Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (197209 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by beetee(m): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2013
Dear Nairalanders..
I have a nissan sentra 2004 model, but i have been having issues with the ignition coil. I have changed the coil several times.
last week i changed all the 4 ignitions coils and three days later two of them went bad.
please anyone with any idea on how i can have a permanent fix of this problem.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2013
beetee: Dear Nairalanders..
I have a nissan sentra 2004 model, but i have been having issues with the ignition coil. I have changed the coil several times.
last week i changed all the 4 ignitions coils and three days later two of them went bad.
A scan would be in order. Don't just go about replacing parts from your car
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:07am On Jun 26, 2013
beetee: Dear Nairalanders..

I trust you have gone through the link I posted in your thread.
You either have a grounding issue or your catalyst(exhaust) is plugged up
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by 735i(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
lomomike: sorry about your recent experience with your primera, I don't know much about primera But let's get things straight here. Since you forded water with it at the turn of a steering, there is a wheezing noise. Does the steering feel hard, can you zero in on where the noise comes from (whether its from the power steering pump, the belt, or from the wheel area, or the steering rack and pinion (that's if your car uses rack and pinion))?

Yea... The steering does feel hard. I'm sorry; I really don't know what a rack and pinion is and I am yet to actually identify where the noise is coming from...
Costee:
What do you mean by "the language on the screen"? Are you referring to the info display screen? Should that be the case, then your car is P12, and not P11. I want to believe too that if it is P12 it will have a feature in the menu for conversion into English language. Since you attribute the issues you're having to the wheels/steering, it just could be that the problem is mechanical. [Check the steering rack for example.] If electrical the MIL (check engine light) should be on. (You should be able to identify that icon). Better still, have the car scanned nonetheless.
[quote author=Costee]

Yes... Its the info display screen. I can only see options in French and Dutch. No English option. The check engine light is off. Maybe I should just get the car scanned. cry
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
735 i:

Yea... The steering does feel hard. I'm sorry; I really don't know what a rack and pinion is and I am yet to actually identify where the noise is coming from...

Yes, have it scanned nonetheless. If nothing in that direction, then we look at the mechanical side.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 7:34am On Jun 27, 2013
Lovely thread here. Somebody get KA24DETT in here as well.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by eaglechild: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2013
I have 1999 maxima which i got six years ago. I love the car and i'm attached to it. I changed the timing chain last year and it has been performing like a 4 cylinder instead of a v6.
I want to change the engine, any idea of the cost of a top grade one.
Do i also need to change the gear box? It is not giving any probs though.
I have a camry but i find it boring.
I need my maxima back till i can get a new one. Actually thinking of switching to a 3.5L V6 Altima.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Engine should be between 70 and 80k.
You will not need to change the transmission
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by eaglechild: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
nissparts: Engine should be between 70 and 80k.
You will not need to change the transmission
Thanks, was just wondering why a couple of mechanics were advising changing both engine and gearbox.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by johnwell(m): 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
KA24DETT:
...What's the octane rating for the fuel in Nigeria?

...You can't add octane booster when you don't know your starting point.

Please how can someone knows the % of octane in the fuel?

what is octane booster?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2013
lets keep this thread alive
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2013
johnwell:

Please how can someone knows the % of octane in the fuel?

what is octane booster?

octane booster raises the octane level in your gas and only needed if you have a higher performance car than the factory builds
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Kingsteve(m): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2013
carr101:

octane booster raises the octane level in your gas and only needed if you have a higher performance car than the factory builds

Hmmmmmm, a female that knows about cars...impressive!

tongue
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2013
Kingsteve:

Hmmmmmm, a female that knows about cars...impressive!

tongue

wink
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
i'm still enquiring about the G35 sedan...manual transmission.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
yungboss: i'm still enquiring about the G35 sedan...manual transmission.

what year?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
carr101:

what year?
2003 model...information on horsepower, torque etc. How does it compare to the '06/'07 accord V6 and ''07/08 camry V6, in terms of speed, acceleration and power?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
yungboss:
2003 model...information on horsepower, torque etc. How does it compare to the '06/'07 accord V6 and ''07/08 camry V6, in terms of speed, acceleration and power?

well iv got very little information on the G35. But I know its a pretty fast sedan and easy to maintain. Maybe this will help:
http://www.cars.com/infiniti/g35/2003/snapshot
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
carr101:

well iv got very little information on the G35. But I know its a pretty fast sedan and easy to maintain. Maybe this will help:
http://www.cars.com/infiniti/g35/2003/snapshot
Thanks alot Carr...loads of info. I've always loved that G35,awesome engine. Seriously contemplating owning one...or a bmw 540i or any other bmw with similar performance.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2013
eaglechild: I have 1999 maxima which i got six years ago. I love the car and i'm attached to it. I changed the timing chain last year and it has been performing like a 4 cylinder instead of a v6.
I want to change the engine, any idea of the cost of a top grade one.
Do i also need to change the gear box? It is not giving any probs though.
I have a camry but i find it boring.
I need my maxima back till i can get a new one. Actually thinking of switching to a 3.5L V6 Altima.

STOP STOP STOP. Converting from maxima 3.0 to 3.5 is a big headache and not an easy job. Buy your engine and drop it in. Why did you change the timing chain? it is a life time item. I have owned couple of that maximas and i never did a timing chain. I had one with 340,000 km and regularly drive from canada to the states.
That 3.0 engine is a very good engine and lasts for a long time if well maintained
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 6:53am On Sep 13, 2013
yungboss: i'm still enquiring about the G35 sedan...manual transmission.

What year G35? the 6mt is fast. very very short throws but i dont like the clutch take off. i guess it is a nissan thing.
Friend had it and it was fun to drive
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 6:57am On Sep 13, 2013
We need to keep this thread going. There is alot to learn from our collective knowledge..
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by eaglechild: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
KA24DETT:

STOP STOP STOP. Converting from maxima 3.0 to 3.5 is a big headache and not an easy job. Buy your engine and drop it in. Why did you change the timing chain? it is a life time item. I have owned couple of that maximas and i never did a timing chain. I had one with 340,000 km and regularly drive from canada to the states.
That 3.0 engine is a very good engine and lasts for a long time if well maintained
i
meant
getting
a
new
car
a ltima3.5lv6
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2013
eaglechild:
i
meant
getting
a
new
car
a ltima3.5lv6

Thats a very good choice.. I think you can find it cheaper in naija . Most nigerians and their mechancis are not fond of V6. Keep us updated on your decision
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Wylout: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Moving from a 2007 maxima to 2010 model.

Love the stiff suspensions of the SE trim (2007 maxima) but the transmission is not as responsive as my 2003 model Maxima.

Question is-- Has anybody in the house had an experience with the 2010 maxima as regards the transmission?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
It's basically the same cvt transmission
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wylout: Moving from a 2007 maxima to 2010 model.

Love the stiff suspensions of the SE trim (2007 maxima) but the transmission is not as responsive as my 2003 model Maxima.

Question is-- Has anybody in the house had an experience with the 2010 maxima as regards the transmission?

I drove the 2010 maxima. It is a CVT and geared toward fuel economy so it shift up way too early unless u use the manual mode. I think it has to do with the way the transmission software is mapped. It is pretty good on gas.
The engine makes 290hp compared to the 255hp in 02-03 maxims. I couldnt tell the 35hp difference during my drive with the car.
The 07 maxima is a tad slower than the 02-03 maxima . 07 maxima is heavier than 02-03 maxima.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Gee2728(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2013
House I greet all of unna. Pls I am planning on acquiring an infiniti QX4. Cos its quite cheap and its needed for serious off road activity. I need the house to help me with information regarding this vehicle as relate to running cost and maintenance.. Tnx
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Wylout: 11:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
KA24DETT:

I drove the 2010 maxima. It is a CVT and geared toward fuel economy so it shift up way too early unless u use the manual mode. I think it has to do with the way the transmission software is mapped. It is pretty good on gas.
The engine makes 290hp compared to the 255hp in 02-03 maxims. I couldnt tell the 35hp difference during my drive with the car.
The 07 maxima is a tad slower than the 02-03 maxima . 07 maxima is heavier than 02-03 maxima.

You just confirmed my tots!!

The 02-03 maxima is faster than the 07 maxima.
Though i need to change my transmission fluid on the 07 maxima.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by micfoley: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hi. I am seriously thinking of purchasing a Nissan vehicle. What I have in mind is Rogue ,Qashqai or a Murano. Would like advice from guys who have experience with any of these regarding performance, fuel efficiency. availability of spare parts and suitability for Nigerian roads.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by cunlay007(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Help!!! Can any1 tell me the reason why my 2000 pathfinder keeps draining new battery over night,ve been removing the + side of the battery after packing it at night cos if I don't it will not start & dis is a new battery...help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.