Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

How To Get To Heaven When You Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Get To Heaven When You Die (2145 Views)

Has Satan Been Driven From Heaven When GOD Created Man? / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 5:01am On May 05, 2008
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved, "

Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins? Are you willing to turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for Salvation?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this prayer to God from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 6:34am On May 08, 2008
Link to a guy who says he went to hell and back.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5910699532828872069&q=%22to+hell+and+back%22&total=417&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by vivaladiva(f): 6:23pm On May 08, 2008
to be honest i dont think i want to go to heaven any tip on how i can make it to hell please am desperate
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by olabowale(m): 9:39pm On May 08, 2008
@Vivaladiva: Easy woman. Don't ask for what you can't handle. Shaitan will not be able to handle hell. But of course ask for Paradise, because in heaven (Christians listen up), there is Paradise and Hellfire.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Cayon(f): 2:33am On May 09, 2008
Maybe you went to say "What must I do to get into heaven?" after all when you are dead you have no choice cheesy cheesy grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by kolaoloye(m): 5:49pm On May 12, 2008
vivaladiva:

to be honest i don't think i want to go to heaven any tip on how i can make it to hell please am desperate

Jesus loves you. Repent and be born again.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 5:54pm On May 29, 2008
First cause proves God's existence. Everything came from matter. Science says that the matter cannot be created from nothing and that it's eternal and cannot be destroyed, yet it's here. The fact that the matter is here contradicts all scientific laws. According to science, the matter which makes you up, cannot exist on it's own, therefore, there MUST be a God who has power over the laws of the universe and able to create the eternal matter from nothing and did so
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 4:57am On Jun 07, 2008
Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 6:06am On Jun 22, 2008
God truly loves you and knows everything about you. He knows everything that you have ever done or said. He loves you and wants a relationship with YOU. Please pray that prayer at the bottom of this first post to God from your heart.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by toluxa1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2008
@vivaladiva. The way you do and the things you say alone on the Sexuality section is a direct link for you to go to hell. So you dont need any other tips. Ok?
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 4:59am On Jun 27, 2008
Uh, this is the religion section and I don't post anywhere else.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2008
Jesus truly loves you and wants to know you.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2008
Your decisions here on earth before you die determines where you will spend eternity, heaven or hell. Try the Test below to discover whether you will get to heaven when you die:

http://www.goodpersontest.com/
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by SeanT21(f): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2008
I can not wait to get to heaven but I am not ready to leave earth now.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 5:25am On Aug 18, 2008
You are not being asked to leave the earth right now. God wants to make you ready so that when you do leave this earth, you can go to Him.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 6:07am On Aug 27, 2008
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Bobbyaf(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2008
I hate to have to remind you that no one goes to heaven after they die. They go to the grave. Why do you think that Jesus, and the apostles refer to death as a sleep?

Paul says, "Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

What would be the point of having to judge Christians after they already would have been in heaven? Recall that the apostle Paul said that ", all shall appear before the judgment seat of Christ"

Listen to what Jesus said,
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live." (John 5:25)

Jesus continues in John 5:28-29, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29: And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

The apostle Paul reminded us again in his epistle to the church at Thessalonica when he said, "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Notice the phrase in bold in the last part of the last sentence. Paul is saying that we shall be with the Lord after His second coming and after the first resurrection. Only the dead in Christ will rise first.

Going back to the first point I made about the judgment. It is only after Christ has judged completely that anyone will be allowed to have everlasting life (except for Enoch, Moses and Elijah who are already in heaven). Listen to what John said:

Revelation 22:11,12, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

Amen.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by madamkoko: 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2008
@vivaladiva. The way you do and the things you say alone on the Sexuality section is a direct link for you to go to hell. So you don't need any other tips. Ok?

L O L. grin grin grin grin grin

you people will not kill me with laughter.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by manmustwac(m): 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2008
@post
me sef wan go Heaven but i don loss for road. Right now i dey for Oshodi Bus stop can somebody please call me on 08023 313 558 and give me directions, abeg fast OH! Time dey go its getting dark here.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Bastage: 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2008
Best way to get to Heaven?

Do what you think is best. Live your life to do your best. Follow your heart. You already know what is right and what is wrong.

Other than that, don't worry a shit. It's all taken care of by the Guy upstairs.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by ZinoBen: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2008
Where is heaven sef? Upstairs, down stairs, second turning by the right after planet Uranus or where? grin

I don't believe how people can believe such bunkum and hold it so dear as if its true!

Besides how do you go to heaven when your body is beyond decay and rotten?

Heaven must really be a smelly stinking place filled with rotten corspes and ugly zombies all trying to feed off each other wink

Besides when your in heaven, do you eat or sleep or shit? Are there toilets and urinals and Agbe kpo people there? Does heaven have a functional suck -away? Are there engineers, bus drivers, vulcanizers in heaven or what? or does everyone just wear white satin laces with golden halos on their head and smile at each other for the next 7,000 years singing praises to one god everyday, 24hours non stop? Please, its going to get boring after 24 minutes and some sort of rebellion would crop up to stop all those solemn racket filtering through out our imaginary heaven grin

Stop dreaming and wake up from your delusions. If your looking for heaven, visit st moritz, monaco, disneyland or tinapa and stop hoping there is one place that you will end up singing praises to one thing for the next 400,000 years, lol
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by MissyB1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2008
Your manners needs some cleansing dude.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by idupaul: 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2008
Zino Ben:

Where is heaven sef? Upstairs, down stairs, second turning by the right after planet Uranus or where? grin

I don't believe how people can believe such bunkum and hold it so dear as if its true!

Besides how do you go to heaven when your body is beyond decay and rotten?

Heaven must really be a smelly stinking place filled with rotten corspes and ugly zombies all trying to feed off each other wink

Besides when your in heaven, do you eat or sleep or shit? Are there toilets and urinals and Agbe kpo people there? Does heaven have a functional suck -away? Are there engineers, bus drivers, vulcanizers in heaven or what? or does everyone just wear white satin laces with golden halos on their head and smile at each other for the next 7,000 years singing praises to one god everyday, 24hours non stop? Please, its going to get boring after 24 minutes and some sort of rebellion would crop up to stop all those solemn racket filtering through out our imaginary heaven grin

Stop dreaming and wake up from your delusions. If your looking for heaven, visit st moritz, monaco, disneyland or tinapa and stop hoping there is one place that you will end up singing praises to one thing for the next 400,000 years, lol

ur rite dude, the whole heaven thing is just the climax of human mind thinking utopic, there mite be a life after death but there is no heaven where lions and lambs will be tgetherpeacefully both eating grass grin abeg why must grass be made to pay for the heavenly peace ,the lion and the lamb eat grass for a million heaven years then what ? pure utopia, my brother heaven and earth ends on these earthly streets.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2008
@ idupaul, i thought you were joking, heaven is for real
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by idupaul: 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2008
olrotimi:

@ idupaul, i thought you were joking, heaven is for real

yes illogically it is, but logically the whole concept just sounds funny, dont get me wrong i live my life believing there is a heaven somewhere, and i have also prepared my mind not be dissappointed in case it does not exist.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 30, 2008
trying to play safe ehn? there no fence rides inh the things of god, know where you stand and remain there
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by MissyB1(m): 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2008
idupaul:

your rite dude, the whole heaven thing is just the climax  of human mind thinking utopic, there mite be a life after death but but there is no heaven where lions and lambs will be tgetherpeacefully both eating grass grin abeg why must grass be made to pay for the heavenly peace ,the lion and the lamb eat grass for a million heaven years then what ?  pure utopia, my brother heaven and earth ends on these earthly streets.

idupaul:

yes illogically it is, but logically the whole concept just sounds funny, don't get me wrong i live my life believing there is a heaven smwhere, and i have also prepared my mind not be dissappointed in case it does not exist.
Why are you contradicting yourself?
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 4:06am On Sep 11, 2008
CHRISTIANS DO GO TO HEAVEN

Jesus is in heaven:

Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

When a Christian dies, they immediately go to be with Christ:

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Therefore, Christians do go to heaven.

People in heaven:

Re 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2008
Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 4:30am On Oct 03, 2008
Obama video: This guy is scary!!! Watch this video

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=zUdjhKbImwE
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2008
Fixed link to Obama video: This guy is scary!!! Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUdjhKbImwE
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2008
That guy Idupaul really amazed me!!! shocked
How can a guy in his right senses think that there is no heaven
I have to watch the people i mingle with on Nl nowadays
You just cant trust anybody,can you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritual Truth From Aladdin / Why Do People Pray? / Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.