Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Hell's Best Kept Secret - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell's Best Kept Secret (6499 Views)

The Best Kept Secret About Addiction / Religious Man Has Kept His Hand Raised For 38 Years (PIC) / HELL's Best Kept Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
uvalued:

thank you... now that the law is a schoolmaster for sinners to point them for the need of a SAvior.. not for the righteous... therefore i dont need the law anymore but to grow in His grace and truth...

Did you still need the knowledge you acquired and learnt in your elementary school since you moved on to higher education?

uvalued:

can you share what signs and wonders have followed you after you started exposing the sinner's schoolmaster? such as raising the dead, visible miracles like the apostles did?

Whatever signs and wonders that have followed me is all to the glory of God and not for me to gloat about. Without Jesus I cannot do anything. If am to boast at all my boasting is in the Lord Jesus Christ who died to pay the penalty of my sin. He rose again so that I may live in the newness of life. Halleluyah!

"Nothwithstanding, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven" (Luke 10:20).

The question you should be asking yourself is: Is your name written down in heaven?
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Wilgrea7:

claimed by the Bible.. and other religious books

other religions have this claim

refer to points above

So if I claim that President Trump is in the White House because I looked into the White House would you still say that is circular reasoning? undecided
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Did you still need the knowledge you acquired and learnt in your elementary school since you moved on to higher education?

Whatever signs and wonders that have followed me is all to the glory of God and not for me to gloat about. Without Jesus I cannot do anything. If am to boast at all my boasting is in the Lord Jesus Christ who died to pay the penalty of my sin. He rose again so that I may live in the newness of life. Halleluyah!

"Nothwithstanding, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven" (Luke 10:20).

The question you should be asking yourself is: Is your name written down in heaven?

great response but one question still... since its beta to know your name in the book of life than miracles... my question is IF you erred like be angry with your brother or any sin at all and no time to make restitution and Christ suddenly appears...will such sin be counted against you and then your name will be blotted from the book of life?

thanks for engaging me...
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
kkins25:
hell is a myth

there is no incarceration... prison or jail... guess i will live like a kidnapper or killer and no court can put me in no prison and i will walk calmly on the street even if am wanted by the police
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
Wilgrea7:

the muslim doesn't have the monopoly of anything.. Mohammed does.. the hindu doesn't have the monopoly of anything.. Krishna does

everyone should be entitled to his or her own experience..

now you've shifted from experience to doctrinal issues.. doctrinal issues that different denominations disagree on.. virgin birth etc

are you a miracle hunter?

all these were claimed in the bible with the tag of “jesus said"... someone wrote something claiming “jesus said".. it may be true.. it may be false.. there are also books outside the bible claiming Jesus said

wrong

let me start by saying this.. religion does not equate to God.. there are tons of people claiming to create the universe but we both believe in the judeochristian God.. ok.. but you believe all information concerning him is given by the jews and all information given by the jews is true.. therefore you believe their letters to be the only representation of God.. but i don't.. also.. Jesus whom you claim to follow.. Yahshua .. there are many beliefs about him.. your son co equal God coming to judge the earth in the sky and all is just one of the beliefs.. if you can convince me that the Jesus you portray is the same as the historical Jesus, I'd follow you to take the Nicene creed invented around 300ad

you just been vague to say the least. you requested and he itemise his point...

why not bring forth something you consider authentic in the bible and i would show you its parallel in another religion that is also considered authentic

and from your vast reading of books of most religion, i expected you to show with link. you just could not.

care to be specific as he has bought forth his points why he chose the WAY over no ways
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by Wilgrea7(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
uvalued:

you just been vague to say the least. you requested and he itemise his point...

and from your vast reading of books of most religion, i expected you to show with link. you just could not.

care to be specific as he has bought forth his points why he chose the WAY over no ways

the points he brought forth hold premises that are bound to favour only his choice.. its like rigging an election before it even holds
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2017
Wilgrea7:

the points he brought forth hold premises that are bound to favour only his choice.. its like rigging an election before it even holds

wow but you gave him the ground to prove you wrong which he gladly did not just something but not a few and sadly you had no answer for them in ANY religion thus proving his points on the uniqueness of His SAVIOR AND LORD...

why not bring forth something you consider authentic in the bible and i would show you its parallel in another religion that is also considered authentic

ken4christ
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by Wilgrea7(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2017
uvalued:

wow but you gave him the ground to prove you wrong which he gladly did not just something but not a few and sadly you had no answer for them in ANY religion thus proving his points on the uniqueness of His SAVIOR AND LORD...

ken4christ

this is my point.. you can't prove that a religion is supreme over all religions by using premises from the religion of your choice because it will only favour the religion you chose.. its not about giving premises.. its about giving right ones.. the bible cannot be used as a yardstick to determine Christianity as the true way because the Koran and Vedas can be used to determine Islam and Hinduism respectively as the true way.. its like trying to find out who among the monkey, fish, elephant and dog is the “best" animal and then you give them a tree to climb as a test.. you can already see that the test will only favour one animal.. the premise must be something that all the different religions can stand on.. that's my point
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2017
Wilgrea7:

this is my point.. you can't prove that a religion is supreme over all religions by using premises from the religion of your choice because it will only favour the religion you chose.. its not about giving premises.. its about giving right ones.. the bible cannot be used as a yardstick to determine Christianity as the true way because the Koran and Vedas can be used to determine Islam and Hinduism respectively as the true way.. its like trying to find out who among the monkey, fish, elephant and dog is the “best" animal and then you give them a tree to climb as a test.. you can already see that the test will only favour one animal.. the premise must be something that all the different religions can stand on.. that's my point

you have a point but your initial post

gives your above idea away... you allowed him to be subjective which he gladly took and he gave u.

it was an open ended request with no objective test that is why he gave his worldview and asked you to show based on his.

using your best animal analogy, you can see that you have negated yourself... you initially wanted to use other religion to prove the non-uniqueness of Christ Jesus and His way... so you have failed.
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by Wilgrea7(m): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2017
uvalued:

you have a point but your initial post

gives your above idea away... you allowed him to be subjective which he gladly took and he gave u.

it was an open ended request with no objective test that is why he gave his worldview and asked you to show based on his.

using your best animal analogy, you can see that you have negated yourself... you initially wanted to use other religion to prove the non-uniqueness of Christ Jesus and His way... so you have failed.

that was my reply to him when he tried to prove that Christianity had the monopoly of certain things.. my reply was telling him that no religion has the monopoly of anything over all other religions

1 Like

Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
Wilgrea7:

that was my reply to him when he tried to prove that Christianity had the monopoly of certain things.. my reply was telling him that no religion has the monopoly of anything over all other religions

well as far as am concern this quote gave you away that you couldnt match up your challenge with a credible reply after he gave you his "something from the bible"

Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49am On Sep 11, 2017
uvalued:

great response but one question still... since its beta to know your name in the book of life than miracles... my question is IF you erred like be angry with your brother or any sin at all and no time to make restitution and Christ suddenly appears...will such sin be counted against you and then your name will be blotted from the book of life?

thanks for engaging me...

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

The more reason you should stay in fellowship with God and the brethren who are in fellowship with Him and by so doing His blood cleanses us from all sin.
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29am On Sep 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

claimed by the Bible.. and other religious books

other religions have this claim

refer to points above

This is not just a claim it has been proven. See the thread that addresses this point of inerrancy.

https://www.nairaland.com/4045891/dont-originals-how-argue-inerancy
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by Uyi168: 6:35am On Sep 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

..Beautiful
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by Wilgrea7(m): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

This is not just a claim it has been proven. See the thread that addresses this point of inerrancy.

https://www.nairaland.com/4045891/dont-originals-how-argue-inerancy

thank you.. i went through the link.. it talks about inerrancy.. saying we mustn't have the original first before decaring inerrancy.. there are few hasty generalizations there but I'll leave it because i don't wish to derail the thread.. the thread is about hell.. is there any thing you'll like to debate relating to the OP?
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

thank you.. i went through the link.. it talks about inerrancy.. saying we mustn't have the original first before decaring inerrancy.. there are few hasty generalizations there but I'll leave it because i don't wish to derail the thread.. the thread is about hell.. is there any thing you'll like to debate relating to the OP?

From the OP what don't you agree with? undecided
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 1:49am On Sep 14, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

The more reason you should stay in fellowship with God and the brethren who are in fellowship with Him and by so doing His blood cleanses us from all sin.

so you are saying that even though you are in fellowship with God and the brethern, you can/may still commit sin(s) but because of the above fellowship, the blood of Christ will cleanse you from such sin(s).
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
uvalued:

so you are saying that even though you are in fellowship with God and the brethern, you can/may still commit sin(s) but because of the above fellowship, the blood of Christ will cleanse you from such sin(s).

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1 John 1:5-7).

If you are in fellowship with God you will not walk in darkness.

1 Share

Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by uvalued(m): 4:29am On Sep 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1 John 1:5-7).

If you are in fellowship with God you will not walk in darkness.

after looking at your picture of the above verses. i saw it was not the complete picture and this is what i added... IF we in the LIGHT, we are not in DARKNESS and in the light, ALL SIN the blood of Christ cleanses us.. queation WHERE did ALL SIN come from that the blood of Jesus cleanses us EVEN when we are in the light wink

Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
uvalued:

after looking at your picture of the above verses. i saw it was not the complete picture and this is what i added... IF we in the LIGHT, we are not in DARKNESS and in the light, ALL SIN the blood of Christ cleanses us.. queation WHERE did ALL SIN come from that the blood of Jesus cleanses us EVEN when we are in the light wink

You have a choice to disengage your fellowship with Jesus and dwell in darkness but if you choose to continue in fellowship with God you will come out of the darkness confessing your sin and the blood of Jesus will cleanse you.
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37am On Jan 15, 2018
I often go through the Ten Commandments to help people see that they need God's forgiveness. Some people say that they've never lied, stolen or even lusted. If you are in that category, you should know that the Ten Commandments are summed up in just two—loving God and loving your neighbour as yourself. If you love God, you will put Him first, have no other gods before Him, never use His Name in blasphemy and you will keep the Sabbath holy. If you love your neighbour, you will never lie to him, steal from him covet his property, commit adultery with his wife, or murder him.

It gets even worse for us when we realize that loving God isn’t a mere lip service. It means to love Him with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength. Do you do that? And to love your neighbour as yourself is more than a cake given over the neighbour's fence.

Jesus summed up the moral Law's command to love everyone in the story of the "Good Samaritan." The Samaritan found a man beaten and robbed. He bathed his wounds and transported him to an Inn, and told the Inn-keeper that if the man spends anything, the Samaritan would cover the bill. Do you love God and every other person to that degree? If you have failed even once, then you have fallen short of keeping the Law. Add to that your lies, lust, greed, rebellion, unthankfulness, blasphemy, fornication, envy, pride, and a multitude of sins we all have, and you have a tiny glimpse of the serious nature of your sins. You need a Saviour to wash them away and save you from death and Hell. For details on how to get everlasting life, see -> www.NeedGod.com Test

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort5 15 January 2014 ·
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23am On Nov 24, 2018
www.livingwaters.com

IF YOU WANT TO REACH THOSE YOU LOVE WITH THE GOSPEL, READ THIS...

Now and then I'm criticized because I preach to those who have hard hearts. This, they say, is casting "pearls before swine."

Pigs place no value on pearls. They are just self-indulgent animals whose only thought is for food. So the self-indulgent sin-loving sinner sees no value in the precious pearl of the gospel. It has no benefit to him.

A millionaire is sitting on a small plane working on a new money-making angle. Under his seat is a parachute. He shows no interest in it. All that interests him is making more money. Suddenly the plane begins to go down and he’s filled with fear. How much will he now value that parachute? He would give all he owns to possess it, because without it he will lose his life.

So it is with the Savior. Christ crucified for the sin of the world is of no interest to the sinner. It is irrelevant. But there is something that will change his mind about its value. It is the moral Law. It will show him that his life is in terrible danger, and when he has that realization, the gospel will make sense and will be greatly valued.

Here now is why there is contention from the "You are casting pearls before swine" folks. The modern preacher sees no difference between the Law and the gospel. In fact, to him the preaching of the Law (as Jesus, Paul, and the Apostles did—Mark 10:17, Romans 2:20, etc.) has no basis in scripture. He doesn't know that its God-given function is to show the sinner his danger (Romans 3:19,20, 7:7, 7:13). The moral Law diagnoses the disease of sin, while the gospel is the cure.

So when I'm preaching to a hard-hearted sinner I know that he's not even slightly interested in the gospel. I know that he needs the Law to make the gospel make sense, while the modern preacher solely preaches the gospel (which the sinner sees as irrelevant), and so the preacher moves on--not wanting to cast his pearls before swine.

Again, the hardened sinner doesn't need to hear the gospel, he needs to hear the Law to bring the knowledge of sin and his impending danger. It will help him see the value of the precious pearl of the gospel.

For further teaching on this subject, listen to www.HellsBestKeptSecret.com and then "True and False Conversion."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort5 23 November 2014 ·
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25am On Dec 30, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Hell's best kept secret.
Re: Hell's Best Kept Secret by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42am On May 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

www.livingwaters.com

IF YOU WANT TO REACH THOSE YOU LOVE WITH THE GOSPEL, READ THIS...

Now and then I'm criticized because I preach to those who have hard hearts. This, they say, is casting "pearls before swine."

Pigs place no value on pearls. They are just self-indulgent animals whose only thought is for food. So the self-indulgent sin-loving sinner sees no value in the precious pearl of the gospel. It has no benefit to him.

A millionaire is sitting on a small plane working on a new money-making angle. Under his seat is a parachute. He shows no interest in it. All that interests him is making more money. Suddenly the plane begins to go down and he’s filled with fear. How much will he now value that parachute? He would give all he owns to possess it, because without it he will lose his life.

So it is with the Savior. Christ crucified for the sin of the world is of no interest to the sinner. It is irrelevant. But there is something that will change his mind about its value. It is the moral Law. It will show him that his life is in terrible danger, and when he has that realization, the gospel will make sense and will be greatly valued.

Here now is why there is contention from the "You are casting pearls before swine" folks. The modern preacher sees no difference between the Law and the gospel. In fact, to him the preaching of the Law (as Jesus, Paul, and the Apostles did—Mark 10:17, Romans 2:20, etc.) has no basis in scripture. He doesn't know that its God-given function is to show the sinner his danger (Romans 3:19,20, 7:7, 7:13). The moral Law diagnoses the disease of sin, while the gospel is the cure.

So when I'm preaching to a hard-hearted sinner I know that he's not even slightly interested in the gospel. I know that he needs the Law to make the gospel make sense, while the modern preacher solely preaches the gospel (which the sinner sees as irrelevant), and so the preacher moves on--not wanting to cast his pearls before swine.

Again, the hardened sinner doesn't need to hear the gospel, he needs to hear the Law to bring the knowledge of sin and his impending danger. It will help him see the value of the precious pearl of the gospel.

For further teaching on this subject, listen to www.HellsBestKeptSecret.com and then "True and False Conversion."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort5 23 November 2014 ·

Someone commented, (in reference as to how we should share our faith) “I ask ‘Do you know Jesus?’ I do this mostly when I feel led by the spirit, and the person is eager to know about Jesus. If they do not, or are not interested they usually leave quickly, which I cannot control, but am happy for the ones who are open and ready to hear the word.”

I would like to address the above sincere answer, and in doing so I hope I don’t offend the person who wrote this.
First, I never feel led by the Spirit. I am a child of God and the Bible says that because of that I’m led by the Spirit whether I feel Him or not (see Romans 8:14).
I have been commanded to go into ALL the world and preach the gospel to EVERY creature (see Mark 16:15) so why should I wait for feelings? If I went by what I feel I wouldn’t open my mouth, because most of the time all I feel is fear.

Second, we can “control” whether or not people are interested by how we approach them. If I walked up to strangers and asked “Do you know Jesus?” I’m sure I wouldn’t get to share the gospel with many unsaved people. The Bible says that sinners love the darkness and hate the light, so if I want to bring light to them I must do it in gentleness. If someone is in total darkness and I shine a flashlight into his eyes, I shouldn’t be surprised if he is offended.

I prefer to follow the example Jesus gave with the woman at the well. He spoke to her of natural things first (water), then He deliberately swung to the spiritual, and then He used God’s Law to bring a knowledge of sin (7th Commandment).

For further teaching on how to do this, freely listen to “Hell’s Best Kept Secret” on the right side of the Home Page on www.livingwaters.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort5 20 May 2014 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does Catching A Tortoise In A Dream Signifies / Exclusive: The Messy Details Of Pastor Chris’ Divorce / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.