Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please (2381 Views)

Have I Been Deflowered? / Discuss Your Relationshp Issues Here With Mature Minds. / For Nairaland Guys.(opinions On Falling In Love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by israelboy1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
My girl celebrated her birthday june 5th, nd i made a promise of giving her a gift, i asked everybody i knw that re guru's in this aspect (relationship) i was been told to buy re these (wrist watch, chocolate, teddy bear and lots more) u knw every woman with their own taste. Thou i appreciate all of there suggestions, but am nt yet satisfied.
For me, i am thinking of buying her a dictionary, the latest version, nd please don't say i am been childish about this, cos i already studied her, she told me she will LOVE to be a writer, so in helping her boost this, i am thinking of buying her a dictionary, nd buying some books which will assist her in been the best writer through the horizon of the universe, cos i believe everything is possible.
I dont knw maybe this will look meritorious to her.
I need ur opinions please.

Thank you all
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
You know dictionaries are becoming very heavy by the day. I hope she doesn't slam the dictionary on your head. You have to learn to seperate what you want for your girl and what she wants. One of the things you have to do when you're ina relationship is to read your partner and find out what they like and want.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
Buy her a dictionary, yano... grin grin grin

If she wants to be a writer; just ask her for reading list and buy her two or three books from that list. However, you need to add the surprise factor. Ask her in a sly way and get the books.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Aklofs: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva: You know dictionaries are becoming very heavy by the day. I hope she doesn't slam the dictionary on your head. You have to learn to seperate what you want for your girl and what she wants. One of the things you have to do when you're ina relationship is to read your partner and find out what they like and want.
Buy her a very big dic. o
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yes, you are being too serious. Doesn't she have a dictionary. You can buy her books but not dictionary. Even the books, it still depends. Study her and know what she wants but not a dictionary, abeg! lipsrsealed
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Egbagirl(f): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
shymexx: Buy her a dictionary, yano... grin grin grin

If she wants to be a writer; just ask her for reading list and buy her two or three books from that list. However, you need to add the surprise factor. Ask her in a sly way and get the books.

I agree. OP, you know your babe the best. Only you would know if she would appreciate a dictionary or books. Does she have a watch and the rest of the other things your friends mentioned? If yea, don't waste your money. Honestly, I would rather you bought something meaningful and that can add value to her life. Chocolate no go finish? Teddy beat? What's that? Wristwatch, maybe but not a biggie. You can always combine both anyway - books and a watch or books and chocolate.

Btw, if you want to buy a dictionary, please make sure it's one the best around (it's probably going to be a big one. And maybe include a thesaurus too?)
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
Egba girl:

I agree. OP, you know your babe the best. Only you would know if she would appreciate a dictionary or books. Does she have a watch and the rest of the other things your friends mentioned? If yea, don't waste your money. Honestly, I would rather you bought something meaningful and that can add value to her life. Chocolate no go finish? Teddy beat? What's that? Wristwatch, maybe but not a biggie. You can always combine both anyway - books and a watch or books and chocolate.
I hope you will be there to console him when he gets dumped. We live in a realist and not idealist society.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by israelboy1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
shymexx: Buy her a dictionary, yano... grin grin grin

thank you very much, i really appreciate your opinion
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by israelboy1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Egba girl:

Btw, if you want to buy a dictionary, please make sure it's one the best around (it's probably going to be a big one. And maybe include a thesaurus too?)

you are such a nice person, i love your suggestions, and thanks for really your understanding. your re a special person, and hope you will also find a guy that will make you so special.
thanks so much
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Egbagirl(f): 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
I hope you will be there to console him when he gets dumped. We live in a realist and not idealist society.

I wasn't been idealistic at all. Not everyone wants the chocolate teddy bear and wristwatch birthday, valentine, and Christmas gift. I'm surprised girls aren't even tired of these things undecided. And like I said, the poster knows his girlfriend best. Only him can decide what she would appreciate.

And if anything, I would be here on this page to console him. tongue (which will probably not be necessary anyway)
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Egbagirl(f): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
israel boy:

you are such a nice person, i love your suggestions, and thanks for really your understanding. your re a special person, and hope you will also find a guy that will make you so special.
thanks so much

Thank you smiley. I wish you all the best. I hope she appreciates whatever you buy for her but be unique in what you get her. Let it be tailored to her needs/wants/interest. Goodluck bro
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by israelboy1(m): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
please guys, don't just comment for commenting sake, we all can learn from each other, you know this term is very common in most of the youths of nowadays dictionary (heart breaking) i dont want to experience such, so i always like to satisfy my ownself and my girl, no matter what.
i do ask her things she will love to see in me, and what she really wants me to upgrade about myself.

thank you all for your understanding
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Egbagirl(f): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
israel boy: please guys, don't just comment for commenting sake, we all can learn from each other, you know this term is very common in most of the youths of nowadays dictionary (heart breaking) i dont want to experience such, so i always like to satisfy my ownself and my girl, no matter what.
i do ask her things she will love to see in me, and what she really wants me to upgrade about myself.

thank you all for your understanding

Sounds like you're really invested in this relationship and I honestly wish it brings you nothing but happiness smiley.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
Do you think she wld like the idea?
Is she a nerd? Only nerds wld like that kinda tin. For God's sake, it's her birthday nd she prolly wants to boast to her friends abt wot u got her. Even nerds like Afam tongue are against the idea...so, wot am I even talking about? undecided
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by israelboy1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Egba girl:

I wasn't been idealistic at all. Not everyone wants the chocolate teddy bear and wristwatch birthday, valentine, and Christmas gift. I'm surprised girls aren't even tired of these things undecided. And like I said, the poster knows his girlfriend best. Only him can decide what she would appreciate.

And if anything, I would be here on this page to console him. tongue (which will probably not be necessary anyway)

you are so an intelliegent been, most people think the ways others are been treated they can treat all, but they really dont understand we re just too different from each other
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
israel boy:

you are so an intelliegent been, most people think the ways others are been treated they can treat all, but they really dont understand we re just too different from each other

Remind me of why you're again
If u're so sure of ur idea, why don't you just go ahead and spare us the tym and energy of trying to give our advices.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Afam4eva(m): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
alutacontinua:

Remind me of why you're again
If u're so sure of ur idea, why don't you just go ahead and spare us the tym and energy of trying to give our advices.
Excactly. He just wants us to give him a go ahead on his idea. He wasn't looking for an advice.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by queencharming(f): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
Is a thing to want to buy a gift and is another to want to buy a birthday gift. Birthdays are special days and anygifts presented shold be worth remebering.

1 Like

Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Egbagirl(f): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
queen charming: Is a thing to want to buy a gift and is another to want to buy a birthday gift. Birthdays are special days and anygifts presented shold be worth remebering.

I agree with you that it why i think It should definitely not be chocolate. That's not worth remembering at all! Lol. Something wey person go chop today n shit am tmr? Lol
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2013
israel boy: .
Omo Isreali, take her to Pharaoh's palace in Egypt & later to the red sea for sun bathing.
Last Bullet: On a serious note, I think you should buy her a nice book. Yes, wrap the book in a lovely birthday wrapping paper. You may include a Dico if she doesn't v one. Some gifts are just special than watches, cloths, chocolates, phones etc.
So, go ahead boy.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Egbagirl(f): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Omo Isreali, take her to Pharaoh's palace in Egypt & later to the red sea for sun bathing.
Last Bullet: On a serious note, I think you should buy her a nice book. Yes, wrap the book in a lovely birthday wrapping paper. You may include a Dico if she doesn't v one. Some gifts are just special than watches, cloths, chocolates, phones etc.
So, go ahead boy.

Word.

1 Like

Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by israelboy1(m): 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
i so much appreciate all your contributions, and will love to tell you this (THE SECRET OF A TRUE LOVE IS THAT IT HAS NO ENDING) so i guess i am just been straight forward to this girl, letting her know am not just pretending to be who am not, even me as a person, i do not welcome wasteful spending, so she should just love me as i am, and it will be so better if no one is trying to pretend, and i guess she's not pretending also, thou as a guy, am always tempted to cheat on her, but do put my self in her own shoes also, that does it mean because i am the head, i should now turn to tail just becos of some minutes enjoyment, most guys are hiding under the umbrella of i don't care, well i guess we are just in the era of smart phones and stupid people. God bless us all
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Fizboy(m): 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
omo israeli I love ur attitude towards "loving"bt I tink a dictionary wld be 2 "over " doing it jst try to get a special book wrapped nicely and a card for her..

1 Like

Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Rocktation(f): 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2013
Haha! This is funny. Even Nerds like teddies and chocolates.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
israel boy:

thank you very much, i really appreciate your opinion

That's what's up.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
Egba girl:

Edited.

I agree.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by jigwe101: 3:41am On Jun 09, 2013
honestly, that's the perfect gift you could give her right now. you know your girl better than all these people giving you suggestions. I would prefer my boyfriend getting me grape juice and a drama flick ( little things I love) than the traditional chocolate and teddy bear every girl gets at least once in her dating stage.I'm impressed
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by yuzedo: 4:24am On Jun 09, 2013
I cried! grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Op: so u can't buy iPad and install dictionary in it? angry Damn u bro! grin

Bro, u need to learn how to take care of a woman. For instance, if Egba girl was my babe.. Ohhhhhh boyyy!!! Everyday would be her birthday! Ah! Mogbe! Ejoor! I go spoyel d babe like natin! Chei! tongue

Sweerie, how are u? As today is sunday I want to quote bible for u, "I know the plans I have for you, plans of good and not of evil, to bring you to an expected end."cool

Sooooo wuz yo numba? wink Plisss be nice smiley
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by queencharming(f): 5:55am On Jun 09, 2013
Nw u are saying ur mind, instead of u to help advice, there u are tryig to woo a girl.oooo dat has been ur plan right? Dream on romeo.
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Egbagirl(f): 6:21am On Jun 09, 2013
yuzedo: I cried! grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Op: so u can't buy iPad and install dictionary in it? angry Damn u bro! grin

Bro, u need to learn how to take care of a woman. For instance, if Egba girl was my babe.. Ohhhhhh boyyy!!! Everyday would be her birthday! Ah! Mogbe! Ejoor! I go spoyel d babe like natin! Chei! tongue

Sweerie, how are u? As today is sunday I want to quote bible for u, "I know the plans I have for you, plans of good and not of evil, to bring you to an expected end."cool

Sooooo wuz yo numba? wink Plisss be nice smiley

Hahahahahahahaaha you would spoil me?? Hmmm... smiley you must also be a good Christian for you to quote the bible! Dang! I'm loving this already grin grin
Oh and the number, I don't have a phone sad I use the old method of letters. Sorry but you can be my pen pal though?
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 09, 2013
Dictionary kwa? Maka gini mere?
Re: Am I Been Too Serious About This Relationshp? I Need U Guys Opinions Please by Kirinwa: 9:30am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: You know dictionaries are becoming very heavy by the day. I hope she doesn't slam the dictionary on your head. You have to learn to seperate what you want for your girl and what she wants. One of the things you have to do when you're ina relationship is to read your partner and find out what they like and want.

Una don finally kill me o!Sexkillz abeg Ambulance. I don die o.Yepaa!! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Naive, In Love Or Outrightly Stupid? / . / My Girlfriend Threatens To Abort Our Baby Unless I Come Marry her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.