Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? (10308 Views)

kite-flyers: When Was The Last Time You Saw This In Your Area? / When Was The Last Time You Cried And What Happened? / Help On How To Recharge A Generator Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by lukaino(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
How often do you buy generators?
I am buying generators almost on a yearly basis. It has alway been the "i better pass my neighbour" i got a 2kva last year and i am hoping it will last for sometime. though my usage is very high as PHCN does what they know best. Looking forward to that day we would not need these in Nigeria
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
THINKING OF BUYING ONE shocked
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
I knw sum1 who bot a gen that has alarm... And it switches on by itself...

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by supreme104: 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
just passing by am comeing back to comment
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Last Month... The One I Had Before Got Spolit Because My Goat Urinated Inside The Fuel Tank...
Bt mehn! Dat gen get history... E old pass wole soyinka...#Hyperbole o#
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Wendyslim(f): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
3 years ago.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by omoba533: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Donkey years back......

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
I want to says something. But i dey fear my oga at D Top.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by coalcoal1(m): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
8 years ago
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Okijajuju: 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
I just purchased a 20kva Cummins gen last month for 1.6m (plus commisioning) for my main home.

Will be purchasing another 5kva by July ending for my annex home.

Save money and purchase a big diesel generator.. They last longer than fuel generators and require less servicing.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Ewedusoup(m): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
Democracy day
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by konn: 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
never bought one phcn is my best friend
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
5 years ago. i never buy fuel this year for gen until last week
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by dplomaticVal: 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
I think my
horga @ d.top wil be
in the btr position 2
ans thiz questn cry
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by akdjr(m): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
last month
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Shalome(m): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
I no dey buy Gen,na strictly Candle thingz
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by bokohalal(m): 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
Do not need one.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
Okija juju: I just purchased a 20kva Cummins gen last month for 1.6m (plus commisioning) for my main home.

Save money and purchase a big diesel generator.. They last longer than fuel generators and require less servicing.
ermm bros your manshun go big o chei. you dey run aluminium factory for house? grin

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
Okija juju: I just purchased a 20kva Cummins gen last month for 1.6m (plus commisioning) for my main home.

Save money and purchase a big diesel generator.. They last longer than. fuel generators and require less servicing.

Which ones are not fuel generator? tongue heheeeheeee .....

4 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by darella(m): 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
With an initial down payment of 50k get a 2.4KVA 12V Inverter + 2x12V 200AH battery ┄installed n payback d rest in 3months
Call 08028051535, 08097705307, darella82@yahoo.com for details.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by jibbzion(m): 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Since 19- forogbo-mu-garri #PardonMyManners, I just had to do that. Ne'er gotten one though, ion need it 'cos got power 20hrs a dayyy.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Okijajuju: 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
ilugunboy:

Which ones are not fuel generator? tongue heheeeheeee .....

Smart ass.. cheesy
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by omiobo: 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
5yrs. E no dey act funny at all because if e fumble I go sell am buy spanner.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Goodcare(m): 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
o ti pe oooh
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by jibbzion(m): 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
konn: never bought one phcn is my best friend
Ehen!!! I guess one "NEPA" is my brother then. Mtcheeew.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
Okija juju:

Smart ass.. cheesy

Loolzzz...you are right though.. The diesel powered generators are by far better than the petrol powered.

However, in my estate you can't run petrol generator ( strictly diesel power gen allowed) nor can your gen run beyond 12am...either you then switch to the inverter or you let open the windows.. cheesy
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Okijajuju: 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
9jadelta: ermm bros your manshun go big o chei. you dey run aluminium factory for house? grin

Lol.

Funny enuff when the company came to do a load assessment on my house, they suggested a 27 - 33kva gen.. Nna men! I shout na. So I settled for the 20 kva.. The motivation to buy the Generator was longevity. Now I know that over the next 4 - 6 years, I no go get any major headache with generator. Simply service it every 5000 hours and you will be fine. You fit run her for 48hours non stop and your mind no go cut say e go spoil from over working..

The only downside to big generators na the price of Diesel..

But thank God for Asari refineries Nig limited.. grin

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Tokotaya: 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
Three years ago. I take good care of it though.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by ogb5(m): 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2013

Buying big diesel generator is not the problem, fueling it is the main issue,

Give it six months you will be singing a different song on how you spend a good part of your income on diesel

I use to have 30kva, 15kva diesel generators together with 5kva, 2kva and 1kva Petrol generators.

That was long ago
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Okijajuju: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
ilugunboy:

Loolzzz...you are right though.. The diesel powered generators are by far better than the petrol powered.

However, in my estate you can't run petrol generator ( strictly diesel power gen allowed) nor can your gen run beyond 12am...either you then switch to the inverter or you let open the windows.. cheesy

grin I can imagine that o.. But the luck for me is that the generator is soundproofed so nobody get voice to complain..
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by keni: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Am actually preparing to buy a new on now, I just have to win this battle over darkness
Re: When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? by Okijajuju: 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
ogb5:

Buying big diesel generator is not the problem, fueling it is the main issue,

Give it six months you will be singing a different song on how you spend a good part of your income on diesel

I use to have 30kva, 15kva diesel generators together with 5kva, 2kva and 1kva Petrol generators.

That was long ago

I have backed it up with a 15kva inverter.. Only problem is I bought the inverter second hand from a family friend who was relocating abroad.. The darn thing does not even last. Can't carry a single 1.5 horsepower AC and a single fridge for up to 1:30 mins before it runs flat. Now my next mission is to save up, sell this one off and replace it with a brand new solar powered 20kva inverter.. That should solidly cover all my electricity problem. Although I must confess sha, NEPA for my area dey para of late.. From 6pm in the evening till 10am in the morning, you barely suffer up to 3hrs of no light cumulative.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Was Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Ms Stephanie Adaralegbe / Happy New Year Nairalanders! / Do You Count How Many Sachet Are In A Bag Of Pure Water After Buying It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.