Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198014 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by afope: 4:25am On Feb 11, 2015
Hello morning all,

Please I need an urgent advice. I have a 2004 Nissan Altima. Recently I noticed that my engine oil leaks badly and anytime the oil is short the engine just dies and will not start until it has been filled up again. I have taken it to numerous mechanic and they couldn't locate where the leakage is.

The top gasket got burnt recently and I changed it but the mechanic told me that once this got burnt, the engine is gone that its a matter of time and advised I shldnt spend money on the car and I should just change the engine. Is this true? The car has started bringing out smoke in the morning but after some time it will clear..

Also, my transmission delay is shifting but still drive somehow smoothly just that there is a momentarily delay.. I have never changed the transmission oil before since ita not giving me the burnt look or smell. What could be the cause.

Can anybody assist with any advice or anyone who can fix this problem permanently? I am in ibadan but can come to Lagos with it

Thank you
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2015
@costee..... please any advise on a professional a/c technician
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 11, 2015
drumma:
@costee..... please any advise on a professional a/c technician
Hm. How professional can they get. One just hopes you meet the one that resolves one's issues. That said, I can only recommend the one I use for the moment.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by lakun2013: 10:35am On Feb 11, 2015
Yes, Nissparts. i live in Lagos
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Call me on 08022228273 so we can take a look and confirm my hunch.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by lakun2013: 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
OK.Nissparts. Will call you once I return to Lagos. Travelled out of Lagos at the moment. Rgds
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
@costee biko please recommend to me sharply before i get roasted in this heat..... just send his number, i'll dig him out.... but wait before i embark on the journey of no return where is he located?

Costee:

Hm. How professional can they get. One just hopes you meet the one that resolves one's issues. That said, I can only recommend the one I use for the moment.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 11, 2015
drumma:
but wait before i embark on the journey of no return where is he located?
Planet Earth. Call me on this number, 08023018285, for passages.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by SpaceAngel: 10:26am On Feb 18, 2015
Which of these two infiniti cars,(2007 models of M35 and G35) have parts more readily locally.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2015
Both are readily available but the G35 is easier and cheaper generally.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by afope: 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hello Nairalanders.

Pls any idea how much I can get the complete Tokunbo engine for Nissan Altima 2004 model? And where can I get it in Ladipo?? I will also appreciate a phone number ...

Kindly treat as urgent. Thank you and God bless

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by SpaceAngel: 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
nissparts:
Both are readily available but the G35 is easier and cheaper generally.

thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
Last week Friday l had 2 coils blown out, went to the mechanic close by and he changed the bad coils, all was fine again until yesterday again with same thing happening.

Prior to this the car was idling with the AC on for about 20 minutes waiting for someone, called the mechanic again he tried everything possible with no head way.

1.He cleaned all 8 plugs.
2.He changed the bad coils but as soon as l start the car its blown again.
3.He checked the air filter which was badly clogged but he dusted it before replacing it.

His advice was to disconnect the thermostat grin grin grin l just laughed inwardly,change the radiator from the single cell to double cell.

My plan is to scan the car again next week, change all 8 plugs and 8 coils, the temperature gauge has always been in the same position since I bought the car, I have a feeling I need to flush the radiator.

Any ideas from the house?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
Osama10:
Last week Friday l had 2 coils blown out, went to the mechanic close by and he changed the bad coils, all was fine again until yesterday again with same thing happening.

Prior to this the car was idling with the AC on for about 20 minutes waiting for someone, called the mechanic again he tried everything possible with no head way.

1.He cleaned all 8 plugs.
2.He changed the bad coils but as soon as l start the car its blown again.
3.He checked the air filter which was badly clogged but he dusted it before replacing it.

His advice was to disconnect the thermostat grin grin grin l just laughed inwardly,change the radiator from the single cell to double cell.

My plan is to scan the car again next week, change all 8 plugs and 8 coils, the temperature gauge has always been in the same position since I bought the car, I have a feeling I need to flush the radiator.

Any ideas from the house?
You mean you don't have a scan tool yet? I presume your SES light is on; then go ahead and scan. There's probably a short somewhere, and changing your plugs and coils without attending to it will avail nothing.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Costee:

You mean you don't have a scan tool yet? I presume your SES light is on; then go ahead and scan. There's probably a short somewhere, and changing your plugs and coils without attending to it will avail nothing.

Yeah I'll do the scanning on Monday.The SES light came on when the mechanic was trying to fix the car.

I'll come up with the codes.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
Osama, I am expecting you will find, apart from the misfire codes, catalytic converter codes.
My educated guess is that your cats are blocked, causing the engine to overheat and burn up coils.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hmmn, let's see whatz up tommorow from the scan.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Osama10:
Hmmn, let's see whatz up tommorow from the scan.
someone with a maxima once had dis problem. After changing coils so many times, discovered there was a short in the ground wire for the coils. That was the permanent fix. Rats may have eaten the ground wire in Ur case.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
chukel:
someone with a maxima once had dis problem. After changing coils so many times, discovered there was a short in the ground wire for the coils. That was the permanent fix. Rats may have eaten the ground wire in Ur case.

Ok would be checking that also.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
These are the codes after the scan:

1.P0300.... Multiple Cylinder Misfire.
2.P0113.... Intake Air Temperature.
3.P0051... Oxygen Sensor Heater Control.
4.P0455... Evaporative Control Large Leak.

nissparts:
Osama, I am expecting you will find, apart from the misfire codes, catalytic converter codes.
My educated guess is that your cats are blocked, causing the engine to overheat and burn up coils.

My cats are blocked.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
Osama10:
These are the codes after the scan:

1.P0300.... Multiple Cylinder Misfire.
2.P0113.... Intake Air Temperature.
3.P0051... Oxygen Sensor Heater Control.
4.P0455... Evaporative Control Large Leak.

My cats are blocked.

Yels olf cols
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
nissparts:

Yels olf cols

That means I should replace the oxygen sensors too?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
One thing at a time.
Either replace the converter or gut out the elements first and then replace the bad coils.
Then scan again
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ok.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by folusoakinbode: 6:50am On Mar 14, 2015
where can I get NS 1 ATF for nissan p11
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 6:46am On Mar 21, 2015
SES light came on my Pathy 05,went for scan and got P0714.

Please any suggestion on what to do?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2015
jodeci:

SES light came on my Pathy 05,went for scan and got P0714.

Please any suggestion on what to do?
That should be your two ATF temperture sensors. Check the connections or the sensors. The first is associated with the park/neutral position switch under the gear selector lever; and the second in the vlave body area once you open the cover pan.
Even though your scan pulled P0714, it's a Nissan (manufacturer)-specific code, which is P1710. You may contact Nissparts to look things over.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2015
Costee:

That should be your two ATF temperture sensors. Check the connections or the sensors. The first is associated with the park/neutral position switch under the gear selector lever; and the second in the vlave body area once you open the cover pan.
Even though your scan pulled P0714, it's a Nissan (manufacturer)-specific code, which is P1710. You may contact Nissparts to look things over.

Thanks Costee,which cover pan are you talking about? Is it the one that covers the gear box and holds the ATF? Would i have to drain before i can do that?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 10:02am On Mar 21, 2015
jodeci:

Thanks Costee,which cover pan are you talking about? Is it the one that covers the gear box and holds the ATF? Would i have to drain before i can do that?

What symptoms do you have?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 21, 2015
jodeci:

Yes, the one that covers the gearbox underneath. Yes, the atf would have to go. But as Nissparts asked, what symptoms do you have? Maybe you'd have to erase the code and watch whether it'll come back.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
nissparts:

What symptoms do you have?

Symptoms include:
Ses light on
delayed gear transition/selection
increased drag resistance
slowed take off.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

Viewing this topic: Aaaaarghmed(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.