service. They should have a grid/main supply and suppliers, just emulate the system as it as around the world.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Caliente(m): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2008
[size=13pt]The monopoly is the major killer, it doesn't give room for innovation coupled with the "I Don't Care" attitude of most if not all staffs in these parastatals[/size]
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Beline(f): 11:15am On Jul 21, 2008
The only solution is the market to be open for others to come in with new innovation and make it highly competitive then we will stop complaining of light or no light.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by izeek(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2008
i tot about this issue over the weekend, and i think the federal governmnent owes every nigerian an apology,
and also they should compesate everyone for using fuel/diesel for the past how many years.
maybe they should consider paying everyone some lil amount to apologise.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by kevd2: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ ASL33. I do not agree with your condemnation of the person who started the thread.One of the biggest problems with the Nigerians today is that we have learned to accept mediocrity In Nigeria,we have failed to hold our leaders responsible that is why we are in stagnation today.The average Nigerian views criticism of society as selfish whining rather than as a social impetus, a neccesity for progress.Last week in Niger Republic ,There was a power outage for 2 days and there were Mass Demonstrations over the whole Country.Here In Nigeria somebody just writes a post to voice his concern and your own fellow Nigerian says that you complain too much.In the history of the Socio - economic development of any developed country, criticism is alway the force that causes a change to the next level .Tell me ASL33 IF YOU ARE CONTENT WITH YOUR PRESENT STATE, HOW WILL YOU MOVE FORWARD, the only explanation for saying we should not complain about the state of the nation is because of pshycological defeat.
Until we shake up this "Sit-Down look ,dont complain" mentality that the Millitary has taught us and our leaders use against us we will never make progress.
So please Nairalanders let us learn to hold our leaders responsible , voicing our complaints on this site is just the first step, if not what is nairaland for.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by lexicon(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2008
I am sick and tired of this yeye power system in Nigeria, I grow to know generator as a back-up for NEPA(PHCN), but now NEPA(PHCN) is a back-up for Generator, Na wah oooooo
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2008
This is shame.
Re: Even PHCN Uses Generator! by edoyad(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2008
PHCN where i stay complained they couldn't get fuel for their 9,000 buck gen set, so my brother had to go kilometers away to pay the light bill.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Insists On Special Status Due To its Large Population / Read The Memo NNPC Management Sent Out To Its Staff On Lateness / #KogiDecide2015: A Choice Between Captain Idris Wada And Pa Audu Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.