Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,973 members, 7,799,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (197211 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lol, yes the headlights are expensive.
The oil change interval depends on if you use 5w30 regular or synthetic.

Regular 3000mile intervals
Synthetic 5000mile intervals

The dashboard cleaner + sunlight results in dashboard cracks and bubbling
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Issyman(m): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
oga Nissparts, I own a 96 Nissan almera automatic transmission. I am in love with the car seriously but my problem with the car is the A/c. I have spent over N150k trying to fix this problem on different occasion. different guys have worked on it but all to no avail. some months back, a guy told me to fix a Toyota camry dryer and condenser. he gave all the assurance in this world that it will work. I commissioned him with 35k to fix it. unfortunately, he changed them 2ce and claimed that all is well. after test running the car, I discover the a/c only cools when I accelerate, he claimed that the compressor he bought was damaged by the faulty condenser or dryer which he had to change. so he requested me to buy another compressor which I refuse for the past three months.
my question is that do you think if I do that, the a/c will work perfectly and also can you get me a very good compressor cos I discovered that all compressors I have bought so far in Abuja are not always good.
expecting your response.
thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hi, sorry, I dont do a/c repairs but I can check with a supplier for the compressor 2mrw.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Issyman(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
nissparts: Hi, sorry, I dont do a/c repairs but I can check with a supplier for the compressor 2mrw.

Thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by dayon2012: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2013
hello nisspart, how are u? hope you are doing good? please my brother just got a pathfinder 2002 SE model;2 wheel drive., i will like to know what to watch out for, in terms of maintainance , servicing , atf, to use, engine oil, engine oil treatment, fuel treatment, and other regular or irregular things to watch out for
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2013
Dayon, I have replied to your email
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Issyman(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2013
nissparts, am still expecting your response. you said you will help me ask a friend of yours about the compressor. thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Issy,

The compressor is 15k
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Issyman(m): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
nissparts: Issy,

The compressor is 15k

Ok. Thanks. Aw much will it cost to send to me in Abj. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
It's quite heavy and we use fedex.
If you stick to that, you'll be looking at around 7500
I dont know how much the luxury buses would charge though
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by magictouch: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hi Nisspart,

I have a Nissan Sentra 2005, it is actually my first car, problem now is that it consumes too much fuel and the engine seems to be giving problem, the mechanic worked on it but now it seems I have to be topping oil and I dont know how long am to continue doing that. I need an expert to take a proper look at the Engine to ascertain the exact problem. Pls are u in Lagos, if u are not can u recommend a good auto repairer to me.
Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
My number is 08022228273
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tosin2013: 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pls Oga nissparts. Am interested in Dayon's que.mine is a pathfinder 01. What do I need to watch out for? Aw best to maintain it
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2013
magictouch: Hi Nisspart,

I have a Nissan Sentra 2005, it is actually my first car, problem now is that it consumes too much fuel and the engine seems to be giving problem, the mechanic worked on it but now it seems I have to be topping oil and I dont know how long am to continue doing that. I need an expert to take a proper look at the Engine to ascertain the exact problem. Pls are u in Lagos, if u are not can u recommend a good auto repairer to me.
Thanks

Scan the car first
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 7:34am On Dec 24, 2013
DJX50:

Ok, was just wondering. A few people have advised me not to touch it with a long pole also, though my heart is still stuck there....
I just wish I could get assurance from an expert Nissan mechanic's opinion that i can go ahead and buy it, but unfortunately there's none close to me.

It's all about maintenance bro. Nissans don't like abuses compared to Toyotas.
I currently own 02 maxima 6speed. Very reliable. This is my 7th Nissan maxima. I will never trade the car for a Toyota . Love that 3.5l engine . U can see a picture of it on my profile .

What to watch out for . Oil leak in some 02-03 (requires top up ). Wheel Bearing go easily ( u are pushing 255hp).
Among my boys , we all drive Maximas. We call it cheap power . It's fast. Very fast.
Any car you decide to buy, u have to pay very good attention to it. Maintenance is the key . The car is an extension of you. U should tell when there is loss of power , High gas consumption. You should feel it.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2013
nissparts: Lol, yes the headlights are expensive.
The oil change interval depends on if you use 5w30 regular or synthetic.

Regular 3000mile intervals
Synthetic 5000mile intervals

The dashboard cleaner + sunlight results in dashboard cracks and bubbling

5,000 mile synthetic is way too early bro. Good for business , can't hate on the hustle.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2013
Kingsteve:

Forget about the number of complaints for now, and look at the reason for their complaints...numbers are secondary, reason for the complaints, primary.
Most common problems reported were...transmission issues, Radiator issues (leaking, overheating, coolant mixing with transmission), excessive oil consumption, and Engine problems.
However, from the Infiniti complaints, you'll hardly find the aforementioned problems, rather the type of problems they complained about were, accessories problems, eg: dashboard cracks, leather cracks on seats (common with the FX), electrical problems on select models (G37), Brakes wearing out prematurely, and few other complaints, which in my opinion, are manageable!

Let's put it this way, the Infiniti complaints are not as severe as the Nissan brand.
It has nothing to do with sheer volume of sales...the problems are there.
However, Nissan have tried to rectify some of those common problems on their newer models, but the question is: how many people can really afford to buy the newer models, especially in Africa, where everything is cash 'n' carry?

EDIT: Before I got my Infiniti sedan, I really wanted an SUV...be it Pathfinder or Xterra, but after reading the horrible reviews about most Nissan products, I did the needful.
I then started researching on their luxury brand...Infiniti, surprisingly, the reviews were ok, not perfect, but something I could live with.
I then made up my mind to get the FX35 or FX45, but I also got discouraged by the price, and also the cracking dashboards.
I finally got the M35 sedan, which has the FX35 engine.
A solid car, with loads of gadgets and ehh...gimmicks, the only problem; ground clearance is low, which means, some roads are prohibited.
I have a second car for my daily movement, so I can live with that.

Nissan products are generally flashy, hence; my initial attraction to the brand, but reliability is highly questionable!

Bro, infiniti and Nissan both use the same engine . VQ 35 on your M35 is same as FX35 , maxima , Altima ,G35. Different configuration for RWD and FWD.
It's the engine that brought nissan back to life . Actually started with the VQ30 on the 1995 Nissan maxima .
Infiniti is a low volume brand so obviously you won't find as much reviews online compared to Nissan .

I remember back in 2004 I use to switch up parts between my 98 maxima and 98 infiniti Q30. I swap parts from the q30 into my maxima to give it a premium look and it fits perfectly . Good ol days
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2013
KA24DETT:

I currently own 02 maxima 6speed. Very reliable. This is my 7th Nissan maxima. I will never trade the car for a Toyota . Love that 3.5l engine . U can see a picture of it on my profile .

What to watch out for . Oil leak in some 02-03 (requires top up ). Wheel Bearing go easily ( u are pushing 255hp).
Among my boys , we all drive Maximas. We call it cheap power and fuel economy is very good for a v6 with that much power. It's fast.
I average 9-10L/100km going 130km/hr.
Any car you decide to buy, u have to pay very good attention to it. Maintenance is the key . The car is an extension of you. U should tell when there is loss of power , High gas consumption. You should feel it.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
KA24DETT:

Among my boys , we all drive Maximas. We call it cheap power . It's fast. Very fast.

Your tips have been most helpful since I got my Maxima. The car is really sensitive and not for someone without a maintainance culture.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Kingsteve(m): 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
KA24DETT:

Bro, infiniti and Nissan both use the same engine . VQ 35 on your M35 is same as FX35 , maxima , Altima ,G35. Different configuration for RWD and FWD.
It's the engine that brought nissan back to life . Actually started with the VQ30 on the 1995 Nissan maxima .
Infiniti is a low volume brand so obviously you won't find as much reviews online compared to Nissan .

I remember back in 2004 I use to switch up parts between my 98 maxima and 98 infiniti Q30. I swap parts from the q30 into my maxima to give it a premium look and it fits perfectly . Good ol days

Same Engine...yes/maybe.
How about other components/parts? eg: transmission
I still believe, Infiniti brands are well built, with more attention to detail, hence; Nissan's luxury brand.

Are Lexus brands of the same quality and build, with its Toyota counterpart?
Is AMG of the same quality with the regular Mercedes Benz?
Same with Accura/Honda combo.
Yes, the luxury brands are from the same parent company/Manufacturer, and also share 60-70% of parts, but they are called 'LUXURY' brands for a reason!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kingsteve:

Same Engine...yes/maybe.
How about other components/parts? eg: transmission
I still believe, Infiniti brands are well built, with more attention to detail, hence; Nissan's luxury brand.

Are Lexus brands of the same quality and build, with its Toyota counterpart?
Is AMG of the same quality with the regular Mercedes Benz?
Same with Accura/Honda combo.
Yes, the luxury brands are from the same parent company/Manufacturer, and also share 60-70% of parts, but they are called 'LUXURY' brands for a reason!

In some models, the transmission is the same . Infiniti q30 shares the same transmission as the maxima. Heck even the b16 Nissan sentra shared the same 4 speed auto tranny.
Fast forward to 2005, infiniti and maxima shared the same 5 speed.
Luxury comes with what you see I.e interior pieces, better quality leather .

Among Toyota and Lexus. Lexus ES is same as Toyota Camry . From engine to transmission. We call lexus ES a rebadged Camry. It same ish.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
KA24DETT:

5,000 mile synthetic is way too early bro. Good for business , can't hate on the hustle.

You forget that in Nigeria, it can take a driver a year to clock 5000 miles
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 6:44am On Jan 05, 2014
nissparts:

You forget that in Nigeria, it can take a driver a year to clock 5000 miles

A year .. Woow. Seems like people don't drive that much there
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ade1234: 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
I drive a Nissan Pathfinder 2001 model Automatic transmission. My problem is with the cooling system, without the use of the A/C the engine temperature is alright no problems at all.

But, whenever, I switch on the A/C the temperature rises beyond expectation "above 100 degrees centigrade". I usually had to switch it off must times especially in traffics. Some mechanics advised that I should removed the two thermostat to resolve this issue.

Please what do you think or advise professionally?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 12:27am On Jan 06, 2014
First check to confirm your fans come on when you put on the ac. If they do, then
Start by steam washing (hot water) your radiator.
If it continues, replace your radiator cap.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ogmask: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
@lomomike,
Tnx for redirecting me.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ade1234: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks Nisspart,
I will follow your advise tomorrow morning, afterwards I will get back to you on the outcome.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
No it's not.
Only use NS-2 for Nissans that require it.
NO ALTERNATIVES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.