Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Truth In Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth In Us (1555 Views)

10 Reasons You May Not Hear The Whole Truth In The Church…. / Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. / Tithing Truth In A Nutshell - False Prophets Please Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
The Truth in Us
June 8, 2013

"For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever" (2 John 2).

The word "truth" occurs more in the gospel of John than in any other book of the New Testament, and it occurs in the first epistle of John more than in any other book except John's gospel. Then, it occurs more in John's two one-chapter epistles (2 and 3 John) than in any other New Testament book save John and 1 John. Surely one of the great themes in John's writings is truth!

God is, indeed, the God of truth, and His written Word is "the scripture of truth" (Daniel 10:21). "For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth" (Psalm 33:4). The Lord Jesus Christ is, in fact, the very incarnation of truth. "I am the way, the truth, and the life," He asserted (John 14:6).

Surely truth dwells forever in Christ, for He is Himself the Creator and is thereby the very definition of truth. But how can it be that truth dwells in us and shall be with us forever? This is certainly not the case with the natural man.

It can only be by the Holy Spirit, of course, and this is what Christ—who is the truth—has promised. "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you" (John 14:16-17).

That being so, with the Holy Spirit of truth indwelling us forever, our words, and deeds, and our very lives should be characterized by truth and complete consistency. "Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor" (Ephesians 4:25). "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth" (1 John 1:6). HMM

For more . . . .

2 Likes

Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
Thanks Ola.

No one can come to God except through Jesus - He is The Way

Jesus is the Word of God - He is The Truth

The soul that sinneth shall surely die. Jesus never sinned and therefore He who has Jesus has Life - He is The Life
Re: The Truth In Us by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
A God made by man undoubtedly has need of man to make himself known to man. ― Percy Bysshe Shelley
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Thanks Ola.

No one can come to God except through Jesus - He is The Way

Jeus is the Word of God - He is The Truth

The soul that sinneth shall surely die. Jesus never sinned and therefore He who has Jesus has Life - He is The Life

Yes. Jesus is the Truth personified. There is no other way and in Him we have eternal life.
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
yes Jesus is the truth but you still balance d truth with lies, hypocrisy, deception and judaism.thats all you do on this forum.the truth has npt set you free completely.dont you know d law keeps in bondage but the truth sets free?when d truth is to set u free,from what is d truth going to set you free from if not from d bnondage of d law?this new covenant is not according to the old,do you know that?you are in bondage and you cant see it,come to d truth n b set free completely. @Ola.

1 Like

Re: The Truth In Us by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
flourishG: yes Jesus is the truth but you still balance d truth with lies, hypocrisy, deception and judaism.thats all you do on this forum.the truth has npt set you free completely.dont you know d law keeps in bondage but the truth sets free?when d truth is to set u free,from what is d truth going to set you free from if not from d bnondage of d law?this new covenant is not according to the old,do you know that?you are in bondage and you cant see it,come to d truth n b set free completely. @Ola.

1000 likes.
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

1000 likes.

thank u brother.its time to shut the mouth of these judaizers that camouflage n parade themselves as christians.today they come with jesus is truth that sets free, the next post it is the bondage of keeping d law they teach us to return to.when is all dis madness going to end?can't we just look unto d jesus d author n finisher of our faith?
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
flourishG:

yes Jesus is the truth but you still balance d truth with lies, hypocrisy, deception and judaism.thats all you do on this forum.the truth has npt set you free completely.dont you know d law keeps in bondage but the truth sets free?when d truth is to set u free,from what is d truth going to set you free from if not from d bnondage of d law?this new covenant is not according to the old,do you know that?you are in bondage and you cant see it,come to d truth n b set free completely. @Ola.

You need to repent and believe the gospel. It is the truth that you know and act upon that will set you free.
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
flourishG:

thank u brother.its time to shut the mouth of these judaizers that camouflage n parade themselves as christians.today they come with jesus is truth that sets free, the next post it is the bondage of keeping d law they teach us to return to.when is all dis madness going to end?can't we just look unto d jesus d author n finisher of our faith?

You need to read the thread of hell's best kept secret to discover how satan has held you captive against your will.
Re: The Truth In Us by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You need to repent and believe the gospel. It is the truth that you know and act upon that will set you free.

But you don't even know what the gospel is, how can you preach it ?
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

1000 likes.

You better love the truth who can set you free from the captivity of satan.
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

But you don't even know what the gospel is, how can you preach it ?

If you do not have anything edifying to the body of Christ as regarding the OP why don't you just move on?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
flourishG: dont you know d law keeps in bondage but the truth sets free?when d truth is to set u free,from what is d truth going to set you free from if not from d bnondage of d law?this new covenant is not according to the old,do you know that?you are in bondage and you cant see it,come to d truth n b set free completely. @Ola.

I have decided to make it simple so all those who think being in Christ translates to lawlessness can understand.

Written law of old:
Matthew 5:27
You have heard that it was said to those of old,[a] ‘You shall not commit adultery.

The TRUTH which Jesus gave:
Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart

Can you compare this and understand the meaning of truth? With what Jesus has said in Matthew 5:28 above, has it explained the perfect meaning of being dead to the law, 'not under the law', free from the law regarding that particular command? Does it not simply prove to you that you are not in bondage to that law because the heart is free from lust already because of Jesus?

Have you ever asked yourself how even though the scriptures have said you are free from the law, it never said your are lawless? The day you understand all this, the day you will understand a better meaning of the TRUTH! Truth makes you go beyond the law because you are living the love of God out. May God help us.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth In Us by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If you do not have anything edifying to the body of Christ as regarding the OP why don't you just move on?

what have you contributed other than deception with the lies of tithe, false visions of hell and heaven etc
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

what have you contributed other than deception with the lies of tithe, false visions of hell and heaven etc

That explains it! My posts most have done a lot of damage to the gates of hell, hence the fury you display here. shocked
Re: The Truth In Us by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That explains it! My posts most have done a lot of damage to the gates of hell, hence the fury you display here.

No , while indeed you have posted some worthy articles, some crucial articles have been deceptive , false and very misleading.
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

No , while indeed you have posted some worthy articles, some crucial articles have been deceptive , false and very misleading.

As long as my post plunders hell and populates heaven you can rant and cry all you want. tongue
Re: The Truth In Us by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

As long as my post plunders hell and populates heaven you can rant and cry all you want. tongue

You are not plundering a non-existent hell, you are unwittingly doing the devil's works for him.
Re: The Truth In Us by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

You are not plundering a non-existent hell, you are unwittingly doing the devil's works for him.

According to you not the bible
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
Alwaystrue:

I have decided to make it simple so all those who think being in Christ translates to lawlessness can understand.

Written law of old:
You have heard that it was said to those of old,[a] ‘You shall not commit adultery.

But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart

Can you compare this and understand the meaning of truth? With what Jesus has said in Matthew 5:28 above, has it explained the perfect meaning of being dead to the law, 'not under the law', free from the law regarding that particular command? Does it not simply prove to you that you are not in bondage to that law because the heart is free from lust already because of Jesus?

Have you ever asked yourself how even though the scriptures have said you are free from the law, it never said your are lawless? The day you understand all this, the day you will understand a better meaning of the TRUTH! Truth makes you go beyond the law because you are living the love of God out. May God help us.

May the Lord richly bless you with His wisdom. For the day these antinomians understand this solemn truth you posted here would be the day they would know that grace grants us freedom from sin and not freedom to sin. We receive freedom to choose not to sin.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 5:14am On Jun 12, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Written law of old:

which law are u talking about?there are different kinds of law in d bible which one u talking about?don't tell me u are judaizer like your master brother ola?which law are Christians support to obey?Moses?
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 5:16am On Jun 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

May the Lord richly bless you with His wisdom. For the day these antinomians understand this solemn truth you posted here would be the day they would know that grace grants us freedom from sin and not freedom to sin. We receive freedom to choose not to sin.
what n where is d truth?in Christ or in Moses or both?
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12am On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG:

what n where is d truth?in Christ or in Moses or both?

Truth is not a concept. He's a Person and His name is Jesus Christ the Son of God. Do you know Him?

Guess who is waiting to accuse you if you don't repent:

"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"
(John 5:45-47)
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Truth is not a concept. He's a Person and His name is Jesus Christ the Son of God. Do you know Him?

Guess who is waiting to accuse you if you don't repent:

(John 5:45-47)
do u need to go back to elementary school?if Moses wrote about someone n dat person is truth n I knew abt dat person thru Moses n d person has come n saved me,not Moses n d person is better Dan Moses n am told to follow dat person,why do u still tell me to follow Moses?can I serve n follow 2 masters?

1 Like

Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG:

do u need to go back to elementary school?if Moses wrote about someone n dat person is truth n I knew abt dat person thru Moses n d person has come n saved me,not Moses n d person is better Dan Moses n am told to follow dat person,why do u still tell me to follow Moses?can I serve n follow 2 masters?

You need to listen to Moses if you are to be brought to the feet of the cross. God only gives grace to the humble but resists the proud in heart. Believing in a parachute will do you no good if you refuse to put it on. If the knowledge of sin through the law doesn't humble you then you will not be able to receive the grace of God to go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: The Truth In Us by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You need to listen to Moses if you are to be brought to the feet of the cross. God only gives grace to the humble but resists the proud in heart. Believing in a parachute will do you no good if you refuse to put it on. If the knowledge of sin through the law doesn't humble you then you will not be able to receive the grace of God to go and sin no more.

carry your legalism and go away , leave us to live in and by grace.
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
frosbel:

carry your legalism and go away , leave us to live in and by grace.

Here is the law to the proud and grace to the humble respectively. God gives grace to the humble and resists the proud.

The first 4 are the vertical while the last 6 are the horizontal laws to the proud:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

This last part is where grace gives us the freedom from the bondage of death, and it only applies to the humble.

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments. Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past. We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48 ), neither is our heart pure. On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame. Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed. We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell. Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath. Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.

1 Like

Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG: which law are u talking about?there are different kinds of law in d bible which one u talking about?don't tell me u are judaizer like your master brother ola?which law are Christians support to obey?Moses?

What is the Law? The law is truth (Psalm 119:142 & 160. The Laws of God....summed up in Love and broken down as seen in so many parts of the bible like the 10 commandments.

Grace is what helps you do what you cannot ordinarily do. Grace helps you in time of need (Hebrews 4:16) - Please go back and study why it said GRACE TO HELP IN TIME OF NEED. Paul said should sin abound because of Grace?
Grace is not license to sin, grace is help to live above sin. What is sin....it is lack of faith (romans 14:23) and it is transgression of the law (I John 3:4). Even Paul said he would not have known sin if not for the law (Romans 7:7).

So if people do not know sin, why will they think they need Jesus or His grace then? It is until they see themselves as not fit for eternal life because of their sin (even if they are 'good'), it is then they will truly understand the reason why they have to accept our Lord Jesus Christ. Then the Holy Spirit will guide them in ALL TRUTH and thus they will be able to reflect and exhibit the fruits fo the spirit.

We are not under the law, we are dead to sin. We are free from the law (NOT ABOVE THE LAW) because we have the grace to live above sin....) in spirit and not of the flesh. That is why HE that is in Christ fulfills the law in the righteousness of it. (Romans 8:4).
Check it out, even though the bible says we are free from the law, it never said we are lawless....
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

dude I hv listened to Moses n all he did was condemn me to death by stoning but when I listened to Christ he made me see d need not to continue to sin n give me grace for a beta person.who should I serve?d person that said I shld b stoned to death n condemn me or d one dat tells me how to live better but don't condemn me:case reference,woman caught in adultery.where was d man? I or anyone else might n d man not revealed until dis day.do u know that?
Re: The Truth In Us by flourishG(m): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Alwaystrue:

What is the Law? The law is truth (Psalm 119:142 & 160. The Laws of God....summed up in Love and broken down as seen in so many parts of the bible like the 10 commandments.

Grace is what helps you do what you cannot ordinarily do. Grace helps you in time of need (Hebrews 4:16) - Please go back and study why it said GRACE TO HELP IN TIME OF NEED. Paul said should sin abound because of Grace?
Grace is not license to sin, grace is help to live above sin. What is sin....it is lack of faith (romans 14:23) and it is transgression of the law (I John 3:4). Even Paul said he would not have known sin if not for the law (Romans 7:7).

So if people do not know sin, why will they think they need Jesus or His grace then? It is until they see themselves as not fit for eternal life because of their sin (even if they are 'good'), it is then they will truly understand the reason why they have to accept our Lord Jesus Christ. Then the Holy Spirit will guide them in ALL TRUTH and thus they will be able to reflect and exhibit the fruits fo the spirit.

We are not under the law, we are dead to sin. We are free from the law (NOT ABOVE THE LAW) because we have the grace to live above sin....) in spirit and not of the flesh. That is why HE that is in Christ fulfills the law in the righteousness of it. (Romans 8:4).
Check it out, even though the bible says we are free from the law, it never said we are lawless....

talking jargons!do u think or assume am saying we are free from d law means I am lawless?y do u think or assume dats what am saying?how can d law b truth when Jesus says he is he truth n life?do u know d use of law means 3 different meanings?can u list them?y avoiding d questions asked?what law are u teaching us to continue to keeping?yoke of bondage law?how many categories of law are there in bible?
Re: The Truth In Us by Alwaystrue(f): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG: talking jargons!do u think or assume am saying we are free from d law means I am lawless?y do u think or assume dats what am saying?how can d law b truth when Jesus says he is he truth n life?do u know d use of law means 3 different meanings?can u list them?y avoiding d questions asked?what law are u teaching us to continue to keeping?yoke of bondage law?how many categories of law are there in bible?

So if you are not saying anything about lawlessness, does it not mean you keep the law? Let me post the bible verses so you will understand that Jesus is the law fulfilled.

Psalm 119:142 & 160
142Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and your law is the truth
160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 17:17
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth

Since the Word of GOd is true and God's word is law and the world of God is Jesus Christ who is the fulfilment of the law, what is the issue?
I simply explained what the truth of the law meant to you...exactly what Jesus said and the only way to fulfil that truth is Jesus Christ.

All Jesus said and did while on earth was the truth, He spoke the TRUTH to everyone (disciples, sinners, pharisees). The Holy Spirit He sent as comforter, guides us in ALL truth which is seen in the scriptures.
Thanks.

@Ola has highlighted the commandments of God in his last post and I ask does your faith in Jesus nullify you having to do those commands? Does the grace you have make you shun those commands? NO ONE has answered. If you do the commands of God in spirit and truth through Jesus Christ, then you are not lawless. Simple!
Re: The Truth In Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
flourishG:

dude I hv listened to Moses n all he did was condemn me to death by stoning but when I listened to Christ he made me see d need not to continue to sin n give me grace for a beta person.who should I serve?d person that said I shld b stoned to death n condemn me or d one dat tells me how to live better but don't condemn me:case reference,woman caught in adultery.where was d man? I or anyone else might n d man not revealed until dis day.do u know that?

Your reference is a case study of how the wrath of the Law brought this woman to the feet of Jesus Christ our Saviour. You are right by saying that the Law condemns, that's its function. The Law reveals to the sinner that they are already condemned see John 3:18. The function of the Law is to show the sinner their danger and desperate need for the Saviour. The Law's part in transformation is to make you to be aware of your sin and of your need for divine forgiveness and redemption (Acts 28:23). Simples wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Humans Feel The Need For A God? / Can A Christian Take Holy Communion While Fasting? / Bible Stories (14): Abraham, Sarah & Abimelech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.