Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour (5679 Views)

Tonto Dike Shares Throwback Picture From Her Time In Secondary School / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde At Time Magazine's Gala Night in New York / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde On 2013 Time Magazine 100 Icon List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by ShackAttack: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-v3hdWA4RMoc/UbCF_1P7LqI/AAAAAAABv-0/LFvV8_7SuP8/s1600/url.jpg[/img]
In April 2013, screen goddess Omotola Jalade Ekeinde (pictured above with Justin Timberlake) was honored as one of Time Magazine 100 Most Influential People in the World. According to Omotola, it's an achievement that will forever linger in her memory. She tells Encomium magazine:

"It's a great honour. Sometimes you really don't know your worth and people around you may just take you for granted. I was selected for a number of reasons. From what I was told, they watch a lot of my movies up there. The person who wrote my profile is actually the movie critic for Time magazine. He had been introduced to some of my movies. He also got to know about my other activities, including human rights activism and others. They also conducted opinion polls from those that follow what's going on in Nollywood. I think the opinion of the organisers is based on this. I wasn't the only person picked from Africa. There was another guy from Egypt but he's white and lives in the US. He is a blogger. I was the only black African honoured and out of the 100 honorees, they only picked 20 of our portraits displayed in the Time Work of Fame, and my picture was there. Not only that, it was given the pride of place. One thin I noticed was that from the moment I stepped onto the red carpet, I was treated like a queen. I was on one of the best tables, sitting with US Vice President, Joe Biden and others. I think it was a good moment for Africa. It was one of the few moments I felt like Africa has arrived.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by HezronLorraine(m): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Wow.I feel honoured to be black and african.
She didn't buy the title with money.she was well observed.congrats girl.you stood up for something and its paid off.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by abuaoyen(f): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2013
Congrats dear! U deserve more.
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by DICKtator: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
The diva.
That a.s.$ though
still wanna go douggie on dat a.$.$
grin grin grin grin
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by yuzedo: 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
dis babe need to do juju to loooooook like rita dummynick pliss. she look like who hawk gini-fowl near ijora. (no ofence plis) angry
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Rhino5dm: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Are they on vacation? I mean, are the haters on vacation?.

I like this lady cool

1 Like

Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by tomakint: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
Good one there OMOTOLA! wink
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by DJDOLA(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Still on d matter...I can pay millions of naira just 2 touch omotola backside
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by SlyIg(f): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Haters gonna keep hating!
Omosexy is going places...
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Regiblinkz(m): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
Old news

1 Like

Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
This woman's career is high up in the stratosphere. Genny should buckle up and stop hating. Soon she'll stop acting as no one will be able to afford her in nollywood while she focuses on being a producer.
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by madanne4real: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
The day you gave someone a letter for Fashola to employ and he employs the jobseeker; the day you give someone a letter to the US embassy or the UK High Commission and the application is honoured, I will know you are truly influential. Examples of influential people are Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Emeka Anyaoku, "Obj-did I just mention that name". Don't mind me. I was just thinking aloud.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by oluwadare26(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
Thumbs Up to u Jare..those who feel u get urself the honour 2ru cash should go and hug the nearby transformer
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by oluwadare26(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Regiblinkz: Old news

Hammer the cursor on the Like Button if u know this guy is a Bad Belle...

7 Likes

Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by bheemz(f): 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
WOW!!!!!! omosexy u re so on point
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by karpentar: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
GEJ is working and full of blessings. 2015 guaranteed.
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Eneze1(f): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
congrats to u Omosexy
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
yuzedo: dis babe need to do juju to loooooook like rita dummynick pliss. she look like who hawk gini-fowl near ijora. (no ofence plis) angry

Contac t my eye doctor
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Blackgold09(f): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
maybach-music:

Contac t my eye doctor
give am d address or d phone number na
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by ozoemeka(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Wow.I feel honoured to be black and african.
She didn't buy the title with money.she was well observed.congrats girl.you stood up for something and its paid off.

Nigeria has a lot of talent, only thing is people dismiss nigeria simply because it's an african country, if you pay attention to the talents in nigeria you will see a lot of them are deserving of international recognition
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by opendo21(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Lesson learnt; whatever it is you are doing, Put your whole heart to it and do it well. Someone, somewhere will notice it Someday.
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Akshow: 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
madanne4real: The day you gave someone a letter for Fashola to employ and he employs the jobseeker; the day you give someone a letter to the US embassy or the UK High Commission and the application is honoured, I will know you are truly influential. Examples of influential people are Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Emeka Anyaoku, "Obj-did I just mention that name". Don't mind me. I was just thinking aloud.
mumu. Here your silly self talking. Envy is a bitter bile. Dont let it eat you up
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by albatross777(f): 6:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
TIME MAGAZINE is still a "PRIVATE ENTITY".
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by franca30(f): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
Congrats Omosexy, is nt easy dear,indeed hard work pays.
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by wemmieslim(f): 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
i jst love dis woman....
More oil to ur bossom...,
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by Mcleo007(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
madanne4real: The day you gave someone a letter for Fashola to employ and he employs the jobseeker; the day you give someone a letter to the US embassy or the UK High Commission and the application is honoured, I will know you are truly influential. Examples of influential people are Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Emeka Anyaoku, "Obj-did I just mention that name". Don't mind me. I was just thinking aloud.

You need to take your studies seriously and pay close attention to things that matter. Influence or influential is an English word and is readily seen in any dictionary in the world. A simple flip through would do you a lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by whitecat007: 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
My all time favorite actress, keep it moving joor!!
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by jemby: 2:43am On Jun 11, 2013
She's a success, nice 1 there omoT
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by biafranqueen: 2:50am On Jun 11, 2013
Like I said before she has done so much to help youth and the widows. I am so proud of you OmoSexy
Re: Omotola Talks About Her Time Magazine Honour by omar22(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Wow.I feel honoured to be black and african.

Was she the only African on the list...

(1) (Reply)

Didier Drogba And Family Win Appeal Against Acqua Nova / This Picture Of Wizkid Causing Controversy On The Internet / White Woman So Addicted To Tanning She Gets Mistaken For A Black Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.