Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 AM

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? (65400 Views)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Can Mosquito Transfer Ebola Virus Disease ? / How Safe Is This Herb Yoruba's Call Agbo ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by kayoday(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
Reading the cover on the popular Sniper used by most lagosians for mosquito control, it is clearly written that it is meant for outdoor use and should be mix with water to reduce the concentration.
However most household use for indoor mosquito control on daily basis , though seems effective want to believe there is a residual effect on ones health. I need expert opinion on this. Will get the active composition and post as well

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Afrocatalyst: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2013
Sniper and go 90 belong to the family of insecticides calld DDVP. It has been banned by WHO n NAFDAC. Stil Nigerians prefer to use it becos most pple think its faster.
Well,let me hint you more on the reasn it was banned. You see,DDVP is a very toxic chemical which reacts very easily with the lungs and kidney just by inhaling them,which is a major cause of cancer. Worst of it,the chemical is designd to be diluted wit water b4 use bt most of us use it raw or dilute with kerosene. It should never be used by a non professional. There are other organic chemicals bt they dnt react so fast wit d human organs as much as DDVP. Note that DDVP is a family name and there lots of brands out there that belong to dat family.
We need to learn to consult professionals b4 we use any chemical because health is wealth o. I am a professional pest control officer and if I were to advice you, I would say go for NEWLION FUMIGATION. You can google it. It has been carefully developed and mixed wit the ryt chemicals in d ryt quantity so it does nt compromise your health. There is no DDVP inside and its affordable.
All the best to u as u seek true knowledge.

122 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by kayoday(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
Thanks ooo. I doubt if any of them is banned as they are readily available every corner in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Afrocatalyst: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
kayoday: Thanks ooo. I doubt if any of them is banned as they are readily available every corner in Lagos.
there's always a boycott in d Nigerian market. What am saying is nt abt being in d market or nt, bt health related issues wit it. The rate at which pple use such products have increased,no wonder d rate of cancer patients have increased too. Smh... Nigerians love ignorance o. They prefer to follow the joneses dan to CHOOSE to do wat's ryt for them. Gdluck o.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by merciie(f): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
sniper banned arrgh....no wonder i couldnt find it in the market.
the mosquitoes in my house are ninja-die-hards, aerosole insecticides is mere incense to them
but mehn, am scared of cancer, i will just have to spread the word in my sniper-lovin-community

13 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by dgitrader(m): 8:08am On May 18, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
Sniper and go 90 belong to the family of insecticides calld DDVP. It has been banned by WHO n NAFDAC. Stil Nigerians prefer to use it becos most pple think its faster.
Well,let me hint you more on the reasn it was banned. You see,DDVP is a very toxic chemical which reacts very easily with the lungs and kidney just by inhaling them,which is a major cause of cancer. Worst of it,the chemical is designd to be diluted wit water b4 use bt most of us use it raw or dilute with kerosene. It should never be used by a non professional. There are other organic chemicals bt they dnt react so fast wit d human organs as much as DDVP. Note that DDVP is a family name and there lots of brands out there that belong to dat family.
We need to learn to consult professionals b4 we use any chemical because health is wealth o. I am a professional pest control officer and if I were to advice you, I would say go for NEWLION FUMIGATION. You can google it. It has been carefully developed and mixed wit the ryt chemicals in d ryt quantity so it does nt compromise your health. There is no DDVP inside and its affordable.

this stuff gave me pneumonia last year. i wish i saw this post earlier. its very dangerous when misused. now when i walk into a room it was used earlier, i immediately experience breathing difficulty. people should be warned.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Afrocatalyst: 10:27am On May 18, 2015
dgitrader:

this stuff gave me pneumonia last year. i wish i saw this post earlier. its very dangerous when misused. now when i walk into a room it was used earlier, i immediately experience breathing difficulty. people should be warned.
Thank God you noticed. Some people don't o.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 16, 2015
can we get seun and co to move this to the homepage,i just bought this thing off the advice given by a retailerthat it is odorless,harmless and cheaper to kill mosquitoes.
I decided to google up d side effects and this is scary.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by xxKofoxx: 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
Na wa o. Everything just gets dumped into our market sad
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Ogojohn(m): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
dgitrader:

Mine was worst. I nearly died from this stuff. Went to many hospitals but non could give proper diagnosis of what my illness was. I had lung blockage and nasal blockage. For two weeks. I was invalid. Did test and non could explain why i was having those symptoms. I was being treated of asthma. For over a year. I wore protective clothing for cold. Until i discovered the source of my illness. I improved the freshness of oxygen around my home and all the symptoms simply vanished. Nowadays. I dare not even dare touch its empty bottle. I will be immediately hit with an involuntary volts of sneezings. It was really a lucky break.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ogojohn:
Mine was worst. I nearly died from this stuff. Went to many hospitals but non could give proper diagnosis of what my illness was. I had lung blockage and nasal blockage. For two weeks. I was invalid. Did test and non could explain why i was having those symptoms. I was being treated of asthma. For over a year. I wore protective clothing for cold. Until i discovered the source of my illness. I improved the freshness of oxygen around my home and all the symptoms simply vanished. Nowadays. I dare not even dare touch its empty bottle. I will be immediately hit with an involuntary volts of sneezings. It was really a lucky break.

The best solution is to get an Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) that is odorless and will last for 6 months without needing a respray. I spray my house only twice a year using ICON 10CS or Bistar Wp using my IRS Spray.

The Actellic 300 CS can last for one year eliminating the need for respraying within a year. It eliminates everything pest at home.

See attached link for its efficacy http://www3.syngenta.com/eame/PPM/SiteCollectionDocuments/Leaflets/Vector_control/Actellic_300CS_long_lasting_residual_insecticide_Marketing_Leaflet/Actellic_300CS_English.pdf

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by dgitrader(m): 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ogojohn:

I feel you. How I wish most people will come across this thread and be better informed. Snipper is really really deadly when misused. Although I still use it in my gardening with amazing results, I always remember how it sent me on terrifying admission.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Zone: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

The best solution is to get an Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) that is odorless and will last for 6 months without needing a respray. I spray my house only twice a year using ICON 10CS or Bistar Wp using my IRS Spray.

The Actellic 300 CS can last for one year eliminating the need for respraying within a year. It eliminates everything pest at home.

See attached link for its efficacy http://www3.syngenta.com/eame/PPM/SiteCollectionDocuments/Leaflets/Vector_control/Actellic_300CS_long_lasting_residual_insecticide_Marketing_Leaflet/Actellic_300CS_English.pdf

Do you know where I can buy Actellic 300CS locally? Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 05, 2016
SNIPER is the official suicide formula for Bayelsans
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by oppybouy(m): 11:51am On Jun 05, 2016
Oga. Leave the composition. In case you ever get tired of living. Sniper Na the easiest way to meet ur maker o.
The response time is pretty impressive too grin

6 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by mrofficial(m): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2016
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by EWAagoyin(m): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2016
100% safe just make sure you stay outside for Atleast 1hour 30mins after spraying it. ....also get a sprayer for better results cost less than 1k.

1.open all your windows
2.mix sniper with kerosene for better results
3.wear your original nose mask cost 300naira
4.pour the mixed sniper into your sprayer
5.spray Every part of the house including your curtains With all windows still open
6.close the doors and stay outside for almost 2hours
That's all

Remember to wash your sprayer with water after use.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Tonnierichy(m): 11:53am On Jun 05, 2016
Sip it and find out undecided

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Ijaya123: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2016
Yet to see any mosquito the thing has killed. But it deos work for cockroaches very well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Kizyte(m): 11:53am On Jun 05, 2016
Beware of your rug and electronics, and above all, beware of your food!

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by labamo07(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2016
That niccur "sniper" can suffocate a corpse..............

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nature129(m): 11:55am On Jun 05, 2016
I have no idea how effective it is in killing mosquitoes but I know it kills human beings. For those who want to kill their enemies and have no idea how to go about it, I present to you - SNIPER! grin

On a more serious note, I knew a 32-year-old male graduate who committed suicide by taking Sniper because he didn't have a job, his family wasn't supportive and his fiance' (who used to support him financially) dumped him for another guy.

When I saw his corpse that morning covered in vomited foams and blood, I had goose pimples all day.

That was like a sharp machete cut on my heart. Just like that, Paul was dead...smh.

6 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2016
Afrocatalyst:

I like sniper o. But thanks for the educative info.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Fedayeen02: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2016
I apolied sniper in corners of my bathroom and room. The next day i swept out cockroaches that have been hiding there.

Something will surely kill a man as long as he doesnt drink the sniper
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Deeaka: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
I'll advise people to stay away from sniper!!!
I stop breathing when I enter a room that has been "soaked" in sniper. I know people prefer it coz they feel the harsh smell can do the magic of killing stubborn mosquitos... Brethren it's a lie. The mosquitos in my house don't fall under the sniper anointing, I'm the only one who does the falling!
Sniper is harmful, I don't need to be told. I don't know what medical terms they give to the effects but I know breath seizure is one of them, itchy throat and coughing... That's for me sha...

7 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by teepsee(f): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
Please wait let me ask buh ba, I think he knows better, after all he was once a farmer
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Ginaz(f): 11:59am On Jun 05, 2016
this chemicals na WA, I bought one that promised to kill mosquitos but instead wanted to kill and destroy my eyes. I couldn't sleep throughout the night as my eyes were pouring water and shining like wilili.

I will never use them again, but why did God create mosquitos? these animals are bokoharams ...

It's sad how they bite me every night with such a passion that I'm flattered

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by kowema(f): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
Run!!.. sniper gives me Breathe Seizures..
I use to work for a friend's sis in her restraunt which was quite far from town. The restaurant was Located in Upth and we wud always av to spend the nights there till weekend before we went home. During the period and each night before we slept, the other girls wud spray something called Sniper in the room to ward of mosquitoes and that wud be the end of my breath. I would gasp all through the night for air, some times My breath wud stop for like seconds after would I'd take a deep breath then my heart wud feel free.. I didn't figure it was that sniper thing even after I left the place. Until I spent one Holiday with an Uncle and the seizure resumed again cus his wife had the sniper thing and used it every nigh.

That Sniper can Kill o. Maybe slowly see. Then I remember the Doctors in UPTH warned my friend's aunt to stop using that chemical else they would stop coming to eat there. They even said it contained a chemical used in the Mortuary.

Naturally I have strong body system and if I can react to Sniper then that is the end of poisonous

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have This Skin Disease And I'm About To Get Married... Help Needed!! / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles / Cure For Bumps, Spots & Female Facial Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.