Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping (5511 Views)

Help! He Snores / Help He Snores Too Much / I Like Sleeping With My Hubby But He Snores,please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by baby4ever: 4:40am On May 18, 2006
My man snores a lot while asleep and this is driving me crazy. What can I do?
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Grizzly(m): 4:44am On May 18, 2006
Stuff his socks in his mouth, shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by mochafella(m): 4:57am On May 18, 2006
nah wa oo, baby4ever, this your man na trouble ooo. First unplanned pregnancy, now snoring. shocked.

If its that bad, tell him to go see a doctor, he might be able to have surgery for the loose tissue at the back of his mouth. It sometimes vibrates when you breathe leading to the snoring sound.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Chief2B(m): 7:27am On May 18, 2006
About 4 years ago I broke my neck in a car accident. I had so much reconstructive surgery that I now have a lot of built up scar tissue in my throat and when I tried to sleep the throat muscles would relax closing off my airway. This led to LOUD snoring and no sleep. It's called Obstructive Sleep Apnea and it is a life threatening condition. By all means get him to the Doctor and get him checked. They might recommend surgery or the use of a CPAP machine(what I use to open my airway while I sleep).

Check out this website for a little self diagnosis:

http://www.sleepquest.com/s_osa.html
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by chy(f): 9:16am On May 18, 2006
Always make sure he doesnt sleep with head facing upward
is really a bad thing once i visited a friend who snores like that cudnt sleep the whole nite
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Ddii(f): 10:45am On May 18, 2006
why don't u sleep in different rooms?
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by mochafella(m): 3:23am On May 19, 2006
Ddii:

why don't u sleep in different rooms?
um, She won't have a man anymore if she does that
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by kimba(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2006
@baby4ever

Yes, "Chy's" advice is right. If I remember right, people that snore usually have their tongues kind of folded back over their air pipe(because the head is tilted upward) once they have fallen asleep, so its kind of like the air is been forced out to produce the snoring sound, and such peeps usually open their mouth while sleeping.

Advice: Adjust pillows so his head will be horizontally placed, help him close his mouth, as in wake him up and let him close his mouth himself, or reach in your hand inside his open mouth and pull out his tongue, and then close his mouth. Make sure you give him a kiss after for him to keep his mouth closed.   cheesy cheesy cheesy

im not kidding o, thats the truth.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by mamaput(f): 7:58pm On May 19, 2006
turn him on the side . or sleep in another room.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by GUNNER(f): 8:11pm On May 19, 2006
just give him a hard kick on his butt!

i can guarantee u that

he will stop sofort  8 wink
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by dominobaby(f): 8:11pm On May 19, 2006
Chy's and kimba's tips r okay.
Warning: if 'problem' persists, u gat to get used 2 it.
(btw, wat av u done bout ur baby?hp all is well nw?just checking up.)
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by eveseh(f): 9:52pm On May 19, 2006
hold his noise tight shocked
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by GUNNER(f): 10:05pm On May 19, 2006
dats so cheesy

cant help laughing grin
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Hotstepper(f): 12:41am On May 20, 2006
am da person dat can't stand noise while sleeping not 2 talk of snoring which i hate with a passion. I pray God would give me a man dat doesn't snore, when I visit relatives homes and where am sleeping, sum1 snores dere, my IPOD is on ma ear till da following morning, lol, gurl, am feelings u really but don't know wat 2 tell u unless u gat musiv device 2 help u out, gluck
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Hotstepper(f): 12:42am On May 20, 2006
there r ppl dat snore when they face up but there r ppl dat itz just natural nomatter the position
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Grizzly(m): 10:03am On May 20, 2006
Some even snore while awake. shocked shocked shocked :-.X
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by eveseh(f): 10:20am On May 20, 2006
lol snore while awake shocked shocked
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Grizzly(m): 11:03am On May 20, 2006
;d ;d
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Bright2(m): 1:29pm On May 20, 2006
I think there ard medications 4 it,check 4ever living product manual.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by eveseh(f): 1:57pm On May 20, 2006
lol bright cheesy
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Bright2(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2006
eveseh not Bright,but Bright2.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by eveseh(f): 9:40pm On May 21, 2006
Bright2:

eveseh not Bright,but Bright2.

my bad than bright2
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Priscila(f): 11:14am On May 29, 2006
baby4ever!
If you are married find a solution for your man as people said see a doc for him.

I have the worst experience and please men! I will not marry a snorting man even he is the sexiest celeb as the one I had. It made me crazy.

Early this year I broke up with my  boyfriend of 9months because of that.
this man is a celebrity and he is what we call hot men but ouch my God not all that glitters is gold.

The thing is we were meeting in my parents house mostly , he is loved by my people and we started tete a tete. on visiting him the first day I was woken up by a very annoying pig noise only to discover he was the one snoring. packing to guest room didnt solve anything because it even became louder despite my protests and him swearing to stop, he confessed he dint know about it.Am one person sensitive to noise while asleep and even violent turning can wake me up.

People! I could not sleep well for two days and had planned to spend two weeks I ended up with two days I vanished. We discussed about help but he was very offensive and insisted as a celeb he is medically fit.
he checked in my house again and he agreed he had seen a doc and I went back to his house. my dears! it was the worst night again.
I started visiting him during the day and  we disagreed since I could not spend a night as I sneaked to hotels and could lie I had gone to see a friend.
WE parted ways and he has had two other girlfriends who have dumped him for the same reason.
Ok he is seeing the doctor but he turned out to be the ugliest man I ve never seen because of snoring. My whole family is backing him because he wants me back by all means but hey NO SINGLE LOVE I HAVE FOR HIM. it vanished with that snoring
Am sure he will never stop because he claims to have remedied the situation yet he still snorts like a pig
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Ano: 3:05am On May 30, 2006
Not to scare you, but he may have some type of sleep apnea which may be related to an underlying congenital heart problem. Just observe him, does he seem to stop breathing a few seconds in between his snores? To be on the safe side, maybe he needs to get the situation checked out.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Bright2(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2006
Plz plz plz,dat shouldn't be scaring u ladies away,my room mate does desame but i does control it by turning his face down 2 de pillow, authomatically it will stop but if he turns his face facing de ceiling,then it will start again.A victim of this should always be sleeping facing down.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by ldollier(f): 5:57pm On May 30, 2006
if he snores while sleeping, you should do this

1. check if his mouth is open, if it is, close it

2. check if he/she is sleeping on the wrong side(as in, improperly)

3. check if he/she is sleeping with his stomach faced upward rather than sideways.
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Rhodalyn(f): 5:58pm On May 30, 2006
alays pour very ''chilled'' water on him when he does that, with tyme he will stop cheesy cheesy
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by 2cantango(f): 6:01pm On May 30, 2006
Just whack him over the head with your pillow every time he snores - hopefully in time he'll learn - but keep in mind, he's just a man, so don't be expecting miracles grin grin grin
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by mochafella(m): 6:34pm On May 30, 2006
2cantango:

hopefully in time he'll learn - but keep in mind, he's just a man, so don't be expecting miracles grin grin grin
2ccceeeeeee angry
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by 2cantango(f): 6:36pm On May 30, 2006
Lol mochaboo tongue I knew I'd get a reaction out of someone wink
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by Badman888(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2006
there is one stuff, that he can put in between his nose, but forgotten the name, if i find it out would get back. If it dosent help he is your man you have to put up with it, as they say. for better for worse
Re: I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping by kimba(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2006
heres a solution:

I don't snore - well, no one has told me I do, but apparently 15 million Brits do and it causes no end of troubled relationships. How do you stop it? Well, a company called Magnetic Therapy claims their Snore Free gadget will put an end to the nightly noise.

The company cites clinical studies showing that when tiny magnets are implanted into the nose, the repelling action of the magnets keeps the airways open. Which is how the Snore Free works. It's a small plastic ring fitted with two rare earth magnets, which is attached to the nose during sleep. The Snore Free apparently "magnetically stimulates the sensory nerves of the nose", which opens the nasal passage and prevents snoring.

I'm naturally sceptical and to be honest, still not convinced it does actually work. But it's only £7, so if you're desperate, it might be worth making yourself look slightly ridiculous in your nose ring to keep the peace in the bedroom

http://www.magnetictherapy.co.uk/mcp/THERAPY_MAGNETS.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. / My Daughter's First Menses! / Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Junior Sister ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.