Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,571 members, 7,801,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

How To Avoid Sleeping In The Church ( ? ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Avoid Sleeping In The Church ( ? ) (1514 Views)

How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Sleeping In The Church ( ? ) by Kingclickmedia: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Happy Sunday to you all.
There are many reasons why a
person sleeps in the church :
1 tiredness
2 bored
3 just ave no respect for God
4 bad habit

-That explains alot?
I hope you took time to goto church today. Going to church is not enough. You need to
understand the basic essence
of communicating with your
maker and giving him your
time.

I was flabbergasted to see and hear a
person deep asleep and snoring in church. The church was lively, music, preaching, prayers and all yet this person slept as if its the only thing he was born to do. I wonder whether he got
his spiritual nourishment.

To avoid the above mentioned
bad habits of sleeping in church
i always do the following:-

1. BIBLE - I always carry the
bible. it keeps me busy while
meditating on the message.
2. NOTEBOOK(jotter) - carry a notebook
and scribble notes of bible
reading for future reference. i
also write summarized notes
about the sermon.
3. CONSISTENCY IN CHURCH
GOING
- since Sunday school i
have always been a consistent
church goer. this makes it easy
to fit in church.
4. PRAYERS - I always make
worship my main priority.
5. STAYING IN THE FRONT SEAT - Staying in the front seat will make you to be active in the church (imagine staying in the front seat)
. If you stood at the back you may feel bored.
what about you. what do you
do to spice up your Sunday
church service?

*Have a blessed week!
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In The Church ( ? ) by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
I listen to some fela song through my handsfree

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In The Church ( ? ) by Image123(m): 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
It takes discipline, putting the body under.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Jesus CHIRST Surprise Visit To A Nigerian In London UK. / International Day Of Service In Honour Of Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome / Prayer Points For The Month Of April.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.