Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB (7400 Views)

‘you Made Money From Pro-biafra Protests’ | Father Mbaka Slammed By MASSOB, IPOB / Picture Of The Newly Established Biafra Marine Commandoes By Massob / Clara Chime Under House-Arrest Imposed By Gov. Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
December 6th 2006 was a day i will never forget in my life. It was a sit at home day by Massobians to protest the detention of their leader Uwazuruike. I was on my way to Nekede from Orji - a town near owerri, and was caught by traffic jam in Owerri main town. The real cause of the traffic jam was road blocks and burning tires set by some people that support the sit at home while some other traders locked their shops and stayed in front of it waiting to see the next thing. Soldiers from 34 artillery brigade Obinze were deployed to protect the Hausa community in case the whole thing turns to riot. Initially, Ekeonunwa market and new market were all open , but not until there was a rumor that some Massobians were coming from ABA and Onitsha to force the closure of those market.

There were large number of people in owerri town that day, some were singing some Igbo songs that means ‘release Uwazuruike’. I could remember when a soldier was warning, "go back, go back...I'll shoot all of u" and I was watching the whole scenario from Lagos street opp New market because I couldn't see any motor to continue my journey. some people were booing the soldiers and that provoked them which made them to start shooting. Initially the shooting was mean to scare people. Majority of the soldiers were armed with AK-47 but I remember one carrying MG42 category of machine gun. I knew that the gun is very heavy because he changes it from his left to right hand more often and this gun is supposed to be mounted b4 shooting. Many of the soldiers face their guns completely up b4 shooting but this guy’s gun remain at angle of about 35 deg whenever he shoots probably because of the weight.

I noticed that and warned people closer to me to watch that guy that they should run whenever he faces our side of road because his bullet can go in parabola. When the soldiers were approaching Lagos street, I ran into one hospital while many others were at the gate of the street watching. I was inside the hospital when I heard sound of gun near the gate and more people ran into the hospital too. We stayed there for about 10mins b4 we started hearing loud voice and cry outside. Low and behold 3 innocent people died at the spot and one was injured (a bullet pierced his lap) and I joined hand to carry him to the hospital. I remained in the hospital for more 4hrs b4 trekking to naze (about 1Km) junction where I got motor to Nekede.

My advice especially for those in SE and SS where the agitation is on the increase, whether there are soldiers in these zone or not, for your safety, SIT AT HOME. Those soldiers are for our protection, Fine, but remember, many times, we look for a way to protect ourselves from them. Thank God today is Saturday.

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
MASSOB warns that they will enforce the sit at home on saturday, Soldiers are in Onitsha Anambra State to stop them. please don't be a victim of anything. better avoid them
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Front Page please.
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 8:06am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 8:20am On Jun 08, 2013
I heard that Alaba market in Lagos is shut down due to the sit at
home order by massob. Can someone confirm this? it will help people plan their movement well.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Abali1(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2013
Today is Saturday. So most civil servants will naturally stay home, but the business guys have to go out.
But if I were to be in business, I will rather stay home not bcause MASSOB says so, but because most victims of stray bullets are naturally the innocent bystanders. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Systemguru: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2013
Menn they is no movement today,police are everywhere here in Onitsha But still massob niggis are not are Afriend of them...massob youth are still moving about with axe,knife,talk true asking people to sit at home
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Systemguru: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2013
I have some Photos But they are too large to be upload
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by mrsheddy(m): 8:44am On Jun 08, 2013
What a bullshit?!
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Systemguru: 8:45am On Jun 08, 2013
mrsheddy: What a bullshit?!
why the bullshit?
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2013
System guru: I have some Photos But they are too large to be upload

please use picture editor to resize the photos. we'll like to see some pics from Onitsha, the heart of MASSOB
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2013
OWERRI: Shops are closed in my area. Roads very scanty

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Systemguru: 9:20am On Jun 08, 2013
These are the pics

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 9:22am On Jun 08, 2013
Nice one System guru. Thanks for the update
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Systemguru: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2013
More pics,i will soon upload that of massob niggis

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by mtprofessor5(m): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by lightheart(m): 9:55am On Jun 08, 2013
sha be careful while snapping. In situations like this, ekelebe no dey laff o.

#my2naira

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by dridowu: 9:58am On Jun 08, 2013
Hmmmmmmm
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 08, 2013
Whether army, police or navy patrol, people will sit at home which is the main order. If dem like make dem carry APC.
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by bruno419(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2013
massob! ;Dmassob!
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2013
It appears MASSOB commands a lot of respect in SE and SS. Many people supports them. Why all these police and army since they are not a violence group?

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Stanlyag(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2013
Travelling from lagos to uyo,will update on happenings when i reach de affected states
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 2pmstcharles(m): 10:16am On Jun 08, 2013
No wasoob seen in Ebonyi o! Ok for my area let me walk around to comfirm oda area. Note: Ebonyians are standby tools
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by gerald09(m): 10:18am On Jun 08, 2013
If every1 sits @ home, MASSOB will only walk by singing their songs n d police/military will not have to open fire cos it suppose to be a peaceful protest and according to d law a peaceful protest is kool. Just 1 day, make una no allow greed n vex ruin ur year of success. Give to caeser what belongs to him. Just give dem 2day make dem show dem power n dey finish every1 goes out to have a laugh n a pint or 2.
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by otokx(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2013
Truly a word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by 132KVA: 10:42am On Jun 08, 2013
otokx: Truly a word is enough for the wise.

well said
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 08, 2013
cheesy Й๏ şЦcђ Й๏ЙşєЙşє IЙ ЦY๏...... Щє ąrє ЙIGєr đєL┼ą Й┼ Mąşş๏ß
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by ACM10: 11:01am On Jun 08, 2013
hmm
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by satysaca: 11:09am On Jun 08, 2013
Soldiers have killed so many MASSOB memebers here in ONITSHA at Modebe avenue (6) Six persons were kileed and i heard One was also killed at 3-3 Side infact they are hidden cos Police and Soldiers are looking for them.
Re: My Ordeal On The 2006 Sit-At-Home Imposed By MASSOB by deols(f): 11:22am On Jun 08, 2013
The police appear unprotected.

an anti-riot squad is supposed to look like this-

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. / The 2nd Niger Bridge (dream To Reality) Buhari And The Changing Narratives. / Nigeria’s Debt Stock To Hit ₦34 Trillion With New Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.