Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

My Time In Service Of Fatherland - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Time In Service Of Fatherland (1043 Views)

Youth Corper Who Died In Service Buried Today (Photos) / Chizzy Alichi Hits Anambra NYSC Camp To Serve Fatherland / Beyond Serving The Fatherland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Time In Service Of Fatherland by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
Life is a fairytale! One can never really know what to expect as there are no guarantees anywhere. Today, i recall with nostalgic feelings how my own journey as a corper began. My department was among the lot that had just missed out on the batch 'A' mobilisation. I felt disappointed as I thought we finished in good time the year before to be mobilised for that batch. I rued this miss for a few days before I finally conceded that I had to move on with life in my own interest. Considering that it was going to be atleast another four months before the next enrolment, i decided to look for a job that could keep me engaged till that time. I got inspired by a friend who advised to get on with life for, according to him, service is merely a routine in a very long list of activities that should form the basic working plan of a man who is forward looking. With his help I was able to design a career marketing document in resume' and I spent the next few hours admiring and perusing the document. As the novice that I was, I had imagined that with my academic pedigree, getting a job will be a stroll in the park, all other variables remaining constant. I have not mentioned that I read accounting, graduating among the top two students in my department and faculty with a cgpa of 4.47 out of a possibe 5.00. I guess by now, you, probably, are already coming to appreciate the standpoint from which i had initially judged affairs that go in the world. I submitted several applications and got quite a bit of invitations, more than what might be perceived as a fair share for a fresher. Despite this, the job did not look to be coming as early as I have imagined and naturally, depression began to set in. Some of the employers, I interviewed with suggested for me to go for service before prospecting for career opportunities. I agreed, but continued my search, nevertheless, until finally the time came for the next enrolment, Batch 'B'. This time it came good and i bought a few stuff that I thought I would need, took my bag and set out for school to get my posting letter...more updates coming shortly.
Re: My Time In Service Of Fatherland by lusen(m): 11:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
Good piece. I'm following u like twitter.
Re: My Time In Service Of Fatherland by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 07, 2013
As i got to school, i met a mamoth crowd of people already in a long queue waiting to get the posting letter. Since i was just arriving, i decided to complete whatever was still left of my final of my final clearance, to begin with. After that, i was directed to the bursary where i paid the alumni dues. Once that was done with, i retired that evening in a friend's place, where we enjoyed life over some delicious meal, as we watched the interesting euro 2012, final match between italy and spain . More updates to come soon...
Re: My Time In Service Of Fatherland by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2013
lusen: Good piece. I'm following u like twitter.Thanks for your interest.
Re: My Time In Service Of Fatherland by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2013
lusen: Good piece. I'm following u like twitter.Thanks for your interest in the work.
Re: My Time In Service Of Fatherland by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
The following morning, my friends and I, left the room where we slept and proceeded to the sitting room for a brief devotion which was already on course, at the instance of my friend's mum. After a brief period of praise and worship, my friend's mum referred us to a part of the scriptures which she had so carefully selected to match our feelings and the sentiments of the time. We had just graduated from college and were getting set to enter into a new phase of our young lives. It was, therefore, only fitting that our first gospel should come from the holy writ, and delivered by no other than a mother, herself. As she announced the portion of the scripture where the exhortation would be based upon, my friend quickly grabbed his ipad and in a few seconds, he was already reading out loud, while the rest of us listened. Let me say in humility that I was somewhat carried away by the charm of that device, but on a morning as the one that had just graced us, it was important of me to exercise the sort of comportment society expects to see from a man of my class. So, if I was fascinated, I did well to put that under pretense. When my friend was done, proceedings transferred back to the mother of the house, who admonished us to keep faith in God and in our missions. She assured us that having applied ourselves to attain the title of degree holders, we can expect life to bring us its best fruits, but warned that we must be wary not to abuse our new found life of freedom...more updates to come soon

(1) (Reply)

Rip Zino / Corps Members Get In Here!: Self Contain In Uyo Akwaibom State / NYSC: Man Nabbed With Fake Call-up Letter At Orientation Camp In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.