Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match (20180 Views)

Hot Updates On The Kenya Vs Nigeria Fight (pictures) / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by loabb2(m): 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
KickOffNigeria.com editor Colin Udoh reflects on the Super Eagles’ 1-0 win against Kenya on Wednesday afternoon.

CHARACTER IS RETURNING
They looked lethargic in Calabar nearly three months ago, but this team showed they have ‘bouncebackability’. While they may not exactly have been flying in Nairobi, this was about grit, about character, about strength, and about getting the result. Hard to fault them on any of those scores.

THE EAGLES NEED YOBO
Stephen Keshi may have his issues with Joseph Yobo, but Mexico and now Kenya have shown that that defence not only needs shoring up but, even more importantly, leadership. For spells they were far from assured at best, and sometimes rickety at worst. Godfrey Oboabona and Kenneth Omeruo are fine young talents and will only get better with games together, where Yobo may be at the twilight of his career. But his leadership, direction and experience can only help them to that next level, even if he doesn't start. And what happens if, God forbid, one or both get injured? The quicker this rift is resolved, the better for us all.

MIKEL TOO
Against Mexico, the Super Eagles struggled for possession, especially in the latter stages, even against 10 men. It was in those latter stages against Kenya that Mikel's class shone through. His unhurried ability to keep the ball and pick a pass under pressure remains one of the Eagles’ more potent weapons. He may not look it, but Mikel is infinitely more dangerous than people think.

AHMED MUSA MUST LEARN HOW TO CROSS
I was at the stadium in Conakry for his first international game against Guinea, when he almost ran the Syli Stars out of breath. His one deficiency that day was his final ball, especially the crossed deliveries from deep. Against Kenya he almost had me tearing my hair out in frustration. Someone pointed out on Twitter that Musa’s crossing makes Tijani Babangida’s look like Finidi George. It’s hard to disagree. Can we get Finidi George to come work with Musa? Please?

KUDOS FOR KESHI: 16 NOT OUT
It’s 16 games unbeaten for the ‘Big Boss’. And that is not just empty stats. There is the African Nations Cup trophy to go with it. If he carries this unyielding spirit into the Confederation Cup, who knows … we might just see Nigeria in the final.

19 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by supaeagles(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Yes oh..... I agree , the Boss (Coach Keshi) deserves full praise...... I used to be critical of him but the boss definitely has my respect now

Also OP, your write up and technical analysis is brilliant. Good job.... cool

Super Eagles are soaring once again..... it's good to be a fan....

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by aspabay(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
Very true
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
May the force be with them.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by zuma4k(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
on point
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Uchenna42(m): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
OSAZE TOO

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Sholly121: 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nice one
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by nonyofor(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
We desperately need osaze in dat team keshi should resolve issue he has with him since moses is nt available @ d moment we need a terrific winger that can shoot when given a slight space, all these testings will nt help us @ ll

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by dahdah: 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
Yobo They don't need Yobo, what do they need him for, He lacks the leadership ability and he showed that in the first two games in Last Nations Cup.. He has done enough for the eagles, Thank you Yobo at the same time Goodbye Yobo

13 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
This man don collect money from Joseph Yobo I swear.. Eagles don't need Yobo for anything, Mr Collins you are wrong on that, Yobo did next to nothing for the team during the last nations cup which the eagles won.. And he was not in anyway missed today

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by emmabest2000(m): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Up Super Eagles , Good news
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by ericgold(m): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Uchenna42: OSAZE TOO
oga keshi abeg try patch tins. with osazee....kudos keshi

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Sholly121: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nice one. Eagles, the real king of africa
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Scarpon(m): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
Uchenna42: OSAZE TOO
osaze wetin??

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by OO7: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
It's alright ...my respect 2 d eagles
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Opey4luv(m): 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2013
Go for it Eagles. We are winning it in Brazil. And don't fall for those Brazillian whores!!!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
dahdah: Yobo They don't need Yobo, what do they need him for, He lacks the leadership ability and he showed that in the first two games in Last Nations Cup.. He has done enough for the eagles, Thank you Yobo at the same time Goodbye Yobo

What happens when Oboabona and/or Omeruo gets injured? No replacement.

We still need Yobo, even if not starting.

We don't need Osaze. He will bring friction/rancour to the team, by fighting coaches.

I agree with Udoh's 5 points. Musa is poor in crossing, we are also underestimating Mikel's impact.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
You talk of Defence you mention YOBO? I jes console myself with the thought winning both cry later.. Where is our half cast Taye Taiwo??

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by safarigirl(f): 10:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
All we nEed are Emenike and Moses...Yobo didn't play 98 percent of the time in AFCON and we still won, except he wan turn David Beckham wey go just siddon for bench dey clap hand like granny for church service, we no need am

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
Up Eagles any way!
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by diarra94(m): 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
Thank God eagles won. Oya wey this kenyan bwoi make i go collect my money.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by abdullkabar(m): 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
No wonder some players are geting the doper,dopler(nt sure of d spelln johr) test.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by obi4eze(m): 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
The SE really need good wingers that can create chances for the centre forward(s). Sometimes, it may be needful to modify tactics and keep the ball in wide position especially when the central midfield is crowded.
The team would be playing against strong teams like Uruguay and Spain in the Confed. Cup with lethal forwards in Cavani, Suarez, etc. I just hope the Coach would also do something about the amateur defence.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by An0nimus: 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
blink182: May the force be with them.
and with you too Jedi master.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Blueeyedboi(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abeg what's the latest update on Emenike's injury?..he's currently our most trusted striker...he plays with purpose en is always goal hungry...that attack looks blunt without him..

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by damosky12(m): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
nonyofor: We desperately need osaze in dat team keshi should resolve issue he has with him since moses is nt available @ d moment we need a terrific winger that can shoot when given a slight space, all these testings will nt help us @ ll
what testings? Besides, Osaz isnt a winger. He is a Striker just like Emenike, Ideye and co. And ur statement isnt intelectual.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by mikky4all(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
Heeeeeen, so na wetin dem da call first page be this. Can't believe I finally made it. Thaanks to manager for providing Gen to charge ma phone and special thaanks to airtel network. abu dhabi boys (funaab odogbolu)

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by damosky12(m): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
dahdah: Yobo They don't need Yobo, what do they need him for, He lacks the leadership ability and he showed that in the first two games in Last Nations Cup.. He has done enough for the eagles, Thank you Yobo at the same time Goodbye Yobo
Did u watch the Nations cup? Did you listen to the interviews conscientiously? If you did, you would have observed his encouragements and motivations played a major role to the successful feat at AFCON.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by Limaoscar: 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
OSAZE TOO LIKE TO TWEET
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by dedons: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
I hear

to*to decay say make i congratulate super eagles for her

1 Like

Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by fremzy1(m): 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
Gud job super eagles.
Re: Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match by bigt2(m): 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
Who worn the mash

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Madrid Defender, David Alaba Apologizes After Barcelona 4-0 Defeate / VAR: What Famous Coaches Think / Newcastle Are Officially Qualified for Champions League.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.