Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action (19240 Views)

Yemisi Suswam Escapes Mob Action In Abuja / EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Imo Lawmaker Escapes Mob Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Abagworo(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday in Owerri, the state capital rescued a middle aged woman from being lynched when, under the cover of sit-at-home order issued by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MOSSOB), attempted to steal in her neighbourhood.

The unidentified woman rescued by the governor at the Christ Church Road, Owerri took advantage of the MOSSOB directive to shop-lift but unknown to her the shop owner was inside with some of her goods outside.

The shop owner however, did not know what was happening until a neighbour drew her attention by asking her whether the person carrying cartons of drinks from her shop had paid for them.

According to an eye witness, it was then that the shop owner, who had been sitting inside the shop out of fear for MOSSOB, then came out and raised the alarm, which drew the attention of the neighbours and passersby, who rushed to lynch the woman before Okorocha’s entourage arrived.

It was gathered that after narrating the story, the governor appealed to the shop owner and the mob to forgive the thief and instantly paid the woman whose shop was lifted the sum of N100,000 and offered to start a business for the thief.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/okorocha-rescues-woman-from-mob-action/

http://leadership.ng/news/090613/okorocha-rescues-thief-being-lynched

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by gbadexy(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Those are little things that go a long way.
I doubt the relatives of the their, shop owner or the community would forget this action.
And the governor seems to genuinely enjoy philanthropy.

6 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by ifyalways(f): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
So when internet warriors were shouting "the sit at home was a huge success" they were actually foooling themselves? cheesy
Traders were in their shops doing biz codedly.

As per the female shoplifter,thank God for Rochas. Her own for don enter "once upon a time. . ."

10 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by dplomaticVal: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
It's a General phenomenon
that peeps like Okorocha
Nvr lack!!

3 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by gbanikiti(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
Female Shoplifter don hammer!

Shop owner sef get 100k just like that!

Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha, idikwa too much!! cool cool cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Garrithe1st: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
*On my way to Oshodi for shop-lifting*

I claim my double portion

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry

18 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by DuduNegro: 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
It was gathered that after narrating the story, the governor appealed to the shop owner and the mob to forgive the thief and instantly paid the woman whose shop was lifted the sum of N100,000 and offered to start a business for the thief.

A 21yr old Igbo woman with four kids left Delta to Abuja and then to Lagos in pursuit of raising money to start business and Okorocha has not helped her but he put "amnesty money" out for a thief to start business.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by DuduNegro: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
donchris999: Oboy na for lagos you wan shoplift? Oshodi of all places? Chei!!! Singing flavour #odlkwa very risky#

Lol! grin you want amnesty?
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
Rochas, u need to be prudent. 100k for what na?

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by DuduNegro: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
Garri the 1st: *On my way to Oshodi for shop-lifting*

I claim my double portion

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry

Garri want amnesty.... grin
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
Much as I admire Rochas, I feel it is time he's reminded that the governor of a state is expected to be less impulsive than Don Jazzy, who hands over 100K on whim.

Okorocha gives N.2m to driver that hit him

3 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Garrithe1st: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
donchris999: Oboy na for lagos you wan shoplift? Oshodi of all places? Chei!!! Singing flavour #odlkwa very risky#

It's faith bro....

Nothing is impossible for my God to do..

cool cool cool

Luke 17:6 - And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Praise the Lord!!!!

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by yuzedo: 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
LMAO! FOH Roach-asss! grin grin grin
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by donchris999: 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
I love ur faith bro! Hope this faith does not lead you to a brutal fate. Oshodi boyz no know luke 17:6. Anyway, our God is a miracle wonder God. You can meet yuzedo to take you to banana island sha. Luke 17:6 will work there.
Garri the 1st:

It's faith bro....

Nothing is impossible for my God to do..

cool cool cool

Luke 17:6 - And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Chinwem(f): 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Kudos to Okorocha

When will lynching stop in this country for Pete's sake??!!!??

All it takes to meet your Maker is for your enemy to shout 'thief' 'thief' and point in your direction.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by gbanikiti(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

A 21yr old Igbo woman with four kids left Delta to Abuja and then to Lagos in pursuit of raising money to start business and Okorocha has not helped her but he put "amnesty money" out for a thief to start business.

I thought Fashola has helped her? She didn't run to Imo State na!

4 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
Shop-lifting may not be bad afterall. I'm going to Aluu village to farm-lift cocoayam and hope the rescues me with money to start my own website grin

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
Why should a vigilante group hold me to ransom in my city?

What happened to freedom of movement under human right act?

Educated people from igbo communities should speak against this archaic act.

Yes, MASSOB wants a sovereign nation but going about it this way doesn't make them any different from the already sovereign state they are part of.

Why can't they lobby UN, form alliances with other countries to put pressure on Nigeria for a breakaway, lobby their Senators and Reps to call for a national conference instead of wanting to lynch a fellow Biafran for going about her business? undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by edicha80: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Garrithe1st: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
donchris999: You can meet yuzedo to take you to banana island sha. Luke 17:6 will work there.

Thanks, but no thanks..

Yuzedo is a relentless booty poacher.. Always in quest of damsels with "bull-dozer" hips and "bazooka" manchesters.....

Dude aint gonna give a damn about a brother's plight....

sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Okijajuju: 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
Let the kiss-assssing begin...

Abagworo, I hail o
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Rochas for President........................of Actors Guild of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Garrithe1st: 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Shop-lifting may not be bad afterall. I'm going to Aluu village to farm-lift cocoayam and hope the rescues me with money to start my own website grin

Amaechi no go look ya face ooo!!!

Better go to Owerri or Lag for that kind mission, if not... Na RIP oooo..

cheesy cheesy cheesy

P.S. Wherever you choose to go to Stay away from Osun.. Aregberascal no get joy at all for "omila" tins ooo

3 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by critique101(f): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
There is something u ppl should know. Rochas okolocha uses the media to promote himself. He actually hasn't done much in the state. Pensions r not being paid. There r still bad roads. Do not b deceived

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Capnd143(m): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
am off to maitama to shop-lift i hope Gej rescues me during the act. In Gej i await

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
instant amnesty cool
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by jmoore(m): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
ifyalways: So when internet warriors were shouting "the sit at home was a huge success" they were actually foooling themselves? cheesy
Traders were in their shops doing biz codedly.

Don't mind them, Ariaria in Aba was open on that day.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Charlesedet25(m): 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ur own don beef cos dem go beat u lyk 3hrs, den burn u lyk d 4 ALUU....... Bt dis 1 go be 1 ~OSHODI~
Garri the 1st: *On my way to Oshodi for shop-lifting*

I claim my double portion(just like this Ibo thief)

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sit at home koo, stand at home nii, here in Anambra aguata side there was nothing like sit at home except for those that was looking for a chance to get some rest. My little sis that has been over working her self was busy announcing to all that care to listen so she could use the opportunity to stay herself lol, but ther manager has to call them around 9am to start coming to work as they work sats. The sit at home was only for sch children who don't go to sch on sat.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Kingslaw(m): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
Oh My God! See comment! Lol.
@op the two women na their day be that.well programed by God to take place.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Garrithe1st: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
Charlesedet25: Ur own don beef cos dem go beat u lyk 3hrs, den burn u lyk d 4 ALUU....... Bt dis 1 go be 1 ~OSHODI~

Dey dere dey jealous me... You hear!!

Una go hear my testimony...

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria-china Roadshow Fetches $50 Billion — NNPC / Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health / NYSC: Sanwo-Olu Government To Involve Corpers In Construction Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.