Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman (5907 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2013
Nashville:

I have read a lot of the post but this is my take. If I were the poster I will equally be very worried. I am not saying the wife to be is worse than some girl who never got pregnant, all I am saying is that she has made some very wrong decisions in the past and I may not trust her to make the right decisions going forward. Having two children for two different men you never married shows she is kind of loose. I am not comparing her to anyone, I am just comparing her to the kind of wife I would want for my brother. I would rather have a 29 yr old that has never been pregnant before. I am not saying that the one that has never been pregnant is an angel, all I am just saying is that the one that has never been pregnant should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Marrying someone with children always has its own issues. Now the brother has to deal with two different men, because like it or not, those two men will always be part of the wife's life. She may go to them every now and then to get school fees, the child will have birthdays where both parents want to be there, and of course at the wedding ceremony of the kids. And there are chances she could get back with one of them.

Poster there is little you can do than to talk to him, pray for him and wish him the very best. The wife to be may have genuinely changed but I agree this is not the ideal situation we all pray for.
I'm not arguing against the fact that the woman has extra baggage. I'm only against terming her irresponsible because of her past. Children or no children, the man has a good reason for wanting to marry and he must hacve weighed the situation he's getting into.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by slimyem: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
Daresh: Please leave your brother alone and let him marry who he chooses . Please do not judge her cos you don't know her story. She is who God created for him so let them be please.
shockedshockedshocked
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm not arguing against the fact that the woman has extra baggage. I'm only against terming her irresponsible because of her past. Children or no children, the man has a good reason for wanting to marry and he must hacve weighed the situation he's getting into.

michael adebolajo had a good reason hacking off the head of a british soldier therefore he is right? FFS, when would you people get it that a lot of marriages get broken because of the wrong choices people make?
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

michael adebolajo had a good reason hacking off the head of a british soldier therefore he is right? FFS, when would you people get it that a lot of marriages get broken because of the wrong choices people make?
Who're are you to tell him that he's making the wrong choice. It's his life and he know what's best for his life.

And what bearing does the London terrorist have on this?
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Who're are you to tell him that he's making the wrong choice. It's his life and he know what's best for his life.
And what bearing does the London terrorist have on this?

it's his life and he knows what's best for his life? i hope the world is that simple! 90% of the time, people of the world make awful choices. when this marriage produces hoodlums that would start harassing your well-groomed daughters in the next 15 years, you would be on funmi iyanda's show crying like a man undergoing manual castration!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Afam4eva(m): 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

it's his life and he knows what's best for his life? i hope the world is that simple! 90% of the time, people of the world make awful choices. when this marriage produces hoodlums that would start harassing your well-groomed daughters in the next 15 years, you would be on funmi iyanda's show crying like a man undergoing manual castration!
Was Micheal Adebolajo a product of a leaked condom? But see what he turned out to be. Don't most criminals in Nigeria have mothers and fathers?
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Was Micheal Adebolajo a product of a leaked condom? But see what he turned out to be. Don't most criminals in Nigeria have mothers and fathers?

he was a product of a broken home! same as his cohort!

Afam4eva:

hunger is the sole reason people commit crime in nigeria. if we have a system where every jobless nigerian gets N25,000 per week as welfare, crime would reduce by 98%.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
Let me ask a kweshion.WHO THEN WILL MARRY HER?
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by biolabee(m): 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
And that madam is the realkweshion

The consequnces of having kids outside wedlock is greater for women than men

It's not an equal world

yellowpawpaw: Let me ask a kweshion.WHO THEN WILL MARRY HER?
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva: So, decency is calculated based on how many children you have? Do you know how many people the ladies without children have killed? You don't judge decency because someone probably made a mistake sometime in their life.

It's not for you or any member of your family to determine who your brother should marry. He has a good reason for wanting to marry the lady.
Oga talk well; can't you read again? @op your brother is under a thick spell because she knows that if she misses this guy 'your brother' its going to be take long before she see's someone that will hook up with her. Take ur brother for delivery service, no time to waste
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
Wizee: Oga talk well; can't you read again? @op your brother is under a thick spell because she knows that if she misses this guy 'your brother' its going to be take long before she see's someone that will hook up with her. Take ur brother for delivery service, no time to waste

true talk, no one wants multiple baby daddys undecided aint nobody got time for that
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
coogar:

Mr coogar,u dex vex o! Take am easy naw! Do u hv younger sis them and female cous them?
Chei!I de fear for them cos big bro will skin them alive if they miss their steps.
Let me hope dat this is not d real u cos u will get hbp worryin abt them doin it right.ur baby gals included too.pls take am easy. C energy.u r right and mostly on point in most of ur posts sha.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
biolabee: And that madam is the realkweshion

The consequnces of having kids outside wedlock is greater for women than men

It's not an equal world

It is not,my bro.most gals r too vulnerable and not smart enof to know how to handle "things" hence d pregnancy.and d dude will go scot free looking for another gal to dent her image and reduce her pride price.
Its really sad and unjust
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by biolabee(m): 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
It is not,my bro.most gals r too vulnerable and not smart enof to know how to handle "things" hence d pregnancy.and d dude will go scot free looking for another gal to dent her image and reduce her pride price.
Its really sad and unjust

yes it is/....
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by coogar: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Mr coogar,u dex vex o! Take am easy naw! Do u hv younger sis them and female cous them?
Chei!I de fear for them cos big bro will skin them alive if they miss their steps.
Let me hope dat this is not d real u cos u will get hbp worryin abt them doin it right.
ur baby gals included too.pls take am easy. C energy.u r right and mostly on point in most of ur posts sha.

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 09, 2013
This is the type of thread with two answers,it's like the gay question
It doesn't bother me as long as it is not my flesh and blood.

A politically correct answer would be
Why not?
A man is free to marry whoever he wishes
If the woman is his choice,his family should support him.

But my real answer if I were in the same boat as the woman here whose younger brother wanted to marry a woman with two kids from two different men
I would do everything within my power to convince him otherwise especially if my parents are against it and I know they would be
It is not an easy thing for one's family to accept especially when the son in question has never been previously married and has no kids
I wouldn't want that for my younger brother
I would discourage him and would only change my mind if my parents are OK with it because they will have dealings with her more than I do so their opinion is more Important than mine.

Marrying someone with children always has its own issues. Now the brother has to deal with two different men, because like it or not, those two men will always be part of the wife's life. She may go to them every now and then to get school fees, the child will have birthdays where both parents want to be there, and of course at the wedding ceremony of the kids. And there are chances she could get back with one of them.

Gbam
Okafor's law is powerful
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Aafulenu(f): 5:31am On Jun 09, 2013
this same set of people would have been the one to advise her aganist abortion. undecided
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by baby124: 6:07am On Jun 09, 2013
Hmmm...I think people in such situations are better off with widowers or men in same situation. The family of the husband may forever torment. And she will be too afraid to offend him. Incase he joins his family, she will be a goner. My priest has demanded I do not speak my views, pro-choice or not. However, I think Nigerians advocate against abortion to "mark" their future victims of nasty comments. The guy must love her for a reason, so let them be. Will I wish the same for my brother? No. I think he should have a chance at no drama or noise outside his marriage. But if he insists, I will leave him alone.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2013
Ppl usually shut their senses to logic & walk into problems with eyes 'wide-shut'. Tomorrow, they will come to forums like nairaland to cry elephant tears.
We never accept we are making a mistake , till we are regretting.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by CrazyMan(m): 6:58am On Jun 09, 2013
coogar: at 29, 2 kids for 2 different men?
if she's a good wife material, why did the fathers of her children refuse to marry her? i would personally beat up my brother or wait till their wedding day and send hired thugs to beat up bride and groom to stupor.
Exactly my thoughts...I don't see how a decent and responsible girl would get rejected by two supposed lovers who impregnated her.

Her being rejected by her baby daddies is a clear sign that despite her beauty, she lacks the characteristics of a good wife.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: So, decency is calculated based on how many children you have? Do you know how many people the ladies without children have killed? You don't judge decency because someone probably made a mistake sometime in their life.

It's not for you or any member of your family to determine who your brother should marry. He has a good reason for wanting to marry the lady.
of course agreed.no one is above mistake,but making the same mistake over and over again is no more a mistake but a deliberate act.if she had only one kid,that would have been understandable but 4? Meaning she had started having kids at 2o,if shes 29 and her first child is 9.lets not be sentimental about what is not.if i was a family member too,the girl sef go run.i no go follow the boy talk too much,if i talk once and he doesnt listen,na me go take care of the girl.no be woman i be. When the whole family is against her,i want to know the human being that will rescue her except God. Some women forget that there are some things you dont get away with in africa.you fit marry oyinbo and the whole family is against your union and get away with it but in africa.issshhhh
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 09, 2013
CrazyMan:
Exactly my thoughts...I don't see how a decent and responsible girl would get rejected by two supposed lovers who impregnated her.

Her being rejected by her baby daddies is a clear sign that despite her beauty, she lacks the characteristics of a good wife.
the op said its not like shes beautiful.by the way yorubas say if there is no opening,a lizard will not have acess into a fence,in other words,if she did not sleep with the men or used condom,she will not bring kids into the world when she is not sure the men will accept it.i am a woman and a woman knows whether a man will accept her child or not.if she is sleeping with someone that has no job or is earning something meagre or even has all the money in this world and he isnt ready for kids,the woman will know or how can a woman be sleeping with a man that she doesnt know what he is capable of doing and not doing.all this self inflicted problems is just avoidable with the use of common sense
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 09, 2013
20pounds: Ppl usually shut their senses to logic & walk into problems with eyes 'wide-shut'. Tomorrow, they will come to forums like nairaland to cry elephant tears.
We never accept we are making a mistake , till we are regretting.
exactly.please let me ask a question

is sex so hard to stay away from when your partner has never discussed anything related to marriage or has no plans to marry you or better still are condoms sold for millions and billions of naira that a man or woman cannot buy or use :/
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2013
baby_123: Hmmm...I think people in such situations are better off with widowers or men in same situation. The family of the husband may forever torment. And she will be too afraid to offend him. Incase he joins his family, she will be a goner. My priest has demanded I do not speak my views, pro-choice or not. However, I think Nigerians advocate against abortion to "mark" their future victims of nasty comments. The guy must love her for a reason, so let them be. Will I wish the same for my brother? No. I think he should have a chance at no drama or noise outside his marriage. But if he insists, I will leave him alone.
hia.make she con join our family na.i doubt whether she will exceed 2 months.anywhere we jam,i go remind her that she is iyawo poly bag and a promiscous old woman that moved into the house without anybody comming to kneel down in front of her parents,e.g iyawo sara so when i am talking she should shut up. Thats if she even sees any family member that goes for their wedding talkless of collecting bride price from her. So i want to see how she will stay without elders approval.if she even moves to the house without marriage because thats what is reigning among many ladies nowi go dey disgrace am anywhere i see am.if my brother like let him defend am,na 2 of them i go disgrace together.e.g brother ode,dem don cook vegetable for you,how you go wise.the day that the fathers of this kids will come and claim their property is comming.dey pay their school fees.when they grow up and you spank or correct them,they will remind you that you are not their father.the way i go take use you laugh no go get part 2.which woman fit siddon for that house when all my sisters and brothers including elders are mouth lashing her every time.them no dey tell person,na she go run by herself.he will be forced to enter town and look for a woman that has no baggages.

Anyway thank God for the brothers God gave me,they all have common sense and use it when necessary,none of them married ashana and they are doing so well except the last one who is still working.his girlfriend sef is still an undergraduate,so thats still ok.if she say she wan marry today sef.i go use everything i have support am,dey carry am like egg sef

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 09, 2013

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 09, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Let me ask a kweshion.WHO THEN WILL MARRY HER?

You can marry her yourself or let your own brother marry her. It is not about the fiance, the poster is worried about her brother's happiness. You do not marry people out of pity.

Afam4eva:

Its unfortunate but that is how life is. In America, if you have a criminal record, getting a job will be 4 times more difficult for you than someone without a criminal record. That is the problem here. She has made two severe mistakes in the past and it would be very hard to trust her in the future. As for the reason for marrying her, yes the reason may be she is great in bed - abi that one no be reason or I am in love. Everybody has a reason for doing stuff, even Osama get reason for killing people, but does that reason make sense to the rest of the family who are not blinded by "love".
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by CrazyMan(m): 9:54am On Jun 09, 2013
kulyie: the op said its not like shes beautiful.by the way yorubas say if there is no opening,a lizard will not have acess into a fence,in other words,if she did not sleep with the men or used condom,she will not bring kids into the world when she is not sure the men will accept it.i am a woman and a woman knows whether a man will accept her child or not.if she is sleeping with someone that has no job or is earning something meagre or even has all the money in this world and he isnt ready for kids,the woman will know or how can a woman be sleeping with a man that she doesnt know what he is capable of doing and not doing.all this self inflicted problems is just avoidable with the use of common sense
True that's why the guy in question should have a re-think before taking her to the altar.

The promiscuous lifestyle of a supposed fiance isn't something you over look when choosing a wife.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Daresh(f): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2013
kulyie: the op said its not like shes beautiful.by the way yorubas say if there is no opening,a lizard will not have acess into a fence,in other words,if she did not sleep with the men or used condom,she will not bring kids into the world when she is not sure the men will accept it.i am a woman and a woman knows whether a man will accept her child or not.if she is sleeping with someone that has no job or is earning something meagre or even has all the money in this world and he isnt ready for kids,the woman will know or how can a woman be sleeping with a man that she doesnt know what he is capable of doing and not doing.all this self inflicted problems is just avoidable with the use of common sense

Na wash o! People can like to judge. What if she was raped? Or are you saying u never ever in ur life had unprotected sex? Or have u never dated a guy that you aboki back at and wonder "what the hell was I thinking?" We'll I have done both. In fact I was nearly in that same situation when I was 20 years old! If she had aborted her pregnancy will anyone be talking about her like this? I'm sure she has bn with terrible guys and knows how to appreciate a good man. Guys please just stop judging the poor girl, please please please. I'm sure she knows her mistakes, and they don't have to follow her forever. Please OP leave her alone. I know I won't want my brother to marry a mum of 2 either but it's his choice. Stand by him and not fight him or her, if she is a bad person it will show eventually.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 09, 2013
CrazyMan:
True that's why the guy in question should have a re-think before taking her to the altar.

The promiscuous lifestyle of a supposed fiance isn't something you over look when choosing a wife.

A word is enough for the wise.
exactly because i just wonder how he is sure she wil not cheat on him in marriage and hang children that are not his on him.you know some women know how to do that very well to cover up their adulterous act
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
Daresh:

Na wash o! People can like to judge. What if she was raped? Or are you saying u never ever in ur life had unprotected sex? Or have u never dated a guy that you aboki back at and wonder "what the hell was I thinking?" We'll I have done both. In fact I was nearly in that same situation when I was 20 years old! If she had aborted her pregnancy will anyone be talking about her like this? I'm sure she has bn with terrible guys and knows how to appreciate a good man. Guys please just stop judging the poor girl, please please please. I'm sure she knows her mistakes, and they don't have to follow her forever. Please OP leave her alone. I know I won't want my brother to marry a mum of 2 either but it's his choice. Stand by him and not fight him or her, if she is a bad person it will show eventually.
1st of all i have never had sex with a man that i have not known his character too well beyond reasonable doubt.number 2 i dont just have sex with just about anybody that says you are beautiful.theres something called friends with benefits and there is something called oral contraceptives or condom,number 3 when people point out where both parties make mistakes (meanwhile any mistake that is more than once is no more a mistake as far as i am concerned) i wonder why people call it judging.number 4 if genuinely she was raped the first time,and she took in,what of the other kids

i wonder why some people will go back to their vomit and call it mistake.mistake is always the excuse for people who dont want to learn
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
chaircover: Hmmmmmmmmm so the truth is finally revealed

The truth that women suffer more than men when relationships break down inspite of all our feminism, this is 2013, 50/50 etc

If a 29 year old man with 2 children from 2 different mothers still wants to get married, there wont be this much uproar, Some people will say its even good, that he has proved that he is a man. . . . .but now that the shoe is on the other foot, deliverance services & head washing are being prescribed grin

for the people that can read between the lines, a word is enough for the wise. Women be extra careful when it comes to relationships. Poor decisions now can/will haunt you later. This woman is already on the scrap heap at 29 and even if she manages to marry into this family, they will make her life hell and if she makes the mistake of entering Kulyies family her own don finish finally grin
exactly my point.this is a chauvenistic society where men make the rules and can break them and there is also no legal protection for women if they do the same THAT IS WHY WOMEN NEED TO MAKE USE OF THEIR SENSES WHEN A MAN IS PROMISING HEAVEN AND EARTH JUST TO GET IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS.IF YOU ARE NOT SURE A MAN WILL MARRY YOU OR HAS MARRIED YOU STOP FLINGING YOUR LEGS OPEN FOR HIM,WHENTHE CHIPS ARE DOWN,ONLY YOU WILL CARRY YOUR CROSS AND THEY LIKELY WILL REMEMBER YOU ONLY IF YOUR CHILD IS SOMEONE TO RECKON WITH IN THE SOCIETY.EVEN WHEN YOU MUST HAVE SEX USE A CONDOM.
Re: How Can I Stop My Brother From Marrying This Woman by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nashville:

You can marry her yourself or let your own brother marry her. It is not about the fiance, the poster is worried about her brother's happiness. You do not marry people out of pity.

Its unfortunate but that is how life is. In America, if you have a criminal record, getting a job will be 4 times more difficult for you than someone without a criminal record. That is the problem here. She has made two severe mistakes in the past and it would be very hard to trust her in the future. As for the reason for marrying her, yes the reason may be she is great in bed - abi that one no be reason or I am in love. Everybody has a reason for doing stuff, even Osama get reason for killing people, but does that reason make sense to the rest of the family who are not blinded by "love".
gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Would-Be Husband Deceive My And My Family / Can You Marry A Footballer? / 5 Keys To Settling Marital Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.