Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:23 PM

Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti (37790 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Core Arsenal Couple Celebrate Their Wedding In An Amazing Way (Photo) / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by leehall: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
I think one of her friends must know her reason.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by shakol91(m): 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
ibkgab001: She told me the guy no worth her level that he use Ekiti jazz to force her to marry him now the jaZz wiped off even on the wedding day grin
. For your information the bride is from ekiti state,she's a native of ado-ekiti while the guy is a native of ifaki-ekiti.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
babyosisi: She is not into the guy
And may have struggled with it to the last minute
Another woman I heard of disappeared on the night of the bachelor's eve and surfaced a week after.
It takes courage to say no at the last minute
I applaud her for not going through with it just to please others .
A woman should follow her heart.
It is her life not theirs

Nobody said she shouldn't follow her heart but why people are blaming her is because of her selfishness.....

It's better she cancelled it the night before and not on the wedding date... Had she cancelled it the night b4, she would have saved the groom and his family heartbreaks, disappointments, and embarrassment.

Some women and indecision, like bee and honey... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by delpee(f): 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
Can ekiti nairalanders please find out why? Let's learn new lessons.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Clinton207: 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Something might have happened to her.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by eahk(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
SMH!!!!!...women and pity party.
I hope you guys know whatever shit the runaway bride threw at the guys face by absconding, double of it goes to her..she will be forever labelled..so will her family and those associated with her.
Why didn't she just trash the whole wedding ceremony and save herself, her family and friends the shame and humiliation.
WOMEN!!!..They think about something, say another thing, and do a thing that is completely different from the first two.

We have learned, not from women's words, but from their actions.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by kallysky7: 12:04am On Jun 10, 2013
WHERE IS THE BRIDE NOW?

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 10, 2013
obo_man:

Nobody said she shouldn't follow her heart but why people are blaming her is because of her selfishness.....

It's better she cancelled it the night before and not on the wedding date... Had she cancelled it the night b4, she would have saved the groom and his family heartbreaks, disappointments, and embarrassment.

Some women and indecision, like bee and honey... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

That may have been when it hit her
I left a fiancé and married someone else so I kinda know what this feels like
I was engaged to a very handsome,life of the party kind of guy and my friends and family loved him but I always had a nagging doubt that never went away even though I loved him
I eventually bolted and people were shocked and some friends were very angry with me
That was when it hit her that she was making a grave mistake and she couldn't go through with it

How are you sure she didn't express her doubts and the man begged her and she continued to go along with it
I say this because my ex fiancé,his siblings and friends pleaded with me to have a change of heart
What if I did?
I may have bolted on the eve to the wedding or day of

3 Likes

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by mistiff007(m): 12:17am On Jun 10, 2013
grin grin grin
babyosisi: What happened to the reception food
The jollof
The chicken
Peppersoup for special guests
Chin chin
Moi moi
Goat meat
Salad
Efo riro with yam porridge
All the maltina and Coke and fanta plus Eva wine
The 4 layered wedding cake shocked shocked shocked shocked

My Lawd and My Gawd!!
ABHOLOHNJHEKHU. grin.grin, grin, grin
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by sleekch1c(f): 12:40am On Jun 10, 2013
that was mean of her...she could have cancelled the whole thing b4 the wedding was fixed. maybe she was pressured into the marriage by her family and if that is the case,then the man shld count his losses and move on and try to get a willing participant next time. hope the runaway bride is safe though undecided

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 10, 2013
scobaba:

this one na kenya home video, cos e no dey happen for naija home video again sef cheesy

This happened for real.My grandmother and my mom were discussing about it last time I traveled.I didn't believe at first till my dad joined the conversation to confirm it.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 10, 2013
rozayx5:

so is your brain undecided undecided

You obviously have no home training and lack common sense.

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Revsola: 3:58am On Jun 10, 2013
The story is true.The groom's family arrested some of the bride's family members.Finally the bride called and said THE MAN DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO TAKE CARE OF HER...so I heard.What a ridiculous excuse!Why wait till the last minute...it is simply not fair!
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by baby124: 5:10am On Jun 10, 2013
Revsola: The story is true.The groom's family arrested some of the bride's family members.Finally the bride called and said THE MAN DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO TAKE CARE OF HER...so I heard.What a ridiculous excuse!Why wait till the last minute...it is simply not fair!

But why
The girl said she doesn't want to do again, and took to her heels. They arrested her family members as a result. I see why she ran away. As in, if they fight, this guy and his family will arrest her whole extended family. We should be careful how we treat people sha. Who knows what the guy has been doing and feeling like a champion, not knowing the ultimate humiliation was being planned for him. Anyway, good luck to both parties.

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by texaco1: 5:12am On Jun 10, 2013
angry
women are simply amens and meretrixs and all they want is argentum,they dont want ur amare or amo all they want is ur argentum
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Barnich(m): 6:24am On Jun 10, 2013
May be she has a spiritual husband who threaten to kill her if she eventually wedds the guy.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by overdrive(m): 6:40am On Jun 10, 2013
lynpetra: I think the lady knows she won't marry him,she played along.Heard about a traditional marriage where the lady instead of giving her hubby d palmy,decides to throw the whole content on his face and walked out of the marriage, undecided
Nwanne mu nwanyi eke ne kwa mu gi kedu ebe nke a mezilu.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by PurestBoy(m): 6:41am On Jun 10, 2013
texaco1: angry
women are simply amens and meretrixs and all they want is argentum,they dont want ur amare or amo all they want is ur argentum

Proof that mad people are here in Nairaland! Smh

2 Likes

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by kolamilan(m): 6:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Wonders shall never truly end in the world but they should have cover the shame by bringing another lady to act as the bride.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Temi231(f): 6:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Thank God the bride didn't show up for the wedding. I can imagine marrying from Ekiti. Those people can never leave their bushy ways of live no matter how educated they might be. Dangerous, unforgiving, abuse and occultic. *angry*

2 Likes

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Temi231(f): 6:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Thank God the bride didn't show up for the wedding. I can imagine marrying from Ekiti. Those people can never leave their bushy ways of live no matter how educated they might be. Dangerous, unforgiving, abusive and occultic. *angry*
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by juli4dad(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2013
If na Lagos, I for talk say na Hold-up cause am.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by bayo1(m): 7:25am On Jun 10, 2013
Temi 23: Thank God the bride didn't show up for the wedding. I can imagine marrying from Ekiti. Those people can never leave their bushy ways of live no matter how educated they might be. Dangerous, unforgiving, abusive and occultic. *angry*

And who told you the bride is not from the same Ekiti?
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by tomzman: 7:25am On Jun 10, 2013
Eh yah! I pity the groom. But why should the girl get allow things to get to this point before deciding not to continue with the wedding. Well, it seems there are more questions than answers.
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 10, 2013
babyosisi: She is not into the guy
And may have struggled with it to the last minute
Another woman I heard of disappeared on the night of the bachelor's eve and surfaced a week after.
It takes courage to say no at the last minute
I applaud her for not going through with it just to please others .
A woman should follow her heart.
It is her life not theirs

and all this while the man was busy making expenses in preparation for the wedding she didnt follow her heart?? must you break other peoples' heart in the last minute to follow urs??
it is called wickedness!!

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 10, 2013
babyosisi:

That may have been when it hit her
I left a fiancé and married someone else so I kinda know what this feels like
I was engaged to a very handsome,life of the party kind of guy and my friends and family loved him but I always had a nagging doubt that never went away even though I loved him
I eventually bolted and people were shocked and some friends were very angry with me
That was when it hit her that she was making a grave mistake and she couldn't go through with it

How are you sure she didn't express her doubts and the man begged her and she continued to go along with it
I say this because my ex fiancé,his siblings and friends pleaded with me to have a change of heart
What if I did?
I may have bolted on the eve to the wedding or day of

i am sure, very sure that you wouldn't sound this way if it was the man who never showed up at the wedding. you definitely would be ranting on how cruel men are ..

1 Like

Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by Okijajuju: 7:42am On Jun 10, 2013
When was the last time any good news came out of Ekiti State? angry

No wonder some of their indigenes ran off to Texas
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by texaco1: 7:46am On Jun 10, 2013
grin dont worry about them,they cant and wont know the meaning,unless ofcourse somebody tells them
or have u ? undecided
PurestBoy:

Proof that mad people are here in Nairaland! Smh
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by goshen26: 7:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Only God know the Man's current situation, poor hubby
Re: Bride Failed To Show-Up For Wedding In Ekiti by texaco1: 7:52am On Jun 10, 2013
991:

and all this while the man was busy making expenses in preparation for the wedding she didnt follow her heart?? must you break other peoples' heart in the last minute to follow urs??
it is called wickedness!!
i always tell people that women are the most ruthless beings on this planet.men are ruthless but at least we do have compassion,but when a woman decides something she doesnt and ont give a damn about whether u die or not.they are bblindly ruthlessly vicious.i always pity men that says that they cant do without their wives.smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated / Help!!! My Graduate Sister Brought A Shoemaker As Her Husband To Be / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.