Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,942 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (197406 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by AutoElectNG: 3:24pm On May 25, 2018
Peacefullife:

I notice the overhoverheating whenever I get to my destination, and off the engine, the coolant will just pour out . It is usually worse when I use the a.c. I think it is related to a.c operation

Do yourself and the car and any technician the favor of watching your dashboard so you can positively identify when it begins overheating which is when the coolant gauge begins moving from the center towards the danger zone so that your description of when it happens and how it happens can better assist us to diagnose the issue with the vehicle unseen.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by AutoElectNG: 3:25pm On May 25, 2018
I stand to be corrected but if you an auto enthusiast or avid DIY

One of the best OBD II softwares for mobile devices is Carista.

Watch a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvC4tKD37G4 I have no time to do my own review.

The beauty of Carista is the integration of some dealer level diagnostics for a price next to nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xIon5pXMic

The advanced features are paid for BUT THE COMPANY IS CURRENTLY TESTING SOME ADVANCED FEATURES IN BETA, SO YOU CAN TEST DRIVE THOSE WITHOUT PAYING AT THE MOMENT.

Details below:

currently looking for beta testers with the following vehicles:

BMW E-chassis models from 2008 - new customizations

Nissan, Infiniti, Renault, Dacia 2008+ – advanced diagnostics and customizations

Audi A4 B9, Q5 2017+ – customizations
VW Up!, Skoda Citigo, Seat Mii - customizations
BMW F-chassis models – customizations

Drop us an email at support@caristaapp.com to be added to the beta testing program and specify the following:

The exact brand, model and year of your vehicle
Your mobile platform: Android or iOS
(Android onlysmiley the Google account you use in Google Play Store
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by AutoElectNG: 11:04pm On May 31, 2018
Macbroomy:
AutoE.lectNG. I am genuinely grateful for your assistance thus far. You have been quite supportive and helpful in helping get my Infiniti QX4 back on the road. I sincerely cannot thank you enough. God bless you tremendously. Regards

Rotimi
Lagos

Any progress?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by FAFS15: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
greetings house, pls I need ur assistance my nissan sentra 02 sometimes slow down wen climbing hill and wen on traffic. wat might b d cause?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by empron(m): 6:02am On Aug 21, 2018
FAFS15:
greetings house, pls I need ur assistance my nissan sentra 02 sometimes slow down wen climbing hill and wen on traffic. wat might b d cause?
Do you meant went OFF in traffic?if yes crankshaft position sensor is the major issues on Nissan when it comes to that symptoms or better still run a scan and post the code here.Regards
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by m4goodlife: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hi peeps, I'm thinking of changing my car Honda to a better budget efficient car. Ordinary I would love to go for a Toyota but my budget right now can't afford that. I'm thinking of going for nissan altima 2001 model, but I rarely know much about the car especially its maintenance cost and how fuel efficient it is. I will appreciate an honest review of it. Thank you.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
m4goodlife:
Hi peeps, I'm thinking of changing my car Honda to a better budget efficient car. Ordinary I would love to go for a Toyota but my budget right now can't afford that. I'm thinking of going for nissan altima 2001 model, but I rarely know much about the car especially its maintenance cost and how fuel efficient it is. I will appreciate an honest review of it. Thank you.

Is this car you are considering, foreign used or Nigerian used?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by m4goodlife: 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Is this car you are considering, foreign used or Nigerian used?
Nigerian used
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oluwaseunla(m): 5:42am On Aug 22, 2018
m4goodlife:

Nigerian used

Exercise serious caution when buying a Nigerian used Nissan. A lot of them out there are seriously abused. Preferably, conduct a pre purchase inspection to have an idea of the present state of vehicle before parting with your money.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by MrBuzy: 12:55am On Aug 29, 2018
Good Day. Please what is the best engine oil to use for my Infiniti G35 2007 model.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 29, 2018
MrBuzy:
Good Day. Please what is the best engine oil to use for my Infiniti G35 2007 model.
For viscosity any of these should be all right: 5W30, 5W40, 10W40. I'd prefer 10W40.
For quality grade: SM or SN
Brand: Look out for the well-known ones. Most will opt for Mobil 1, but you need not if you find the cost prohibitive. I use Castrol on my 2012 Murano. Seems the local brands like Total and MRS are available, but I've not checked them out.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dru23(m): 9:46am On Aug 29, 2018
MrBuzy:

My brother if you love your car and your wallet... and you don't want to a regular visitor at the mechanic shop.. Please use USA spec Mobil which I do import.. The engine for that car can very expensive.. It is not a car that you toy with.. Once a mechanic starts messing with the engine that car is done for good ..USA spec Mobil 5w30 is highy reccomended especially extended performance at 17500k .... Email me for more information at dru23@hotmail.com and please use coolant instead of water .. A word is always enough for the wise...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dru23(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dru23(m): 9:52am On Aug 29, 2018
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2018
Here we go again. Undue scare.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Vested(m): 10:13am On Aug 29, 2018
dru23:

My brother if you love your car and your wallet... and you don't want to a regular visitor at the mechanic shop.. Please use USA spec Mobil which I do import.. The engine for that car can very expensive.. It is not a car that you toy with.. Once a mechanic starts messing with the engine that car is done for good ..USA spec Mobil 5w30 is highy reccomended especially extended performance at 17500k .... Email me for more information at dru23@hotmail.com and please use coolant instead of water .. A w ord is always enough for the wise...

Does it mean we should throw our manuals to the garbage bin?
I thought Manufacturer's recommendations are usually found in the owner's manual?

Anyways, what do I know sef?

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dru23(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2018
Vested:

Does it mean we should throw our manuals to the garbage bin?
I thought Manufacturer's recommendations are usually found in the owner's manual?

Anyways, what do I know sef?

Recommend oil for that car is 5w30 and one person reccomended 20w10 or something.. Something that was not even in the car manual... I no fit trust Nigeria oil at all ..g35 is a luxury car and you should be able to afford the best for it ..and most importantly the car will need a good coolant and never water ...Nigeria lacks good maintenance culture
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Vested(m): 10:25am On Aug 29, 2018
dru23:

Recommend oil for that car is 5w30 and one person reccomended 20w10 or something.. Something that was not even in the car manual... I no fit trust Nigeria oil at all ..g35 is a luxury car and you should be able to afford the best for it ..and most importantly the car will need a good coolant and never water ...Nigeria lacks good maintenance culture

There's always an oil grade spectrum in manuals. Also, we don't know the state of his engine at the moment.
Finally, I didn't see 20W10 above when someone gave an advice.
Most of what you've stated are in the owner's manual. The issue should be whether the manuals are being read by owners.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by thebigkendo(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2018
dru23:

grin grin grin Diportivo come carry this guy komot from here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dru23(m): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
thebigkendo:

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by FAFS15: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
empron:

Do you meant went OFF in traffic?if yes crankshaft position sensor is the major issues on Nissan when it comes to that symptoms or better still run a scan and post the code here.Regards

Thanks bro issue resolved after changing the fuel pump. I actually conducted a scan it says throttle.
Put the issue now is the pack and reverse anytime I put on pack simetimes it will not enter well resulting to not starting until I put it on D and Tru R dn P. What might be D cause?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Crixie(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
MrBuzy:
You can't go wrong with 5w30 /0w 30.If you have the funds, a good fully synthetic brand would be awesome (SM/SN)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by thebigkendo(m): 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
FAFS15:

Thanks bro issue resolved after changing the fuel pump. I actually conducted a scan it says throttle.
Put the issue now is the pack and reverse anytime I put on pack simetimes it will not enter well resulting to not starting until I put it on D and Tru R dn P. What might be D cause?

Maybe a Misadjusted Park/Neutral Switch or Gear shift cable.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by FAFS15: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
thebigkendo:

Maybe a Misadjusted Park/Neutral Switch or Gear shift cable.

OK Thanks.
I will take it to m/c to check on it .
Once again Thanks.
Hope it will cost me much
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dru23(m): 12:47am On Aug 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by radautoworks: 5:14am On Aug 30, 2018
MrBuzy:

5W30 is the ONLY recommended oil for this car. I've also put all your other fluids for you below

CARQUEST All Season Motor Oil, 5W-30 N9,855 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620-5QT

OR

CARQUEST Synthetic Motor Oil, 5W-30 N16,060 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ930-5QT

You can use either but be aware once you start using synthetic oil, it is NOT recommended to go back to conventional.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by thebigkendo(m): 8:42am On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

5W30 is the ONLY recommended oil for this car. I've also put all your other fluids for you below

CARQUEST All Season Motor Oil, 5W-30 N9,855 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ620-5QT

OR

CARQUEST Synthetic Motor Oil, 5W-30 N16,060 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ930-5QT

You can use either but be aware once you start using synthetic oil, it is NOT recommended to go back to conventional.

I actually think switching should not be a problem, as long its same oil weight/grade and motor does not have any pending sludge issue it.
If any switch will bring up any issue, it should be the other way round (ie going from conventional to synthetic) like in Uncle Yusuf's corolla engine wink
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by radautoworks: 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

I actually think switching should not be a problem, as long its same oil weight/grade and motor does not have any pending sludge issue it.
If any switch will bring up any issue, it should be the other way round (ie going from conventional to synthetic) like in Uncle Yusuf's corolla engine wink

In our experience, it's the downgrade that causes problems. It's not guaranteed to but when there have been issues, it was caused by going from syn to conventional.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by thebigkendo(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

In our experience, it's the downgrade that causes problems. It's not guaranteed to but when there have been issues, it was caused by going from syn to conventional.

Alright.. I have been switching between synthetic and synthetic blend and back, all 5w-30.
Depending on my bank balance when oil change is due grin grin grin... No issue yet..
Might try out conventional in my next oil change grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by computerizeniaja(m): 8:29am On Aug 31, 2018
Hello House..what is the best engine and gear oil for 2010 morano..
Would be glad for your response
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Crixie(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2018
computerizeniaja:
Hello House..what is the best engine and gear oil for 2010 morano..
Would be glad for your response
Any Good 5w30 (synthetic is the best) engine oil should do,Gear oil however should be Genuine Nissan NS 2 or High quality CTV fluid alternative

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.