Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Dilemma Of The Single Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dilemma Of The Single Woman (11313 Views)

Dilemma Of A Single Female Banker. / The Dilemma Of Foxybone ( She's Pregnant ) / 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Gamine(f): 1:27am On May 04, 2008
Seriously, why is the world against the single woman

is it a crime to choose.

Personally i want to be married, have a family and all

but what if i change my mind, why is there so much **** towards the Single Woman.

If i choose my career, designer cloths and shoes, the fact that i want to live in different cities whenever i want to
over having family
what if i want to help children the world over
What if im not just cut out for the married life?
Better to be single than to be divorced.

The only single women people dont seem to have problems with are Nuns.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by iice(f): 2:10am On May 04, 2008
Because apparantly a woman is incomplete without a man.
I must have lost that manual
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by 4Him1(m): 2:14am On May 04, 2008
another rant at men again?
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Gamine(f): 2:17am On May 04, 2008
In complete without the man?

Im sure the Nuns are pretty satisfied.

Mother Theresa is still seen as a saint today.

This is no rant at any man! i never even mentioned man, in my post once!
well except, it had a Wo upfront and a womb inside.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by iice(f): 2:20am On May 04, 2008
It's the argument some men use when they hear about single women.
Ahhh but Nuns have a pass. . .
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Gamine(f): 2:26am On May 04, 2008
Ok, Nuns pass. cheesy

Its just that if Nuns are allowed a Pass,

Anyone else could be and should be allowed one too.

Nuns, are single due to religious reasons.

What if i want to be single due to financial reasons,

social reasons, recreational reasons, academic reasons.

Why should i be singled out as a misfit or someone who shouldnt be respected
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Nobody: 2:37am On May 04, 2008
Who disrespected you? cheesy
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Gamine(f): 2:45am On May 04, 2008
Its not me, abeg o

I dont want to be Single, but i know people

Who will readily go that route

i see no reason to look down on their decisions

or behave towards them like, they have no reason to keep consuming oxygen

haba.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by ikamefa(f): 2:48am On May 04, 2008
iice:

Because apparantly a woman is incomplete without a man.
I must have lost that manual

gbam! the same way a man is seen as incomplete without a woman/women " grin "
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Eclairs: 6:51am On May 04, 2008
@ poster,

You seem a happy girl but sound like you tired of life,

its both wayz, I fink men and women shd complement each ova,

Rem wht the bible says,
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Tonim(f): 6:55am On May 04, 2008
Gamine:

Its not me, abeg o

It's hard to believe this doesn't have something to do with you personally considering
your demeanor.

But like someone said, it's not just women, it applies to men too.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Nobody: 8:22am On May 04, 2008
i wonder when naija women will stop bashing naija men directly and indirectly.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by eldee(m): 9:17am On May 04, 2008
@Gamine
I think it's alright to live the life of 'em 'Sex and the City' sisters
But come to think of it, After everything, the feeling of goig to bed alone at sixty should be what u're thinking of.
Remember that you'll have to be taken to care homes, even after you accumulated millions.
Life ain't just fun being single, it's feels good knowing there's like four people(your kids) you'll gladly take a bullet for anyday.
The feeling of having to watch them grow, and start asking you about boyfriends
Seriously, I can't wait to live that kind of life, but I'm mos def not going the Tuface way grin grin

OMO IBO:

i wonder when naija women will stop bashing naija men directly and indirectly.
When Nassarawa United wins the English Premier League cheesy
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Tileyiko: 12:45pm On May 04, 2008
Stories that touches the heart. When a woman is clocking 30 and above and she is getting as desparate as ever with not getting married, studies have shown that one of the strategies to keep her sane is for her to start comforting herself with illusions of wanting to remain single whereas loneliness and frustration is killing her inside.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 04, 2008
When Nassarawa United wins the English Premier League cheesy

" grin grin

Stories that touches the heart. When a woman is clocking 30 and above and she is getting as desparate as ever with not getting married, studies have shown that one of the strategies to keep her sane is for her to start comforting herself with illusions of wanting to remain single whereas loneliness and frustration is killing her inside.

" grin grin grin
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Cayon(f): 1:27pm On May 04, 2008
Interesting Thread. Not ruling out marriage but right now I am enjoying my single life and so far I am loving it smiley
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by TheSly: 1:41pm On May 04, 2008
Eldee
You really have the time to waste by analyzing sum bunkums over here. . . . . . .
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 04, 2008
why would a woman even decide to be single,wen its obvious both sex'es need each other

why did God bring eve to adam,adam could have as well be single

ABEG ALL OF UNA SEF AND DIS SINGLE THING MAKE UNA LEAVE DIS SINGLE THING ALONE,

EVEN THEM WOMEN DAT WANTS TO BE SINGLE PARENTS FOREVER STILL NEED MEN TO IMPREGANTE THEM

i dont support singlehood,finish cool
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by McOmo(m): 2:11pm On May 04, 2008
Gamine and I have decided we want to be single parents . . .

ba wahala . . less drama, at least we get to chyke who want with anyone feeling hurt cool

@Gamiante

did u have to create this thread to spite me embarassed
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by iou111: 3:27pm On May 04, 2008
remind me again, why i need a man!!! wink wink wink
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by bernoulli(m): 3:38pm On May 04, 2008
This crazy idea of wanting to be single is absolute nonsense. Our emotional nature as human beings makes it apparent we need to compliment each other (male or female). Any body saying he/she prefers to remain single for the rest of his/her life is fooling him/her self. , and probably may have problems of some emotional imbalance. Let us tell ourselves the truth here, we love companion from the opposite sex, thats how GOD created us and thats part of our emotional makeup as human beings period. Leave nuns / priests out of this please.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by lucabrasi(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2008
on the part of the woman i.e nigerian?african woman its the societal constraints,and also to strenghten the moral fibre in the society,the only thing we have left is our values,culture as africans and upholding it while discarding the ones that s too over the top
in nigeria anyway i think there are very few single mothers that can be looked at as positive role models,its either the v been freestyling,or have chequered reputation e.t.c
both sexes need each other,thats why theres a ying to yang,matter/anti matter  GOD made everything with an equal balance and if one upsets d balance then chaos reign
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by somze(f): 3:44pm On May 04, 2008
The silly threads keep growing . . .
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Nwaka77: 5:34pm On May 04, 2008
@Gamine

If you want to marry, go ahead

if you want to stay single, go ahead

If you want to be in a long term relationship with someone but not marry that person like Goldie Hawn, go ahead

Marraige is not for everybody hence we see cases of divorce. Those talking about loneliness at 60 years old have completely forgoten about something called "death". Many Nigerian women 50 years or older do not marry again once their loose thier spouses. Are these widows not alone? The children they bore, are they not going to grow up, move out of their parents home, even migrate to another country while their mothers stay alone (that's if the fathers are already deceased)? And let's not forget those women who married on time, started having kids right away, did everything the way society expected of them and then when they hit 50 years, their husbands leave them to go and marry another woman that is young enough to be thier daughter. I saw that happen alot in Naija. Those women also end up alone.

Marraige is not a do or die affair. Marraige is a beautiful thing if you are married to a caring, loving, compassionate person who truly loves you. Marraige at the same time could be hell and lonely if you are married to a cheat and abusive person who does not gave a damn about you. Getting married in itself does not guarantee happiness or cures loneliness but rather getting married to the right person that God intended for you. Nigerian society likes to force people to do things that they may not like to do. Luckily, some of us don't live in such kind of societies. As an adult, you have the right to decide what you think will make YOU happy. If that means geting married, then by all means do so. If it means staying single, then ok, and if you want to be in a relationship but not be married to that person, then so be it.

Chikena!
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Ajebota(f): 5:43pm On May 04, 2008
Nwaka77:

@Gamine

If you want to be in a long term relationship with someone but not marry that person like Goldie Hawn, go ahead

Marraige is not for everybody hence we see cases of divorce. Those talking about loneliness at 60 years old have completely forgoten about something called "death". Many Nigerian women 50 years or older do not marry again once their loose their spouses. Are these widows not alone? The children they bore, are they not going to grow up, move out of their parents home, even migrate to another country while their mothers stay alone (that's if the fathers are already deceased)? And let's not forget those women who married on time, started having kids right away, did everything the way society expected of them and then when they hit 50 years, their husbands leave them to go and marry another woman that is young enough to be their daughter. I saw that happen alot in Naija. Those women also end up alone.

Marraige is not a do or die affair. Marraige is a beautiful thing if you are married to a caring, loving, compassionate person who truly loves you. Marraige at the same time could be hell and lonely if you are married to a cheat and abusive person who does not gave a damn about you. Getting married in itself does not guarantee happiness or cures loneliness but rather getting married to the right person that God intended for you. Nigerian society likes to force people to do things that they may not like to do. Luckily, some of us don't live in such kind of societies. As an adult, you have the right to decide what you think will make YOU happy. If that means geting married, then by all means do so. If it means staying single, then ok, and if you want to be in a relationship but not be married to that person, then so be it.

Chikena!

correct person!
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by damola1: 7:54pm On May 04, 2008

Marraige is not for everybody hence we see cases of divorce. Those talking about loneliness at 60 years old have completely forgoten about something called "death". Many Nigerian women 50 years or older do not marry again once their loose their spouses. Are these widows not alone? The children they bore, are they not going to grow up, move out of their parents home, even migrate to another country while their mothers stay alone (that's if the fathers are already deceased)? And let's not forget those women who married on time, started having kids right away, did everything the way society expected of them and then when they hit 50 years, their husbands leave them to go and marry another woman that is young enough to be their daughter. I saw that happen alot in Naija. Those women also end up alone.

Make sense!!!

@ poster!

people forget we are not all the same!!!

I personally like to live alone, have friends once in a while, and maybe gf etc, maybe later in the future, can accomodate living with a woman, but not now!!!, and for me, I don't care what the whole world says!!,
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by Gamine(f): 12:16am On May 05, 2008
If someone can tell me what a married person has that a single person cant have

A man? A single girl has a lot of options and variety, she dosnt hv to go to bed alone any night

Children? Pls, you dont hv to be married to have them

Security? when your career is on a high and you hav all the money you want

What else?

There has to be a solid argument for Why a Woman should be married
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by sheniqua: 12:34am On May 05, 2008
Someone already told you.
Marriage is strictly by choice,what do you care what people say?
If you want to marry, marry
If you don't want to,that's your choice.
Frankly there are some people that have no business being married.
Such folks are better alone than ruin the lives of innocent spouses and children who didn't ask to be born.
There are tons of unmarried "strong black women" and their number is growing by leaps and bounds.
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by desodgi(m): 12:35am On May 05, 2008
whats bad being a single parent, I know gamine wants to be but she just cant say it publicly tongue
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by ztyle(m): 12:37am On May 05, 2008
Something like that . . . lol
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by sheniqua: 12:39am On May 05, 2008
@desodgi:

whats bad being a single parent, I know gamine wants to be but she just can't say it publicly tongue

That's a different subject altogether.
Personally I believe a woman who has no intentions of being married should not bring children into the world.
It's selfish,she should use protection if she must fornicate or marry
Re: The Dilemma Of The Single Woman by ztyle(m): 12:41am On May 05, 2008
. . .Slap 4 urself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" / Man Caught Exchanging Nudes With A Minor. Pictures Below. / Tales Of A First Date From hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.