Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. (4273 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? / Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by slinkky(m): 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abuja – The Minister of Power, Prof Chinedu Nebo, in Abuja on Monday inaugurated a 13-member Technical Investigative Panel to articulate ways of mitigating constant system collapse in the power sector.

The members of the panel include Fatai Olapade, Chairman; A. Adebisi, Secretary; as well as Sanusi Garba, Sam Amadi,
R. Dagogo-jack, and J. Ognonna.

Others are Kingsley Achefe, O. Ekpo, James Olotu, Mike Uzoigwe, Chris Akamnonu, Don Priestman, and Kunle Olubiyo, President of Network for Energy Reforms.

Nebo said that the panel would determine the immediate and remote causes of the system failures and review all system collapses which occurred since January.

He urged the panel to review the performance and effectiveness of the grid’s protection system in the period under review.

The panel is also expected to recommend measures to further strengthen the protection mechanism and to consider any other system collapse related issues in the sector, Nebo said.

He gave the panel two weeks to submit its report and warned that the ministry would not tolerate any excuse on failure to carry out the assignment.

Earlier, the Minister of State for Power, Hajia Zainab Kuchi, urged members of the panel to be `bold and innovative’ in their investigation.

She called on the panel to get results that would be permanent to solve the problems of power in the country.

Responding on behalf of members of the panel, Olapade said they would submit the report within the specified period. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/13-member-panel-raised-to-investigate-power-sector-collapse/
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by gbanikiti(m): 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
what's the difference between a panel and committee?
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
Mheeen, GEJ is not playing o
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by slinkky(m): 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
gbanikiti: what's the difference between a panel and committee?
in this context no difference
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Policewoman(f): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
They have been setting up these panels since the beginning of the 2nd republic in 1979.

3 Likes

Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by baby124: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Another panel which includes staff and set up by the minister? Sure. SMH. Boys club must wack. Why not sack all the heads at present now? In Abacha's time you dare not mess up, you will lose your job plus be investigated.
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Jglad(f): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
a panel has bin set up, later a committee wil b brought up 2 luk 4 ways 2 improve power supply nt forgettin dat both members re bin paid... Afta d whole process fails,d same tin wil b repeated again wit no benefits 4 d masses... Yet BadLuck wil promise us UNINTERUPTED POWER SUPPLY EVERY YEAR.. 9JA IS BLESSED!
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Skywalker5(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
well maybe a good one. who knows?

someone needs to explain the power failures we have
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by born2fuckpussy: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
Power failure that has occured since 1960, demolished after millitary ruled and finally collapse in januaryy, that's cause from bad foundation. What are you investigating again?, hope investigation won't cause I billion naira
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by excondido(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Must they constitute a panel or committee to know the root causes of power failure? Even a primary school pupil will know its corruption without second thought..

1 Like

Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Celepope: 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
excondido: Must they constitute a panel or committee to know the root causes of power failure? Even a primary school pupil will know its corruption without second thought..
Primary school student?I bet you don't even know the cause undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Policewoman(f): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
slinkky: Nebo said that the panel would determine the immediate and remote causes of the system failures and review all system collapses which occurred since January.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/13-member-panel-raised-to-investigate-power-sector-collapse/
Everybody knows that the problem is the low power generation capacity in the country. Are we generating up to 4000MW now?

1 Like

Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by mankand(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Goons------ Always looking for avenue to steal money.

Well keep setting up committee and panels, i even think it is high time we set up panels to check IQ of our politicians also.

We are already waiting for you all in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by israelboy1(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by 3ace(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
Policewoman: They have been setting up these panels since the beginning of the 2nd republic in 1979.
Who knows, it might work this time. Don't loose hope.

1 Like

Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by excondido(m): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Cele-pope:

Primary school student?I bet you don't even know the cause undecided undecided undecided

who is talking to this scumbag?
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by kadree(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
A panel is already bn set-up to look into d "almost certain failure" of dis panel.another means to corner some banjamins
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by bknight: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
Power supply has improved in and around my neighbourhood.

While there's still so much room for improvement & a lot of work to be done, so far I commend.
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by excondido(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
Cele-pope:

i suppose u know the cause. then why dont u move ahead and tell them the causes? or arent u patriotic enuogh to profer solutions instead of allowing the endless circle of corruption to continue. save the so called panel time and money we dont have.....u asslicker!
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by dedons: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
Another opportunity for some to make money
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by AkinDavid2: 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
"What is wrong with this AdManager always popping up unnecessarily" and back to topic..another subsidy probe drama.
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Bigsteveg(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Uhnnmmmm........maybe one of dese daiz when Goodluck is findin to difficult to vist d toilet, they'ℓ set up a panel 4 dat also..##seriously i hav to set up a panel as to Ɣ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ babe left me sad
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Afrocatalyst: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
I like d way he put a deadline to it. I think dats d approach to adapt in delegating duties in d public sector and failure to deliver before the said time should also carry consequences which must include giving d responsibility to some1 more competent wit d same deadline til the said goal is achievd. Way to go Naija.
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by adaobasi(f): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
It's alright if they promised to do a good job.
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by dirifred(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
Cele-pope:

This mindless talking of sopposed mature people is the reason i our politicians are dull, they just say crap and there are willing messengers to spread it for free without thinking.
If majority of Nigerian will just think a little about what our politician say, we will have a better polity, the politician will at least think before they talk.
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by tempest01(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
The panel should also consist of foreign experts with the know how in power generation and transmission. Even if it is to get engineers from south africa or brazil
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by browncool(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Prof Chinedu Nebo (de Panel setter), you and I know that you needed no panel setting to decode the reasons why there is no light in the country. When will this Government start putting the right pegs in the right holes?
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by 1Dray(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
excondido:

i suppose u know the cause. then why dont u move ahead and tell them the causes? or arent u patriotic enuogh to profer solutions instead of allowing the endless circle of corruption to continue. save the so called panel time and money we dont have.....u asslicker!

Aint you a fo.ol? It's you and your primary school pupils that should proffer solution to it since you already know the cause...
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by thelastPope(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Some of you just comment for comment sake. The bottom line of this committee is to actually find out if there is some kind of sabotage. Just re-read the ministers statement again and you will get the gist. He has been saying repeatedly, that the FG will not tolerate these kind of system collapse. The tone is clearly that of suspicion of sabotage.

Secondly, saying committee is to chop money is just repeating what dumb critics like to say. How much do you think is allocated to these committees? You think the FG just throws millions and billions into these committees? What is the budget of the power ministry? Some of you should talk more intelligently and not just dumbly repeat what others say. This is a welcome development. This is a technical commitee and it is high time real engineers look into the system failures.

1 Like

Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
In my area we've nt seen light fr more than a month nw nd dese politicians r busy setting up panels......After bringing old transformers fr citizens to use una go dey set up panels to look in2 problems whose root,xtics nd solutions u already knw.......We r xpected to run on jst generator,on top of d ever increasing cost of living
Since I was born,we've neva ad 12hrs of uninterrupted power supply,nd na nw we dey set up panel abi?
.........Oh Nigeria,my heart bleeds for u......
Re: Panel Set-up To Investigate Power Failure. by emamos: 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
gbanikiti: what's the difference between a panel and committee?
dont mind them.Yeye people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us President Barack Obama As You Have Never Seen Before! (pics) / Another SA -Nigerian Arms Deal Bust / Buhari Speaks About His Campaign Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.