Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders (4513 Views)

Buhari Advises Against Wild Jubilation / MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - How Is Your Area? / MASSOB Sit-At-Home Order In Anambra - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Garrithe1st: 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ohaneze chieftain advises against sit-at-home call on traders

On June 7, 2013 · In News

9:07 pm

Onitsha (Anambra) – Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation has said that South-East traders and businessmen will suffer huge financial losses if they heed the call by MASSOB to sit at home on Saturday.

The Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) had declared Saturday as a peaceful sit-at-home protest day.

It said the action meant to draw attention to the alleged marginalisation of Ndi-Igbo in Nigeria.

Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, a Chieftain of Ohaneze in Anambra,   in Onitsha on Friday said that there were better options for Ndi-Igbo to protest their marginalisation than embarking on sit-at-home protests.

“MASSOB sit-at-home order is unjustifiable because if Ndi-Igbo are allowed to obey the sit-at-home order, they would lose more than N1 billion for sitting at home on a whole day since they are predominantly buyers and sellers of goods.

“We have to apply wisdom in our protests and wait patiently until we see the 2nd Niger Bridge, federal roads, Federal Government industries, adequate security system, uninterrupted power supply and youth employment in Igbo land,’’ Ezeonwuka said.

He advised Igbo elite to bring their industries home to enable youths to have job opportunities.

Ezeonwuka said “investing outside Igboland would definitely deny the youths the opportunity to get employment.

“I advise both MASSOB and Igbo youths to make Igboland crime-free so that our deserted brothers can have a sense of security in returning home.” (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ohaneze-chieftain-advises-against-sit-at-home-call-on-traders/
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Garrithe1st: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
“MASSOB sit-at-home order is unjustifiable because if Ndi-Igbo are allowed to obey the sit-at-home order, they would lose more than N1 billion for sitting at home on a whole day since they are predominantly buyers and sellers of goods.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
My people like money too much o! So they can't sacrifice a whole day to achieve what they are protesting about? chai! The love of money is the root of evil. grin

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Garrithe1st: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
berem: My people like money too much o! So they can't sacrifice a whole day to achieve what they are protesting about? chai! The love of money is the root of evil. grin

Sounds funny, but the guy is right. The protest will achieve nothing!!

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

well who cares? that won't stop me from my faaji tomorrow. lol
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by ebucha: 5:52am On Jun 08, 2013
They are never united.
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by dayokanu(m): 5:57am On Jun 08, 2013
The sit at home is for the lazy flat headed ones
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by slap1(m): 6:57am On Jun 08, 2013
Uwazuruike will sit somewhere, watching his plasma TV, drinking and eating, while the useless ones go into the streets to sacrifice themselves for a dead, unrealistic cause. For some families, sit-at-home means 'do not eat'. Is that what Biafra is all about? Starvation? I'm Igbo, but I'm anti-Biafra. It's a lost cause!

5 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 08, 2013
Confusion everywhere in alaigbo..
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by mu2sa2: 9:28am On Jun 08, 2013
Assuming they heed Massob's call who's loss? Why should anybody even listen to lawless Massob in the first place? They should just ignore these activists by day and armed robbers by night ne'er-do-wells.
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by chymystique(f): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2013
No comment yet
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Banjoramos(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by gerald09(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2013
WOW! And they wonder why dey say the IBO MAN HAS A PRICE, a sit at home protest is a very peaceful protest, as protest can be. its meant to show Nigeria the importance of the ibo man and it also shows that Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ ibos can too stand together. Dis ohaneze's are bunch of thieves n sell outs. In this kind of environment where the ibo man can't live in their own country in peace the ohaneze's are only finkin about how much money they will loose, how about how many lives hav bin lost. If these Ohaneze are our leaders I regret being an ibo man.

5 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Oluti(m): 9:43am On Jun 08, 2013
Seriously, what attention will the sit at home draw to the igbo problem? And what has Rev King to do with igbo maginalization?
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:43am On Jun 08, 2013
The Igbo will be waiting 30 more years for the Second Niger Bridge. grin
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by gerald09(m): 9:44am On Jun 08, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Yes it would, it will bring back hope, unity and it will help MASSOB get back its glory, after being called toothless lions, a peaceful protest is the strongest protest any1 can achieve. They are trying to make Nigerian listen without the usual bloodshed people like the Niger delta and Boko haram are doin. Its shows civilisation, its promotes life, it promotes unity. Live is not all about money which d whole Nigerian have labelled the ibo man.

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by WIZGUY69(m): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2013
kissIGBO and business sha! So dem no fit close eye lose 1 billion naira 4 a day!! D ohanaze don evn approximate d amount wey ndi igbo dey get 4 a day sef! Btw saturday = sit at home.. So there is no difference!!
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by kalunomics(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2013
meanwhile, the streets of owerri are scanty and the shops under lock and keys
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by mtprofessor5(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2013
mak i hear say ibo man no go find moni.....he dey der blood grin

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by AbuMikey(m): 11:02am On Jun 08, 2013
Money money
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by swedbase(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2013
slap1: Uwazuruike will sit somewhere, watching his plasma TV, drinking and eating, while the useless ones go into the streets to sacrifice themselves for a dead, unrealistic cause. For some families, sit-at-home means 'do not eat'. Is that what Biafra is all about? Starvation? I'm Igbo, but I'm anti-Biafra. It's a lost cause!
Oo

God punish you there

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by guonno: 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
slap1: Uwazuruike will sit somewhere, watching his plasma TV, drinking and eating, while the useless ones go into the streets to sacrifice themselves for a dead, unrealistic cause. For some families, sit-at-home means 'do not eat'. Is that what Biafra is all about? Starvation? I'm Igbo, but I'm anti-Biafra. It's a lost cause!

biafra became a lost cause when people like u lost hope and forgot about the pogrom that was meted on u. Very soon another pogrom would take place, because fulanis will never stop being blood tasty. Am an igbo I belive in biafra, but if igbo is truly intigrated into nigeria, I would not mind to be part of nigeria, I do not hate nigeria, its just that some ethnic groups does not want my progress. If nigeria starts respecting the strength and enormous contribution of the igboman to this yet to be nation, I will join nigeria in flesh and spirit.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by guonno: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Ohaneze chieftain advises against sit-at-home call on traders On June 7, 2013 · In News 9:07 pm Onitsha (Anambra) – Ohaneze Ndi- Igbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation has said that South-East traders and businessmen will suffer huge financial losses if they heed the call by MASSOB to sit at home on Saturday. The Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) had declared Saturday as a peaceful sit-at-home protest day. It said the action meant to draw attention to the alleged marginalisation of Ndi-Igbo in Nigeria. Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, a Chieftain of Ohaneze in Anambra, in Onitsha on Friday said that there were better options for Ndi-Igbo to protest their marginalisation than embarking on sit-at-home protests. “MASSOB sit-at-home order is unjustifiable because if Ndi-Igbo are allowed to obey the sit-at-home order, they would lose more than N1 billion for sitting at home on a whole day since they are predominantly buyers and sellers of goods. “We have to apply wisdom in our protests and wait patiently until we see the [B]2nd Niger Bridge, federal roads, Federal Government industries, adequate security system, uninterrupted power supply and youth employment in Igbo land[/b],’’ Ezeonwuka said. [B]He advised Igbo elite to bring their industries home to enable youths to have job opportunities. Ezeonwuka said “investing outside Igboland would definitely deny the youths the opportunity to get employment.[/b]
[B]
“I advise both MASSOB and Igbo youths to make Igboland crime-free so that our deserted brothers can have a sense of security in returning home.” (NAN)
[/b]

I am not on the side of those elites but the truth need be told. The eastern part of nigeria has been systematically and economycally suppressed, tell how a business man would make it if he invests in a state that has no good federal roads that would lead costumers from other region hospitals are not given good attention, the schools do not attract people from anywhere in the world, especially federal schools. No good project has been done for the past 33 years that would boost the eastern economy to an extent that a business manwould see hopes in investing there. Ask obj and co they all know what they ve been doing to put down the east.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by redsun(m): 4:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The protest is about consciousness and reawakening,not about useless money.

Ohaneze seems like bunch of omata thugs on the payroll of nigerian dubious leaders.

What better time to call for self rule and independence that this time that Nigeria is on the edge? A time that it is obvious that Nigeria is ruled by thugs,not just as the ruling party but the opposition aswell. The whole political,ethical,religious,social and moral scenes have been hijacked by ruthless criminals in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by DerideGull(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
Must these fools that parade themselves as Ohaneze Chieftains publicly utter rubbish or engage in everything in Igbo land? Sometimes virtues are found in keeping silence.
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by mensdept: 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2013
Ohaneze has been irrelevant since 1999.
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Eziachi: 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2013
ebucha: They are never united.
And you are united? Tell me that paradise you comes from, where everyone is a robot, programmed to reason, think and do things alike?
Re: Ohaneze Chieftain Advises Against Sit-at-home Call On Traders by Eziachi: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
guonno:

I am not on the side of those elites but the truth need be told. The eastern part of nigeria has been systematically and economycally suppressed, tell how a business man would make it if he invests in a state that has no good federal roads that would lead costumers from other region hospitals are not given good attention, the schools do not attract people from anywhere in the world, especially federal schools. No good project has been done for the past 33 years that would boost the eastern economy to an extent that a business manwould see hopes in investing there. Ask obj and co they all know what they ve been doing to put down the east.
Every good thing comes with a bit of sacrifice, if you doubt my ask the South Africans how many years they closed shops or lost their lives, to be where they are now. Nothing comes for nothing. Lives comes first before investment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ibo Govenors Tribalising Fashola's Moves / See Leaked Text Message Between President Goodluck And Jega / Biafra Will Never Come Because It Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.