Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro (8063 Views)

See What Japeth Omojuwa Said About Senator Ben Bruce / What Is So So Special About Senator Ben Murray-bruce / Your Views About Senator Bukola Saraki #1000000000 Donation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2013
Popularly called KORO, Senator Obanikoro is one of the few Nigerians who have been favored politically.A chieftain of the People's Democratic Party(PDP), Born in the year 1954 into the prominent Obanikoro family. Despite the prominence of his LARGE family, KORO wasn't born rich. His immediate family was poor, his dad was a nobody in the context of social status, his beloved mom was a pepper seller in Lagos Island, who assumed the role of bread winner at the demise of her husband. During his secondary school days, KORO did several menial job just to support his education, among these include working as a Newspaper Vendor early morning befor going to School, hawking benches in the afternoon/evening after school etc. As a teenager, KORO was a no-nonsense person, however, he didn't engage in social vices. After his secondary education, KORO worked as a Clerk with Lagos Health Management Board, then he moved to Union Bank at 131 Broad Street. It was while working at the Bank that KORO got admission/visa to study in the United States. He successfully completed his Bachelor in Public Administration as well as a Master Degree. In 1989 KORO returned to Nigeria where he worked in different capacities in the public service including as Caretaker Committee Chairman, Surulere LG. KORO contested and won chairmanship election of Lagos Island LG, a position he held till 1995. As Chairman, KORO implemented lots of policies including Opening account for council staffs, to allevate the stress of queuing up to get paid as well as fighting the scourge of ghost workers. KORO is also famous to give out bursaries to indigent students as well as being the FIRST CHAIRMAN to tour round all schools within his jurisdiction. KORO held other positions, he was appointed Commissioner by Bola Tinubu, a position he held till 2003 when he got elected into the senate to represent Lagos Central Senatorial District. in the Senate, KORO moved motions that was applauded by his colleagues. Among the motions are Motion on the Surge and overflow of the Atlantic Ocean along Bar Beach, Motion to protect Lagos State For the menace of flood etc. KORO served as Nigeria's Ambassador to Ghana 2008-2012, Member ECOWAS Monitoring Team for Ghana's Presidential Election. Member AU election monitoring team for Kenya's 2013 Presidential Election. He's also the Chairman of A Federal Govt Establishment. KORO is happily Married to his wife whom he met while in secondary school. KORO have children from his wife, prominent among them is Honorable Olajide Obanikoro, Chairman Ikoyi/Obalende Local Govt, and a member of the People's Democratic Party. KORO is a very Hardworkin person, He's into Real Estate, Farming etc.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by mike404(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2013
Obanikoro for Lagos state governor. KORO is our man cool
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2013
mike404: Obanikoro for Lagos state governor. KORO is our man cool
Spread the word brother... There's no one that knows Lagos like KORO

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by bigmo1(m): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2013
@OP did you 4get to mention koro's porting from AD to PDP. That scum is a thug and å betrayer and will never attain the highest political office in Lagos. Anyway this thread is DOA.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Akinsz: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2013
Koro koro
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 09, 2013
big mo: @OP did you 4get to mention koro's porting from AD to PDP. That scum is a thug and å betrayer and will never attain the highest political office in Lagos. Anyway this thread is DOA.
KORO left AD to PDP due to combination of several reasons. Firstly, Tinubu started playing God immediately he was re-elected, plus started dismantling AD structures into his own. Another is that AD became alienated from the center due to the stubborness and ego of Tinubu which was negatively affecting Lagos State's development. The need to bring Lagos closer to the centre arose and KORO moved. As at then, there were other Heavyweights in PDP includin Funsho Williams, Seye Ogunlewe, among others. BY the way what made KORO a thug? Has he ever been involved or seen in thuggery? This is the same lies his detractors want you to believe.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by arcis: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2013
Koro or watever u called him will NEVER taste power in LAGOS.

I rest my case!!!
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 09, 2013
arcis: Koro or watever u called him will NEVER taste power in LAGOS.

I rest my case!!!
is it fair to hate a man of repute without a reason?
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by arcis: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
barcanista: is it fair to hate a man of repute without a reason?

Kindly define the word "Hate"? What has he done to deserve lagosian vote? Please tell us his antecedents?
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
arcis:

Kindly define the word "Hate"? What has he done to deserve lagosian vote? Please tell us his antecedents?
Before Koro was elected Chairman of Lagos Island LG, workers in the LG had to queue to receive salaries, and there was this issue of Ghost workers. Koro on assumption to office, made sure he opened account for EVERY single staff of the LG. This singular did made salary payment easier and also defeated the scourge of Ghost Workers as it was impossible for a non worker to open account. Koro is the first Chairman to visit the whole primary school within the council, that helped him to appreciate problems facing teachers and pupils and also gave out teaching aides to allevate the problems and provided benches and chairs. He gave out bursaries to indigent students ranging from 5000 to 10000 Naira. He paid for Junior Waec for EVERY JS3 students within the council. Koro increased area units from 3 to 5 because he saw the need to bring govt closer to the people. Outside public service, Koro have been touching lives through OBANIKORO PRIORITIES PROJECTS. NEED MORE?
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Gbawe: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
@OP.

You come across as perhaps a polite and amiable sort. Why not find something/someone better to support than worthless Musiliu Obanikoro? He is 'dead on arrival' and not even in the reckoning as per 2015. Stop wasting your own time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gbawe: @OP.

You come across as perhaps a polite and amiable sort. Why not find something/someone better to support than worthless Musiliu Obanikoro? He is 'dead on arrival' and not even in the reckoning as per 2015. Stop wasting your own time.
My man, CONTEST all the achievements of Koro, and dispute it/them. What made you feel Koro won't win despite his popularity and antecedents??
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by bigmo1(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
barcanista: My man, CONTEST all the achievements of Koro, and dispute it/them. What made you feel Koro won't win despite his popularity and antecedents??
No need to argue 2much with Gbawe. He is on Tinubu's payroll. But seriously 4get this your koro of å thing. I would rather queue up behind his baby son politician. That guys seems to have loads of charm n charisma.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
big mo:
No need to argue 2much with Gbawe. He is on Tinubu's payroll. But seriously 4get this your koro of å thing. I would rather queue up behind his baby son politician. That guys seems to have loads of charm n charisma.
oh a fan of Tinubu? no wonder. hehehe. Yeah i agree with you that Babajide is workin wonders in Ikoyi/Obalende, but you know he doesn't have the political might for Governorship. I'm sure he'd perform excellently if he runs for Senate or Reps in 2015. Oluremi is just a time waster in the Senate. But it would be a gr8 idea having KORO run for governorship which i'm sure he'd clinch and replicate his LG achievements on Lagos which his supporters strongly believe
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by emiye(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
barcanista: oh a fan of Tinubu? no wonder. hehehe. Yeah i agree with you that Babajide is workin wonders in Ikoyi/Obalende, but you know he doesn't have the political might for Governorship. I'm sure he'd perform excellently if he runs for Senate or Reps in 2015. Oluremi is just a time waster in the Senate. But it would be a gr8 idea having KORO run for governorship which i'm sure he'd clinch and replicate his LG achievements on Lagos which his supporters strongly believe

Has babajide obanikoro being installed as Ikoyi / Obalende lcda chairman?

He won at the tribunal, but lost at the appeal.

Me think, the wonders you are seeing in that Lcda is from the current ACN administrator. grin grin
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
emiye:

Me think, the wonders you are seeing in that Lcda is from the current ACN administrator. grin grin
sorry dude go figure out who won the appeal. Judgement has been delivered in favor of Babajide months ago. You need to be following trends man
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by AmandaaaP(f): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
barcanista: sorry dude go figure out who won the appeal. Judgement has been delivered in favor of Babajide months ago. You need to be following trends man

I don't think so

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/ikoyi-lcda-tribunal-upholds-acns-victory-as-pdp-kicks/
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
Amandaaa P:

I don't think so

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/ikoyi-lcda-tribunal-upholds-acns-victory-as-pdp-kicks/
oh was actually referring to the tribunal appeal which jide won.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
barcanista: oh was actually referring to the tribunal appeal which jide won.

But you said the boy is working wonders in Ikoyi/Obalende.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by emiye(m): 1:57am On Jun 10, 2013
njazra:

But you said the boy is working wonders in Ikoyi/Obalende.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I told him, it is the ACN administrator that is working the "wonders" he is seeing in the local council.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by emiye(m): 1:59am On Jun 10, 2013
barcanista: sorry dude go figure out who won the appeal. Judgement has been delivered in favor of Babajide months ago. You need to be following trends man

You are the one not trendy, little wonder why you are trying to market Obanikoro Musiliu in 2015. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by dayokanu(m): 2:22am On Jun 10, 2013
What's koros Proffesion before he became a politician.

Give us a chronicle of his career before politics include dates
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by ba7man(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2013
I'll personally cut off my balls and post pics of myself doing it on NL if this @OP can prove that he didn't collect cash to come post all this online. @OP....How much did you collect?? How much is your soul worth??
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 10, 2013
dayokanu: What's koros Proffesion before he became a politician.

Give us a chronicle of his career before politics include dates
Thank you. After Graduation from the Uni, KORO worked as a Social Worker, and later Head of Adolescent Unit, Little Flower Children Services-an Agency Affiliated with NYC Dept of Social Service. He returned to Nigeria in 1989. Immediately he kick started his political career. Served as Caretaker Chairman S/L LG(National Republican Convention), Lagos State Deputy State Chairman(NRC), Director Lagos State Bulk Purchasing Corporation under Governor Michael Otedola administration, member Lagos State Football Association. Elected Secretary, Justice Forum, Chairman LILG, National Executive Member, Grassroot Democratic Movement(GDM) during Sani Abacha regime. Commissioner Home Affairs and Culture under Ahmed Tinubu Administration, Senator 2003-07, Ambassador 2008-2012, Member Ecowas Election Monitoring Team, Ghana 2012 Presidential Election, Member AU Election Monitoring Team, Kenya's 2013 Presidential election. Due to his immense contribution to Social Development in The United States, Koro was given two HONORARY citizenship- Glenarden, Maryland and Little Rock, Arkansas.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
barcanista: Thank you. After Graduation from the Uni, KORO worked as a Social Worker, and later Head of Adolescent Unit, Little Flower Children Services-an Agency Affiliated with NYC Dept of Social Service.

Which years was this?

Did he work in any place in Nigeria aside from Politics?
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Which years was this?

Did he work in any place in Nigeria aside from Politics?
no sir, Koro only worked in Nigeria before travelling out. On return, he went straight into politics and has held numerous public offices
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by ballabriggs: 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
I know he is a student of Olusegun Obasanjo's school of 'do-or-die' politics. Koro was a champion for Olusegun Obasanjo's demonic third term bid.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
ballabriggs: I know he is a student of Olusegun Obasanjo's school of 'do-or-die' politics. Koro was a champion for Olusegun Obasanjo's demonic third term bid.
Koro isn't a do-or-die politician. He respects the rule of law and has never been charged with Fraud, Election Malpractice or Contempt. This cannot be said of Tinubu and his puppet BRF. As for the third term for President, yes Koro supported it. His reasons was clearly spelt out and democracy allows us freedom of opinion. The most important thing is that Majority Opinion is held. At the defeat of 3rd Term, Senator Koro did not ferment trouble neither did he approach the courts. So what wrong has he done?
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by gbanikiti(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
isn't it rather too late you started campaigning for him? I can bet with you that majority of nairalanders don't know him. and i ask, what future does PDP Lagos branch hold in Lagos state? unless he is porting to the winning party in Lagos, his political career will die a natural death.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by ballabriggs: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
barcanista: Koro isn't a do-or-die politician. He respects the rule of law and has never been charged with Fraud, Election Malpractice or Contempt. This cannot be said of Tinubu and his puppet BRF. As for the third term for President, yes Koro supported it. His reasons was clearly spelt out and democracy allows us freedom of opinion. The most important thing is that Majority Opinion is held. At the defeat of 3rd Term, Senator Koro did not ferment trouble neither did he approach the courts. So what wrong has he done?

Oh I see. He supported it even when majority of his constituents were against it. He failed to listen to his constituents at a critical time yet he wants us to now trust him with our mandate. Such a man can never be trusted as he failed us at that very critical time. If he can tag along with a demonic agenda to elongate the demonic Olusegun Obasanjo then he will do worse things if entrusted with Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
emiye:

Tanx 4 educating Liliputs on d latest hapnins in Lagos.
Re: Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 11, 2013
gbanikiti: isn't it rather too late you started campaigning for him? I can bet with you that majority of nairalanders don't know him. and i ask, what future does PDP Lagos branch hold in Lagos state? unless he is porting to the winning party in Lagos, his political career will die a natural death.
Porting? same hypocrisy shopping from PDP. My dear, Senator Koro is a very credible man, he's at the Heart of Lagos and SW PDP. he's not defeating to any Crooked party as represented by BRF and His god Tinubu. Koro is bigger than Tinubu Politically, intellectually, mentally and in all ramifications. Should he run for 2015, ACN should be ready to assume the role of opposition in Lagos State

(1) (2) (Reply)

1960: Were We Ready For Independence? / Presidential Appointments: Buhari’s Ministerial List Latest Update / Ngige To Ohanaeze: Buhari Not Excluding Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.