Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? (2710 Views)

Something Wrong With Benny Hinn's Official Facebook Account / Praying To God By Using The Name Of Your Pastor,is It Something Wrong? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 08, 2013
A simple question; how do you feel about these comments?

JeSoul:

Gifts I manifest - from a young age I've always been able to 'discern/distinguish spirits' and have a 'knowledge' of things that I may not have necessarily studied. I've never spoken in tongues and some people will immediately say I am not a christian and have never received the Holy Spirit smiley...my very life is proof that is just not true.

These gifts are given from God, BUT they also have to be used and thereby are being 'developed' as you grow and mature. Your 'spiritual acumen' must be kept sharp by constant 'practice' which comes from fellowshipping with fellow believers and dwelling in God's presence.

https://www.nairaland.com/1223017/christians-few-questions-holy-spirit#14759856

JeSoul: Sure brother.

Yes. I have walked into churches/church events and immediately left because I felt the presence of evil. Or a preacher opens his/her mouth and I'll know they're lying. Certain relatives I actually stayed away from even as I child because I knew something was 'wrong' with them. I have travelled to certain cities and known it was a devil's stronghold. Sometimes the discernment is a 'feeling', other times it comes in a dream, other times I may actually 'see' it, other times it is a 'perception', other times it is a 'peace' or an 'uneasiness'... much like the other gifts, one must try to 'practice' and stay sharp.

snr brother, we thank God. Please share your own too so we can all learn.

Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 08, 2013
What's your point?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 08, 2013
musKeeto: What's your point?

Guy, answer the question. If feel there is nothing wrong, say something. If you feel that there is something wrong say something.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Mranony: 6:05am On Jun 08, 2013
What's the point of the op?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by ghostofsparta(m): 6:47am On Jun 08, 2013
If those comments are true as claimed by their posters, then it's a clear evidence of 'religious delusion'. Period.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 08, 2013
ghostofsparta: If those comments are true as claimed by their posters, then it's a clear evidence of 'religious delusion'. Period.

Period. angry

It is not even the delusion that bothers me. What pains me is the fact that the poster can just shun people/places as being wrong/evil without any evidence. The holy spirit guides in illogical discrimination grin grin

"Certain relatives I actually stayed away from even as I child because I knew something was 'wrong' with them. I have travelled to certain cities and known it was a devil's stronghold"

Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Mranony: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Period. angry

It is not even the delusion that bothers me. What pains me is the fact that the poster can just shun people/places as being wrong/evil without any evidence. The holy spirit guides in illogical discrimination grin grin
Mtscheew, is that what was bugging you? I thought you had something better to cry about. Anyway, so long enjoy your thread I've got better things to waste my time on.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by alexleo(m): 8:52am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Period. angry

Silly comment. I thought you are asking to learn but your foolishness continues to grow in leaps and bounds. There is nothing wrong with those comments. If they are beyond your understandng, you either humble yourself and learn or shut up your mouth.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2013
alexleo:

Silly comment. I thought you are asking to learn but your foolishness continues to grow in leaps and bounds. There is nothing wrong with those comments. If they are beyond your understandng, you either humble yourself and learn or shut up your mouth.

lol....so do you also have the holy spirit to guide you from people who have "something wrong with them"?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by MrTroll(m): 10:16am On Jun 08, 2013
outc@st:
Rubbish!!!

Olodo if you do not understand what she meant, go ask her angry
alexleo:

Mr anony: What's the point of the op?
I wonder if it was a muslim or Billionaire that made those comments what y'all would have said in response. Brethren in christ,lmao!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr Troll: I wonder if it was a muslim or Billionaire that made this comment what y'all would have said to them.

Thank you. The hypocrites have come in full force.

Imagine if I said that Amadioha gave me some discerning spirit to know that some people have withccraft in them and I avoid those people.....

This is exactly what Jesoul said
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by outcst: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr Troll: I wonder if it was a muslim or Billionaire that made those comments what y'all would have said in response. Brethren in christ,lmao!

Muskeeto oya shift before I call you Olodo!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2013
outc@st:

Oh boy, I no blame you.. Even me think say I don open another account..

grin

I know who it's.. It's all a mind game.. wink
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by outcst: 11:38am On Jun 08, 2013
musKeeto:

grin

shocked grin
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Creatrixity(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
Its all delusion!
Christians with the 'gift of suspicion' calling it 'discernment of spirits'.
If a house is painted black,it is demonic house,however,if a house is painted white,it is where God lives!!
#delusion i say!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by amanda2013(f): 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
mtchwwww *next*
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
Creatrixity: Its all delusion!
Christians with the 'gift of suspicion' calling it 'discernment of spirits'.
If a house is painted black,it is demonic house,however,if a house is painted white,it is where God lives!!
#delusion i say!

Thank you.

These new age christians and their holy spirit aka discerning spirit no go kill person!
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
The most disturbing thing is that Seun made her a moderator.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: The most disturbing thing is that Seun made her a moderator.

Guy, wrong thread.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Creatrixity(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thank you.

These new age christians and their holy spirit aka discerning spirit no go kill person!
The 'gift of suspicion thingy' is not my own invention however.
It was explained by a very popular pioneer of the word of faith movement.
Anyway i believe the person quoted just got the spooks and labelled it according to her own understanding,so not wrong either..
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
Creatrixity:
The 'gift of suspicion thingy' is not my own invention however.
It was explained by a very popular pioneer of the word of faith movement.
Anyway i believe the person quoted just got the spooks and labelled it according to her own understanding,so not wrong either..

Thanks for the explanation but it is still wrong.

Not only is it judgemental (aganst the bible that says we shouldnt judge) it is illogical.

discerning spirit my azz
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Creatrixity(m): 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thanks for the explanation but it is still wrong.

Not only is it judgemental (aganst the bible that says we shouldnt judge) it is illogical.

discerning spirit my azz
Context man,context..
Discernment is a wee bit different from judging..
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by MrTroll(m): 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
outc@st:

nice try. grin
musKeeto:

grin

no you don't. I dare you to guess tongue
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 09, 2013
Mr Troll: nice try. grin
no you don't. I dare you to guess tongue
So, it's not a mind game?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by MrTroll(m): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2013
musKeeto:
So, it's not a mind game?
mind game between who and who na
I'm just a new member who registered a few days ago. embarassed
Or do u think you I have another moniker?
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2013
This is the root of religious intolerance. Look no further. I wonder how she will be in regular life. These are the kind of people that will fire employees or subordinates because they "felt the presence of evil". Or even because they dress in a way they dont approve of because "the dressing was authoured by marine spirits". These are the kind of people who dream a bad dream and stop greeting their neighbours because of it.
By the way, if she has the spirit of discernment and cannot discern the next rising company shares in the Nigerian stock market, then it is just laughable.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by alexleo(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: The most disturbing thing is that Seun made her a moderator.

How is it disturbing to you? Simply lack of understanding of what she said is your problem. Go to another thread pls. Your mind is too shallow to understand her comments.
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by MrTroll(m): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
alexleo:

How is it disturbing to you? Simply lack of understanding of what she said is your problem. Go to another thread pls.Your mind is too shallow to understand her comments.
o ye wise one of deep understanding!

In fact seriously, you guys are really disgusting. I don't see how such statements which were written in plain English would require some esoteric insight in order to see the depravity ccontained therein, except when its someone of your religion in which the statement of course becomes acceptable, commendable even and then anybody who disagrees is a heathen of shallow understanding. I spit at your hypocrisy, all of you angry

#trolling continues cool

1 Like

Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
Mr Troll: o ye wise one of deep understanding!

In fact seriously, you guys are really disgusting. I don't see how such statements which were written in plain English would require some esoteric insight in order to see the depravity ccontained therein, except when its someone of your religion in which the statement of course becomes acceptable, commendable even and then anybody who disagrees is a heathen of shallow understanding. I spit at your hypocrisy, all of you angry

#trolling continues cool

Sir, I throway salute for you!

Epic debunkery of that religious nonsense,sir

Well done
Re: Is There Something Wrong With These Comments? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: This is the root of religious intolerance. Look no further. I wonder how she will be in regular life. These are the kind of people that will fire employees or subordinates because they "felt the presence of evil". Or even because they dress in a way they dont approve of because "the dressing was authoured by marine spirits". These are the kind of people who dream a bad dream and stop greeting their neighbours because of it.
By the way, if she has the spirit of discernment and cannot discern the next rising company shares in the Nigerian stock market, then it is just laughable.

@ bold,;

I know so many useless people like that. I have an employee that actually said- "my spirit told me that there is something wrong that boy. It is something affecting him from his family".

The boy that the employee was actually talking about was just a boy that loved to chase girls- the boy is in yankee studying to be a doctor and theres nothing wrong with him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Ondo Youths Die From Strange Illnesses Due To Sacrilege Done To Molokun, God / No Afterlife? / There Are Going To Be Many Surprises On That Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.