Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark (16534 Views)

Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / Problems Of Nigeria Cant Be Solved In A Day- APC / Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 07, 2013
The President of the Senate, David Mark, on Thursday said those beating the drums of war ahead of the 2015 elections, should realise that no nation survives two civil wars.

Mark said this in Abuja while addressing his colleagues during a special plenary session to mark the end of the Second Legislative Session of the 7th Senate.

He said, “Those beating the drums of war should realise that no nation can survive two civil wars in one lifetime.

“These trends must stop, and we must all remember that the nation is greater than the sum total of its parts.”

Mark said this just as he lashed out at elected public officeholders whom he accused of abandoning governance in pursuit of their personal ambitions ahead of the elections.

According to him, the vaulting personal ambitions among politicians was over-heating the polity and distracting officeholders from the onerous task of governance.

Mark said, “Elections are two clear years away, yet the collision of vaulting personal ambitions is over-heating the polity and distracting the onerous task of governance.

“Overheating the polity is unnecessary, diversionary, divisive, destructive, unhelpful and unpatriotic.”

The Senate President used the occasion to recall critical interventions by the Senate in terms of national crisis during the year under review.

He listed Senate’s support for the war against terrorism by providing the legislative support for the declaration of a state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.

Mark explained that the Nigerian Armed Forces were not at war with the communities in which the terrorists had entrenched themselves, nor were they at war with Islam.

The war he said was with Boko Haram and its affiliates, especially the terrorists’ network preaching the ideology that violence against Nigerians and foreigners was justified.

Mark equally stressed the need for the military to quickly dispense with the operations of the emergency rule and defeat the insurgents with minimal damage.

He said, “The military campaign against violent extremism, both at home and abroad must be quick, surgical and precise with as little collateral damage as possible. We know that the foe is faceless, unyielding, unreasonable and more often than not blinded by zealotry.

“This notwithstanding, we expect our fighting men and women to respect and abide by the rules of engagement.”

He maintained that the nation could not afford to be in a permanent state of war, adding that Nigerians were eagerly awaiting a quick, but decisive victory.

Speaking on the executive and legislature’s relationship, Mark said the Senate resisted any attempt to cast the legislature as a rubber stamp, but recognised the complementary and collaborative role it plays with the executive branch as long as it was in the best interest of Nigerians

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-cant-survive-another-civil-war-mark/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2013
He said, “Those beating the drums of war should realise that no nation can survive two civil wars in one lifetime.

I hope when the war comes those people asking for it will pick their arms to fight not run away like someone I know of !

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:38am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I hope when the war comes those people asking for it will pick their arms to fight not run away like someone I know of !
u mean the chest-beating arrogant gorillas?
dnt bother asking, allow history to speak

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2013
grin Let's fight! tongue I don ready my troops. Musiwa I hope you own troops are ready??

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2013
War or not, Nigeria was dead on arrival.

Nigeria is a child of colonialism, her existence is nothing but a proof that we are still under the task of the colonial masters.
It is the whiteman that called me Nigerian!
I have a choice to answer Nigerian or not.

War or not, Nigeria will not survive. It is just a matter of time.

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Willywilly4: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Stop panicking small boy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2013
Willywilly4:
Stop panicking small boy

Panic how ?

The war didn't even get to my region in the past,so why should I be scared now ?
Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by IGBOSON1: 11:47am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

^^^And i hope when the war comes those people asking for it will stand and fight like a man; not begging for help from abroad, and not thinking they can circumvent the 'rules of engagement' to target defenceless women and children....basically shooting at everything that moves!

Cheers. smiley

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Garrithe1st: 11:57am On Jun 07, 2013
Ibos are still weeping from the effects of the Biafra war.... While Ojukwu, Achebe and other Ibo elites came out unscathed, millions of Ibo kids and women who weren't there when the war was declared lost their lives.

Ojukwu's wives, children ad family members fed fat while biafran children starved to death to be used as bargaining chips and propaganda tools. The children who died weren't the ones who beat the war drums...were they??

Ojukwu, Achebe and other big men got their properties and money after the war, but the ordinary people got only 20pounds..

Asari, Boyloaf, Ateke, Tompolo etc are enjoying dividends of their militancy. Juicy contracts, political patronage etc, but the people of Odi, innocent men, women and children who lost their lives are gone for good, while the region remains in abject poverty and neglect. Thousands of Niger Deltans lost their lives, but those who beat the drums of war survived to tell the story and even enjoy a better life for self and cronies afterwards..

Those who beat the war drums aren't the ones who suffer when it starts!!

I have spoken!!!

A Wise word is all the fool deserves to hear!!

Hon. Garri (Rtd)

Ofrickilokoto II of Orhuwhorun....

cool cool

59 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by 1025: 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
neither are we surviving ur corruption under this corrupt pdp lead govt. some wars are better than what nigeria has been experiencing since 1999.
if possible, let us fight this war once and for all so that those who survive it will live a better live.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Garrithe1st: 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
1025: neither are we surviving ur corruption under this corrupt pdp lead govt. some wars are better than what nigeria has been experiencing since 1999.
if possible, let us fight this war once and for all so that those who survive it will live a better live.

I took note of the bolded.

So who exactly is fighting who??

What are they fighting for??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Willywilly4: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Panic how ?

The war didn't even get to my region in the past,so why should I be scared now ?
The coming war is going to be the last battle, moment of truth in this Devil paradise.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Willywilly4: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

i'm surprise you don't know your enemy, well when the ignition is on, hopefully you will identify your enemy.
Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Sibrah: 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^And i hope when the war comes those people asking for it will stand and fight like a man; not begging for help from abroad, and not thinking they can circumvent the 'rules of engagement' to target defenceless women and children....basically shooting at everything that moves!

Cheers. smiley
you mean like aiming at soon-to-be-mothers and starving children?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by 1025: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

there is an already existing war between the poor and the rich, the politicians and the masses, the rulers and ruled, the haves and the have nots, those with abuja contacts and those without, the government and governed. those feeding on the public funds and the public themselves, those who school abroad, attend hospital abroad and those home based, the armed and the helpless, the powerful and the powerless.
uncle, the war can be between any of the two groups. if u see soldiers all over the place, it is a great indication of war. if ppl kill others in dozens, there is a war. if govt buries ppl en masse, there is a war. if nigerians die on daily basis because of wickedness of those animals in charge, there is a war. i have been opportune to be in more than 10 different countries of this world and i v never seen their soldiers parade the streets like they do here if there is no war.
whatsoever u fear in life is what kills u easily. nigerians are afraid of death and that is why we die in hundreds on daily basis. don't u know these beasts know that we are not ready to die and they are capitalizing on that.
even the bible says it openly; FROM THE DAYS OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, THE KINGDOM OF GOD SUFFERETH VIOLENCE AND ONLY THE VIOLENT TAKETH IT BY FORCE.
we must be ready to die for us to live. fear does more harm than good.
why are few nigerians sitting on the wealth of the nation for ever and tell us the disadvantages of war.
how long has david mark been in power? can't he make room for another nigerian to be rich if politics is the best way to be rich? why must it be the tukurs, yar aduas, obasanjos, annenihs all time? where is the change we always talk about? rulers are not changing and so are their ideas and the end result is always the same. it is only a fool that does the same thing always and expect a different result.
something must be done differently for us to get a different result.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by IGBOSON1: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sibrah:
you mean like aiming at soon-to-be-mothers and starving children?

^^^I believe Adekunle can explain the process better!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Okijajuju: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Says who?

angry

Chukwudi, je na room, wetem my double Barr..
[img]http://immortalteddybear.files./2011/08/home-alone.gif?w=549[/img]

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Willywilly4:
The coming war is going to be the last battle, moment of truth in this Devil paradise.
same arrogance ur fathers displayed dt leaves a sour taste in the buds of you children! Won't u allow ur own children rest?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by kingsle66(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
That's their problem...i believe no real Igbo man will want to fight war again. SNC all the way after Nigeria Govt plan A and B Fail.
Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Adex097: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
This one wey everybody dey talk about war, how much be a room apartment for Benin republic?
#relocation things#

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Panic how ?

This time its going start from there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
wake me up when it starts
Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by debetmx(m): 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st: Ibos are still weeping from the effects of the Biafra war.... While Ojukwu, Achebe and other Ibo elites came out unscathed, millions of Ibo kids and women who weren't there when the war was declared lost their lives.

Ojukwu's wives, children ad family members fed fat while biafran children starved to death to be used as bargaining chips and propaganda tools. The children who died weren't the ones who beat the war drums...were they??

Ojukwu, Achebe and other big men got their properties and money after the war, but the ordinary people got only 20pounds..

May God bless you and your generation.

The CAN president is telling the GEJ to arrest Buhari. Need I remember people that he has a private jet. When it happens he will be the first to run into exile

Asari, Boyloaf, Ateke, Tompolo etc are enjoying dividends of their militancy. Juicy contracts, political patronage etc, but the people of Odi, innocent men, women and children who lost their lives are gone for good, while the region remains in abject poverty and neglect. Thousands of Niger Deltans lost their lives, but those who beat the drums of war survived to tell the story and even enjoy a better life for self and cronies afterwards..

I have spoken!!!

Hon. Garri (Rtd)

cool cool

God bless you and your generation.

Need I remind people supporting CAN president to arrest Buhari that Oritsejafor has a private jet. When it happens now, he will abandon his flock and run into exile like someone we know

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Willywilly4: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: same arrogance ur fathers displayed dt leaves a sour taste in the buds of you children! Won't u allow ur own children rest?
The only relationship and common thing i have or share with you is the colour of our skin nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
With this kind of governance of massive corruption,unemplyment. They should expect something worse than that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Akpan107(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

In case of any WAR, the SS and SE are going to collectively stand and fight. Take Note: incase of any war, we are more prepard than before... We are going to fight it till the division of this Country called Nigeria.
The coming of GEJ has made us to understand so many secret thing about this country, and we are not going to take it anymore. Things must change after the end of GEJ's tenure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by marvelousabah(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by henroe2k2(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nigeria has always bn a setup by the British colonial master to continue their neo-colonial activities!
When its evident that the north, east and west has nothng in common, why were they brought together?
Since the western world hv vowed never to end colonialism, lets see what they hv to offer this time around.
Nigeria is dead and buried already.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by kcjazz(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dear Mark as a retired general you know nothing cos my brothers on NL especially, will fight with their keyboards while based in America and Lagos. They would rather blame the civil war for the lapses in development than their leaders who feed fat, fight each other and support whoever has the money. tongue
Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by emmanuel4758(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st: Ibos are still weeping from the effects of the Biafra war.... While Ojukwu, Achebe and other Ibo elites came out unscathed, millions of Ibo kids and women who weren't there when the war was declared lost their lives.

I have spoken!!!

Hon. Garri (Rtd)

cool cool
u dey beg wit style go and tell ur yoruba brodas to find der own crude cus very soon poverty go wire oduduwa men

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Garrithe1st: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
1025:

there is an already existing war between the poor and the rich, the politicians and the masses, the rulers and ruled, the haves and the have nots, those with abuja contacts and those without, the government and governed. those feeding on the public funds and the public themselves, those who school abroad, attend hospital abroad and those home based, the armed and the helpless, the powerful and the powerless.
uncle, the war can be between any of the two groups.

Nice points!!

Sadly, many folks believe that the enemy is up north. These ones forget that the real enemy lives amongst them, speak their dialect and smiles at them every day. These are the Governors, Senators and Lawmakers who have chosen to enrich themselves at the expense of the suffering poor.

Instead of looking within for the enemy, many focus on those from other ethnic groups or political leanings. These ones I see as blind people whose eyes have been eaten out by the worms of ethnicity and partisanship. Such ones will dance when war drums are sounded, but end up suffering as they'll be caught in the middle of a war they never really understood talk-less of preparing for...

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Survive Another Civil-War – Mark by Garrithe1st: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Akpan107: In case of any WAR, the SS and SE are going to collectively stand and fight. Take Note: incase of any war, we are more prepard than before... We are going to fight it till the division of this Country called Nigeria.
The coming of GEJ has made us to understand so many secret thing about this country, and we are not going to take it anymore. Things must change after the end of GEJ's tenure.

*Ranting*

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hypocrisy: The Nigerian Definition / 'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Ambode Presents N852.316bn 2019 Budget To House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.