Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur (6870 Views)

Wamakko To Service Chiefs, IGP: Resign Now For Dereliction Of Duties / Oby Ezekwesili blasts Nigerian lawmakers for “disrespecting” Okonjo-Iweala / Disrespecting The Office Of The President Is Not Good Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by ffo(m): 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
We Suspended Wamakko Because He Did Not Take Tukur's Calls - PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party has said it decided to suspend Governor Aliyu Wamakko because he refused to pick calls made to him by the party's national chairman, Bamanga Tukur.

In a statement released in Abuja today, PDP spokesman Olisa Metuh sought to explain why the governor was suspended.

He stated that Mr. Tukur had called to ask the governor to explain his recent comments, but that the national chairman was unable to get across to Mr. Wamakko.

Mr. Metuh also said the governor refused to respond to a query sent to him, but instead asked Bello Sokoto, the party’s then secretary for the state to reply on his behalf.

Mr. Metuh argued that Mr. Bello Sokoto was too junior in party ranking to have responded to Mr. Tukur.

In addition, Mr. Metuh stated that it was improper for Mr. Bello Sokoto to have used the official letter head of the state government in his reply.

Metuh’s full statement:

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) wishes to set the records straight on the reasons for the suspension of the Executive Governor of Sokoto State, His Excellency, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko as a member of the PDP.

The decision to suspend His Excellency, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko came after very wide and exhaustive consultations, in accordance with the provisions of the constitution of the PDP and in the overriding interest of the Party.

It is important to note that the reason for the suspension of Governor Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko predates the Nigeria Governors’ Forum’s election.

Sometime in early April, the leadership of the Party was concerned with the statements and conduct of the Governor whereupon the National Chairman placed several calls to draw the attention of the Governor to the matters concerned.

However, it was not possible for the National Chairman to speak with the Governor despite several attempts. The National Chairman thereafter vide a letter dated 12th April, 2013 requested an explanation to the NWC within seven days.

Instead of replying the National Chairman, Governor Wamakko directed the Sokoto State Secretary of the Party, Mallam Aminu Bello Sokoto to reply the National Chairman. The State party Secretary in a letter dated April 14, 2013 and on the official letterhead of the Sokoto State Government House, replied the National Chairman on behalf of the governor.

This amounted to gross disrespect and act of insubordination to a National Officer and a lawful organ of the party which is in violation of Articles 58.1 (c ), (h) and (m) of the PDP constitution which prescribed sanctions for any member who (c ) “disobeys or neglect to carry out lawful directives of the party or any organ or officer of the party”, (h) “engages in any conduct likely to cause disaffection among members of the Party or is likely to disrupt the peaceful, lawful and efficient conduct of the business of the Party” and (m) “fails, refuses or neglects to treat a petition, complaints or appeal timeously” respectively.

Nevertheless, the NWC, vide a letter dated April 17, 2013 kindly requested His Excellency, Dr. Aliyu MagatakardaWamakko to appear before it on the 8th of May, 2013 to clear the issues thereof.

The NWC also wrote to the State Secretary, Sokoto PDP, Mallam Aminu Bello Sokoto requesting explanations for his actions as a state party officer, in replying the National Chairman.

Regrettably, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko never honoredthe invitation and refused to respond in any way despite repeated invitations from the NWC, an action which is in clear violation of Article 58.1 (c), of the PDP constitution. In the same vein, the State Secretary, Sokoto PDP also refused to respond to the National Working Committee (NWC).

Consequently, the NWC at its 336th meeting held on May 22, 2013 suspended the State Secretary, Sokoto PDP Mallam Aminu Bello Sokoto and communicated the decision to him in a letter dated May 22, 2013.

The NWC thereafter extended yet another invitation to His Excellency, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko in a letter dated May 23, 2013 in which it requested him to appear before it on Wednesday, June 5, 2013 to clarify the issues.

Unfortunately, in complete disregard to a lawful organ of the Party, His Excellency, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko, instead of appearing before the NWC traveled out of the country on Tuesday June 5, 2013 without any form of response to the party.

The NWC frowned at this act of gross indiscipline and disrespect to the party and was therefore left with no other option than to invoke relevant articles of the PDP constitution in furtherance of the determination to enforce discipline at all levels within the Party.

We wish to state that the leadership of the Party has immense respect for all elected and appointed political office holders and in the same vein expects all political office holders to reciprocate by respecting the constitution and lawful organs of the Party upon which platform they hold office.

The NWC hereby restates that no individual or group within the party is, and must be seen to be above the constitution and lawful organs of the party. All party members are under the rule of the constitution of the party and must so abide.

Signed

Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/we-suspended-wamakko-because-he-did-not-take-tukurs-calls-pdp

2 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by 234GT(m): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
Tukur should have sent an SMS when the governor did not pick his call.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2013
Like it or not there will be no PDP in 2015 : tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2013
Whatt i cant believe this,he didnt pick his call and that warranted a suspension crazy party

4 Likes

PDP needs to purge all insubordinated governors out of the party into EFCC waterloo and drain them to the recycle bin called APC. Last I checked, rubbish politicians from PDP always end up in APC, ask Hell-Rufai and the rest.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Pita99(m): 9:38am On Jun 07, 2013
234GT: Tukur should have sent an SMS when the governor did not pick his call.
Exacly.....PDP can be stupid sometime or maybe most times
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by lacasa: 9:41am On Jun 07, 2013
They will implode smiley
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Omen100(m): 9:41am On Jun 07, 2013
Pdp self..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by gbanikiti(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2013
Am sure the network was busy that's why he didn't pick his calls. you can never trust our network providers. grin
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by dotreal4life: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2013
This is total madness. If a father calls his son and the son does not pick his phone, the father
will disown his son? They should have looked for a better reason. Money has blocked their brains
hence they can't think right again.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by abujalapdog(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2013
Billyonaire: PDP needs to purge all insubordinated governors out of the party into EFCC waterloo and drain them to the recycle bin called APC. Last I checked, rubbish politicians from PDP always end up in APC, ask Hell-Rufai and the rest.

I see it with you!
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Intrepid1(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2013
Did they try tweeting at him? Or Facebook messages? Or Whatsapp? Or just going to his damn office to see him?

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by searay(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2013
Just like Seun and The Mod(both Super and the weak) will suspend me here when I inoutsult them.
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Silva79(f): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2013
More suspension plz. Our prayers don dey answer,all of 'em must scatter. Useless party d oppositions inclusive.

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by abujalapdog(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Pita99: Exacly.....PDP can be stupid sometime or maybe most times

Its so sad if that is all you people saw in the content of the story... How about the letter sent to him? He has been sent several invitation an he refused now you all are blindly defending him.

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by searay(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2013
Then why didn't the governor flash or call after seeing the miss call?

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Silva79(f): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2013
But wen a governor steals our money they dont suspend them na becoz he refused to pick him calls na him make them suspend am,abi? Chai we don enter one chance!! SMH.

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by aglomar: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2013
Are you a teenager?

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by fitzmayowa: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2013
I dey laff oooo

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by elpatch(m): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2013
The next would be......I rem now lamido for pasting his postals in complete disregard to the party.rubbish!
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by ebioloye1: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2013
now i see reason why Governor Oshiomhole wipe them out from Edo State,
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by miqos02(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2013
na wa oh
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:21am On Jun 07, 2013
What kind of rubbish is this??

Is Tukur his wife?
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Suljosh: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2013
Billyonaire: PDP needs to purge all insubordinated governors out of the party into EFCC waterloo and drain them to the recycle bin called APC. Last I checked, rubbish politicians from PDP always end up in APC, ask Hell-Rufai and the rest.
R.E.T.A.R.D.E.E.N! I can see you don't wish this country well. Tell me the achievement of PDP since they have been in power for the past 15yrs? Oloshi.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Afolabs101: 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013

Most of the PDP Governors have some level of independence and are therefore "insubordinate" like you mentioned. So when PDP goes ahead to suspend them for:

1- Not reinstating a LGA Chairman that was removed by the State Assembly, a matter that is still in court.
2- For not responding to the party chairman in the correct manner, a point that can clearly be argued as the Chairman was responded to.

It means that most other Governors will be suspended, as well as all other party members who have a view or opinion that's not in agreement with the Chairman and President. PDP will then be a party with power at the centre only.

With regards to the EFCC, the last two presidents have done a good job at completely weakening it. EFCC is no longer a threat. An example being Orji Kalu and the other former Governors whose corruption trials started six years ago, who are still free to contest for any political office they aspire to.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Poiniyipbu: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2013
ayswags: Whatt i cant believe this,he didnt pick his call and that warranted a suspension crazy party

What do you expect from a particular deppressed party (pdp)? Moreover this form of madness exists in almost all the political parties(political maggots) in this blessed country of ours.
I am tired of pdp and I am totally fed up when I see Tinubu, El rufai and Buhari in the Apc. May God raise up a better choice come 2015 .Amen
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by ritux: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2013
I am a big supporter of PDP but I keep wondering why they haven't suspended OBJ for anti party activities

2 Likes

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by 1025: 10:43am On Jun 07, 2013
Afolabs101:

Most of the PDP Governors have some level of independence and are therefore "insubordinate" like you mentioned. So when PDP goes ahead to suspend them for:

1- Not reinstating a LGA Chairman that was removed by the State Assembly, a matter that is still in court.
2- For not responding to the party chairman in the correct manner, a point that can clearly be argued as the Chairman was responded to.

It means that most other Governors will be suspended, as well as all other party members who have a view or opinion that's not in agreement with the Chairman and President. PDP will then be a party with power at the centre only.

With regards to the EFCC, the last two presidents have done a good job at completely weakening it. EFCC is no longer a threat. An example being Orji Kalu and the other former Governors whose corruption trials started six years ago, who are still free to contest for any political office they aspire to.

orji uzo kalu is not a good example rather our first lady is. she has a case file with efcc under ribadu yet she flaunt herself all over the place.
what we have under this pdp is a type of democracy i call "military democracy".
we will not have any way forward no matter what they score themselves and their defenders can only tell us they are trying their best.
nigerians cannot watch matches played by super eagles for first time an administration has refused to give us the only source of joy we have.
no security anywhere and military everywhere.
no work, no roads, no good schools, no hospitals, no light and poverty everywhere.
it is a big shame that in the presence of all these, they score themselves high.
Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2013
ritux: I am a big supporter of PDP but I keep wondering why they haven't suspended OBJ for anti party activities

Easy... All men are born equal, but not all PDP members!

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by texazzpete(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2013
abujalapdog:

Its so sad if that is all you people saw in the content of the story... How about the letter sent to him? He has been sent several invitation an he refused now you all are blindly defending him.

If it is ok for Labaran Maku to represent GEJ at a public function, why then is it a crime for the State party secretary to respond to Tukur on behalf of the Governor?
The important thing is that the letter written back to Tukur is the official position of the State Governor on that query. Whose fault is it that that old, decrepit PDP chair cannot consider the content of the message and instead go on an ego trip because a 'small boy' wrote that reply.

Shebi they said politicians are public servants? Next time Jonathan sends Labaran Maku or Stella Oduah to go and make a speech on his behalf in a University, maybe we should start calling for his impeachment. Nonsense.

The Presidency has been going around saying it was perfectly OK for Ambassador Gbenga Ashiru to present nigeria's statement to the African Union in Addis Ababa. Maybe the AU should have suspended Nigeria for daring to send a mere Ambassador to address a gathering of Presidents. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by Inik(m): 11:17am On Jun 07, 2013
Insurbodination is an offence and it should be treated as such. I think internal democracy and rule of law is working in pdp.

1 Like

Re: PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur by killuminati(m): 11:22am On Jun 07, 2013
shocked omo I dey laff dey shyte ooooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Obiano Is Transforming Anambra / Zainab Ahmed: AfDB Should Step Up Job Creation Efforts / Insecurity: Buhari Disregarded Nigerians By Refusing To Meet NASS - Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.