Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,446 members, 7,781,291 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:54 AM

American Women That Marry Nigerian Men - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (222173 Views)

Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 5:27am On Nov 25, 2010
nairaland watchout for dis couples and all u. it can never work check the date 2day and come back in five years and you would be surprised that you just started on the wrong note and refuse to ask ur self and god what is needed i met my gal and the first place see took me was nairaland,baby always love you diane,aa, nnamdi,nigerian.igboman
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by mikano3: 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
One thing I have learned "You can take a man out of Nigeria to a different place of the world, but you can't take Nigeria out of the man." A Nigerian is happy and proud to been a Nigerian wherever he/she is. happy and lovable people (NIGERIAN)
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by diane2222(f): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2010
smiley  ThaT IS A LOVELY POST.  I don't want my Nigerian man to change.  I love him just the way he is,
He is so loving, caring and attentive to me and my feeling. He is a gift from God. Everyday is an excitement with him, even from afar.
I am blessed to have him in my life. I love him unconditionally!

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2010
WOW! i'm very happy that i found this forum.
I've been dating a Nigeran man for 5 months now & I <3 it and him. He's everything that i've wanted in a man. (respectful, intelligent, romantic, sincere, etc.) grin
We've even discussed marriage, we're thinking about October 2011. He's meet my parents and simply loves them and vise versa. I cnt wait 2 meet his family. (His mom has been asking about me he says, grin) I said what did u tell her about me? He said that he's found him a woman that he loves and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with. WOW! Simply amazing. I pinch myself almost everyday becuz i can't believe that this is real BUT it is becuz the pinches hurt, lol.

So 2 sum it up, WHEW! HEW! FOR THE NIGERIAN MEN!~* smiley

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2010
^way to go girl grin
i'm sure he a yoruba man

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
Yoruba man? I must do research.
What are some characteristics of them?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Kunbee: 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
BoboYekini:

^way to go girl grin
i'm sure he a yoruba man

Na igbo jor
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 12:03am On Dec 03, 2010
Kunbee

was that response 2 me, sorry i dnt understand ;(
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Kunbee: 12:06am On Dec 03, 2010
The guy said the man must be yoruba, i said he is igbo

The tribes in Nigeria undecided
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 12:10am On Dec 03, 2010
@ Kunbee

Whatz the difference b-tween the 2?
I want 2 learn as much as i can that way I'm not ignorant 2 his culture (that would just be rude!)
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 03, 2010
N_Danielle:

Yoruba man? I must do research.
What are some characteristics of them?

they're polite, lovvve their women, and are excellent in bed.
cant say the same for ibo men though

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 12:23am On Dec 03, 2010
@ BoboYekini

I think he's a Youruba man grin

He's very polite and very affectionate. He's a hard worker also. WOW! besides my dad i've never seen a man wrk so hard.
I have a ? 4U regarding marriage. When a Youruba man brings up marriage is he really serious about it? He asked me about marriage about 2 1/2 mon. N2 our relationship. I mean we're not getting married until October 2011. But I just would Luv 2 hear what the views are regarding marriage.

(unlike the american men i've dated, who take it as a nice thing 2 say BUT never really wanted 2 go through w/it.)
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 03, 2010
well you heard otis redding, when a man loves a woman,
when a yoruba man loves you, he'd marry you on the spot.
matter of fact, i think a man's love CAN be measured by how quickly he wants to make an honest woman of you.

if the love's mutual, pls go ahead kiss
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 12:47am On Dec 03, 2010
@ BoboYekini

I def. intend 2 go ahead w/the marriage. He tells me how he wishes he could marry me 2morrow smiley all the time.
I just love it. I'm getting goose bumps just think about it  grin

So ques. about the marriage process. I've read somethings about how it usually happens. Is this still practiced 2dy even if he lives in the US?
2 me this is so! cool. (4 lack of a better wrd.)

{{The marriage process begins with the introduction, which takes place several days prior to the wedding itself and often involves the families both wearing traditional Nigerian clothing. The ceremony involves groom's family visiting the bride's family and giving them a letter to ask the family permission to marry their daughter}}

What else can u tell me about the marriage process.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 03, 2010
that's about it,
the ceremony is, by tradition, held at the bride's place. her people play host to the groom's party in the best way they can, according to their own culture. so no biggie, just make sure it entertaining, we yoruba's love a good party
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 1:12am On Dec 03, 2010
@ BoboYekini:

Thanks 4 the information.

He sys that he will pay 4 the wedding. (Is this typical OR is he just being generous.)
One lst ques. how about the ring, when does that come OR is it based on the person or is there a cultural process. LBS smiley
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 1:17am On Dec 03, 2010
Congrats.

Whats your boyfriends name? Are you black or White?

For pictures of Nigerian wedding see this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-478074.0.html
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 03, 2010
yeah, sure, he can pay for it , typically if its gon be a rather big affair, both sides pool funds.

the ring? its a cultural thing, i think. If you'd get wed by a minister also, that'd be taken care of, i guess
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 1:26am On Dec 03, 2010
Maurice. I'm AA.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 1:33am On Dec 03, 2010
Maurice is an English name so I cant deduce if he is Yoruba , Igbo or something else

But I suspect he is Igbo because most Yorubas dont go by their English name(If they have) Though some people give themselves English name when they have clumsy native names

Go through that link I gave you and see pictures of Nigerian weddings. If you find out the tribe he is from, Check the culture thread and learn a little bit about his culture.

BTW How old are you and How old is he?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 1:36am On Dec 03, 2010
@ dayokanu:

<3 the wedding pics, he sys that we can hve an american wedding. But I plan 2 change N2 cultural attire for the reception. I dnt know if this is cultural or not but I thought it would be a nice taste. I;m doing more and more research on Nigeria as a whole. I dnt like 2B ignorant 2 new situations.

I'm 25 and he's 39 (y the ? about age?)
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 1:41am On Dec 03, 2010
I asked about the age to know if you are ready for Marriage.

You would be 26 next yr which is perfect.

Do you talk to any of your to-be inlaws? Do they like you? When did your husband come to the US, Has he ever been married before?

Try and do some background check, You never can tell
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 1:50am On Dec 03, 2010
@ dayokanu

No I hvnt spoken w/my 2B in-laws yet. But I hve asked him has he spoken 2 them about me and he sys yes. His mom had even asked if I was coming with him when he went 2 a fam. reunion in sept. He replied w/a no becuz i had something else 2 do w/church. (Which was true.)

He's been in the US for sometime now, he's been @ his current job for 16+ yrs.
No he's never been married B4, no kids. As a matter of fact, that was the first ques. he asked me, LBS!.

The info. he's tld me so far checks out. O! yes.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 4:32am On Dec 03, 2010
Seems you have done your background check.

Enjoy your relationship is all I can say. Find out about his tribe and learn some stuffs about his culture.

WHich city/State are you guys located? You might find some Nigerian women who would teach you some of his local dishes you can surprise him at Xmas with a home meal Lol
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 5:44am On Dec 03, 2010
@ dayokanu

We're in Chgo, IL.

O! yes. I've done my homewrk. I had a few guys try 2 scam me but i stopped them in their tracks, I knew their nxt move before they did and they ran like a scared little puppy, LBS!

______________________---------------------------------__________________________

O! yes. I <3 this man beyond wrds. and he does me, it's really a dream come true.

One more question 4U.

What is it w/nigerian men and plump women  cheesy
I tld him that i was thinking about loosing 100 pounds (I hve all the rt. curves in the right places but i just want 2 tone up) and he was like OMG! no. I love you just the way you are. Is it a cultural thing or just personal preference.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 6:26am On Dec 03, 2010
Chicago?  I used to live on the Northside. Thordale/Winthrop close to Lakeshore minutes away from Loyola University. It was too cold for me so I ran downsawth

The thing is Nigerian men dont do skinny, A lil flesh in the right place some cushion for the pushing.

Skinny girls are viewed as malnourished and in some cases diseased or poverty striken.

Most African guys are skinny and would like their women to have flesh on them

So bones wont be slamming bones. I did one skinny chic one time and her Pelvic bones were just hurting me real bad while in the act, even in other postures there was nothing to hold, No bosom to suck. Nothing feminine at all

Regarding Nigerian meals there are a lot on the Northside.

Nigerian Kitchen on WIlson, Qaato used to be good its on Clark, And Bolat is around Broadway close to the Chicago cubs stadium. If you are on the South side I know Ola Mummy around S. Commercial.

Another way to a Naija man aside great sex is good food and you showing you are homely
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 6:32am On Dec 03, 2010
@ dayokanu

Got-cha. Thnks for the info.

Yes i'm very homely and love 2 cook. He practically hooked, lol.

My nxt thing is learning how 2 cook his cultural foods.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ BoboYekini
@ Kunbee
@ Dayokanu

Just found out that my man is a descendant from the Igbo Tribe smiley Might I add he's soooooooooooooo! handsome,,,,WOW!

So what are somethings about the men?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
where else do u find men so strong and dedicated,we are Nigerians
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
Danielle,

Ibo men, Know you can never go hungry. They work hard like tractors even might forget the need for fun time. This might annoy you a little just a heads up.

When you start having kids he might love the kids to a fault (Hope you are not the jealous type)

He would rather wear rags but he would make sure his family are well provided for.

He wont hesitate to show you off as his WORTHY woman. Hope you are prepared for all these.

These are some of the things that make African men different

I might be generalising and given that he has been in the US for like 20yrs, He might have lost some of these good/bad attributes
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ dayokanu:

I knew there had 2B a underline reasoning 4 all of the wrk BUT it makes me very happy that I know the reason y now!
Yes sometimes he does forget 2 take time out for fun because he's exhausted from wrk.
Showing Me OFF!!!!!!!!! {{Cnt wait!}}
Jealous Type {{Absolutely NOT!}}

*!~ He's tld me that he doesn't want me 2 wrk, he wants me 2 stay @ home and finish my schooling and concentrate on my Graphic Arts Business. Is this typical for Igbo men?

Igbo men & Polygamy?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ eddy2222

I guess so! & that's a wonderful trait 2 hve.
Nothing worse than a man who doesn't want 2 wrk. Yuck! (I mean I would never get involved w/a man who doesn't from the get go. LBS!)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs From Back: When? Remember Any? Jot Them Down Here / Igbo learning thread + Translator / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.