Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? (3767 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women / He Makes Love To Me In The Presence Of Our Grown-up Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Shakslayer: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Recently, i travelled to the East to visit an old course mate of mine from the University. He just got married and i decided to felicitate with him.

Sadly, what was meant to be a happy reunion for us guys, turned to be a dispute resolution for me.

My friend and i just came back from a long outing, tired and very hungry. As we entered the house, his lovely wife was in the kitchen preparing fufu, she has made the fufu, set it on a plate and was about getting the liquid hand-wash (morning fresh), my friend who couldn't wait any longer, decided to get the soup himself. He grabbed a bowl, went straight to the pot, opened it and was about dishing his soup, when his wife, in 2 giant but quick strides,backed up by a loud and long hiss, grabbed the spoon from him and made to dish the soup.

My friend was so shocked and embarrassed that he quietly walked off the kitchen, into his car and drove off without a word. I spent the best part of the night trying to resolve the dispute that ensued. And what a dispute it was!

So, i ask, what is wrong in a married man dishing his soup in the presence of his wife? For me, i see nothing wrong here.

The floor is open.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Tobiegal(f): 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
Nothing wrong! my Opinion.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by seun0622(m): 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
I m sure there s more to the story than you are telling us.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
What's the big deal? na wa oh people are just touchy touchy these days. what if you OP dish yourself , she for land a hot slap on your cheek cheesy pot of soup?

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
There is either more to the story and the wife has serious issues, na wa for women and their kitchen oh
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Shakslayer: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
seun0622: I m sure there s more to the story than you are telling us.

Oga, since you were there that evening, why not tell us the 'remaining' part of the story?

jidegirl12: What's the big deal? na wa oh people are just touchy touchy these days. what if you OP dish yourself , she for land a hot slap on your cheek cheesy pot of soup?

Lol, in her words, she said 'it showed lack of regards for her position as a wife'. Whatever that means, i dunno.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
Tired of all these local stories.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by damiso(f): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
O ga o. People are reall touchy. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
Lol, in her words, she said 'it showed lack of regards for her position as a wife'. Whatever that means, i dunno.

Lack of regards she said? She lack respect herself, who supported her financially to cook that soup? abi your friend is a bum that's just out to eat free soup and clean mouth?

She's lucky , mine will not only walk away, he will throway that soup inside sink right in front of her eyes whether its her money or not.

I get it, courtesy demands to ask as a guest but hubby haba.

damiso: O ga o. People are reall touchy. undecided undecided undecided undecided
you have no idea, that's reality for you.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by bukatyne(f): 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
I guess because the wife only feels in charge in her kitchen. This talk of wife owning the kitchen is nonsense. Who owns the sitting room, the room or the bathroom? undecided

She should have waited until they are alone b/4 displaying this crazy attitude. She's not happy she has a man who is sensitive enough to even dish his soup sef. What if it was the type that would cross leg and be barking 'Iya B, where is the soup eh? Why are you so slow ke! Do you want me to die before my time ni?'

She should better apologize to him wella and crown it up with abunna! wink

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by damiso(f): 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2013
I taya o sis.On top soup.There are much bigger issues to face in marriage so am always suprised when people sweat the small stuff

When i was working full time,alot of times hubby would get home before me,take out soup from the freezer,boil rice or whatever and dish out for both of us.If he works late he serves himself from whatever he feels like in the freezer and microwaves it.

That said though people are different so maybe to some people its a big deal. undecided undecided
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Shakslayer: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
bukatyne: I guess because the wife only feels in charge in her kitchen. This talk of wife owning the kitchen is nonsense. Who owns the sitting room, the room or the bathroom? undecided

She should have waited until they are alone b/4 displaying this crazy attitude. She's not happy she has a man who is sensitive enough to even dish his soup sef. What if it was the type that would cross leg and be barking 'Iya B, where is the soup eh? Why are you so slow ke! Do you want me to die before my time ni?'

She should better apologize to him wella and crown it up with abunna! wink

Please, what is 'Abunna'? Is it a kind of soup too? wink
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by bukatyne(f): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
Shakslayer:

see kwestion o!

I am unmarried o!
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Shakslayer: 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
bukatyne:

see kwestion o!

I am unmarried o!

Same as i! Hence i need to know so when i get married, i won't be found wanting 'abunnawise'.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Wislet(f): 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
People are different, with different orientations and no one should be seen as odd because of it. Everyone on the planet can NEVER be the same. It is good to try to understand a character from whatever angle they may be coming from, and not act James bond 'all perfect' movie here. Some here criticizing her do worse.
As regards the op's question, let's see it from this angle.... Some women take great pride in their cooking. They get this satisfaction when,after taking their time to cook for their hubbies in particular, they get to dish it to him and watch his appreciation of the effort. I think what might have upset the lady was the brash manner in which the man decided she was 'wasting' his time and had to serve himself. That must have made her see it as unappreciation. The best thing would have been to tell her he was famished and ask for a speed up/at least get her approval to dish it. Men should understand that women are different. You don't just barge into her 'zone'.
As for those forming 'civilized', how many of your fathers/grandfathers ever went to their wives' kitchens to open the soup pot. They didn't because they respected it as their wives' 'office'.
I hope the ladies here trying to 'impress' men here won't be the types to tell their husbands to go serve themselves,''Afterall, it's a 'modern' world we live in''.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by armyofone(m): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
Shakslayer:

it is a kind of meaty meat chili soup some people use to quench hunger.

The first thing you serve is fufu and soup before water. In the North everything is on a tray before serving. Maybe wifey tried to make a statement by first setting fufu without soup grin, took time to bring the morning fresh (what's that?). Or maybe the soup wasn't done yet.
Maybe something else bugging her.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by bukatyne(f): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
Wislet: People are different, with different orientations and no one should be seen as odd because of it. Everyone on the planet can NEVER be the same. It is good to try to understand a character from whatever angle they may be coming from, and not act James bond 'all perfect' movie here. Some here criticizing her do worse.
As regards the op's question, let's see it from this angle.... Some women take great pride in their cooking. They get this satisfaction when,after taking their time to cook for their hubbies in particular, they get to dish it to him and watch his appreciation of the effort. I think what might have upset the lady was the brash manner in which the man decided she was 'wasting' his time and had to serve himself. That must have made her see it as unappreciation. The best thing would have been to tell her he was famished and ask for a speed up/at least get her approval to dish it. Men should understand that women are different. You don't just barge into her 'zone'.
As for those forming 'civilized', how many of your fathers/grandfathers ever went to their wives' kitchens to open the soup pot. They didn't because they respected it as their wives' 'office'.
I hope the ladies here trying to 'impress' men here won't be the types to tell their husbands to go serve themselves,''Afterall, it's a 'modern' world we live in''.

If the kitchen is the wife's zone,

Where is the husband's zone?

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by yuzedo: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
mayb d wive want to mix juju in side d foooood but d bros is to inpantient. We giv up!!! undecided
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by adexsimply(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
yuzedo: mayb d wive want to mix juju in side d foooood but d bros is to inpantient. We giv up!!! undecided
angry angry angry cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by BelovedN(f): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
I really don't get it.... What's the big deal in the husband serving himself. Na wa for some women and their beliefs o

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
Wislet: People are different, with different orientations and no one should be seen as odd because of it. Everyone on the planet can NEVER be the same. It is good to try to understand a character from whatever angle they may be coming from, and not act James bond 'all perfect' movie here. Some here criticizing her do worse.

What did you write? What is this?
This is your excuse for bad behaviour?
You people are razz o. . .

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by SisiKill1: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
stillwater: Tired of all these local stories.
Rotflmao!!! cheesy cheesy

Alls I'm tired of is stories painting all women as territorial beasts with no gumption....and the people. ...women who agree with them.

Kitchen Zone ko

Kitchen district ni.

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
stillwater:

You people are razz o. . .

Lol! There is hardly a day that passes on NL that I don't think this exact same statement to myself.

I'm reading this story and wondering where he met this villager of a wife?

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Rotflmao!!! cheesy cheesy

Alls I'm tired of is stories painting all women as territorial beasts with no gumption....and the people. ...women who agree with them.

Kitchen Zone ko

Kitchen district ni.

Apparently if you don't bark like a rabid dog you are trying to impress the guys here. See logic! Sisi these kind of beasts exist in Nigeria o. These Nigerian women need anger management for real. These are the kind of people that will put a mark on yam, or count the cups of rice so nobody can cook it when they leave the house, tehehe.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by damiso(f): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2013

Ok.We haf hear grin

One question though,there will inevitably be a time madam kitchen zone will be indisposed(before they say am cursing her,childbirth comes to mind i) how will oga eat if he is not allowed in her 'zone'?

1 Like

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2013

People are different alright and the fact that we have different orientation shouldn't be an excuse for unacceptable behaviour, our parents have lived their lives live yours.
Again stop making excuses for bad behaviours , enough references to 'orientation' to cover up bad behaviours.

And nobody is acting all Jason Stratum here either , speak for yourself and enough about other people's way of life in your comments , it reeks inferiority complex.

*Since she's jobless and don't have any tangible thing to occupy herself with except a pot of soup

*and that her yeye claimed zone

*and her unacceptable behaviour toward her hubby right in front of his friend to embarrass him

all those factors ^^ being her major priority in her marriage, I say it again , she is damn rude.

To answer your question; As part of the 'civilized' people here, my father probably expected a woman to serve him because she's solely dependent on him and thinks its her DUTY to serve him food not because it's her yeye office he solely built with his money
and besides if he wants the whole pot if soup on his Table so be it... His world, he rules it.

As for me, as long as somebody brings the damn food to the table WE don't really give a damn, we ain't petty, there's more to life. And yes that makes it a MODERN world.

No wonder men treat some women with no respect. Bunch of Boojjies.

Arrant nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by SisiKill1: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
stillwater:

Apparently if you don't bark like a rabid dog you are trying to impress the guys here. See logic! Sisi these kind of beasts exist in Nigeria o. These Nigerian women need anger management for real. These are the kind of people that will put a mark on yam, or count the cups of rice so nobody can cook it when they leave the house, tehehe.
Rotflmao!!!

Seriously. ...no joke, I just want to say to some people - RELAX!!!!!

Good God! The energy wasted on the most trivial issues is amazing. Let's not even talk about the repercussions.

Hubby isn't telling her to serve him a certain way (like making sure the cup is within reach or else), he isn't trying to show himself man of the house by commanding and demanding to be served chopchop or else and how does she react. ..she embarrasses him in front of his friend like some mama buka under the bridge who is calling her vulcanizer customers to order....all in the name of declaring the kitchen her zone.

Nooooooonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sisi Kill in her usual over sabi mode.
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by SisiKill1: 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2013
sihom: Sisi Kill in her usual over sabi mode.

Tee hee hee cheesy

@Jidegirl

Mami J....that was one hella write up. Thanks jare! kiss
Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
jidegirl12:

People are different alright and the fact that we have different orientation shouldn't be an excuse for unacceptable behaviour, our parents have lived their lives live yours.
Again stop making excuses for bad behaviours , enough references to 'orientation' to cover up bad behaviours.

And nobody is acting all Jason Stratum here either , speak for yourself and enough about other people's way of life in your comments , it reeks inferiority complex.

*Since she's jobless and don't have any tangible thing to occupy herself with except a pot of soup

*and that her yeye claimed zone

*and her unacceptable behaviour toward her hubby right in front of his friend to embarrass him

all those factors ^^ being her major priority in her marriage, I say it again , she is damn rude.

To answer your question; As part of the 'civilized' people here, my father probably expected a woman to serve him because she's solely dependent on him and thinks its her DUTY to serve him food not because it's her yeye office he solely built with his money
and besides if he wants the whole pot if soup on his Table so be it... His world, he rules it.

As for me, as long as somebody brings the damn food to the table WE don't really give a damn, we ain't petty, there's more to life. And yes that makes it a MODERN world.

No wonder men treat some women with no respect. Bunch of Boojjies.

Arrant nonsense
Haba jide girl easy,don't mind them.how I wish hubby can even learn how to make some soup except egwusi.I'm thinkin of escape root. I tricked him into doin semo and all those turnin turnin stuff,it can be tiring.he washes anything washable if he finds himself in d kitchen.after eating he will clean up everything unless I said I will do them maybe I'm still in d kitchen.u wan kill me b4 my time because of marriage? Abeg,d woman has serious issues. She better work on herself cos she will not find it rosy with such attitude.even b4 a visitor? So disrespectful,I must say.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? by lovelydoll: 1:20am On Jun 07, 2013
I don't know about her ,but i would be happy if my husband was craving my food enough to eat it early.I will feel so proud ,that my foo taste that good.

Anyways if they fight about that ,than they are in big trouble

(1) (2) (Reply)

Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. / I Need To Adopt A Baby Asap To Save My Marriage / Divorce Is Not The Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.