Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? (50414 Views)

2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi? / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by jahlove4jah: 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
Nonywendy: The only money i saved was dat 2 months allawi dey paid us on our passing out ie 39600....i served in calabar. Cost of living dia na die plus flexin etc. *Ekaette and edikaikong*

cross kopa

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by jahlove4jah: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
on point
ayobase: Income

Allowee (total): N236,400

Expenses

-Tithe: N23,640
-Investment(partnership):N15,000
-Laptop, Charger and gadgets fixing: N40,000
-Fuel: N15,000
-Transportation: N30,000
-Give out: N25,000
-BIS and recharge cards: N30,000
-Provisions, foods and the likes: N55,000
-Hair Cut: N5,000
-Pure Water: N10,000
-Kulikuli and Tiger nut*: N3,000

I just estimated those, some are more than what I calculated!

I never mention stationery, CDS money matter, clothing, 'flexing', gadgets, ijekuje and the likes o.

Remember that we were on a contract of about N250,000 with the FG for one year.

Can you tell me how much u spent within a year while in School?

God forbids poverty mentality!

My motto is "always live a day at a time, and never worry (fear) about tomorrow"

Congrats to those that saved while serving.....environments matter though.

Nothwithstanding, I would have saved about N100,000 if I wasn't using Laptop, gadgets, phone and generator.

Even, would have saved more if I wasn't eating much, and not being too classy!

And what about if I didn't like giving my money out in terms of help.

I could go on and on, but the question remains, did u spend ur money wisely?

Money is meant to solve problems, if u saved without solving the problems, then you are gonna use the 'saved' to solve later....SIMPLE!

I LOVE COMFORTABILITY!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
Well, i was able to put away N120,000 in savings. Knowing fully well my temperament to matters of the nature under review, i projected before my service year had started effectively that this will not be possible, unless i indulged in some form of disciplined savings. To ensure that this goal was accomplished, i took out an insurance policy contract which i serviced with a monthly premium of 10k, all year round. Looking back now, i must admit this was by no means an easy exercise. I know a friend who took a similar measure, but was unable to follow through till the end. I believe that tells the story, completely. Although, i must mention that in my own case, i still got 5k from my ppa on a monthly basis; plus, i was a facilitator with pmpi - having impressed in the certification exams scoring 170 points out of a possible 200. This position meant that i travelled on any weekend when i was on schedule to lecture our trainees in parts of ondo, osun and ekiti state. I am hoping that when my mutuals mature by the end of the month and i get paid, part of the sum will go for a new tecno n3, a fairly used blackberry bold2 and a cheap hp laptop, for my use. Whatever is left of the sum, 40-50k as i project, will be helpful for welfare sustenance, till i am able to tie down a well paying job. And, hopefully that period will not tarry beyond the period my budget balance could take!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by chygoz3(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
konvict0111: Well, i was able to put away N120,000 in savings. Knowing fully well my temperament to matters of the nature under review, i projected before my service year had started effectively that this will not be possible, unless i indulged in some form of disciplined savings. To ensure that this goal was accomplished, i took out an insurance policy contract which i serviced with a monthly premium of 10k, all year round. Looking back now, i must admit this was by no means an easy exercise. I know a friend who took a similar measure, but was unable to follow through till the end. I believe that tells the story, completely. Although, i must mention that in my own case, i still got 5k from my ppa on a monthly basis; plus, i was a facilitator with pmpi - having impressed in the certification exams scoring 170 points out of a possible 200. This position meant that i travelled on any weekend when i was on schedule to lecture our trainees in parts of ondo, osun and ekiti state. I am hoping that when my mutuals mature by the end of the month and i get paid, part of the sum will go for a new tecno n3, a fairly used blackberry bold2 and a cheap hp laptop, for my use. Whatever is left of the sum, 40-50k as i project, will be helpful for welfare sustenance, till i am able to tie down a well paying job. And, hopefully that period will not tarry beyond the period my budget balance could take!
Wow i'm impressed. Especially with how well you write.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Shugamania(f): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
This thread is really encouraging.
Am a batch A corper and I've started saving already, although it's still very small...hoping to increase it with time.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by teelacruz(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ama prospective Batch B and my plan is to save @least 50k bcoz I like to flex wella. My prayer is just that I won't be posted to d likes of calabar, Delta or any place where d living expenses dey high. South West (Osun/Ogun) s my desire

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
chygoz3: Wow i'm impressed. Especially with how well you write.
. Thanks for the compliment and for finding the time to read through my post. I'm grateful!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
. Thanks for the compliment and for finding the time to read through my post. I'm honoured!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ayobase(m): 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2013

U took the sentence out of my thought!
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
Why can't they just push this to the front page for goodness sake?! And tonto's topic are on front page. Mtcheww
they can just modify the topic for corpers in general.
I'll be serving this batch b, i need(and many others) need to know and learn from other people's experience. For someone like me, i don't like suffering myself or be stingy to myself, but in btw dat, i want to be able to save and learn how to.
@ konvict. Which insurance company?? how was the insurance package like?? And which state did you serve. This sounds interesting. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2013
ayobase:

U took the sentence out of my thought!
Thanks, I am encouraged.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2013
booqee: Why can't they just push this to the front page for goodness sake?! And tonto's topic are on front page. Mtcheww
I'll be serving this batch b, i need(and many others) need to know and learn from other people's experience. For someone like me, i don't like suffering myself or be stingy to myself, but in btw dat, i want to be able to save and learn how to.
@ konvict. Which insurance company?? how was the insurance package like?? And which state did you serve. This sounds interesting. grin
Niger insurance, my dear. There isn't so much to expect in terms of the return, as you only get 1% interest on what is the proposed target sum. In my own case, that was 120k. If u apply 1% on that sum, it gives just a meagre N1,200. So, you can already see for yourself that this is not worth the while in terms of the ROI. Yet, this measure was my saving grace, if u consider that there are family members who also want to have a piece of the cake and so many other restraining factors. I will be willing to answer more questions to shed light on any matter of both personal and mutual concerns. Lest i forget, i served in ondo state. I hope this helps?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
^^ whoa 1% interest rate is so small. Bt i prefer ds system to just saving it in bank, where u myt be tempted to withdraw. Bt i assume u must av other source of income, cos i dnt see how u survived on d remaining 9k. And d state allowance
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
And thanks konvict, u've bin of help. When i knw my state and ppa, i'll have more qst
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 17, 2013
booqee: And thanks konvict, u've bin of help. When i knw my state and ppa, i'll have more qst
Alright, then. I wish u the best.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by imolekan: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2013
booqee: Why can't they just push this to the front page for goodness sake?! And tonto's topic are on front page. Mtcheww
Dis fantastic topic is still lying idle. Mod. kindly push dis Topic to front page.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by CrazyMan(m): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2013
Its been modified and now on the suggestion list...so hopefully, it should make the front page.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by emmahoney(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2013
I served in ebonyi state, ishiagu,ivo local gov area. the state is under developed. food stuffs are very expensive, accommodation goes fo 2k per month. no filling station, so one litre of petrol goes for 150naira as well as kerosene. although saving wasn't easy there but i was determined to save and that made me to save 130k.i even both mtn modem fo 5.5k and bold4 for 29. the state still owe me 30k. some of u might be wondering how i was able to save such amount. i took part in jamb extral moral class,one other evening adult schl teaching, waec exams etc plus self discipline.now i want to purchase m.sc form from ui soonest. mind u where i served they do give us electricity 15hrs in a day (the electricity is being supplied by crush rock company) because they are breaking granite in dat locality,so they provided them with electricity in return. they told us not to use d power with appliance like cooker which i turned my deaf ears to.this tremendously helped me a little in saving. pls wise up, u can do beta. i was targeting 200k and above but i couldn't make it 'cos of their standard of living compared to my state, osun.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2013
mission: to save 200k
Let's see how it goes by the time i'll pass out February, 2014. *E no go easy o*
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ITbomb(m): 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
How person go save N9,950.
The money finished within the week
Na extra hustling and allowance from my PPA I bin dey take survive.
Add to the harsh environment of Calabar with beautiful tinz blocking ur views wherever u turn. I had to help them

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by tconfi: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
it is not easy to save ooooo
but the wise one will always strive to save
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ennainot(f): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
@ OP,please the word is 'allowee' a corruption of the word allowance not alawe. You are welcome! :-)
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by lafuria1(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
I saved nothing. I spent everything, yes, unfortunate I say. During my service year, the mmoment I receive my allawe, someone will ring that he needs help, or my laptop will develop a fault of different kind, or mumsi insist I buy stuffs for my younger ones. I hardly could save. But the reality was, I was never disciplined enough to save. You actually can save but just know it won't come easy.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by skyluv2000(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
cheesy allowee, stipend it's just for upkeep, not for anyother adventure.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Charlestotle(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
ayobase: Income

Allowee (total): N236,400

Expenses

-Tithe: N23,640
-Investment(partnership):N15,000
-Laptop, Charger and gadgets fixing: N40,000
-Fuel: N15,000
-Transportation: N30,000
-Give out: N25,000
-BIS and recharge cards: N30,000
-Provisions, foods and the likes: N55,000
-Hair Cut: N5,000
-Pure Water: N10,000
-Kulikuli and Tiger nut*: N3,000

I just estimated those, some are more than what I calculated!

I never mention stationery, CDS money matter, clothing, 'flexing', gadgets, ijekuje and the likes o.

Remember that we were on a contract of about N250,000 with the FG for one year.

Can you tell me how much u spent within a year while in School?

God forbids poverty mentality!

My motto is "always live a day at a time, and never worry (fear) about tomorrow"

Congrats to those that saved while serving.....environments matter though.

Nothwithstanding, I would have saved about N100,000 if I wasn't using Laptop, gadgets, phone and generator.

Even, would have saved more if I wasn't eating much, and not being too classy!

And what about if I didn't like giving my money out in terms of help.

I could go on and on, but the question remains, did u spend ur money wisely?

Money is meant to solve problems, if u saved without solving the problems, then you are gonna use the 'saved' to solve later....SIMPLE!

I LOVE COMFORTABILITY!
saving witout sending to ur siblings? Saving witout eating good food,saving witout getting new clothes like a potential Job seeker, ....savers are nt better dan debtors....invest!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Cabme(m): 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
alawe alawe alawe hw many times. gud for galz, ghost kopas, and guys who lv family house a.k.a aka gum guys. for me i used my alawe for my babi bd, personal cdz and my younger one education.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Mr9iceGuy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
Nice one, I share the same xperience with you. I only spent the allowance that I got in camp, the rest including the Bicycle allowance are chilling like Gulder in my NYSC bank account. Dont ask me how to spend it.:......... Hmmmmmm may be use it to marry my Ikaite haahahah

ujchief: N19,800 x 11 = N217,800.
That's what I saved. Except the first allowee that was paid at camp, I didn't go to bank once to touch that NYSC account. Well, it was easy for me b'cos I had somewhere I was doing a secondary assignment cheesycheesy so it will be wrong to measure other corpers savings with mine.

As for my plans for the cash, I've already paid N50k for NISP safety professional course (levels 2 and 3) starting on monday thru friday at ph. After this, I will still find other professional courses to enroll with the cash, and maybe pick my Msc form with it.

Trying to empower myself with the cash so when I remember my service year, I wouldn't say it was a waste.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
While serving 3years ago, our alawee was 9750 or so, my office paid 7000. My elder sis taught me to have an 'ATM less' account for dumping spare cash. So every month from my alawee I saved 5k, then I did one job for d office and was paid 60k, I saved 20 or so..
At d end of my nysc I had 80k in d account...
Right now, I have a policy of saving 20% of my income and it has really helped me...
Ps, I served in abuja and it was not easy, thank God for NCCF...

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Franky9584(m): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
Anyway, i thank God dat i went, i saw and i conquerred. How much i saved z immaterial so long as i came bk sound n healthy. As 4 those dat saved million, its ok bt may they hv uncles,broda,boyfrnd/girlfrnd,aunty,fada,moda etc dat do sent dem money even as they serve. My own case was d oda way round as i do sent money home instead. So me n u who saved more?

8 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by abY2: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
was able to save 101k in Aba, and i still flexed a bit.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by demmy55(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
scad: mission: to save 200k
Let's see how it goes by the time i'll pass out February, 2014. *E no go easy o*

I just watched Mission Impossible 4 last week, still waiting for mission impossible 5. Lol wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) / Imam Rafiu Olalekan: Missing Corper In Lagos (Photo) / My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.