Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? (1498 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Amechi Is A Boy We Brought From Gana- Wike / Even If Rotimi Amaechi Is Made INEC Chairman, I Will Still Win Rivers State-wike / Throwback Pictures Of Governor Rotimi Amechi And Family (2) (3) (4)

What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by bilms(m): 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
What is wrong if Rotimi Amechi is interested in the presidency?

The only reason many PRO Gej give for the with hunt of the Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi is the fact that, He his interested in the presidency and to them, that means disloyalty. So i ask, what is wrong if Amaechi is interested in the presidency?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nothing is wrong sir. But Amaechi should not use the NGF to dis-stabilize the incumbent president. There can only be one president at a time.

Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by gbanikiti(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nothing is wrong sir. But Amaechi should not use the NGF to dis-stabilize the incumbent president. There can only be one president at a time.
...and how did he use the NGF to destabilize the president?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by TechRev: 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
@OP

please be sure before you post, Amaechi is seeking position of VICE PRESIDENT!! Who born him to seen president he fit
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Abagworo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
TechRev: @OP

please be sure before you post, Amaechi is seeking position of VICE PRESIDENT!! Who born him to seen president he fit

And what is wrong if he's seeking Vice President? I know he's not seeking either of the two but what is wrong if he is?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by tomakint: 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
Amaechi's interest in the position of the Vice President behind a northerner against his 'own brother' in the same political party was a sign of political immaturity especially at a time his 'own brother' had shown interest in going for second term! He was over-ambitious and acted like a potential sell out against his people (South-south)! Whichever angle you view it from, Amaechi behaved like a traitor willing to divide the votes in his region to favour the North! The good news is that he had already failed on his misguided mission cool

Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by touch4mony: 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
bilms: What is wrong if Rotimi Amechi is interested in the presidency?

The only reason many PRO Gej give for the with hunt of the Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi is the fact that, He his interested in the presidency and to them, that means disloyalty. So i ask, what is wrong if Amaechi is interested in the presidency?
there is nofin wrong with it but let him b ready to b treated the way he treated those who wanted to oppose his re-election in 2011 or his might b treated wost cos his eyeing a higher position..do to other what u will like them do to u.

Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by touch4mony: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
bilms: What is wrong if Rotimi Amechi is interested in the presidency?

Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Tigerhead: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Amaechi is being accused of being a traitor by the people he represents - us, not the fake Rivers people that seem to have sprung up here. He can aspire to be anything he wants but not at our expense.

We the people he is using to trade will decide what we want, sadly at present that is not Amaechi. This is very simple really.

@OP
Do you appreciate the fact that we Rivers people do not owe you an explanation?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Abagworo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tigerhead: Amaechi is being accused of being a traitor by the people he represents - us, not the fake Rivers people that seem to have sprung up here. He can aspire to be anything he wants but not at our expense.

We the people he is using to trade will decide what we want, sadly at present that is not Amaechi. This is very simple really.

@OP
Do you appreciate the fact that we Rivers people do not owe you an explanation?

And who are you? Amaechi is going for Rivers East senate and I'm telling you for sure. Stop claiming to represent the entire Rivers. I know where you are from.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Tigerhead: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abagworo:

And who are you? Amaechi is going for Rivers East senate and I'm telling you for sure. Stop claiming to represent the entire Rivers. I know where you are from.

Why in your twisted logic can a Rivers man not represent his entire state? Why should people listen to an envious ibo man from another state?

At least I am from Rivers State, you on the other hand are one of those ibos who go around claiming other peoples states. I am sure that I have told you on several occasions that you can not be from my state because you want to be. You are an ibo man from Abia stay there.

Jeeze what wrong with you people?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Abagworo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tigerhead:

Why in your twisted logic can a Rivers man not represent his entire state? Why should people listen to an envious ibo man from another state?

At least I am from Rivers State, you on the other hand are one of those ibos who go around claiming other peoples states. I am sure that I have told you on several occasions that you can not be from my state because you want to be. You are an ibo man from Abia stay there.

Jeeze what wrong with you people?

I'm an Igbo from Imo State and I can also lay claim to Rivers because my mother is from Rivers and I grew up with her. I can easily get you a tape recording of the views of Rivers people with regards to Amaechi. Forget about all these your militancy and gun wielding, we all know the most populous ethnic group in Rivers and we also know that 60 percent of the people live in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpo.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Tigerhead: 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I'm an Igbo from Imo State and I can also lay claim to Rivers because my mother is from Rivers and I grew up with her. I can easily get you a tape recording of the views of Rivers people with regards to Amaechi. Forget about all these your militancy and gun wielding, we all know the most populous ethnic group in Rivers and we also know that 60 percent of the people live in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpo.

Wow!!! That makes you Rivers right? And me what? Less Rivers than you? Hahahahahaha.

Look son, go fool the noobs ok? You are a wannabe from a non ND state looking for how to be from the Niger Delta.

I will show this thread to a few guys I know. Boy you are priceless. Ibo guys you are all the same.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Abagworo(m): 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tigerhead:

Wow!!! That makes you Rivers right? And me what? Less Rivers than you? Hahahahahaha.

Look son, go fool the noobs ok? You are a wannabe from a non ND state looking for how to be from the Niger Delta.

I will show this thread to a few guys I know. Boy you are priceless. Ibo guys you are all the same.

I don't blame you. I blame those Igbos that go about promoting licking your bs as if that will make you like them. I don't want to argue with you about my citizenship but the fact remains that Amaechi, Abagworo, Akpabio, Fashola, Orji or anybody has the right to contest as President or Vice President and it does not in any way amount to betrayal.

2ndly Amaechi is more popular across Nigeria than Jonathan. Jonathan's popularity starts and ends in Southeast and parts of South-south. That was why Amaechi won the NGF chairmanship.

3rdly tell your Oga that we are suffering so much because of East/West road. He should either accelerate work on it or permit Rivers state government to take over.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Tigerhead: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't blame you. I blame those Igbos that go about promoting licking your bs as if that will make you like them. I don't want to argue with you about my citizenship but the fact remains that Amaechi, Abagworo, Akpabio, Fashola, Orji or anybody has the right to contest as President or Vice President and it does not in any way amount to betrayal.

I am sure you know that it is we the people who will determine what we consider betrayal not people from Imo or the SW or the north.

Abagworo:

3rdly tell your Oga that we are suffering so much because of East/West road. He should either accelerate work on it or permit Rivers state government to take over.

If Amaechi had not stolen so much he could have fixed the east/west road for us abi? By the way what concerns ibos with east/ west road?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Abagworo(m): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Tigerhead:

If Amaechi had not stolen so much he could have fixed the east/west road for us abi? By the way what concerns ibos with east/ west road?

If you were from Rivers State you should have known that the climax of so-called Amaechi vs Jonathan saga was Amaechi's request to handle the Rivers section of that road.

The last few days have witnessed crossfire between the Rivers State governor, who is also the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Rotimi Amaechi, and the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, over each other’s effectiveness and efficiency on assignments constitutionally laid before them. Reports have it that the attrition started when the governor requested that the Federal Government surrenders the reconstruction of the East-West Road to his state, a situation the minister reportedly believed to have been badly intended by the governor against his boss, the president. What followed is the war of words, mostly celebrated in the newspapers.
Although where Amaechi made the request, which has come to be seen an offensive on the president, has not been mentioned, Orubebe reportedly made his comment in Uyo, the Akwa-Ibom State capital, last week, after an inspection of the controversial East-West Road. Orubebe, it was gathered, criticised Amaechi’s comments, inferring that the governor was disrespecting the number one man in the country. “It is unfortunate that people from South-South, even governors, particularly Governor Rotimi Amaechi, have no respect for the president,” he said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/3871-amaechi-orubebe-and-east-west-road-‘war’
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by bilms(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Yaradua- president and jonathan was Vp, I repeate again, what is wrong in Amaechi being interested in the presidency? I can't remember any law that says, if a south south man is contesting for a position,another man shouldn't, i ask again, what is wrong if Amaechi is interested in the presidency? There is no any party law that also says, if the sitting president is recontesting, others don't have the right to contest. So i ask again, What is wrong if Amaechi is interested in the presidency?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Dracula27: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
If we want to be truthful we should ask ourselves these questions. Is Ameachi the only person seeking elective office? and why haven't other people been antagonized? He accrued powers to himself and thought himself the president. He was politically pursuing the agenda of making Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ. On what grounds would Ameachi be the one to warn the president against declaring a state of emergency in the north?
As he made himself a defacto president and national commentator can anyone mention one constructive criticism or positive contribution he made to the polity? at the peak of his madness he looked around and called Nigerians cowards for not starting a rebellion.
Now we want to tell people that his issue is his vice presidential ambition.
If he had pursued it as others are pursuing theirs he would not have any problems.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
tomakint:
What happened to you along the way? Did you miss your childhood? Did you miss parental care? Are you alone? It seems you are suffering from a chronic low self esteem for you to launch an insult to a poster who is not talking to you! I want to believe you must have missed your way here, you may find it and sod off me kid!

Nope!

My parents were with me all through my chilhood and teen years, into adulthood, and up till the present. Where were your parents? Did they teach you to deceive people into poverty and suffering because thats all I see you do everyday. Didnt your parents teach you to abhor mediocrity? Didnt your father teach you that its odd that the lights should ever go out for more than 2 mins, that you should only experience power outage no more than 5 times during your life span and only in the cases of natural disasters should it be out for more than 24hrs. Didnt your mother teach you to abhor and despise corruption and to ensure that whosoever extolls Governmental theft is an enemy of the state, therefore,an enemy of you?

See, as per why I seem to insult certain people, its because I sincerely despise and cant stand deceits; I hate them with a passion. And, you my dear useless suffering Nigerian, are a bloody deceit---all your posts show this. And as such, you do not deserve a single polite word from this side of the pond.

Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by bilms(m): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
Dru, can you pls mention another person in the south south persueing presidency ambition as thought of Amaechi?
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by omenka(m): 6:22am On Jun 06, 2013
musiwa26: how does this look to you.

Yar Adua (fulani/hausa)
Jonathan (Igbo )

Jonathan (Igbo)
Sambo (fulani/hausa)

Lamido (fulani/hausa)
Amachie (igbo)

what does that tell you about selfishness and racist and tribalism.

4 of the 6 top position of nigeria.

President Jonathan ( IGBO)
Senate president Alechenu Mark (Alechenu igbo name)
deputy senate president ( igbo)
deputy speaker ( igbo)

this why britain and the people of nigerian agreed to 3 unit separate from each other.

Ignorance indeed is a disease. And yours seems incurable. Who says the name 'Alechenu' is an Igbo name That is an Idoma name. It is the second largest tribe in Benue state. Get your facts right before comenting.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by bilms(m): 6:37am On Jun 06, 2013
Hum
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by eggheaders(m): 7:07am On Jun 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Nope!

My parents were with me all through my chilhood and teen years, into adulthood, and up till the present. Where were your parents? Did they teach you to deceive people into poverty and suffering because thats all I see you do everyday. Didnt your parents teach you to abhor mediocrity? Didnt your father teach you that its odd that the lights should ever go out for more than 2 mins, that you should only experience power outage no more than 5 times during your life span and only in the cases of natural disasters should it be out for more than 24hrs. Didnt your mother teach you to abhor and despise corruption and to ensure that whosoever extolls Governmental theft is an enemy of the state, therefore,an enemy of you?

See, as per why I seem to insult certain people, its because I sincerely despise and cant stand deceits; I hate them with a passion. And, you my dear useless suffering Nigerian, are a bloody deceit---all your posts show this. And as such, you do not deserve a single polite word from this side of the pond.

finish him xabbbccvzzz """"""karapakapara""" brutality. lwmisocp laugh wan make I slap ombatse chief priest.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by slimghost(m): 9:43am On Jun 06, 2013
This Abagworo is the worst sycophant I have ever seen. Dude stop embarrassing yourself because you are not from the SS. Let them handle their issues.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by slimghost(m): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Nope!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Says a lot about your upbringing.

Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by anonimi: 9:53am On Jun 06, 2013
I thought he is interested in playing SECOND fiddle as VP to Sule Lamido.
Did I miss something
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by tomakint: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2013
slimghost:
When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Says a lot about your upbringing.
Esteemed slim, you just took the words out of my mouth, no matter how you clean up a pig, it must surely return to the mire that is the exact description of that orphan! Clearly he missed his childhood and parental care as you can see from his response no wonder his fellow orphan endosed his ranting cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by gebest: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2013
nothing is wrong oh my brother.
Re: What Is Wrong If Rotimi Amechi Is Interested In The Presidency? by seunfly: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2013
tomakint: Amaechi's interest in the position of the Vice President behind a northerner against his 'own brother' in the same political party was a sign of political immaturity especially at a time his 'own brother' had shown interest in going for second term! He was over-ambitious and acted like a potential sell out against his people (South-south)! Whichever angle you view it from, Amaechi behaved like a traitor willing to divide the votes in his region to favour the North! The good news is that he had already failed on his misguided mission cool
I don't know why people think like this, was Namadi Sambo a betrayer to Hausa/Fulani people when he contested with jonathan agains fellow Hausas? Was Olu Falaye a betrayer when he contested against Obasanjo his fellow Yorubas? Was Atiku a betrayer when he paired with Obasanjo against his fellow Hausas? It is only people who are paraniod that always see things in a consiracy and betrayer ways, may be it is because they are betrayers themselves or they are authocratic and selfish.

Some senior military and paramilitary officers are Incompetent -GEJ / Anambra Gov Race: APGA Faction Group Wants To Field Candidate / How Stella Oduah Was Caught – INSIDER’S REVELATIONS

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60