Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? (6862 Views)

PHOTO: Koro And Amaechi Hugging Themselves At Aso Villa... Enemies Indeed / Koro And His Thugs On Their Way To Alimosho For Last Minute Rigging / That Rude Boy Called "KORO" Lacks Respect For Elders - Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
Senator Musliu Obanikoro's profile is visibly on the rise. A grassroot politician who have served as a Chairman Lagos Island Local Govt, Commissioner between 1999-2003 under Tinubu's Administration, Senator 2003-2007 and Nigeria's Ambassador to Ghana 2007-2012. Popularly Known as KORO, he was born in the year 1954, and happily married with Kids. By the sound of KORO, every political opponent shivers. This is a man who stood up against the tyrannical Tinubu, Olabode George, Ogunlewe among others and TRIUMPHED over them. Many thought KORO was finished politically when he NARROWLY lost Lagos Gubernatorial election in 2007, KORO bounced back. This was evident in the last LGA election when KORO led the state chapter of PDP to give the incumbent party a run for their money. Allegation of electoral fraud by the ruling party in collaboration with the State's Electorial Commission marred the election results in virtually every ward. KORO is loved by the grassroot in Lagos State. KORO is loved by every sections of PDP. Despite the propaganda against his person, KORO has no SINGLE criminal case or corruption case against him. The Opposition always use the infamous burning of City Hall orchastrated by chatalans against him. Lagosians are yearning for a change, for populist policies to be implemented and they've lost faith in ACN led Govt. Being a grassroot person, KORO hold the key to Liberation, at the mention of KORO, the opposition shivers. Truly, No one knows Lagos like KORO, KORO is the man.

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Gbawe: 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by doncaster(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
O dear, when did it get to this level?
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
doncaster: O dear, when did it get to this level?
Please help me ask him. Too many kids on NL these days
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by superior1: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
The answer is NO! to your question

3 Likes

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
superior1: The answer is NO! to your question
objectively tell me why no sir?
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Maxymilliano(m): 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Koro ke?
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Maxymilliano: Koro ke?
yes KORO, are you scared that He'll boot out ACN from Alausa in 2015?
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by jaso1(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
barcanista: yes KORO, are you scared that He'll boot out ACN from Alausa in 2015?

Nothing bad having you and your family alone que behind him come 2015. Koro of all indeed!
You this political lobber dont even know what a well organise civil evinroment entail! This nairaland is harbouring stupid talk.

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by keeeem: 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Dreamerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ala ti ko le se
...lol
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Gbawe: 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
doncaster: O dear, when did it get to this level?

What level? Do you never laugh at inane propositions?
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by superior1: 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
PDP isn't a party majority of Lagosians will want in helm of affairs at the Federal level talk-less at state. Koro belongs to the circle of vultures which the SW is hoping to chase out of power only God knows where you got your 'they've lost faith in ACN led Govt' assertion. Then talking of grassroot politics, can you compare him with Aregbesola.

I think you over-rated Koro's relevance and ability in Lagos

barcanista: objectively tell me why no sir?

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Gbawe: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
barcanista: Please help me ask him. Too many kids on NL these days

You are the only kid for putting up what you did here. I could only respond with laughter because Obanikoro is as worthless as they come. A total political 'airhead' not even in the reckoning these days being touted as "the real messiah of Lagos State". On reflection, don't you find your own utterance laughable?

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Gbawe: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
superior1: PDP isn't a party majority of Lagosians will want in helm of affairs at the Federal level talk-less at state. Koro belongs to the circle of vultures which the SW is hoping to chase out of power only God knows where you got your 'they've lost faith in ACN led Govt' assertion. Then talking of grassroot politics, can you compare him with Aregbesola.

That is why I laughed. How can anyone who knows on-the-ground politics and even Obanikoro himself talk so inanely? Look at the OP's laughable title where he wonders whether Obanikoro is "the real messiah for Lagos State". If that is not totally hilarious then I don't know what is.

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
superior1: PDP isn't a party majority of Lagosians will want in helm of affairs at the Federal level talk-less at state. Koro belongs to the circle of vultures which the SW is hoping to chase out of power only God knows where you got your 'they've lost faith in ACN led Govt' assertion. Then talking of grassroot politics, can you compare him with Aregbesola.

I think you over-rated Koro's relevance and ability in Lagos

hehehehe i laugh at your assertions. It seems you've allowed your biased mind for the ACN blocked your sense of reasoning. Who lost faith in PDP? the Same PDP that Won LG elections only to be rigged by your ACN,thank God the Judiciary made pronouncement upturning some result. My Friend which circle does KORO belong to? are you dreaming? Those who understand Lagos politics knows that the cancer in LAGOS PDP is Bode George and KORO isn't in same camp with him. The PDP in Lagos is now united unlike in the past. As for ACN, their days in Alausa is numbered, the grassroot will venge their anger on them during the polls for their anti-people policies. Telling Okada that you won't ban them because of votes, then turn around to ban them after election is INSINCERITY. should KORO declares His ambition, He'll sweep the votes. People now understand the fraud of Acn led govt and Need alternative. If for anything, analyse the results of the last Council poll. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by ba7man(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Not a lot of people are feeling Koro"s buzz...I mean no one's exactly excited to generate a topic on him.....except maybe the @OP......"Saviour"??.....no.
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by superior1: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
barcanista: hehehehe i laugh at your assertions. It seems you've allowed your biased mind for the ACN blocked your sense of reasoning. Who lost faith in PDP? the Same PDP that Won LG elections only to be rigged by your ACN,thank God the Judiciary made pronouncement upturning some result. My Friend which circle does KORO belong to? are you dreaming? Those who understand Lagos politics knows that the cancer in LAGOS PDP is Bode George and KORO isn't in same camp with him. The PDP in Lagos is now united unlike in the past. As for ACN, their days in Alausa is numbered, the grassroot will venge their anger on them during the polls for their anti-people policies. Telling Okada that you won't ban them because of votes, then turn around to ban them after election is INSINCERITY. should KORO declares His ambition, He'll sweep the votes. People now understand the fraud of Acn led govt and Need alternative. If for anything, analyse the results of the last Council poll. Cheers

Time to join Gbawe
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
jas_o:

Nothing bad having you and your family alone que behind him come 2015. Koro of all indeed!
You this political lobber dont even know what a well organise civil evinroment entail! This nairaland is harbouring stupid talk.
i guess it was my family that massively voted KORO's son in the last LGA poll. PDP won landslide in the VICINITY of your ACN strongman Tinubu. Lagos is now appreciating PDP, PDP is now better and stronger in Lagos. In truth, ACN is OVERRATED
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
ba7man: Not a lot of people are feeling Koro"s buzz...I mean no one's exactly excited to generate a topic on him.....except maybe the @OP......"Saviour"??.....no.
i'm sure election isn't won and lost on nl. Test of popularity is done through opinion poll. being a grassroot person, i can tell you that on the street of Lagos, PDP/KORO's popularity is on the rise.
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by thomason: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
barcanista: i guess it was my family that massively voted KORO's son in the last LGA poll. PDP won landslide in the VICINITY of your ACN strongman Tinubu. Lagos is now appreciating PDP, PDP is now better and stronger in Lagos. In truth, ACN is OVERRATED

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lwkmd. You are just too funny, maybe you are talking about Accra, Ghana where Koro resides.

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by ba7man(m): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
barcanista: i'm sure election isn't won and lost on nl. Test of popularity is done through opinion poll. being a grassroot person, i can tell you that on the street of Lagos, PDP/KORO's popularity is on the rise.
Trust me.....you're one of the very few people on NL and in reality that think he's on a rise.
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by boron10(m): 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Koro of all people. OP you dull sha
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by byteem: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
HOW MUCH IS KORO PAYING YOU.. BETTER TELL NAIRALAND NOW.. BECOS IF U INTEND DOING PR WORK FOR HIM DIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST PLACE TO START.. AGREED LAGOSIANS ARE TIRED OF ACN .. BUT WE RATHER STICK WITH THE BLUE SEA THAN PITCH OUR TENT WITH THE DEVIL..EVEN IF ACN MUST GO THE ALTERNATIVE IS DEFINITELY NOT KORO.. THAT CHIEF TOUT...MSCHEEW..

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
I had a good laugh.
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Gbawe: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
superior1:

Time to join Gbawe
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin Very funny man the OP.

The sad truth is that Obanikoro is one of those who thinks he has a divine right to be a political leader yet has no capacity or talent whatsoever to excel at it. I cannot even consider him a mediocre politician let alone do anything but roll around laughing when someone touts him as "the messiah for Lagos State". What an insult to the concept of Nigeria having political talent. Obanikoro Ko Oba Otudeko ni .

3 Likes

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
hehe i laugh. KORO's achievements as Chairman, Ambassador and Senator speaks for him. Tinubu knows that should KORO declare for 2015, ACN will be kissing Alausa goodbye.
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin Very funny man the OP.

The sad truth is that Obanikoro is one of those who thinks he has a divine right to be a political leader yet has no capacity or talent whatsoever to excel at it. I cannot even consider him a mediocre politician let alone do anything but roll around laughing when someone touts him as "the messiah for Lagos State". What an insult to the concept of Nigeria having political talent. Obanikoro Ko Oba Otudeko ni .
The Gospel truth is KORO is among the few that is capable of wrestling power from the incumbent party. You can attest to me that KORO have the charisma and political strenght. A man that helped his Son to win chairmanship seat in the turf of ACN political leader.
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Gbawe: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
boron10: Koro of all people. OP you dull sha

Indeed. Obanikoro could not even distinguish himself as the Nigerian Ambassador to Ghana. The embassy, despite being small, was badly and inefficiently run. The toilet outside, if you ever need to use the loo while there, will make you throw up. How can any decent administrator head such filth? I would personally ensure my personal surrounding is perfectly acceptable to all as proof I believe charity begins at home !!

lord knows the number of dealings I have had with the Nigerian embassy in Ghana, during Koro's time there, only to come away with the distinct impression of the damage 'dashed token appointment' is doing to Nigeria. Everybody knows the Ambassador job was 'compensation' to koro for his loss. Yet he stunk badly at such an unchallenging appointment and now someone is proclaiming him the "messiah of Lagos". To be honest, there is a valid argument for the notion that Nigerians deserve the terrible leaders they get. Obanikoro my foot.

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
wtf?
Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by superior1: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
barcanista: The Gospel truth is KORO is among the few that is capable of wrestling power from the incumbent party. You can attest to me that KORO have the charisma and political strenght. A man that helped his Son to win chairmanship seat in the turf of ACN political leader.

Boy, if you are really going to make a living off this, why don't you pay for some tutelage, speak with the 40-laptop group.
I can give you this for free, why don't you start my 'highlighting the achievements of Koro during his small political odyssey' then explain to us the ' economic prospects of his governance of lagos and why he is the messiah we have been fasting for'. OK?

1 Like

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
barcanista: hehe i laugh. KORO's achievements as Chairman, Ambassador and Senator speaks for him. Tinubu knows that should KORO declare for 2015, ACN will be kissing Alausa goodbye.

You should consider being a comedian if you're not one already. Obanikoro did not even win PDP ticket on merit. A mere Hilda Williams, widow of late Funso Williams, defeated him. Sensing that Hilda stood no chance against an effective political machine that Tinubu built, the ticket was taken away from her and given to a defeated candidate-your hero-Obanikoro.

I still remember his popular campaign jargon: Ko si Koro ko si bo (contrast with Fasola's "A SAN with a Sound mind"wink- a line that represents everything bad with PDP. No issues raised! The entire campaign was premised on the need for Lagos to leave opposition and join the clueless national party. No plans announced, no new policies in the offing, and stewardship of Tinubu was not even questioned.

When the result was announced, AC (now ACN) won 19 out of 20LGs. Obanikoro was so shocked that he had to be hospitalized.
That's the man you said triumphed over Tinubu. Even with solid support from a sitting ruthless President, OBJ, and a willing executioner of barbaric "capture Lagos at all cost" Bode George, Obanikoro was roundly and soundly defeated with a margin that made many political commentators called Lagos " a one party state".

5 Likes

Re: Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
@Prof: How long will you continue with your half truth? You erred when you said KORO was defeated by hilda williams. I remembered vividly that one chief bode george tried to steal KORO's mandate during the primaries. Chief Anenih intervened and another round of primaries was conducted which SENATOR KORO won squarely. Not satisfied, Bode George made sure he worked against KORO's emergence at governor, He persuaded Hilda to defect to AC, And he remained in PDP using his position as PDP National Deputy Chairman SOUTH to undermine KORO. Result was announced and KORO lost. WE all know that KORO loss was not due to his unpopularity but Tinubu used propaganda plus FINANCIAL inducement to woo voters during election day. In the Island where i voted, AC agent gave N200 recharge card plus N300 cash as inducement to vote the AC candidate. That is history. Fastforward to 2011, KORO led PDP to defeat ACN in the LG poll only to be rigged-Thanks to the judiciary pronouncement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement / Biafrans Demand Ezu River Autopsy Report From Ex Gov Peter Obi / Army Denies Attack On Chibok church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.