Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? (50415 Views)

2012 Batch C, How Much Did You Save From Your Alawi? / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Ezegozie(m): 11:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
wordsplay:
Its way past febuary bro, how was it? Lolz.....mission accomplished?

dis got me laughing...
nice question though!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by wordsplay(m): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2014
Ezegozie:

dis got me laughing...
nice question though!
. Lols!!! Am jst curious to know how far with the dude. The kind zeal him carry no be small thing
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 22, 2015
Nice topic
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by akaahs(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
Save were, i did'nt save anytin but sha i use d money 4 my PGD programe. Thank God 4 my savin year.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2015
for real? Methinks to a large extent savings depend on ur location, ppa, etc. Some ppa wil afford u ample opportunity to hustle around *if u know what i mean*. I'm currently a batch A corps member in south south. Savings no easy oh, seriously but make we dey hope.

Av been reading some of your comments and they are all matured.you are my mentor on this forum.i like ur cool head sir.cheers
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by butanep(m): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2015
ujchief:

I was already working before I went for service. I worked my service to a convenient PPA and made proper arrangements to ghost it and returned to my work. It wasn't that easy, but it worked quite alright.
That means you are n't a corper... We are talking about full time corper...
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by butanep(m): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2015
Opiosko:
Thanks guys, u all have really bless me. I got some invaluable advice here. Going to camp in 4 weks time. Am targeting 500k nd upward. Thank nd God bless u all.
Nor be only 500k... Make up target 1million... How much is your total allowance?

Get to camp n come out first before you start building castle in the air...

By the time you rent accommodation, transport, feed n do little outing... you will know where you are? Except you re planing to serve in a company that will pay you up to 50k...

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by butanep(m): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2015
ayobase:
I surely picture what kind of person he or she is!

N150K?
So he/she spent like N70K for a whole year.
That like N6K every month!

We are different sha!
Hmmmm!

How did he\she do it... except the person is bloody stingy to his or her self...
I don't move with such kind of persons ooo... I used my money to cook good food, eat very well and go out when am bored...
I save the little I can... I can't have money n die oooo

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by butanep(m): 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
odavo:
if U dey save alawii 2 tynz r involved, is eida U dey work during service or jus go dull during service
You are right bro...

Why will I have money without fun... I know a guy that never went out during his service year because he thought he will spent his alawee... I pity the guy sometimes because of his boring state...

The money comes... save the one you can n use the rest 4 ur self...
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by butanep(m): 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
I saved 400k

My PPA paid me nothing less than 33k every month, depending on the no. of days I turn up for work.

NYSC paid 19,800k every month.

I bought some gadgets, suits, registered with NCS, CPN, ISMN, and Paid for my Msc fees and still buying textbooks.

Explain how or else I don't believe... don't come here to show yourself...You be manager where you dae work abi you nor dae eat or go out?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ayobase(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2015
butanep:
....... I can't have money n die oooo

that is the main point.
as far as planning against 2moro is in motion, today shouldn't suffer.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by butanep(m): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
ayobase:

that is the main point.
as far as planning against 2moro is in motion, today shouldn't suffer.
I tire oooo.... I will save what I can but not to the detriment of my body...

I won't suffer in sch n come to service n still suffer...

Abeg ooo... I must enjoy my service yr...

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
this topic inspired me,despite no state allowance here in rivers state,i was able to make it here,we b14 corpers re just two months away from passing out,crazyman n yokiti please help move this topic to fp again,it will inspire so many corpers especially those currently in camp ahead of the service year

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by CrazyMan(m): 7:43pm On May 07, 2015
osemu8:
this topic inspired me,despite no state allowance here in rivers state,i was able to make it here,we b14 corpers re just two months away from passing out,crazyman n yokiti please help move this topic to fp again,it will inspire so many corpers especially those currently in camp ahead of the service year
Scroll up to the views, you'll notice a star beside it. That's to show that the thread has graced the home page before. Secondly its on the NYSC library so anyone who wants to access it can easily go to the NYSC library.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 06, 2015
I will try and save up and start up something because apart from God,there is no other person that will help

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Ihinmi(m): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
konvict0111:
Well, i was able to put away N120,000 in savings. Knowing fully well my temperament to matters of the nature under review, i projected before my service year had started effectively that this will not be possible, unless i indulged in some form of disciplined savings. To ensure that this goal was accomplished, i took out an insurance policy contract which i serviced with a monthly premium of 10k, all year round. Looking back now, i must admit this was by no means an easy exercise. I know a friend who took a similar measure, but was unable to follow through till the end. I believe that tells the story, completely. Although, i must mention that in my own case, i still got 5k from my ppa on a monthly basis; plus, i was a facilitator with pmpi - having impressed in the certification exams scoring 170 points out of a possible 200. This position meant that i travelled on any weekend when i was on schedule to lecture our trainees in parts of ondo, osun and ekiti state. I am hoping that when my mutuals mature by the end of the month and i get paid, part of the sum will go for a new tecno n3, a fairly used blackberry bold2 and a cheap hp laptop, for my use. Whatever is left of the sum, 40-50k as i project, will be helpful for welfare sustenance, till i am able to tie down a well paying job. And, hopefully that period will not tarry beyond the period my budget balance could take!
please how true is pmpi training course
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ihinmi:

please how true is pmpi training course
Kindly allow for a few hours, I'll revert back to you on this.

I'm a bit busy right now.
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Ihinmi(m): 7:23am On Nov 30, 2015
konvict0111:
Kindly allow for a few hours, I'll revert back to you on this.

I'm a bit busy right now.
am still waiting
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by ireneidiva(f): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2015
akaahs:
Save were, i did'nt save anytin but sha i use d money 4 my PGD programe. Thank God 4 my savin year.
'Savin'? Please are you a graduate?
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Odunharry(m): 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
Na money mk no reach anything and make no complete sef man want save??

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ihinmi:

am still waiting
First, let me offer apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry. In the consideration of which professional certification to undertake to either develop or enhance one's career, best bet is to first determine what your career objectives are and simply use same as your decision criteria for making judgments.

That said, I would like to assure that the pmp certification is a genuine career and personal development programme that is recommendable for a young career person.

Just make certain that you register with an accredited body and volunteer to be part of a project work where the occasion presents itself.

Be informed that it's not one of those certifications, such as ICAN, ACCA, CFA and so on that could offer instant competitive advantage in the labour market, but you will find it helpful as you develop within the ranks in your chosen career field. This may even be much better if you get the chance to participate in projects meetings and work in the course of your career.

You may please revert in case this response fails to meet your requirements, or, alternatively furnish specific details regarding your backgrounds and what opportunities you are looking to key into to assist me in providing a custom response for that purpose.

In the meantime, allow me to wish you the best in your every pursuit.

To our success!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Ihinmi(m): 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
konvict0111:
First, let me offer apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry. In the consideration of which professional certification to undertake to either develop or enhance one's career, best bet is to first determine what your career objectives are and simply use same as your decision criteria for making judgments.

That said, I would like to assure that the pmp certification is a genuine career and personal development programme that is recommendable for a young career person.

Just make certain that you register with an accredited body and volunteer to be part of a project work where the occasion presents itself.

Be informed that it's not one of those certifications, such as ICAN, ACCA, CFA and so on that could offer instant competitive advantage in the labour market, but you will find it helpful as you develop within the ranks in your chosen career field. This may even be much better if you get the chance to participate in projects meetings and work in the course of your career.

You may please revert in case this response fails to meet your requirements, or, alternatively furnish specific details regarding your backgrounds and what opportunities you are looking to key into to assist me in providing a custom response for that purpose.

In the meantime, allow me to wish you the best in your every pursuit.

To our success!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by hugochuks60(m): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Mmmmmm! I av read enough write ups, even those earning #9770 that said they saved up to 230K n 120k. The truth is that if u multiply all d #9770 by 12, u will get a figure lower than 120k not to talk of 230K, n this only applies to those who will not touch a dime out of d allowie. Lets be realistic here. Even d modern day corpers earning 19.8k cant save up to 230k frm dat allowy. Its either u av sometin else giving u income of nt less than 10k per month, or u av well established relatives, certainly u can not save nysc money up to that amt, its not salary but stipend.
Also note, in nigeria of 2day, it will be wise if u invest or train ursef wit the litle savings u make out of ur stipend, this will make u a better person after service, rather than save foolishly n still remain at d same level or worse than u were before service. If u feed, pay rent n transport n electricity bills, buy rechge cards, etc frm allowie, hw much z left?
Poverty is lack of ideas n not actually lack of money. Its a thing of d mind.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 11, 2016
I served in abuja[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] and I saved over 300k...

My dear, it was not easy ooooo...I worked my ass out...

I worked night shift, morning shift, weekend duty, public holidays etc...

I also had massive fun and I bought some properties and used some to settle down in my new job...

The only regret I have is neglecting my fellowship with God for work/money....

Looking back and I thank God for Nysc...

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Odunharry(m): 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
keppyy:
I served in abuja[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] and I saved over 300k...

My dear, it was not easy ooooo...I worked my ass out...

I worked night shift, morning shift, weekend duty, public holidays etc...

I also had massive fun and I bought some properties and used some to settle down in my new job...

The only regret I have is neglecting my fellowship with God for work/money....

Looking back and I thank God for Nysc...

nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:40am On Jan 16, 2016
Mehn I'm suprised how people could save so much from 19800, as a student in unizik, even my monthly stipend from popsy was slightly above the current allowee & it still wasn't enough gan for my expenses. Momzy always helped to cover my shortfalls with her own lil contribution..... E come be 19800 wey people dey save even upto 150k, choiii,.......this nysc "mmadu ga ata ahuhu"

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by digitalbabalawo(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by iamBlissA(f): 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
I have served for 9 months now n I only have 30k in my account... Chain

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by survLordmayor(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
iamBlissA:
I have served for 9 months now n I only have 30k in my account... Chain
16b i guess, is not easy to save this period unlike 2013 when this thread was created due to hike in price (inflation) of commodities, transport fare, gas, food stuff e.t.c. let me just say we are recession victim's corper

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? by Rotadbd: 12:48am On Jul 29, 2017
butanep:
Nor be only 500k... Make up target 1million... How much is your total allowance?

Get to camp n come out first before you start building castle in the air...

By the time you rent accommodation, transport, feed n do little outing... you will know where you are? Except you re planing to serve in a company that will pay you up to 50k...
50k Kwa? I guess he must be related to the Acting president, only then can he be posted to such place if it ever exist.
Contact us for your beaded jewelry now!
Competitive wholesales price available for resale.... If you've got the market, we've got the speed and skill to satisfy...!!!
SEND WHATSAPP MESSAGE HERE OR
Call: +2348030420155
#NationwideDelivery

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) / Imam Rafiu Olalekan: Missing Corper In Lagos (Photo) / My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.